ganjadude420 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Lost 60 lbs over a period of time, need to work on abs area, help.

When I was around 12, I was 5'4 and 215 lbs. After being picked on (but easily beat up the bullies), been socially rejected (no friends/relationships, still continues to this day), and overall just having a miserable life (yet again still going on to this day), I decided to lose some weight. So through four years, I lost around 60 lbs. Today, I'm 6'2, 157.5 lbs, and I'm a lot more built than I used to be. I can bench around 145, x10 each arm 30lb bicep curls, 220 leg curl, squat 180, and x10 100lb pull-downs.

From working out so far, I got a pretty built upper body along with some good biceps and my arms and legs have got more muscular. Here's the kicker though- I still kind of have a floppy beer gut. I just wanna know what it takes to get a perf 6 pack of abs, because at this point it's the only thing I'm missing. I don't know if I should change my diet (I do things Atkins style, basically all carnivore but I get the expensive stuff you find in places like Sprouts or Whole Foods with no preservatives or artificial bullcrap, and it's helped with my major weight loss), but I've tried everything and I'm only comfortable with my usual expensive, healthy meat products. I eat only 1200-1600 calories a day, also. I also don't know which exercises I should do. My mom says crunches and sit-ups will help, but I'm kind of confused because I saw people saying on these forums that that's complete bull. That's really all I need to know. I want a daily routine that can (hopefully) get me to have a nice 6 pack in no time.

Someone please help. I'm somewhat new to this type of stuff.

P.S: No, I don't smoke weed- I just have this as my name because I don't know any good names.

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Congrats on the weight loss! I'll save you a ton of wasted time and effort.

Don't fixate on abs.

erridiom has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I agree with Erik, don't stress about abs. They show with low bf% (more abdominal muscle=abs start to show at higher bf%). As for movements to build ab muscle; hanging leg raises, roll outs, and general core workouts.

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm going to cut down to 220 and see where I'm at.
    8/4/16
    365/290/395
    Currently: 280
    Goal: 220