Page 3 of 100 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast
    Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Nice work! That's a had session. Got your numbers do you should be on track. I agree with your comments above about the possibility of need to repeat a cycle. I'm sure you will be pushing hard on get your numbers but if you do have a hiccup and need to repeat a cycle or not advance one of the lifts on another cycle it won't matter IMO. As long as you are working hard in the strength building rep ranges you will make progress. Party sounds fun, I'll bet the lake was cold. Lake Superior never really warms up much it seems. I went dirt bike riding up in the upper peninsula of Michigan on the lake about 5 years ago about this time of year and the lake was COLD. Good all you can eat whitefish dinners fresh caught though in the little fishing town where we stayed.

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Morning weight: 182.8

Warmup:
    -broomstick GM narrow/wide and twists
    -calf/Achilles stretch
    -leg swings front/back and in front of body
    -BSS BW x 10

Squats:
    Bar x 6 paused
    135 x 6
    225 x 3
    275 x 1

Program sets:
    305 x 6 vid
    305 x 6
    305 x 6 vid
    305 x 6 vid

Deads:
    135 x 1
    225 x 1
    315 x 1

Program sets:
    420 x 6 vid
    420 x 6 (barely locked out 6th)

Accessories:
    Deep explosive squat jumps

Alternate forward DB lunges 45lb each hand

Dun:

Notes: not going to lie, it was tough, happy I survived
    Off to spend the day on Lake Superior at my sister's house-nieces bday!

Glad you survived that one Shawn!

That reads like a killer session. I see they have the videos fixed where you can see them on the computer again.

I will go back and watch sometime today. Just wanted to say how awesome of a session that was. Moving the big weights in here!

Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Hammerhagen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    great job on that session Shawn. Your squats are looking good, good speed, depth and confidence on the lift. Deads looking fluid as well. Nice job on some super heavy lifting!
    ☻/
    /▌ Sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)
    / \

10/22/16 Meet: 350/220/505 1075lb total
    04/29/17 Meet: 390/240/535 1165lb total
    11/04/17 Meet: 424/254/551 1229lb total

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

JC wk1/upper1

Morning weight: 183

Bench:
    Bar x 15
    145 x 10
    195 x 10
    220 x 8
    225 x 6

Seated narrow cable row(plate loaded)
    140 x 10
    140 x 10
    160 x 8
    170 x 6

Arnold Press:
    45 x 12
    45 x 12
    50 x 10
    50 x 8

Wide lat pulldowns:
    120 x 12
    120 x 12
    130 x 10
    130 x 8

Seated (both arms at same time) DB curl 30lbs:

DB side laterals 25lb:

25min sauna, icy cold shower

Dun:

Notes: felt decent, very last rep on 225 slowed down today but the rest was good. Lots of volume in this workout, how soon I forget lol. Trying to correct my bad habit of not locking out on my bench reps when doing high reps….I am sure that has been at least partially responsible for lockout weakness

Day off tomorrow, mobility and claves maybe.
    Last edited by raynerd; 08-22-2016 at 10:50 AM.
    ☻/
    / \

raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) raynerd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Nice work! That's a had session. Got your numbers do you should be on track. I agree with your comments above about the possibility of need to repeat a cycle. I'm sure you will be pushing hard on get your numbers but if you do have a hiccup and need to repeat a cycle or not advance one of the lifts on another cycle it won't matter IMO. As long as you are working hard in the strength building rep ranges you will make progress. Party sounds fun, I'll bet the lake was cold. Lake Superior never really warms up much it seems. I went dirt bike riding up in the upper peninsula of Michigan on the lake about 5 years ago about this time of year and the lake was COLD. Good all you can eat whitefish dinners fresh caught though in the little fishing town where we stayed.
    Thanks Tim, pretty beat up today, that's for sure. Ya at this point if I have to repeat something or all it's fine. I did that my first 2 cycles and came out much stronger. 5 weeks is a short period of time for constant progress, especially at this stage of the game…older..a few years into training etc. Superior is on cold lake, we didn't swim but my sister has a beautiful house on the lake overlooking the Sleeping Giant. The whitefish dinners sound minty!

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Glad you survived that one Shawn!

That reads like a killer session. I see they have the videos fixed where you can see them on the computer again.

I will go back and watch sometime today. Just wanted to say how awesome of a session that was. Moving the big weights in here!
    Thanks Shane, it was tough, but doable so I am happy with the start. I got myself pretty worried looking ahead at the program. Faak dat chit, one day at a time!

Originally Posted by Hammerhagen View Post
    great job on that session Shawn. Your squats are looking good, good speed, depth and confidence on the lift. Deads looking fluid as well. Nice job on some super heavy lifting!
    Thanks for the props Andrew! Especially the comment about confidence. That makes me feel good! I am a sore mofo today though
    ☻/
    / \

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice bp session today man. 225 x 6 is strong work. A LOT of reps to follow. Nice session, bet the sauna felt good after that one.

Tell me more about these "desserts" you speak of.

Enjoy the calf/rest day tomorrow.
    "Never Give Up. Great Things Take Time."
    - Frank Zane

IG: the_macro_mechanic

MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Great last 2 work outs Shawn... especially the squat/deadz day... I am always amazed at the weight you move vs. your BW... so fekking strong man, like crazy strong. You always put in the work, no slack in your game... hence all that power!

FWTW... my POV lock out didn't seem like a prob on the last rep.

Money line says you will destroy calves tomorrow... your're addicted to that masochism
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO
    -------------CREW---------------

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mirroroferised has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I need to do the same and not lockout either. It's so easy to lose tightness on bench with the higher reps. I always get killed on that!

Great seeing you rolling through week 1. Only 3 more sessions to emom week. Countdown is on!!
    365 255 480 in April! ...2019
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ sm2sm crew (---Squat Moar to Squat Moar---)

No no, for the record I am saying that I need to lockout every single rep, I have a bad habit of only benching partial reps super fast when doing higher reps.
    I think that is killing me when it comes to my bench strength at lockout!
    ☻/
    / \

PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000) PtReyesGreg is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice workout today Shawn. Looks like you had some good volume and weight moved on the Bench. Good job there. I'm jealous of the sauna.

I'm also jealous of those side laterals. 3x10 @ 25 on those is very strong.

It sounds like you've got some ideas about what to do with your bench lockout.

One thing I thought I'd share with both you and Dave, is that I'm definitely going to practice more this go-round doing paused reps (both at the bottom and at the top) on my heavier bench sets. Having to pause at the top, at the bottom, and then at the top again was definitely more challenging than I anticipated. I think the pause at the top once your locked out (when waiting for the rack command) was just about as tough for me as the pause at the bottom. I tend to get going too fast on my work set reps and I definitely paid the price with a lower-than-expected bench.
    Last edited by PtReyesGreg; 08-22-2016 at 05:25 PM.
    If in doubt, squat and run hills. So you walk into the gym and don't know what to do? Then squat and run hills. Have a miserable day at work and want to break someone's neck but aren't sure who's? Then squat and run hills. - Wendler

ISSA Certified Personal Trainer
    My Blog: https://slavinstrength.wordpress.com/
    IG: @greg_slavin

SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SteveWright1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Solid Bench session Shawn 2 pps for a nice half dozen a fine way to finish that 1st part

I suppose not fully locking out would have given you more TUT as compensation for the lack of full lockout so any high rep sets you did without locking out each rep was still a good investment muscle building wise
    ☻/
    / \

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post
    Nice workout today Shawn. Looks like you had some good volume and weight moved on the Bench. Good job there. I'm jealous of the sauna.

One thing I thought I'd share with both you and Dave, is that I'm definitely going to practice more this go-round doing paused reps (both at the bottom and at the top) on my heavier bench sets. Having to pause at the top, at the bottom, and then at the top again was definitely more challenging than I anticipated. I think the pause at the top once your locked out (when waiting for the rack command) was just about as tough for me as the pause at the bottom. I tend to get going too fast on my work set reps and I definitely paid the price with a lower-than-expected bench.
    Yes- Id practice those for sure. You don't need a ton of work on any thing in one session either. Pause some sets/reps warming up. Add in an extra heavy set at the end ect.

I do think locking out each rep is important as long as you can stay tight doing it. I also think not locking out sets has its place too. Again, warm-ups are a good place for those.

The Slinghsot will help with your lockouts. That usually indicates a tri weakness or fatigue if that's your issue. Also, more reps (like are in JC) will help. Don't be afraid to drop down and do a 20 rep set once a week too. Make the program yours while staying within the frame work.
    ☻/
    /▌
    / \ Don't care what you do crew.

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by DocJekyll View Post
    Nice bp session today man. 225 x 6 is strong work. A LOT of reps to follow. Nice session, bet the sauna felt good after that one.

Tell me more about these "desserts" you speak of.

Enjoy the calf/rest day tomorrow.
    Thanks Doc, those top sets of bench are so much harder when I am doing more than triples building up lol. Sauna felt good on my battered bones. So…started out with ice-cream cake…then rolled into a nice homemade carrot cake…and for dessert…smashed a big slice of lemon merang ?sp pie!

Originally Posted by MooseTequila View Post
    Great last 2 work outs Shawn... especially the squat/deadz day... I am always amazed at the weight you move vs. your BW... so fekking strong man, like crazy strong. You always put in the work, no slack in your game... hence all that power!

FWTW... my POV lock out didn't seem like a prob on the last rep.

Money line says you will destroy calves tomorrow... your're addicted to that masochism
    Thanks Mooseman, hope to up that strength big time in the next few months, hope I can stay healthy and keep pushing hard! I was just noticing on my bench that when I do reps I try to hit them super fast and don't lock out on many of them. Considering my weakness is lockout, I just need to concentrate on that. Yes, yes I do believe there will be some calf destruction going down tomorrow…

Originally Posted by mirroroferised View Post
    I need to do the same and not lockout either. It's so easy to lose tightness on bench with the higher reps. I always get killed on that!

Great seeing you rolling through week 1. Only 3 more sessions to emom week. Countdown is on!!
    I agree that you can lose tightness, but I have a bad habit of almost half repping a lot of the time and that's not gonna make me stronger on lockout. I will be hitting the SS once a week though and that will definitely help. Yep…3 more sessions until hell week lol, I planned this week out so I have an extra day off before my first EMOM…nothing like delaying the inevitable!

Originally Posted by PtReyesGreg View Post

Thanks for the tips Greg, I am definitely going to need to practice benching with commands. There is no doubt strength will be zapped just holding the bar..then pausing…then holding lockout. I am very fast on all my bench work as well, so it's gonna be a big reality check!

Originally Posted by SteveWright1 View Post
    Solid Bench session Shawn 2 pps for a nice half dozen a fine way to finish that 1st part

I suppose not fully locking out would have given you more TUT as compensation for the lack of full lockout so any high rep sets you did without locking out each rep was still a good investment muscle building wise
    Thanks Steve, felt pretty good today. Yes I am sure TUT is increased without the lockout, but I feel I have been cheating my reps somewhat and I do need work on my lockout strength. Flaring the elbows right at the top of the movement that last couple inches is what I need to practice.

Originally Posted by Jtbny View Post
    Yes- Id practice those for sure. You don't need a ton of work on any thing in one session either. Pause some sets/reps warming up. Add in an extra heavy set at the end ect.

I do think locking out each rep is important as long as you can stay tight doing it. I also think not locking out sets has its place too. Again, warm-ups are a good place for those.

The Slinghsot will help with your lockouts. That usually indicates a tri weakness or fatigue if that's your issue. Also, more reps (like are in JC) will help. Don't be afraid to drop down and do a 20 rep set once a week too. Make the program yours while staying within the frame work.
    Thanks for the tips, I can stay somewhat tight locking out, I have just been cutting the middle reps quite short of lockout. My weak spot is the last 5 inches or so, and figure if I am only hitting that range 50% of the time…there is a problem. I plan to SS one session a week with JC and will add in a 20 rapper that day as well. This week will be my final MR workout. I am also going to sub in inclines for OHP every second workout or so.
    I am going a bit softer on my accessory exercises this cycle as well, doing lat pulldowns instead of pull-ups, seated cable rows as opposed to BB rows. I will alternate them in, I just want this shoulder thing I got going on to mellow out a bit.
    ☻/
    / \

Bloody but unbowed fittofattofit's Avatar
    fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fittofattofit has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Damn .... I've been away so long that I've only made it to page 3
    Great start to the programme with squatting 305 for 24 reps and deadlifting 420 for 12 reps and still looking ripped! Rep form on squats looked really good and easy for you now
    You are in an awesome place to start your PL journey: lean so you can afford to eat and with a good solid volume base to your training and some really strong lifts to build on
    "Better to wear out than rust out!"

Squat 165kg/363lbs
    Deadlift 190kg/418lbs

shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shaneinga has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice benching Shawn. 225 for 6 is still moving some good weights around. Arnolds were really strong at 50 pounds for 10 reps.

Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Jtbny has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Ya don't blame you on the accessory stuff right now. Take it light with those until you feel better. The effort on the main lifts are important. Plus these first 2 weeks ( 3rd kinda too) are chock full of volume on the main stuff plus the bonus Shawn stuff tossed in.

I'm guessing this cycle has rep PRs for you throughout right?

Get a loose idea of what you'd like to hit in April. That way you can keep an eye on the program numbers to make sure your on track- kinda like working backwards. For me its a 600lb squat in wraps if I wrap. Ill gear all my work towards that and as we get closer Ill know I need to be hitting the mid 500s squats before the meet in order to make it happen. Might mean getting more a tad more aggressive as we get closer but having that target help with the planning. (you too Dave)

April- 1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time.
    ☻/
    /▌

Former natty ☠ 101- lift heavy things consistently over time as often as you can recover from.

Originally Posted by fittofattofit View Post
    Damn .... I've been away so long that I've only made it to page 3
    Great start to the programme with squatting 305 for 24 reps and deadlifting 420 for 12 reps and still looking ripped! Rep form on squats looked really good and easy for you now
    You are in an awesome place to start your PL journey: lean so you can afford to eat and with a good solid volume base to your training and some really strong lifts to build on
    Glad you found me Andrew! It was a good start to the program, this whole cycle is a doozy for me so will just play it 1 workout at a time. I have some big ambitions for the next 7 months so hopefully things will stay the course and I will stay healthy. I have a ton of room on the scale if I am going to compete in the 198 class so that's one less thing to worry about.

Originally Posted by shaneinga View Post
    Nice benching Shawn. 225 for 6 is still moving some good weights around. Arnolds were really strong at 50 pounds for 10 reps.
    Thanks Shane, it would be cool to make some bench progress this cycle, but time will tell. Like I said before, if I have to, I will try to make up the extra lbs on squats

Ya don't blame you on the accessory stuff right now. Take it light with those until you feel better. The effort on the main lifts are important. Plus these first 2 weeks ( 3rd kinda too) are chock full of volume on the main stuff plus the bonus Shawn stuff tossed in.

I'm guessing this cycle has rep PRs for you throughout right?

Get a loose idea of what you'd like to hit in April. That way you can keep an eye on the program numbers to make sure your on track- kinda like working backwards. For me its a 600lb squat in wraps if I wrap. Ill gear all my work towards that and as we get closer Ill know I need to be hitting the mid 500s squats before the meet in order to make it happen. Might mean getting more a tad more aggressive as we get closer but having that target help with the planning. (you too Dave)

April- 1 set, 1 rep, 1 pound at a time.
    Thanks John, going to play the accessories by ear, hitting heavy BB rows and weighted pull-ups 3 times a week right now are not going to play nice with my shoulder. Bench feels ok so I can add some extra work there, but don't feel I am going to die or anything dogging the accessory work a bit.
    Yes, this cycle has rep PR's allover da f/n place. They start on Monday already if I hit 305x10…which I will
    Honestly it is hard for me to visualize what I want to hit weight-wise on the platform right now. Squats…I want 405…but, I think I am underselling myself using that as a goal. I have full intention of hitting that before Christmas. Then there is knee wraps…I know I am going to be able to hit bigger weights with them…how much? I have no clue.
    Bench is pretty clear cut…300 on the platform paused is a good goal there, but may be a stretch.
    Deads…I really dunno, I am running the program with my calculated 1RM from my last cycle of 525lbs. I think week 5 this run I will be trying to rep 510 So, even if I get 2 reps here, that is a PR but will probably have me running the same weight again for the next cycle.
    I guess it's a bit early for me to comprehend and hopefully I get a better feel for it after this cycle.
    What are your thoughts on my plan to run 3 cycles back to back then do a mock meet? Wanted to pick your brain on that. I wanted to do it to work on the cues, see where I am at, and to test knee wraps and possibly lifting in a singlet.
    I guess the negatives will be lost time training for one, and I am not sure if the benefits outweigh the positives?
    ☻/
    / \

The number goal is a way to keep focused on what you are doing and be able to get aggressive if you fall behind. Just give it some thought. Always smart to work backwards.

I don't see an issue with your plan. Make sure to get wrapped work in each cycle too. No clue what you'll get out of wraps. I know I don't get that much. You can do a mock meet after the second run, use those numbers for your third cycle. Won't lose too much time and you'll be using real numbers for the third cycle.
    ☻/
    /▌

wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) wasmeFINAFLEX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Nice bench work Shawn. Solid follow ups as well.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171245071&pagenumber=

The number goal is a way to keep focused on what you are doing and be able to get aggressive if you fall behind. Just give it some thought. Always smart to work backwards.

I don't see an issue with your plan. Make sure to get wrapped work in each cycle too. No clue what you'll get out of wraps. I know I don't get that much. You can do a mock meet after the second run, use those numbers for your third cycle. Won't lose too much time and you'll be using real numbers for the third cycle.
    Ok that sounds good. After 2 I will do a mock meet. This should help me establish some goals number wise. I will put some wrap work in week 3 and or 4. I honestly am so gassed after the sessions in the first 2 weeks I want nothing to do with MOAR
    ☻/
    / \

Originally Posted by wasmeFINAFLEX View Post
    Nice bench work Shawn. Solid follow ups as well.
    Thanks Simon, just trying to learn and absorb as much as I can. It's been a fun journey so far and really excited about the upcoming months!
    ☻/
    / \

DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000) DocJekyll is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by raynerd View Post
    Thanks Simon, just trying to learn and absorb as much as I can. It's been a fun journey so far and really excited about the upcoming months!
    I am enjoying watching the planning, strategy and execution. You will show well.
    - Frank Zane

Offday mobilty/calves

Morning Weight: 182

Mobilty...cause mobile is not what I have been feeling the last 2 days!!

-back and shoulder stretches using the rack
    -standing quad/ITB stretches x 2
    -broomstick paused GM narrow/wide then 60 trunk twists
    -lumpy roller hams, glutes, lateral quad/ITB, adductors
    -lying piriformis stretches
    -leg swings front to back x 20
    -leg swings in front of body x 20
    -baby makers held for 30 seconds x 3, each set working stance wider
    -hip rotations

Calves:

BW block raises x 100

Seated calf machine 120lbs:
    20/20/20/20/20/20

1 leg BW donkey calf raises:
    20/20/20/20/20/20

Blood flow restriction BW block raises, 10 sec rest
    10 -holy faaaak these hurt today!!

Tibialis Anterior with 45lb bumper on top of foot, toe raise from floor:
    18/12/10/9/8

Dun:

Notes: still very tight and sore from JC day 1, much needed mobility session. Still have 2 days before I squat and deadlift again so I will be good. Calves were demolished.
    On a side note: I went to the dentist last week and she was commenting on me having some weird wear going on in my teeth. Also, while back I took a small chip out of one of my teeth squatting. Anyway was reading Dru's thread and people were talking about wearing a mouth guard for things like squats. I think I am faaking my teeth up lifting heavy, so went to Canadian tire and picked up a mouth guard to wear when I squat
    Chicks dig blue mouth guards!
    ☻/
    / \

MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MooseTequila is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Canadian Tire for a mouth piece? Damn... big mouth ya have Shawn Hope ya did get one with snow spikes

BTW... I knew ya couldn't stay away from your calves
    Maayo ang adlaw karun

CAR ▂▃▅▆▇▇▆▅▃▂ DIO
    -------------CREW---------------

____ 💀 I+L 💀 ____
    Team Five-ONE-Five

Too funny I bought a mouth guard today too.
    ☻/
    /▌

I am enjoying watching the planning, strategy and execution. You will show well.
    Thanks Doc, it's been fun training towards a specific goal as opposed to just training.

Originally Posted by MooseTequila View Post
    Canadian Tire for a mouth piece? Damn... big mouth ya have Shawn Hope ya did get one with snow spikes

BTW... I knew ya couldn't stay away from your calves
    Mooseman, Canadian Tire is like Canada's ultimate DOOD store! It's the type of store that if you don't know what to buy your brother for his bday….you buy him a CT gift card. I get excited just entering the doors lol. From tools to fishing rods…to hockey equipment…it's got it all!
    Yup, my calves get no mercy….ever, them lil bastards will be punished as long as I am on the right side of the grass

Too funny I bought a mouth guard today too.
    You too? Haha, it was just timed perfect for me, a couple months ago, I took a very small chip out of my bottom tooth grinding a squat…then the dentist asked me if I have been grinding my teeth at night last week, as I was getting some really weird wear all of a sudden. Then came Dru's thread, now apparently squatting is a contact sport
    ☻/
    / \

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Price just dropped on this singlet. Not sure if you are going to buy an actual "PL" singlet they can be $$ in comparison. These apparently meet the requirements to compete. I had it in my cart just in case I decide to do the meet here in December.

I'll probably go with this one though
    https://www.amazon.com/YiZYiF-Jockst...VRK6V3TQ6QRD1M

Nice benching. Agree with reducing or dropping altogether the accessories that are not going to help move the big 3. They are just another recovery debt if you are solely focused on building the big 3. Obviously some accessories that help build the mains will be in no matter what..

JCwk1/upper2

Morning weight: 183

-some mobilty stuff

Bench:
    Bar x 20
    145 x 10
    195 x 10
    220 x 8
    225 x 6 vid

Seated cable row (plate load)
    140 x 10
    150 x 10
    170 x 8
    180 x 6

Incline BB press:
    135 x 12
    140 x 12
    150 x 10
    160 x 8

Wide lat pulldown (plate load)
    120 x 12
    130 x 12
    140 x 10
    140 x 8

EZ bar curls 65lb SS with side laterals 25lbs
    12/12
    12/12
    12/12

Dun:

Notes: felt decent today. Took advantage of wifey for a liftoff today as she was doing her JC session at the same time. Threw inclines in, they felt really good, but stayed light feeling out the weights with the high reps.
    Lower tomorrow, bunch of 8's at 70%, the calm before the EMOM chitstorm!!

☻/
    / \

It looked decent too! You got some reps in today. Nice session and dig'n the board shorts too.

When does EMOM commence?
    - Frank Zane

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Price just dropped on this singlet. Not sure if you are going to buy an actual "PL" singlet they can be $$ in comparison. These apparently meet the requirements to compete. I had it in my cart just in case I decide to do the meet here in December.

I'll probably go with this one though
    https://www.amazon.com/YiZYiF-Jockst...VRK6V3TQ6QRD1M

Nice benching. Agree with reducing or dropping altogether the accessories that are not going to help move the big 3. They are just another recovery debt if you are solely focused on building the big 3. Obviously some accessories that help build the mains will be in no matter what..
    Thanks for the link Tim, haven't really started looking at what I am going to get yet but that looks pretty decent. Either way I am going to feel like a tool wearing one Good thing every single person competing will have to wear one. The second one is nice….I think once I get my big gut going…nice and white after a long winter
    I haven't reduced any accessories, just chose ones that are slightly easier on the shoulder for now. Cable work vs BB work mostly, the first couple weeks are hypertrophy and volume based anyway so don't think it's going to destroy my gains or anything. I just want to do a bit of preventative maintenance on the this shoulder, last thing I need is an injury setback. Thanks again for the link!

It looked decent too! You got some reps in today. Nice session and dig'n the board shorts too.

When does EMOM commence?
    Thanks Doc, reps are a real good thing for me, I tend to go too heavy and too low reps all of the time, and think it's actually detrimental to my strength base. The program ramps up heavy fast anyway so I will enjoy them while they last.
    First EMOM session is on Monday, I planned this week with an extra day off this weekend so we can go to the lake. I will be back Sunday though…and if I am feeling a little crazy I will knock the first one off then….but I doubt it lol. Second one is next Thursday.
    Last edited by raynerd; 08-24-2016 at 02:43 PM.
    ☻/
    / \