Page 56 of 78 FirstFirst ... 6 46 54 55 56 57 58 66 ... LastLast
Results 1,651 to 1,680 of 2320
    Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000) Echo814 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I love the Broscience guy!

Glad your holidays were good. I feel ya on enjoying all the things

For tofu, it will usually pick up flavors that you cook it with. I lived with some friends years back, one was a vegetarian and when I cooked for the houes I learned how to at least not make it taste like sh!t lol. It's really good fried, tossed in some kung pao sauce served with veggies and rice.
    If this were easy, everyone would walk around ripped.

I like eating, it helps with the not dying.

Journal: Back in Black
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=120569281

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Echo814 View Post
    Glad your holidays were good. I feel ya on enjoying all the things

For tofu, it will usually pick up flavors that you cook it with. I lived with some friends years back, one was a vegetarian and when I cooked for the houes I learned how to at least not make it taste like sh!t lol. It's really good fried, tossed in some kung pao sauce served with veggies and rice.
    Enjoying all the booze things. >.<

I've heard that about tofu, because it has a lot of air pockets after pressing/draining it absorbs other stuff. It's supposed to be great for marinating for that reason. So glad for the internet, because I probably would have been put off if I didn't know how to cook it, or at least to press it first. Been seeing good looking recipes on the veggie/vegan subreddits.

If I like it I want to play with soft tofu too, no pressing needed, and you can make crumbles with it (burritos, chilis, sloppy joes, mmmmm).
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    mmm booze... I mean...

I haven't had much luck with tofu, to be honest. I've tried a couple times but still it's always just kinda eh. Maybe I should do the marinade thing instead. Some day. Though sloppy joes sounds like a good idea. That deserves an mmm for sure.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    mmm booze... I mean...

I haven't had much luck with tofu, to be honest. I've tried a couple times but still it's always just kinda eh. Maybe I should do the marinade thing instead. Some day. Though sloppy joes sounds like a good idea. That deserves an mmm for sure.
    I'd like it to work out ok, because there are a lot of good ideas for it. If I can't manage to make it in ways I like then there's other protein options.

Nutritional yeast is high protein, and usually fortified with b12, though I have only just heard of it. I like edamame, and at least one faux meat thing. Soy protein is cheaper than the whey protein I buy, about $20 for 5lbs unflavored (yeah, shipping is like 12, but that's still not bad, it takes me forever to get through protein). Also the less protein dense, but still good sources stuff: I love beans, nuts, chickpeas are pretty good, that protein pasta I like etc.

I'll figure it out, I'm not just diving into a full vegetarian diet, just cutting back a bit and making small changes so I've got plenty of time to fluff around with new stuff.

If I do manage anything fantastic I'll have to remember food pics.

*ETA: Oh, and if it's the texture you don't like, try freezing it, then thaw drain and cook. It's supposed to make it a little chewier, and some people feel it's a meatier texture. It will discolor a bit, but that's ok.
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 01-11-2018 at 05:56 AM.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I love to cook tofu after pressing it under a heavy weight (after wrapping it in paper towels). Then my favorite preparation is marinating it in maple syrup, soy or teriyaki sauce, spices of choice (I enjoy ginger and fresh scallions) and then pan-frying it in sesame oil. Baking also works.

ALSO! Tofu of various textures is an amazing replacement for ricotta in lasagna, srs. I also enjoy tofu sauteed with onions and wine and added to pasta. The texture is kind of like cheese, but higher in protein and lower in fat so it makes a good meal.

oooh and I love mushing up tofu, mixing it with chopped spinach and spices, and using that to fill dumpling skins. http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/s...tofu-dumplings

You can also bread tofu in panko crumbs and pan-fry. It's pretty good that way too.

I love tofu tbh but have trouble digesting it so don't eat it very often.

I promise this post was NOT brought to you by The Soy Council of America.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Thanks for these ideas! Tofu in lasagna sounds awesome! I'd love to bake it (low effort cooking lol), but my dad thought the oven was broken, and broke it for real. You know, because asking if it's just hot because I recently used it would have been dumb. -_-

I have heard teriyaki is a good marinade, I need to pick some up sometime. I do have soy sauce in the mean time though, one of my first attempts would be a stir fry.

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've heard good things about nutritional yeast but never actually seen it in a store. Maybe some day I'll find it. And mmm to lasagna, though I still prefer it with ricotta cheese. Miss my mom's lasagna though really don't want to know the calorie count.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

I've heard good things about nutritional yeast but never actually seen it in a store. Maybe some day I'll find it. And mmm to lasagna, though I still prefer it with ricotta cheese. Miss my mom's lasagna though really don't want to know the calorie count.
    Yeah, walmart's website has it, which probably just means it's not in my closest one anyway. There's a "health food" *coughhippystorecough* (lol) that may have it that I need to check out, because none of the bigger stores have seitan either.
    If not, NY is something I'd feel ok buying online if I had to.

JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Hey Luna! Things are looking good in here.

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    I've been wanting to try to go more plant based, but not vegetarian (because, come on, meat's yum). It'd be a very loose flexitarian diet, since for now it's basically trying to do it the days I can. As is, I can only do that certain times at Jay's because I can't meet my protein at my dad's without chicken unless I can get to a store for more varied protein options. Right now it's on a "as I can manage" basis, end game is 3-4 meatless days a week (when I can be that picky, lol). Fish doesn't count, I don't eat it often so I'm not going to avoid it when I do.
    I read this and immediately thought of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the Aunt says, what do you mean he don't eat no meat?!
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159386641

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Build back the muscle I lost while I went through a "I hate lifting" phase
    Love lifting again

Originally Posted by JenSTL4 View Post
    Hey Luna! Things are looking good in here.

I read this and immediately thought of the movie My Big Fat Greek Wedding when the Aunt says, what do you mean he don't eat no meat?!
    Hey Jen! Good to see you around.

Lol, yeah. I tried vegetarian as a teen, mostly because my best friend was trying it, and if she did I had to. My dad had some chit to say lol. Jay knows of course, and some online friends including you guys. I'm not really going out of my way to tell close family or anything. Even just saying "I'm cutting back on animal products" would incite the typical responses.

If I get to my goal of 1-2 meat meals a week, or if I even like it enough to decide to save it for certain occasions, or whatever I would do my best to avoid drawing attention to it. Seems like with any diet change people want to ask why, but only do they can tell you why you're wrong.

I have a cousin in NJ who's pretty young ~10, and has been "vegan" (the ethical reasons, and desire to avoid animal products is there, but likely doesn't have the know how for complete avoidance) for years. He simply gets upset at the idea of eating/harming animals. You'd think people would understand, but last time my dad visited they were all trying to get him to eat eggs (except my dad who took his side,but only because he hates eggs, himself). If he said he wouldn't eat mushrooms, no one would care. His diet isn't great, because of the lack of support too (making up for the calories with breads/junk, because he doesn't have good plant based options available.) Even before adjusting my diet this bummed me out, he has the right to eat non-animal foods, and by being stubborn I don't know if his parents are learning what he needs to get the right nutrients, or supplements (namely b12).

Sorry for the rant, lol. Maybe I just relate in that when you start eating healthier, and losing weight people do the same thing. Sabotage/trying to convince people to do things against your diet, try to convince you you're wrong, all of a sudden everyone's a doctor, get defensive like your change means you're judging them, etc.

So, I believe it was Ananda who mentioned cronometer awhile back, and I was all "meh, fluff it I don't ant to fill out the same missing entries I had to for fatsecret."

Today I figured I'd at least do one day, because it has the nice benefit of telling you your vitamin, mineral, and even amino acid amounts. I'm sort on almost everything. I figured it wasn't great, but it was worse than I suspected. Yeah, there's still dinner, but the reason I try to cram in plenty of protein, and whatever plant stuff I can manage in the day is because often dinner is convenience stuff (when Jay's working anyway).

I'd keep using it, but now it'll bum me out, because I can't get foods anyway. T_T
    I do want to use it when I can get other foods (i.e. whole grains, nuts/seeds, and veggies) that'll fill in the gap to see if it gets better as I make changes.

I got 52% for potassium, and the only reason it was that high was I had a potato for a snack (usually don't have them, but we do now, so yay!). No wonder I get leg cramps.
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 01-12-2018 at 02:10 PM.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    A lot of foods have potassium, but don't list it (it's not required under FDA rules), so you're probably getting more than what's reported.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    A lot of foods have potassium, but don't list it (it's not required under FDA rules), so you're probably getting more than what's reported.
    Yeah, I later realized the site is supposed to be used by entering the generic foods, as those come from the USDA database and have more complete info. Unfortunately that makes the calories and macros a bit off, but I just use brand names in fatsecret for accurate macros, and generic entries in cronometer for an idea of where my nutrition is at. Doesn't take that much longer, still low on some stuff but it wasn't as bad as it first looked.

I bought some tofu, so I'm giving that a try for lunch today. Picked up cornstarch too, stir fries just aren't the same without it (still tasty af though). Also edamame, because it's yum.

Fullbody - Deads and Pendlays - Home

Sumo Deads
    117lbs x 3
    117lbs x 3
    117lbs x 3
    127lbs x 2
    137lbs x 1

Fronts Squats
    42lbs x 8
    42lbs x 8
    42lbs x 8
    42lbs x 8

Pendlay Rows
    87lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5
    97lbs x 3
    97lbs x 3

DB Shoulder Presses
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 9
    20lbs x 8

Core:
    50 Reps

+Stretching

Damn, I mean, the week after deload usually isn't particularly impressive, but it's been like a month since I last did deads with my equipment, or front squats at all. Felt good though, back was a little "meh," but I'm sure after a few sessions of being back to regular stretching, and chit it'll be better.

I've got an appt Friday, so I'm trying to figure out if I should cram all three sessions in before then, or do one Sat. I may just do squat day Wed instead, and do accessories on Sat, so if for any reason I don't get it done, I got the important ones. I know, I could just do it Friday afternoon, but that's so unlike me. lol. We'll see, if it's just accessories I'll be more likely to do them later.

Pics of lunch later, wish me all the luck.

Success! Gonna try freezing it next time, as they say that makes it a bit chewier/meatier in texture. At first it's ok, but after while that gets a bit off-putting. Also the edamame could have been cooked a bit longer. Still good, especially for a first shot.

Cals: 497
    Protein: 33g
    Fat: 9.6g
    Carbs: 71.5

Link in case BB doesn't show it for some: Link

Food stuff:
    I did try tofu again, but instead of using the frozen stuff I soaked the tofu in some soy sauce, and that garlic-y juice chit from my minced garlic jar. Pan fried it in a bit of olive oils, and hot damn that improved the taste and fixed the texture issue.

Yesterday we went to get Chinese. Tried sesame bean curd, because the macros looked good and part of the semi-veg thing is to make me try new things. Holy crap, it was so crunchy, but chewy, and sweet. Such a neat texture, and first time I tried sesame sauce. After ordering though I mentioned I had little idea of what I was actually getting, and Jay looked at me like "how the fluff you order food when you don't know if you like it?" >.<

I still have some leftover so I'm eating that today, if it reheats ok. I'm a little confused, so tell me if there's a reason for this. Chinese food has a reputation for being less than satiating. When I go to a buffet I can eat all the things, and eat again in like an hour. Go to a Chinese restaurant, not the case. I've gotten chicken and brockoli before, and the aforementioned bean curd, and both times I was full after a pretty small portion and stayed full. I'd much rather get that full that quick at buffets, lol.

Non-Food stuff:
    Squats today, feeling pretty good. My motivation has been unreliable lately, but it seems to be cooperating today.
    Lately I've been waking up better. The alarm goes off, and Jay goes to shower before dropping me off, and usually I fall right back to sleep for the other 15min, but I just lie there awake. Not energetic, but rested feeling. Last night I fell asleep a bit early, today I woke up before the alarm, and was just good to go. So that's nice.

Also, my fiber has been much better in general, which I think is throwing off my guts a bit, but it's cool. I get why. It's like 10+g more fiber than my stomach is used to, lol.

Fullbody - Squats/OHP - Home

Squats
    77lbs x 6
    87lbs x 5
    97lbs x 3
    107lbs x 1
    107lbs x Miss

RDLs
    82lbs x 12
    82lbs x 10
    82lbs x 10
    82lbs x 10

OHP
    47lbs x 8
    52lbs x 5
    52lbs x 5
    52lbs x 5
    57lbs x 3

BB Bent Over Rows
    62lbs x 10
    62lbs x 10
    62lbs x 10
    62lbs x 10

Core:
    70 Reps

+ YWTLs, and stretching

Not too shabby. Did miss my last set of squats, but I did get one at 107, so that makes me happy enough. BORs for the first time in while, because I was doing LPDs at Jays.

Back is still a bit "meh," but RDLs and rows felt solid, so yay for that. Waaaay more sore this morning than yesterday, putting the D in DOMS. Lol.

Side note:
    Today I learned light turns potatoes green, and it makes them taste like chit. >.< My dad was given a big sack (it's not burlap, it's idk, "stringy looking" so light gets in fine) that he left on the table, I guess he didn't know either. Like so fluffing green, and bitter, bleh.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good job on the squats! Big volume overall on that workout!

As for the Chinese buffet... maybe heavy sauces? That stuff hits my stomach like a rock. It's like carbs soaked in motor oil.

Didn't know that about potatoes, but here's another fun potato fact. If you have large quantities of rotten potatoes in a small space (cellar) they can give off deadly gases - so be careful!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you miss a lift do you try it again?
    POWERLIFTING TRAINING JOURNAL
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=161554583

YOUTUBE (Training videos)
    https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCfCal3cQ0N9yrJ8akX9BhTg

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Good job on the squats! Big volume overall on that workout!

As for the Chinese buffet... maybe heavy sauces? That stuff hits my stomach like a rock. It's like carbs soaked in motor oil.

Didn't know that about potatoes, but here's another fun potato fact. If you have large quantities of rotten potatoes in a small space (cellar) they can give off deadly gases - so be careful!
    Thanks! I've been liking the fullbody layout with the mixed rep ranges, and higher volume.

I think the buffets have lighter sauces, around here anyway. Might be why they're the easier ones to eat so much of. The sesame sauce from the restaurant was thiiiick.

Yeah, turns out it doesn't just taste bad when potatoes go green. They develop a toxin that can't kill you unless you ingest roughly four lbs of potatoes, but turns out enough can make you sick (vomiting, diarrhea, etc). Despite it being pretty green, it didn't get me that bad, but I felt nauseous for hours.
    Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    If you miss a lift do you try it again?
    Depends. Yesterday was my last attempt, and I knew I wasn't coming up when I got down about halfway. If I felt like it was a form adjustment, or just needed to reset myself for a minute I would. Depends on my back as well, if it's feeling iffy, and my squats are slow I won't push it. If it's feeling great, and I can be more explosive I take advantage of it.

---
    ETA: Had oats for breakfast with PB chocolate ISO100, and holy chit. So, so good! Like dessert for breakfast. I did want to do overnight oats, but the quick cook kind was the only kind I could get. Can't be too picky. :P
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 01-18-2018 at 08:21 AM.

I didn't know that about potatoes either as haven't had the issue. Most come in the non-burlap in the grocery stores and have had it on our counter but guess we don't let it sit there for long before cooking. Though we also haven't had potatoes in months. hmmm Glad it didn't make you too sick at least, considering the possibility.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends. Yesterday was my last attempt, and I knew I wasn't coming up when I got down about halfway. If I felt like it was a form adjustment, or just needed to reset myself for a minute I would. Depends on my back as well, if it's feeling iffy, and my squats are slow I won't push it. If it's feeling great, and I can be more explosive I take advantage of it.
    Just curious about people other than myself. I will usually get it on the second try if I miss the first. I rarely get it on the 3rd if I've failed twice but I have a hard time giving up so I have to try just one more time

I didn't know that about potatoes either as haven't had the issue. Most come in the non-burlap in the grocery stores and have had it on our counter but guess we don't let it sit there for long before cooking. Though we also haven't had potatoes in months. hmmm Glad it didn't make you too sick at least, considering the possibility.
    My dad got these from someone else, so while we've had them for a bit, who knows how long they've been sitting around, or where. I'll just stick to grains, and such for fiber sources for now.
    Just curious about people other than myself. I will usually get it on the second try if I miss the first. I rarely get it on the 3rd if I've failed twice but I have a hard time giving up so I have to try just one more time
    The ones I get on the second try are usually a matter of me not liking my depth. It gets close, but not quite enough so I try it again. My squats are a hassle in general.

Deads I typically get, or can't get off the floor. Though if I feel like adjusting my form, setting up better, something like that will help I always try again. I've considered trying paused deads, but not sure if my back would like it. Though maybe light ones would allow me to really pay attention to form, and cues.

My dad got these from someone else, so while we've had them for a bit, who knows how long they've been sitting around, or where. I'll just stick to grains, and such for fiber sources for now.

The ones I get on the second try are usually a matter of me not liking my depth. It gets close, but not quite enough so I try it again. My squats are a hassle in general.

Deads I typically get, or can't get off the floor. Though if I feel like adjusting my form, setting up better, something like that will help I always try again. I've considered trying paused deads, but not sure if my back would like it. Though maybe light ones would allow me to really pay attention to form, and cues.
    I pretty much hate squats these days. I think my last training PR was one I missed the first time. I had to bail. The ones I have to work for the most are the ones I'm proudest of.

I pretty much hate squats these days. I think my last training PR was one I missed the first time. I had to bail. The ones I have to work for the most are the ones I'm proudest of.
    I can relate, my squats have gotten better, but I was hoping to make more progress with them. I know part of it is mental, between worrying about my back, or being at Jay's and also worrying about space. I get ready to go ham on them, but once I'm doing them I get too cautious.

Just gotta keep practicing my cues, making sure my stance is good each time, stretching, etc. It's been awhile since I've been excited about my squats, right now my goal is to get back up to my PR.

I can relate, my squats have gotten better, but I was hoping to make more progress with them. I know part of it is mental, between worrying about my back, or being at Jay's and also worrying about space. I get ready to go ham on them, but once I'm doing them I get too cautious.

Just gotta keep practicing my cues, making sure my stance is good each time, stretching, etc. It's been awhile since I've been excited about my squats, right now my goal is to get back up to my PR.
    I have the same goal...get back to PR's on all my lifts except dead which seem to be going OK. All these injuries keep setting me back!

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Re: potatoes one thing you should never do is store them next to onions. They go bad faster. But yeah, sprouted potatoes are so gross! I never buy potatoes in huge sacks, personally, since they're cheap enough that I don't really have to buy them in bulk.

Great job lifting. That really is a ton of volume there brahette. I find squats so draining I typically do them on their own day, or at least paired with only one other lift.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

I have the same goal...get back to PR's on all my lifts except dead which seem to be going OK. All these injuries keep setting me back!
    I hear that. That, and the lightheadedness with deads. I think it's the consistently being low in iron, potassium, or both. It'd explain why it only gets worse on a cut.

Once I get that figured out, then it's just my lower back cooperation to worry about.
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Re: potatoes one thing you should never do is store them next to onions. They go bad faster. But yeah, sprouted potatoes are so gross! I never buy potatoes in huge sacks, personally, since they're cheap enough that I don't really have to buy them in bulk.

Great job lifting. That really is a ton of volume there brahette. I find squats so draining I typically do them on their own day, or at least paired with only one other lift.
    I usually don't get them at all, getting veggies in general is kind of a pain in my ass right now. I was kinda hyped about having some, so that bummed me out.

Thanks, when I first started PHUL it had heavy squats, and deads in the same day. Ugh. That killed me. They had accessories on top of that, and I'd never do them. A few heavies, and one other leg accessory then some upper body seems to work well.

-----

That said, I did get my accessory day done the day I was supposed to. Forgot to post today's routine, and I'm too lazy to get my notebooks. FS is up 5lbs, and felt awesome. I thought my back would be a big issue with deads, because it felt stiff this morning. I was mindful of form, it was ok, but I got lightheaded a few times. Need me some vitamins. >.< It was a good workout though, I got started a bit earlier which tends to help with not rushing or losing motivation.

On a dietary note, I'm not going to bore you guys with the long version (unless anyone is genuinely curious), but my aim to go flexitarian is now to go vegetarian. When I'm able to without starving for lack of ability to buy real food. I managed to do it for just over week straight, and I was feeling really good about it. I'm going to continue to cut back as much as I can in the meantime.

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah I want to get back to PRs on squat and bench, especially squat as my form has been so hit and miss. I find that getting PRs helps the motivation. I've felt a bit stagnant without PRs recently.
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    Yeah I want to get back to PRs on squat and bench, especially squat as my form has been so hit and miss. I find that getting PRs helps the motivation. I've felt a bit stagnant without PRs recently.
    I agree. PRing is like crack. I assume. >.<
    I can't do bench, so I have two lifts I can try to get bigger numbers, unfortunately they're the ones that suffer most because of other crap. I'll get there, can't go the rest of my life without PRs, right?