thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thadderbox has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Overloading my central nervous system & anxiety?

After today's workout, I felt weird, not like a dying kind of weird, but just, weird... I had about 16oz of coffee before my workout, a few dark chocolate almonds and then squatted. I did 3x3 of 245 and then 250x2, then 255x1 -- I also deadlifted up to about 275 and I felt taxed.

My heart rate seemed to be somewhat higher about 1.5 hours after my workout and it's on the decline right now, but I feel rather... weird still, not like a spaced out feeling, but some slight anxiety. I'm wondering if might have overloaded my central nervous system from squatting? I tend to squat 3x a week and am working on a program where I'm doing percentages of my 1RM, this week it's about 90%, so I've belted up and have been doing 3x3's.

I have somewhat of a decent diet, get a good amount of sleep and watch my caffeine intake (generally just 16oz of coffee and that's it) -- a little sugar here and there, but just curious if I might be overtraining or my body is adapting to this current program in a weird way.

hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10) hithere123 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by thadderbox View Post
    After today's workout, I felt weird, not like a dying kind of weird, but just, weird... I had about 16oz of coffee before my workout, a few dark chocolate almonds and then squatted. I did 3x3 of 245 and then 250x2, then 255x1 -- I also deadlifted up to about 275 and I felt taxed.

My heart rate seemed to be somewhat higher about 1.5 hours after my workout and it's on the decline right now, but I feel rather... weird still, not like a spaced out feeling, but some slight anxiety. I'm wondering if might have overloaded my central nervous system from squatting? I tend to squat 3x a week and am working on a program where I'm doing percentages of my 1RM, this week it's about 90%, so I've belted up and have been doing 3x3's.

I have somewhat of a decent diet, get a good amount of sleep and watch my caffeine intake (generally just 16oz of coffee and that's it) -- a little sugar here and there, but just curious if I might be overtraining or my body is adapting to this current program in a weird way.
    Monitor its occurrence. If it does or doesn't occur again, note down what you did differently before and during your workout. Make changes accordingly. Above all else, a doctor would be your best option.

Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Saintsqc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Overloading your CNS with 3 sets of squat ? lol, no, dont worry

Hithere has a really good point, though.
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆

OW log :
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149575693&p=977696913#post977696913

Competition lift : 212 kg total (95/117) @ 77 kg

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

is that all the food you ate that day before a workout?
    Basically no calories before heavy squats and deadlifts sounds brutal.
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Blaqksmith has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by hithere123 View Post
    Monitor its occurrence. If it does or doesn't occur again, note down what you did differently before and during your workout. Make changes accordingly. Above all else, a doctor would be your best option.
    amazing advise, forever the right answer on this type of question

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your CNS was overloaded you would be dead.

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ^ lmao
    Probably too much caffeine.

artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) artvandelay02 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I have anxiety and panic disorder so I thought I would give my two cents. What you are experiencing is your amygdala (fight or flight) reacting to your surroundings. I would guess that you are pretty hyper-aware of your body (I am too) and you can notice when your heart rate is higher, breathing is heavy, or other physical symptoms. When you become anxious (whether it's temporary or if you have generalized anxiety, for example), your brain can make you believe that you are in danger when you experience physical feelings that one might have when in danger. As an example, if you were attacked by a bear, your fight or flight would be going insane with a high heart rate, heavy breathing through the chest, tensing of muscles, numb extremities, upset stomach from decreased digestion rates.

Ironically, these are the same symptoms of anxiety and panic attacks. When you let your thoughts start getting the best of you, you allow your surroundings to "justify" the fear response in order to explain it. The thing you need to understand is that you can have a fear response without actually being in danger.

So in short, you have convinced your brain that whenever you have a high heart rate, you are in danger. Which logically, is obviously false. Trust me, this is your thoughts getting the best of you, and I would reccomend seeing a therapist even just one time; they can explain how your reactions to your thoughts control how you feel. Another thing I would do is start practicing deep diaphragmatic breathing, it will relax the hell out of you and help calm your over-reactive physical self.

Next time you lift, just try and be aware of how you react to your thoughts. If you start having those negative thoughts of squats being detrimental to your health, rate how much anxiety you have, and then consider an alternative thought that goes something like "I'm squatting right now and working hard so it makes sense my heart rate is high", and then notice if your anxiety goes down.

TL;DR it's all in your head and the caffiene certainly won't help
    Deadlift: 575x1
    Squat: 425x1
    Bench: 260x1

182 lbs.

"There is no reason to be alive if you can't do deadlift." - Jon Pall Sigmarsson

Go Seahawks!!