Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Whats1a1squat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Power clean/full clean help

I have been getting more into trying to have good form on the power clean and full clean. As of now my pr for power clean is 225, and my full clean is 205. My problem is, I could clean like 235 to the point where I am in full depth squat, but can not squat it up. Same goes for 225, I can't full clean it but I can power clean it.

My issue is that this is backwards to what I have heard should be the case. I am wondering what my issue is. I deadlift 365, and I high bar back squat 225 atg (2 rep maxes). Front squat never tried more than 185 which i can do for usually 3 reps atg. Would you say my squat is the weak link in my clean. I definitely don't have perfect form, but thats not whats keeping me from just front squatting the weight up.

Sorry if this question seems confusing but I am essentially asking: Why is my power clean higher than my full clean? I can get under more weight for the full clean, but I just can't front squat it up.

olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000) olyw8lifter is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Weak legs, IMHO. You only back squat 225lb for a 2RM? That's why. To clean it, with good technique, you would likely want to back squat it for a minimum 5 reps, and front squat it for at least 2.

Honestly, if your technique is not perfect, you won't full clean 225lbs without upping your squat and/or cleaning up your tech.

To tell you how bad your technique is, we would need to see a video!!
    Training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168969133

Blame it on the sets QuickReflection's Avatar
    QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50) QuickReflection will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's too bad man. Yeah, your legs are weak. I could power clean 205 lbs in HS weighing about 120-125 lbs. One problem you probably have is that you don't have enough oxygen in the tank. I'd work on taking some deep fast breaths before doing your lifts.
    https://youtu.be/3xURLvQ0GdU

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=167958293 - for those looking for an established, legit program.

You can always take the weight off again. Then you bulk up again. It's almost like a yo yo diet for an obese person. ~ Squid, the man, the leagend

FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000) FNG37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop power cleaning then.

Your legs are weak, your pull is strong, so work on your legs. You'd see the most out of a linear progression on your back squat. Stahp power cleaning, catch the clean in a squat and stand up, every rep.

BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000) BG5150 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    More and heavier front squats. Because what is the movement at the bottom of the clean but a front squat?
    --There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.

--Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81

--The proper plural form of the Latin adjective biceps is bicipites, a form not in general English use. Instead, biceps is used in both singular and plural (i.e., when referring to both arms). The form bicep [sic], although common even in professional contexts, is considered incorrect. (from Wikipedia)

javelin22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you are more powerful than your strength. speed is greater than strength for you

try the smolov squat program! i saw a HUGE difference in strength!

TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10) TristanKay is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by javelin22 View Post
    you are more powerful than your strength. speed is greater than strength for you

try the smolov squat program! i saw a HUGE difference in strength!
    You definitely need more squatting. It's 100% a weakness in your squat that's causing this. Be careful with Smolov as it is an extremely demanding program. You're not going to want to do much else if you are on a Smolov squat program.
    *** RIVALUS -- BRAND MANAGER ***

|FREE RIVALWHEY SAMPLE|
    http://www.rivalus.net/us/product/rivalwhey-sample-pack-3/
    **Limit one per customer**

|STORE|
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/rivalus.html

|SOCIAL|
    www.********.com/rivalus
    www. instagram.com/rivalus
    www.twitter.com/rivalus