munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000)

How do you warm up? And how about off-days?

Hi there,

Looking for advice and guidance from the fellow over 35 group, in regards to how you keep your joints flexible, mobile, etc.

Some quick contextÖ

I started out two years ago, and really enjoyed getting into a beginner program and learning about nutrition. I lost 45 lbs over 6 or 7 months, and my before/after pictures are actually on page 1 of Fierce 5 (yup, quite proud of that!). Shortly after that, pretty much when I started my first ever bulk, I ran into injury problems with hips, back, and now both shoulders. Being overweight and sedentary for so long (combined with a desk job) has led to awful posture, and it has taken its toll on how my body moves.

Iíve had all the MRIs and x-rays you can imagine, and while I do have some impingement, small labrum tears, mild disc herniation, early stages of arthritis, etc., Iím of the belief that my main problems are things within my control:

1) Not preparing my body well enough for the lifts and not warming up adequately immediately before lifting. I work out at 5am (thatís my only chance in a day), so my body is basically jumping out of bed, and then trying to lift weights 15 minutes later
    2) Poor form, probably due to poor flexibility and mobility

Iíve been to PT, and to be honest, it didnít help me a great deal. He blamed all of it on my weak core, and whileís on the money with the root of the problem, he had me working on variations of the plank, wall slides, crawling, kettlebell arm bars, glute bridges, bird dogs, etc.

Donít get me wrong, I found the exercises challenging, and Iím all for incorporating some of these in to my program, but I never left the gym feeling like Iíd had a workout. In fact, I didnít have to go to the gym at all. I kept going just to retain the habit of actually showing up, but I could have done all this stuff in my basement.

All of this to say, I moved on from that guy. I learned a lot but Iím going to try going it alone again (with the help of BB.com). This time, I plan to prime my body for what I want to do, which is lift and gain muscle.

Iíve spent time researching the best way to go about this. I invested in a foam roller/lacrosse ball, and then working on some core and glute activation exercises, but thereís so much out there Iím not sure what is the most efficient way to warm up. I truly feel like I could spend 45 minutes just warming up, which only leaves 15 minutes or so for working out. Not gonna make much progress that way!

SoÖapologies for the long winded way of askingÖwhat do you do to keep yourselves mobile, flexible, and ready to lift? Would also like to know what you do on your off days. I hit the gym 3x per week at 5am, but can also work on flexibility/stretching the other 4 days.

Many thanks in advance!

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I say it all the time but fighting to keep my body from wasting away due to sitting all day is by far the bigger battle than just going to the gym and lifting heavy things.

I think the 2 items you listed are a good place to start -- proper warmups and working on mobility/flexibility. There are plenty of things you can do to incorporate warming up and mobility together.

What is a proper warmup? Personally I like to do mobility circuits as my warmups. All the things you listed like glute bridges, wall slides and whatever else you want are great for warmup.

One thing I've added in over last year that really seems to be helping my mobility is doing some light moves during rest period in between sets. For example, when benching I will do some band pull-aparts or facepulls between sets. When squatting I like to do a few chinups or just hang from the bar and work on retracting my scapula.

Keep in mind, there is absolutely nothing you can do in the gym that can undue what 8-10 hours sitting on your ass does. You need to get out of that chair at a minimum once per hour and walk around, touch your toes or something! Much easier said than done I know. I'll catch myself not having moved for several hours sometimes when I get focused on something at work.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    IMO you are overthinking this. Warm up by slowly adding weight to the bar, doing the exact movement your are going to go heavy on.

For example if you are doing squats, do 15 to 20 body weight squats, then do maybe 5-8 reps with the bar, then add some weight to the bar and do another 5 reps or so and so forth and so on till you feel that your joints/tendons are warm enough then move on to the desired weight. Everyone is different and some people will warm up faster than others.

The most important thing is to learn to listen to your body, you will know when you are warm enough once you learn to listen to your body.
    On the list for Bannukah

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I agree with John that the best way to warm up is to ramp up doing the movements you are going to be hitting.

There is a warm up sequence called the Agile 8 that a lot of people do. It takes about 10 minutes and is designed for mobility. You can google that is you feel a dynamic warmup is not enough for you.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post
    IMO you are overthinking this. Warm up by slowly adding weight to the bar, doing the exact movement your are going to go heavy on.
    I can definitely see the logic in that but IMO it fails to take into account people with mobility issues. Until about 6 months ago I could squat a dozen sets with just the bar and my form would never look good. I had to have at least 95 lbs on bar before my form looked ok. Some muscles simply weren't activating and others were just too tight.

I would agree though that this method is a great place to start -- if it works for you, awesome! It's certainly the most straight-forward and gives you more practice at the core lifts. But if you find that you can't get your form right with light weights then you need to look elsewhere.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I'm guessing different people need to approach this in different ways, but since this is a forum, here is my opinion based on my personal experience.

For 5 years now I've been working out at 4:00 A.M. I take a pre-workout, read my emails, and am in my basement 15 minutes later starting my warm-up.

I've NEVER (knock on wood) had a serious injury due to lifting, and the worst to ever happen is the occasional pulled muscle. One time I had a rotator cuff strain (from doing upright rows on a smith machine...duh), and one time I got an exertion headache (from high rep squats).

I have no abnormal aches and pains, no joint issues, no mobility problems.

Now here is the thing...I've never lifted primarily for strength. That doesn't mean I'm "weak" and that doesn't mean I don't lift "heavy". I've just primarily trained in the 8-12 rep range, sometimes going as low as 5, but never trying (or caring about) a 1 rep max. I'm sure strength training devotees will be mad at me for saying it, but all the glory days of lifting for strength seems to get anyone is a bunch of injuries and joint problems in the long run. Not worth an impressive bench IMHO.

So yeah, I might not be super massive, or have impressive lifts...but I still feel young and healthy, remain injury free, have functional strength, and look good naked. So this isn't so much about the warm-up*, as it is about possibly taking a look at alleviating the possibility of potential problems before they happen, especially if you are an older lifter.

* My warm-up consists of 10 minutes of dynamic stretching, with an emphasis on shoulder mobility, then I do my ab work (1 set), then I do one light set of whatever my first exercise is and move onto my first working set. After that, my body temperature is "warm" and the blood is flowing, all the muscles are warm, and there is no reason to do any further warming up, it's all working sets after that. So, IMHO 15 minutes of warm-up after rolling out of bed is sufficient if you aren't doing super heavy power focused training.

congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000) congore is just really nice. (+1000)
    Another vote for 'Agile 8, agility warmup. Gets the blood pumping and stretches hips, ankles, and knees as well as everything else. Run, swim, or any activity (racquetball, basketball, hill sprints, walking...) on non lifting days. Good luck.

wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) wesleysh21 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I always start with a good set of static stretches. I know people have decided these aren't good, but screw those people. If I put them in MY body, they would feel the difference vs jumping right into dynamic stretching. And I do the exact same stretch and warm up routine every time I go into the gym. Which means even on leg day, I'm doing the rotator cuff stuff. On upper body days, I'm still stretching the hams, quads, Achilles and calves. I swear it takes me 15 minutes now. It used to be pretty quick. But every couple of years I will pull or strain a muscle while working out, and I'll add some new stretch to the routine to take care of it.

If it's upper body day, I go right into the routine after stretching. I always start "light" for my first set and slowly make my way up to the working set. For bench, this means simply using the bar. On leg day, I do 10 minutes on the elliptical to warm up my lower body before going into any leg work. I normally do 5 minutes of a relatively easy setting, then every minute I crank up the incline and resistance. I USED to go right into squats at 135 after that. Now I'm struggling with depth if I do that, so I do body weight squats hanging onto the squat rack. I will do a few, then I'll actually use the rack to push myself down to get a little extra stretch to help with depth. Then squat the bar, then 135, etc.

On non-lifting days I do zip, zero, nada.
    ALL I ASK IS ALL YOU GOT FOR AS LONG AS IT TAKES

munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    I say it all the time but fighting to keep my body from wasting away due to sitting all day is by far the bigger battle than just going to the gym and lifting heavy things.

I think the 2 items you listed are a good place to start -- proper warmups and working on mobility/flexibility. There are plenty of things you can do to incorporate warming up and mobility together.

What is a proper warmup? Personally I like to do mobility circuits as my warmups. All the things you listed like glute bridges, wall slides and whatever else you want are great for warmup.

One thing I've added in over last year that really seems to be helping my mobility is doing some light moves during rest period in between sets. For example, when benching I will do some band pull-aparts or facepulls between sets. When squatting I like to do a few chinups or just hang from the bar and work on retracting my scapula.

Keep in mind, there is absolutely nothing you can do in the gym that can undue what 8-10 hours sitting on your ass does. You need to get out of that chair at a minimum once per hour and walk around, touch your toes or something! Much easier said than done I know. I'll catch myself not having moved for several hours sometimes when I get focused on something at work.
    I certainly have the 8-10 hours on my ass issue, although I recently convinced my employer to by me a standing desk. I don’t stand all day, but it helps to just get out of the same position every couple of hours.

I’ll try to stick to moving every hour, even it’s just touching my toes (or trying to!). I actually purchases a pull up bar for my office for that purpose, but that jacked up my shoulder doing not very much so it’s best left alone for the time-being.

Originally Posted by bodyhard View Post

For example if you are doing squats, do 15 to 20 body weight squats, then do maybe 5-8 reps with the bar, then add some weight to the bar and do another 5 reps or so and so forth and so on till you feel that your joints/tendons are warm enough then move on to the desired weight. Everyone is different and some people will warm up faster than others.

The most important thing is to learn to listen to your body, you will know when you are warm enough once you learn to listen to your body.
    Iím terrible overthinker!

I did try what youíve suggested when I first started out, and I always questioned my form on pretty much every lift, even bodyweight. I persevered while trying to master the form, and while I was never in pain during the actual exercise, Iíd end up with pain a few hours later. Itís difficult when my body isnít giving me that immediate feedback, besides just not ďfeeling rightĒ.

Will definitely continue starting light and gradually adding weight. My max lifts are pitiful, doing anything with 100lbs seems like years down the line, but Iíll keep at it.

Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    I agree with John that the best way to warm up is to ramp up doing the movements you are going to be hitting.

There is a warm up sequence called the Agile 8 that a lot of people do. It takes about 10 minutes and is designed for mobility. You can google that is you feel a dynamic warmup is not enough for you.

Ray
    Will check out Agile 8. Thanks!

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    I'm guessing different people need to approach this in different ways, but since this is a forum, here is my opinion based on my personal experience.

For 5 years now I've been working out at 4:00 A.M. I take a pre-workout, read my emails, and am in my basement 15 minutes later starting my warm-up.

I've NEVER (knock on wood) had a serious injury due to lifting, and the worst to ever happen is the occasional pulled muscle. One time I had a rotator cuff strain (from doing upright rows on a smith machine...duh), and one time I got an exertion headache (from high rep squats).

I have no abnormal aches and pains, no joint issues, no mobility problems.

Now here is the thing...I've never lifted primarily for strength. That doesn't mean I'm "weak" and that doesn't mean I don't lift "heavy". I've just primarily trained in the 8-12 rep range, sometimes going as low as 5, but never trying (or caring about) a 1 rep max. I'm sure strength training devotees will be mad at me for saying it, but all the glory days of lifting for strength seems to get anyone is a bunch of injuries and joint problems in the long run. Not worth an impressive bench IMHO.

So yeah, I might not be super massive, or have impressive lifts...but I still feel young and healthy, remain injury free, have functional strength, and look good naked. So this isn't so much about the warm-up*, as it is about possibly taking a look at alleviating the possibility of potential problems before they happen, especially if you are an older lifter.

* My warm-up consists of 10 minutes of dynamic stretching, with an emphasis on shoulder mobility, then I do my ab work (1 set), then I do one light set of whatever my first exercise is and move onto my first working set. After that, my body temperature is "warm" and the blood is flowing, all the muscles are warm, and there is no reason to do any further warming up, it's all working sets after that. So, IMHO 15 minutes of warm-up after rolling out of bed is sufficient if you aren't doing super heavy power focused training.
    Curious what program you follow? I also don’t care about 1 rep max, in fact, I never tried to figure that out in the past two years. This journey is about being around for as long as possible, and having a healthy and measurable hobbie.

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by wesleysh21 View Post
    And I do the exact same stretch and warm up routine every time I go into the gym. Which means even on leg day, I'm doing the rotator cuff stuff. On upper body days, I'm still stretching the hams, quads, Achilles and calves.
    Good point, I agree with this 100% (and do it myself). Everything works together when the body is moving, even when you don't think it is.

bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bodyhard has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by munichveteran View Post
    I’m terrible overthinker!

I did try what you’ve suggested when I first started out, and I always questioned my form on pretty much every lift, even bodyweight. I persevered while trying to master the form, and while I was never in pain during the actual exercise, I’d end up with pain a few hours later. It’s difficult when my body isn’t giving me that immediate feedback, besides just not “feeling right”.

Will definitely continue starting light and gradually adding weight. My max lifts are pitiful, doing anything with 100lbs seems like years down the line, but I’ll keep at it.
    Form is important, but not to the point where it has to be so damn strict that you overkill the "process" of doing it correctly. There is such thing as "loose" form and it generally starts happening when you are going very heavy.

Why would you say your max lift is pitiful? Never be so negative on yourself that is detrimental to your state of mind and once you are negative mentally that translates into physical. What the mind perceives the body believes

Whatever your max lift are now, are what they are, nothing more nothing less, work on them by staying consistent and slowly progressing, this is not a race.
    On the list for Bannukah

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I keep it pretty simple, 5 minute cardio warmup, e.g. exercise bike
    A couple of dynamic stretches, leg swings, arm circles, whatever
    Ramping warm up with whatever my first exercise is
    Workout
    Limber 11 (the successor to the agile 8)

I've seen it argued both ways, but I'd rather do my mobility work after my workouts than before.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 355/185/380
    Best Meet lifts: 352.7/181.6/407.8,
    Best Wilks=370.84

Originally Posted by munichveteran View Post
    Curious what program you follow? I also don’t care about 1 rep max, in fact, I never tried to figure that out in the past two years. This journey is about being around for as long as possible, and having a healthy and measurable hobbie.
    Sorry, I'm old school, I write my own programs tailored to my body and my goals, always have (not aloof, just a product of my own past). I've done my research, consider all new ideas with an open mind, listen to other peoples real life experience, and apply things from other peoples programs to myself if they work for me. I experiment and tweak, sticking with what works and throwing away things that don't.

blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) blue9steel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I don't do a general warmup prior to working out.

I do however do warmup sets for each exercise prior to that lift. Generically one at 60% and one at 80% but for some exercises I do more.

I do some stretching and mobility work that is specific to exercises where I feel I need it. I do that prior to my warmup sets for that exercise.

In some cases I try to set up my exercises in an order that helps me warm up.

TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TnTNZ has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lifting days 5 mins on the treadmill, then warmup sets on the exercise I'm doing. But I'm a noob and not lifting significant weight yet.

But as a fellow office jockey. I don't just get up and move, every 2 hours a 10 minute walk. My employer sees the benefit of this, since making this change I'm more productive, more focused and happier at work. Being sedentary for long periods is bad. There are numerous studies to back this up. This is regardless of being an on or off day. It's every day I'm in the office.

Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bando has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some good advice here, I think everyone is different, but I wouldn't pop out of bed and go heavy 15 minutes later.

What works for me is to hit the rowing machine for 5 minutes 1st thing in the gym. Then on the early sets I ramp up like Bodyhard and others mention. I swear by stretching at the end of every workout when I'm warm and limber anyway, I stretch for 5 minutes. Been without a serious injury for 10 years.
    Bro with mattbro95

***Dirty South Crew***

Post Workout Commando Crew

Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000) Luclin999 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    On work out days, the warm-up is generally an extra set at half the work weight done before each workset, especially for the compound lifts (Squats, Dead lifts, Bench, Etc.).

On basically all days, I try to get in 10-15 minutes of the warm-up and stretching routine that I used to do before each martial arts class decades ago.

The martial arts warm up helps get me loose and tends to work out stiff/sore areas, the workout pre-sets help me make sure that there are no hidden issues about to pop up once I have some serious weight on the bar.

DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000) DieselBro is just really nice. (+1000)
    5 minutes on the treadmill to get warm.. warm up with the bar and ramp up..