ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10) ACRhino is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Diastasis Recti - Need Help With Exercises For Men

I'm 6'3" 275lbs and 44 years old.

I was heavily into weights, football, and kickboxing in my 20's. At peak I was 295lbs 10% bodyfat. I've been in and out of the gym over the last 10-12 years or so but I've over time ended up at around 36% bodyfat at my most out of shape (which I guess was a few months ago). Until recently I had been out of the gym entirely for 4 years. About a year ago I noticed that if I sat up like in a crunch I had this weird ridge down the center of my belly fat, I had never had this before (I was washboard up until ago 30 or so). I just assumed I was a fat ass or my fat was forming weird. About 10 weeks ago I started going to PT for tendinitis in my elbow. That started me doing the basic daily circuit training stuff and 20 minutes on the treadmill. A month later that led to a 2-day split twice a week and more treadmill. A month later that led me back to a 5-day split and daily treadmill and my strength has gone up phenomenally. Right now I look like a gorilla with huge back, arms, shoulders, chest, and legs but I still have a respectable pot belly to go (now 28% bodyfat).

As I gained muscle and lost fat that ridge in my stomach became much more alarming so I saw a Dr. and it turns out I have Diastasis Recti. I feel no pain and it is totally harmless ... but it looks wonking weird when I do crunches and stuff so I would like to work on that.

Has anyone here ever had, or worked through, or trained someone, or been treated for Diastasis Recti with PT and/or exercise? As a male who seems to have had this occur to me while out of shape at some point in my 40's (the last 3 or 4 years I assume when this came on) I'd like to know if there are any exercises I can do to help me with this condition. I don't expect to reverse it ... but since it happened presumably through some means of deconditioning (gaining weight over the years) I'm assuming there is some type of exercise regimen or conditioning that I can do to at least hep me in some way shape or form reverse the problem.

I'm really looking for some guidance from folks who have experienced this and/or people who have had clients or patients with this and helped them with the matter. I'd like some exercises and/or a routine I can do two or three days a week to help reverse as best as I can the problem.

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    There are exercises that can help. Breaking Muscle has a series on diastasis recti that a few friends have used. If I were you I'd look it over and then consult a PT to see how the exercises could be fit into your current programming or if you need to pull back from what you're doing now. Their program is written with postpartum women in mind and I'm not sure if the bodyweight work is specifically to ease back into exercise after delivery or because DR requires pulling back that far. Here's the link to that program:

http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fit...iastasis-recti

61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000) 61PWCC is just really nice. (+1000)
    I wonder if this condition is possibly due to a weak Pyramidalis muscle. This small triangular muscle sits at the bottom of your abs and when contracted, tightens the linea alba, the tendinous vertical separation of the abdominal muscles. If this muscle gets so weak that it doesn't put enough tension on the linea alba could Diastasis Recti be the result?
    Whatever wrinkles I face in life, I know hittin' the weights will IRON them out
    It pains me to take a day off for there is much weight to be lifted and life is short
    Lifting does require weighting for results
    Lifting well is the best revenge
    To lift like no one else,lift like no one else
    Favorite Soap Opera: One Life to Lift
    www.facebook.com/groups/StroongmanArchaeology/
    ()---() York Barbell Club #61 ()---() YORK DD 35s ()---()
    ()---() YORK DD 75s ()---() YORK DD 20 Kg ()---()

SHAJE is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Still a valid question, that's not been answered

Its an old thread but wondering if anyone around on the forum now has any experience with men's exercises for Diastasis Recti?

I'm in pretty much the same situation as the original poster, it gives me no pain, I would not even be aware I had diastalsis recti had I not started doing Ab exercises. Most of the information available on line is aimed at women who tend to get the separation below the belly button whereas men tend to get it above the belly button, also for every exercise I see as a recommended treatment the next article I read recommends the same exercise as one to avoid, its a bit of a minefield so any men with experience of this?

For now I'm just avoiding ab exercises altogether.