MBes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Don't know, if I have a chance to build muscle and be fit again

Hello everybody!

Let me introduce myself - I'm 23 male, currently doing my Master's in Math and working in a research center in our university. The problem is, apparently, that this combination is incredibly stressful and the job is sedentary, so, during last 3 years I had literally no holiday (I work/study usually even during Christmas and every weekend) and I've lost most of my muscles and became skinny always-tired guy with zero self-confidence.

I've not been always like that, during high school I was hitting the gym 4 times a week together with judo and kick-box. Unfortunately, in the uni I had no time for this and so my condition has worsened with every day since.

The worst thing is, I'm completely disgusted by myself now. Since I was a child I've always dreamed about body-building competitions, but I've never managed to get into one and now it's incredibly far away. I'm ashamed to go to swimming-pool, because I feel like a cripple when I'm without clothes. I'm feeling like that even before my girlfriend, who remembers me from my "better times".

I've even tried to get back by myself and started going to the gym again, sometimes with a trainer, but after a month or so I made almost zero progress and the biggest results is, that I see, how incredibly weak I've become. Not needed to say, I'm always one of the smallest guys in the gym today.

So, long story short... I'd love to get back, become more muscular (always dreamed about being 220lbs+, but I can see now, that it's not real for me) and stronger. But I'm not sure, if it's even possible today for me, I feel like I've simply destroyed my body too much.

Current photos are attached, and I have 5'10" and cca 162lbs. In the past I used to be about 185lbs.

What do you think about all this? I'll really appreciate any honest answers.

Thank you very much.

P.s.: I'm sorry for my question to be a little depressive and for my bad English - I'm not a native speaker.
    Attached Images

K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50) K3RBY will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes you definitely have a chance! If you want to see results you also have to put the time in to have proper nutrition, going to the gym is only part of it.

Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50) Budaan will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If this is your base, than definately you have a great chance to get to your goal (Even of competing).
    I would suggest you to stop dreaming about being 220+, and start working towards your dream!

Since you have experience with working out, you should have muscle memory.
    Sitting sedentary is a great recipe for becoming tired all the ****ing time (I have experience),
    so your overall fitness level should greatly increase in no time (if you start working out).

Honestly, a friend of mine who is a ICT guy at the police force. Used to be with me in high school.
    I saw him after 6 years again in the gym. He was surprised to see me like i am now. He didnt even
    believe it because i used to be sedentary and obese.

His reason for joining was that he became sedentary too most of the time at his job and felt very ****ty because of it.
    For him the four times per week, weight lifting routine i gave him, gave him more energy for work and quickly became a passion for him.
    Too be honest i see him more enthusiastic every week. This weightlifting is a great way to release endorphins and they feel
    great.

The only tips i can give you, is to pick a schedule, do it, do not edit it and keep consistent in both diet and training.
    For a beginners schedule you should pick: Deadlifts, Squats, Bench presses and Clean and Presses for the base.
    Each day devoted to one of these excersizes. You can split the routine into body parts and train almost every day, you can do the upper half and the lower half of the body two times per week, training for 4 times per week, or you can do your entire body in one routine three days a week.

I chose the upper/lower schedule and gave it to a friend too. We both made great improvements on it. Both in strength and size. You can increase sets and tweak the thing till you get it fitted into your life and your schedule. It is a very basic exercise program consisting of the four lifts and should take no time to complete. It could be used to improve strength, promote hyperthrophy and if you reduce resting (Shortening the program even further) you would burn fat too!

Diet is eat big or go home to get 220+. There is no way around it. You need to eat massive amounts of animals, vegetables, shakes, nuts and eggs in order to get to 220+. Chances are you get fat if you don't lift heavy enough. I suggest to take it slow and slowly get to 220+. And i to ospeak of experience because i was obsessed with gaining weight. It is better to slowly become it, then quickly getting there. This is advice i followed from mike mentzer.

And of course, it will take several years of dedicated lifting, dedicated eating and dedicated sleeping, for everyone.

My routine for upper lower.

Monday (National chest day)
    Lower 1
    Deadlift* 3-5x5
    Squat 3-5x10
    Leg extensions or Leg Presses 3-5x15-21
    Calf raises 3-5x10

Tuesday
    Upper 1
    Bench press* 3-5x5
    Chin ups 3-5x10
    Shoulder Presses 3-5x10
    Any superset for arms (Closegrip bench press and Concentration Curls) 3-5x10-21

Thursday
    Lower 2
    Squat* 3-5x5
    Deadlift 3-5x10
    Leg extensions or Leg Presses 3-5x15-21
    Calf raises 3-5x10

Friday
    Upper 2
    Clean and Press 3-5x3
    Behind the neck push press: 3-5x3
    Incline bench press: 3-5x8(+)
    Bent over Barbell Rows: 3-5x8(+)
    Any superset for arms: 2x failure.

MBes has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Many thank to both of you for your encouragement! I'm sorry for my late response, but I'm struggling with finishing uni last several months, so I was not able to respond earlier.

I'm now in even worse shape, about 6lbs lighter then before, and without any self-confidence at all. I would prefer even being a little fat, than feeling like a little scrawny wimp...

So, in 2 weeks I have my finals and then I'll have more time (regardless of result), so I'll post my first steps.

Once again, thank you very much!

mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mrbiceps21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MBes View Post
    Many thank to both of you for your encouragement! I'm sorry for my late response, but I'm struggling with finishing uni last several months, so I was not able to respond earlier.

I'm now in even worse shape, about 6lbs lighter then before, and without any self-confidence at all. I would prefer even being a little fat, than feeling like a little scrawny wimp...

So, in 2 weeks I have my finals and then I'll have more time (regardless of result), so I'll post my first steps.

Once again, thank you very much!
    Just make sure to eat enough. Remember if your training is solid but you aren't seeing progress after a month or so then you are not eating enough. Try counting your macros using myfitnesspal to make sure you get everything in every day.