Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hormel is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Help! Mass Gainer for a Friend with Crohn's disease

Hello!

I have a friend who has Crohn's disease, and he's had a pretty hard time his entire life gaining any sort of weight. He's looking for a mass gainer that would be on the lower end of the GI Scale , that wouldn't upset his stomach very much. He has had issues with beef based protein, dairy can cause him some issues with urgency and ****ting, he has excessive bile production because he has no terminal ileum. If anyone has any experience or knowledge on the subject and has any idea I will give you my measly reps ! Thank you
    U.S Army Soldier
    #23 Ranked Competitive Eater with Major League Eating
    Dallas Cowboys | Charlotte Bobcats
    Future WWE Champion -Lance Storm Wrestling Academy in Sept 2014

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A calorie surplus would be best thing for your friend and he should discuss any supps with his doc.

TDEE Calculator

Calculating Calories and Macronutrients

Nutrition
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) compan has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Having UC myself, I haven't been able to tolerate a single gainer TBH.

I'd say try a good tasting isolate protein (ISO-100, Isotean, Isolicious, ect. also look out for Gaspari Precision Protein) and adding it into a blender with some almond milk, almond/peanut butter and a banana. Great way to get extra calories from whole food with some extra protein. Isolates will be easier on the stomach with the lack of lactose. He can even go the veggie protein route with RawFusion.

I'd say from personal experience, the above shake before bed is a nice substitute for dessert and should be an easy 500 cal depending how you make it. Have them try eating smaller meals throughout the day totaling up to cals that are 500-1,000 above maintenance based on the calculators posted above. Not overloading his meals should help with gastric distress (in my experience).

Registered User noaddedhormones's Avatar
    noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) noaddedhormones is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    He needs to find foods which agree with him then eat more of them to reach the required cals. I also have UC and it is ultimately a game of trial and error. I am 5 10' and 215lbs if thats any consolation for your friend.
    Last edited by noaddedhormones; 09-13-2016 at 03:38 PM.
    OL R&D
    NoChit

mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't recommend a gainer in this instance I can't see one being tolerable to someone with that disease..best bet is to stick to whole foods that agree with him and try to maintain a caloric surplus. Make a chart or something that has foods that are ok and ones that aren't and go from there
    *Nutrabolics Representative *

http://www.nutrabolics.com.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/nutra.htm

Stay tuned...big things are coming!

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I have a friend with crohns, he is actually a competitive bodybuilder. He is really trying hard at 35 to prevent the need for an ostomy. I gave him some samples of Mass Gainz which would be lower on the GI scale with its whole food carb complex of Oats and Quinoa and he tolerated it very well, It is a 2 scoop serving, he had better success drinking 1 scoop, waiting 30-60 min and drinking the second scoop.

Mike
    ….