MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Anyone have experience importing a car?

Ive been seriously looking into buying a 1991-1994 Acura NSX lately. Ive wanted one for 15 years now and im doing pretty well financially. I was planning on spending around $35,000 on a clean one with around 90-100k miles

I figured if im spending that kind of money, I might as well go all out and spend a bit more and get a Right hand drive Honda NSX from japan

Anyway, ive been emailing an importer, theyre quoting me around $45,000 USD out the door for that kind of mileage/year. Seems like a reputable company (JDM Expo out of albany, NY) they wont buy cars that had major accidents, etc

Questions:
    1. is it worth the extra $10k to get a RHD nsx from japan?
    2. I only tried one company so far, any recommendations on other importing companies i can try?
    3. anyone have experience on getting insurance/inspections/etc. anything different with imports?

MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MillerDecaXC is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    bump

no one???

BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrahPlease has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ask a honda forum.
    Keep rep trading out of your sig line miss

nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) nsnick67 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Price sounds reasonable if its a reputable company, why do you want RHD though?

sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000) sumolgi is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MillerDecaXC View Post
    Questions:
    2. I only tried one company so far, any recommendations on other importing companies i can try?
    3. anyone have experience on getting insurance/inspections/etc. anything different with imports?
    1. Not IMO
    2. These guys have a good rep but not sure about an NSX
    https://www.japaneseclassics.com
    3. Customs, DOT, and EPA on top of any state stuff. A good importer is going to guide you through the process start to finish.

Biggest loads in the NW IlChosenOne's Avatar
    IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You'd probably have to overnight parts from Japan
    * Rawdog crew * Creampie crew * Poverty crew *

Haven't worn a condom since middle school crew

* HTC crew *

* Teacher crew *

Originally Posted by sumolgi View Post
    1. Not IMO
    2. These guys have a good rep but not sure about an NSX
    https://www.japaneseclassics.com
    3. Customs, DOT, and EPA on top of any state stuff. A good importer is going to guide you through the process start to finish.

Since Ive posted this, Ive been emailing Rivsu Imports in Florida. They give me access to japanese auctions and let me bid, etc. then if I win, they do all the work importing, shipping, legalizing, titling, etc for around $8000 on top of the selling price. seems reasonable, I should be able to get a 90-91 Honda NSX with around 75,000 miles for under $40,000 shipped to my door.

And I want a RHD because its unique. Plus LHD acura NSXs literally jumped up 25%+ in the past 2 months... Its actuallly looking like even with import fees/shipping/etc, it will be the same price or cheaper to get one from japan.

Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't waste your money, honestly. I'm familiar with Rivisu imports and they're a reputable company but if you have $40k to spend, buy an NSX here. There's no real improvements over a RHD car as opposed to a LHD car, unless you're really after JDM scene points and winning parking lot car show wars.

Either way, it's not just the buy in price. There are services you have to worry about for the car. Timing belt, water pump, ABS, etc. Skip on those and you're looking at a solid bill (in the thousands). If you are looking for an NSX, search on NSXPrime, join the NSXPrime FB, look on eBay and AutoTrader. Solely based on uniqueness alone, buying a RHD car is not worth the hassle.

<--------- Owns an NSX
    NPC Physique/Classic Physique

United States Marine Corps [Sep. '01 - Mar. '13]

I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul.

Instagram: charles_uncaged

Originally Posted by Ascendent View Post
    Don't waste your money, honestly. I'm familiar with Rivisu imports and they're a reputable company but if you have $40k to spend, buy an NSX here. There's no real improvements over a RHD car as opposed to a LHD car, unless you're really after JDM scene points and winning parking lot car show wars.

Either way, it's not just the buy in price. There are services you have to worry about for the car. Timing belt, water pump, ABS, etc. Skip on those and you're looking at a solid bill (in the thousands). If you are looking for an NSX, search on NSXPrime, join the NSXPrime FB, look on eBay and AutoTrader. Solely based on uniqueness alone, buying a RHD car is not worth the hassle.

<--------- Owns an NSX

Thanks man, Ive been a prime member for some time. im definitely up in the air. 50/50 at this point. I just hate the fact that a 91-94 NSX with ~70k miles just went from selling for $30-35k to 40-50k basically overnight... makes me scared to buy right now... when a stock jumps up a high percentage in a short period of time, you damn well know it will fall/retrace

pros/cons to importing:
    -cheaper
    -unique RHD
    -cant inspect the car (although most "inspector notes" with the auctions seem to be very detailed though indicating any dents/scratches/mods/etc)
    -usually no service records

pros/cons of buying in the US:
    -can look at the car/test drive
    -better chance of getting records
    -easier to get a loan/financing (I can pay cash but want to finance half of it)
    -more expensive, possibly inflated/bubble price at the moment?
    -not as unique

I wont be driving the car until spring anyway so I have time to really think about it, research auctions and prices and everything.

What is your opinion of the recent price increase in NSXs?
    Last edited by MillerDecaXC; 10-04-2016 at 11:02 AM.

Biggest loads in the NW IlChosenOne's Avatar
    IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) IlChosenOne has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I wouldn't do it myself unless you were able to overnight parts from Japan.
    * Rawdog crew * Creampie crew * Poverty crew *

Haven't worn a condom since middle school crew

* HTC crew *

* Teacher crew *

Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ascendent has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks man, Ive been a prime member for some time. im definitely up in the air. 50/50 at this point. I just hate the fact that a 91-94 NSX with ~70k miles just went from selling for $30-35k to 40-50k basically overnight... makes me scared to buy right now... when a stock jumps up a high percentage in a short period of time, you damn well know it will fall/retrace

pros/cons to importing:
    -cheaper
    -unique RHD
    -cant inspect the car (although most "inspector notes" with the auctions seem to be very detailed though indicating any dents/scratches/mods/etc)
    -usually no service records

pros/cons of buying in the US:
    -can look at the car/test drive
    -better chance of getting records
    -easier to get a loan/financing (I can pay cash but want to finance half of it)
    -more expensive, possibly inflated/bubble price at the moment?
    -not as unique

I wont be driving the car until spring anyway so I have time to really think about it, research auctions and prices and everything.

What is your opinion of the recent price increase in NSXs?
    I actually didn't buy mine off Prime, mine was a local private sale. There are benefits and downfalls to dealing with Prime. On the benefit side, most members have been in the community for some time and have built a reputation. On the downside, you will more than not; pay top dollar for an NSX bought off Prime because most members there will make a buck if they can. However, you are generally buying a higher quality of car. I got a deal on mine at 97k miles, but again; private sale.

Spring is a rough time to buy a sportscar, moreso with a premium sportscar due to demand. I did buy my car in July, but it was a fight getting it. Honestly, I don't think the prices will fall. They are beginning to stabilize, but I don't think they will go down. The NSX has had somewhat of a revival, like the old air cooled Porsches. I truly don't see prices going down, which is great for sellers looking to make a dime, terrible for buyers; and great for owners.
    NPC Physique/Classic Physique

United States Marine Corps [Sep. '01 - Mar. '13]

I am the master of my fate, the captain of my soul.

Instagram: charles_uncaged

Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100) Davidjozeph is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs down for learning experience.

Ive been seriously looking into buying a 1991-1994 Acura NSX lately. Ive wanted one for 15 years now and im doing pretty well financially. I was planning on spending around $35,000 on a clean one with around 90-100k miles

I figured if im spending that kind of money, I might as well go all out and spend a bit more and get a Right hand drive Honda NSX from japan

Anyway, ive been emailing an importer, theyre quoting me around $45,000 USD out the door for that kind of mileage/year. Seems like a reputable company (JDM Expo out of albany, NY) they wont buy cars that had major accidents, etc

Questions:
    1.Great car market and hoping to buy 'exemplary' NSX! Regardless of whether your vehicle is in mint condition, or in a carport the most recent 20 years, we will purchase today in the event that it accommodates our assortment.

2.The present introduction is on How to Set Up an Import Export Company in the U.S., so in the event that you need a bit of the $4.9 trillion of exchange the U.S does every year, you're in the perfect spot.John is joined online today by YYichen Ma from our Marketing Team.

3.Most vehicles need to pass a vehicle assessment before being enrolled. A Temporary Insurance Card (TIC) or enrollment grant might be bought from your engine permit guarantor so you can have protection set up preceding the vehicle being enlisted.
    Last edited by Davidjozeph; 12-18-2019 at 10:43 PM. Reason: for correction

Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    You're paying $10k for 50% more inconvenience. Just buy a USDM model

Seriously, driving a RHD car in a LHD country when there's an LHD option already available is the dumbest chit I've ever seen. Everything is 10x harder
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.

Originally Posted by Jax05 View Post
    You're paying $10k for 50% more inconvenience. Just buy a USDM model

Seriously, driving a RHD car in a LHD country when there's an LHD option already available is the dumbest chit I've ever seen. Everything is 10x harder
    Not sure how this 3+ year old thread was bumped but dont worry, I actually purchased a USDM NSX a few months after I posted this. And Still have it

Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tamorlane has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not sure how this 3+ year old thread was bumped but dont worry, I actually purchased a USDM NSX a few months after I posted this. And Still have it

Reddicker is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Questions:
    1. Not certain

2. These folks have a decent rep yet not secure.

3. Customs, Speck, and EPA over any state stuff. A decent merchant is going to manage you through the procedure all the way.
    I've never observed more imported vehicles in America than right now. Shrubs, Horizons, Autozams flourish. I'm certain that a considerable lot of you all who imported a vehicle are in any event, understanding this, at the present time. What I need to know is the means by which everything went for you.

Reddicker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I've never observed more imported autos in America than right now. Shrubs, Horizons, Autozams proliferate. I'm certain that a large number of you all who imported a vehicle are in any event, understanding this, at the present time. What I need to know is the manner by which everything went for you.

We're in a sweet spot for bringing in autos here in America, as the notorious multi Year Rule is agreeing with the pinnacle of the Japanese.

Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Jax05 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

guess I never saw your update to this, but that's a nice looking NSX. congrats
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.

AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AK5426 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Hnggg how much did you ending spending on one? Hasn't the prices on those things gone up the past 3 years?

Originally Posted by AK5426 View Post
    Hnggg how much did you ending spending on one? Hasn't the prices on those things gone up the past 3 years?
    $50,000

Yes, prices suddenly shot up right as I was seriously looking into one/right before I purchased...

had 48,000 miles when i bought it. I put a whole 2200 miles on it in the past 4 years lol

iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) iwant2beswole has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    $50,000

Yes, prices suddenly shot up right as I was seriously looking into one/right before I purchased...

had 48,000 miles when i bought it. I put a whole 2200 miles on it in the past 4 years lol

cot damn

there's one pretty much just like yours that sold on BaT recently for 51k. think prices have stabilized? I do want to own a bb nsx eventually and have it next to my gpw s2000

Originally Posted by iwant2beswole View Post
    cot damn

there's one pretty much just like yours that sold on BaT recently for 51k. think prices have stabilized? I do want to own a bb nsx eventually and have it next to my gpw s2000
    They definitely seemed to have stabilized, maybe even going down a bit recently it seems. Probably best to buy them in fall/early winter. Im sure prices will go up a bit in the near near future due to warm weather coming = tax returns