Page 65 of 78 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 2320
    phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Bees oh my.

One summer we had a hive inside the walls of our house. We had bees all summer in our basement. I figured out were they were getting in and plugged up the area. We also had to spray as it was kind of dangerous for our cats. It became a bee graveyard in our basement.
    *Trying to stay sane and get back to avi status.

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Late to the party... again. Potatoes! One of the most satiating foods out there, and tons of potassium but its in the skin so you gotta eat the skins. Baby potatoes for the win because extra skin!

I'm also going to blow your mind now because... lentil sprouts. You can sprout lentils. Put about a tablespoon in a mason jar and put some screen material around the opening, ideally under the ring/lid thing. You want there to be air cicrulation. Now, put some water in the jar on the lentils, swirl it around, and then dump out the water and turn the jar upside down on a dish rack or something. get them wet every day and then in a few days you will have lentil sprouts. They are quite delicious on egg salad.
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm alive! Laptop crapped out, so I wasn't on much of anything for awhile. This means I have a proper keyboard too, so I can type again!

Not a lot of exciting news, but I did learn that when my back is fully cooperating, my squats don't suck! I was starting to feel a little defeated recently like I'm too weak for how long I've been lifting, but my last session I did 61 for 12 twice, then 71 for 10 twice. When my back is sore I struggle with reaching half that many reps, but now I know the strength is there, and I just gotta deal with the chittier days.

Also, I finally got some new leggings (maybe that's what really helped the squats, lol). I've complained before that I disliked wearing mine because they're so scratchy feeling, and uncomfortable, and in hindsight I disliked the capri cut. Now I've got a pair of navy ones that were also super cheap, but way better quality. They feel really nice, and I don't hate putting them on now. A few people said to size down, so between that and some of the reviews that included measurements I went with a small, and they fit but they're not squat proof. I think a medium would have been better as far as that goes, but they're still comfy, and I workout at home (and if I workout in public I prefer to have a sweater on my waist anyway), so it's no big deal. If anyone wants to check them out: Link.

Originally Posted by phoenix4444 View Post
    Bees oh my.

One summer we had a hive inside the walls of our house. We had bees all summer in our basement. I figured out were they were getting in and plugged up the area. We also had to spray as it was kind of dangerous for our cats. It became a bee graveyard in our basement.
    Poor bees. But gotta consider the cats too. At least ours don't get in too bad, mostly a few here, and there with the occasional mini-hive on my screen, lol.
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Late to the party... again. Potatoes! One of the most satiating foods out there, and tons of potassium but its in the skin so you gotta eat the skins. Baby potatoes for the win because extra skin!

I'm also going to blow your mind now because... lentil sprouts. You can sprout lentils. Put about a tablespoon in a mason jar and put some screen material around the opening, ideally under the ring/lid thing. You want there to be air cicrulation. Now, put some water in the jar on the lentils, swirl it around, and then dump out the water and turn the jar upside down on a dish rack or something. get them wet every day and then in a few days you will have lentil sprouts. They are quite delicious on egg salad.
    I always eat the skins, it's the tastiest part!

Mind blown! That's so awesome, thank you! I can do a bit at a time that way and don't have to worry about them going bad.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fullbody - Deads/Pendlays - Home

Pre: Goblet squats, knee pulls, band work, cat/camel poses

Sumo Deadlifts
    117lbs x 1
    117lbs x 2
    117lbs x 2
    117lbs x 2

Pendlay Rows
    87lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5

Front Squats
    42lbs x 10
    42lbs x 10
    42lbs x 10
    42lbs x 10

DB Shoulder Presses
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 12
    20lbs x 10

Core
    60 Reps

Well, deadlifts were chit today. Back wasn't playing ball despite my attempt to stretch out/loosen up the area beforehand. Also got super lightheaded, but that got better as I went. Maybe it didn't help that I woke up in the middle of the night, had trouble falling back asleep, and had back pain already at that point.

Ain't even mad though, because I thought front squats would be impossible, but they went fantastic. Good depth, focused on pushing evenly through both sides, even felt a bit of quad pump. Killed shoulder presses so well that my arms hurt just holding the weight for side bends after, lol. May not have started well, but finished strong.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Welcome back!

I do cobra pose before every workout for my back. It helps me, but it depends on why your back is annoyed.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice legging find! And welcome back
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    sometimes I find lifting can even HELP with back pain as long as I don't overdo it. Something about warming up the muscles and forcing them to engage properly? Not sure. I do know that activity is the indicated treatment for back pain and inactivity paradoxically makes it worse.

Nice lifting session anyway... all the things I really should be doing myself, very well-balanced with shoulders, back, and hamstrings.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) phoenix4444 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Missed you around here.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome back! Awesome on the leggings. I love squats in comfy tights, those things cradle my butt cheeks like beautiful clouds from the heavens.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Welcome back!

I do cobra pose before every workout for my back. It helps me, but it depends on why your back is annoyed.
    I do it after as part of my stretching, may give it a try before. I'm unsure what exactly the issue is, but I'm sure my bed is a good portion of it and that's not fixable right now. I do know that when I've done squats or deads with back pain then followed up with glute bridges that helped quite a bit (though I rarely remember to do BW bridges in warm up).
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Nice legging find! And welcome back
    Thanks. :3
    Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    sometimes I find lifting can even HELP with back pain as long as I don't overdo it. Something about warming up the muscles and forcing them to engage properly? Not sure. I do know that activity is the indicated treatment for back pain and inactivity paradoxically makes it worse.

Nice lifting session anyway... all the things I really should be doing myself, very well-balanced with shoulders, back, and hamstrings.
    Yeah not lifting for too long can make my back iffy. I think being too sedentary makes it tighten up. I don't think the lifting makes it more aggravated, I just think the effect if most noticeable when I need to actually use my back. I'm sure sitting posture (and aforementioned bad issue) is not helpful so the movement can only be good.

And thanks. I don't have the best options for quad and chest, but they aren't real points of concern (well, I do want strength and some size in quads, but they do get hit enough, just less options for really quad-dominant work). I try to do some push ups each week for chest, while I don't want too much size there I do want to have a decent bench when I can do them regularly.
    Missed you around here.
    Missed you guys as well!
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Welcome back! Awesome on the leggings. I love squats in comfy tights, those things cradle my butt cheeks like beautiful clouds from the heavens.
    You have the best ways of describing things. All my lifting since them has been awesome, I didn't realize how much of a mental game there was when it came to having comfortable gear. Plus with a real elastic band squats feel 100% better, no tightness on my waist taking me out of it when I descend.
    Stretching after feels so much better now too.

---
    Did accessory day yesterday so I wouldn't have to play catch up after starting this week on Tues. I don't have my notebook, but everything went well, I did RDLs instead of glute bridges since I can't do those at Jay's. I'll just do bridges tomorrow, maybe before squats to see if it helps my back.

Jay was looking into maybe upgrading his Explorer (i.e. getting a 2018, new this time), and yesterday we actually when to look at look at our options financially, and I realized I'm kinda attached to our current one. We went to FL in it, VA twice, I took my tests/got my license in it. The thought of driving a new one feels so alien. Plus all the new ones have leather trim seats, and I've always hated leather in cars. Faux leather is a bit better ethically (even pre-V I still never cared for fur or leather, seemed like a chit reason to kill something), but I still don't care for the look, or the burn on a summer day when wearing shorts. We want to save up a bit first so we could have lower payments, because as is it'd be quite a bit higher than his current car payments, even if we leased, so I get to stay attached for awhile longer.
    Also, anyone have any pro/con experiences with leasing by chance? We've never considered it, and there is some upsides, but we'd like to know more if we ever go that route.

Lastly, my mom is so sweet. She's been messaging me about different recipes she's trying (she just found out spaghetti squat is bomb, even though I told her that before lol), and said she's trying to find new stuff to try so she has plenty of options for me for Thanksgiving this year. I said I would have figured out something, but she's really into finding new stuff, particularly stuff she can grow in her new garden. She said it's going to be her biggest Thanksgiving dinner yet, and I just thought it was so nice of her to take me into consideration like that.

But now I kinda want a Thanksgiving feast, and it's only July. T_T
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 07-26-2018 at 05:26 AM.

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    LOL my mom and I start planning our Thanksgiving menus immediately after Thanksgiving ends, while we're still eating leftovers. It's cool that your family is on board with plant-based cooking now, srs. My mom did that for my dad a few years ago when he went full on no-oil vegan for his heart. Not necessarily an easy shift to make if it isn't your habitual cooking style.

I also get you about not liking to change cars, etc. I think us humans don't like big changes in life and yet the way our wold is structured (obsolescence of technology) we kinda have to deal with them.

Oh and re: bench press supposedly floor press isolates pecs even better and all you need is dumbbells so maybe try other chest press variations? There's also bridge press which you could do with the same setup you use for glute bridges (but... less weight).
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    LOL my mom and I start planning our Thanksgiving menus immediately after Thanksgiving ends, while we're still eating leftovers. It's cool that your family is on board with plant-based cooking now, srs. My mom did that for my dad a few years ago when he went full on no-oil vegan for his heart. Not necessarily an easy shift to make if it isn't your habitual cooking style.
    It helps that she is trying to eat more healthy (mostly because she wants to avoid counting calories, and thinks that'll do the job without maintaining a deficit, but it is what it is), so she's really enjoying finding new foods and recipes with nutrient rich foods.

I also get you about not liking to change cars, etc. I think us humans don't like big changes in life and yet the way our wold is structured (obsolescence of technology) we kinda have to deal with them.
    Can confirm, I am very comfortable being comfortable. lol

Oh and re: bench press supposedly floor press isolates pecs even better and all you need is dumbbells so maybe try other chest press variations? There's also bridge press which you could do with the same setup you use for glute bridges (but... less weight).
    I tried them before, and didn't really like them. The ROM felt too weird, and I didn't feel my chest working much (though I do only have 20's). I heard they're more of a tricep exercise. Haven't heard of bridge presses though. I'm not too worried, I want a decent bench and wouldn't mind some decline hypertrophy work, but I'm scared of putting on much upper chest muscle. I know it's a slow process, but it won't take much to be noticeable as my upper chest stays pretty lean. I'll stay bony there in the 140s, it kinda sucks because it makes me look like I'm a lot skinnier than I am, but I don't want that prominent pec cleavage either.

Looked up the bridge press, and it looks like something I'd hate, but will try lol. T-Nation says it's a better ROM than floor press, so I may feel that contraction a bit better. The extra glute isolation doesn't hurt. It's not the day for it, but I'll give it a go to see if I want to try adding it on my accessory day next week. Thanks for the tip!

---
    Oh, and I entered a promo thread. Jay wants to try some new stuff (his fav pwo isn't produced now, his second fav changed formula), so I figured I'd poke around even if I don't expect to find plant-based stuff. He does a lot to help me with being PB, and while I do my best I'm still "mostly vegan" for a few reasons. So I click on a thread for a caffeinated EAA supp (I like caffeine amino mixes as intra, energy boost with a plus), and am surprised to read it's vegan friendly. Of course I'm trying for it, it's a win-win for me. Not quite what Jay's looking for, but he likes to try anything.

Fullbody - Squats/OHP - Home

Pre: Knee Pulls, Band Work, Cat/Camel Poses, Cobra Pose

Glute Bridges & Thrusts
    117lbs x Hold 10sec + 10 Thrusts
    117lbs x Hold 10sec + 8 Thrusts
    117lbs x Hold 10sec + 8 Thrusts
    117lbs x Hold 10sec + 6 Thrusts

Squats
    77lbs x 8
    82lbs x 4
    82lbs x 3
    xxx

OHP
    52lbs x 8
    57lbs x 4
    57lbs x 4
    57lbs x 4

Core:
    60 Reps

Welp, nothing was helping my back today. Had to skip the last set of squats, because the last one didn't feel great. I'm happy about the 77 x 8 though, I may just stick to volume for awhile until I can do more about the back issue. Unless I have an exceptionally good, pain free day. I should be damn good at them by the time I'm ready to go for the 1-5 range again.

Thrusts are just killer, I like still doing a hold first, because it seems to really wear them out to pair an isolation with the full movement.

Tried the bridge presses, shoulder wasn't having it today, but they do feel better than floor presses. On days I do chest and my shoulder is alright, I want to try to remember to include them. Made a note in my tracking notebook.

Everything else went ok, wanted to do more with OHP, but 57 felt pretty heavy today. Last week I accidentally did my first two sets at 61lbs, because I miscalculated the weights, I was supposed to start at 51lbs, lol. OHP can be a bit inconsistent at times like that.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice job getting it done. I might have to look up the bridge press. Have recently tried out floor press and it's quite awkward to try and do, especially without spotters. Or that has been my experience thus far. All upper body is a bit inconsistent for me. One week it's easy as pie next week not even close or mid lift the arms are just like "and nope". Still good to keep pushing it.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome work Luna! Yeah OHP can go back and forth for me too, that's a touchy lift. Sometimes I wish I could just have wts put on the bar without me knowing how much it is (as long as it's within a working range for me) and just go to it. Sometimes we psych ourselves out thinking about the numbers instead of just doing "as much as I can do."
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Nice job getting it done. I might have to look up the bridge press. Have recently tried out floor press and it's quite awkward to try and do, especially without spotters. Or that has been my experience thus far. All upper body is a bit inconsistent for me. One week it's easy as pie next week not even close or mid lift the arms are just like "and nope". Still good to keep pushing it.
    It's still a bit awkward, but I did it with DBs. A bar would be easier to set up as you're able to hip thrust it up anyway. That's the theory anyway, going to try it when my shoulder is better (i.e. I stop sleeping on it).
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Awesome work Luna! Yeah OHP can go back and forth for me too, that's a touchy lift. Sometimes I wish I could just have wts put on the bar without me knowing how much it is (as long as it's within a working range for me) and just go to it. Sometimes we psych ourselves out thinking about the numbers instead of just doing "as much as I can do."
    I agree, it's hard to always go totally ham on lifts, especially if you are still progressing. Like "I did 8 reps last week, so 10 is fine" even if you could do 12.

As long as I still kick ass, and get swole up, I'm alright.
    ----

I want to note that while my consistency is fine, my drive is still a bit "meh" most of the time. I'm in a spot where I just know how the process goes, it takes a long time, just keep chugging along. My goals are basically bulk this long, cut that long, repeat. Which is fine for long term goals, but I don't have short term goals (aside from how much to gain a month lol), and I think that'd help a bit. Unfortunately just adding to my lifts is hard because my main that I can do (DL and squats) vary based on my back issues, so it's not like I can always consistently add "x" lbs to the bar weekly and hit strength goals/PRs relatively often.
    So I don't know what goals to add, but it's something I'm thinking about. I am glad it's such a habit that I do it anyway, but I think having some sort of focus wouldn't hurt.

Wait you are vegan now? How in the hell did I miss that.

I would feel the same way about getting a new vehicle. It will be a sad day when my old Jeep dies.

Fullbody - Deadlifts/Pendlays - Home

Pre: Goblet squats, Back Stretches, Band Work, Clamshells (Missed These)

Sumo Deadlifts
    117lbs x 3
    117lbs x 4
    117lbs x 5
    117lbs x 5

Pendlay Rows
    87lbs x 5
    92lbs x 4
    92lbs x 4
    92lbs x 4

Front Squats
    47lbs x 10
    47lbs x 8
    47lbs x 8
    47lbs x 8

DB Shoulder Press
    20lbs x 14
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 8

Core:
    80 Reps

Hip shifting a lot on DLs, but it got better. Overall it wasn't bad for a crap back day. Everything else went well, upped the weight on front squats, and fortunately those were cooperating today.

Wait you are vegan now? How in the hell did I miss that.
    I try, I started experimenting with more plant based eating at the end of December, one thing led to another, and now I'd say I'm "mostly vegan" with the intention of going entirely when able. Like, I can't do everything cruelty free yet, but I do my best. Outside of when I was first trying it, I've tried not to mention it too much because I don't want to be "that guy" who drives people nuts talking about it all the time. Lol.

I would feel the same way about getting a new vehicle. It will be a sad day when my old Jeep dies.
    The dealership guy said he was going to see what he could do to get the payment to closer to Jay's current payments, but we haven't heard anything. As much as I'm attached to our current car, I know Jay really wants to get something new. It's so unlikely though, it's like a $200 difference.

---
    Side notes: I won! I get to try the Amino Synergy I mentioned!

Also, I just watched a show yesterday where someone was making black eyed pea fritters, and as soon as I can afford a food processor I need to try them, they sound awesome. I want to learn to do more with chickpeas too, I was roasting them for snacks, but my dad managed to break the oven. T_T

Nice lifting, and you gals and your core work. I can do 45 reps at the most, that is if I am motivated to do it.

Ah, I understand why you did not want to make a big deal about eating more plant based. Hey I am down with what anyone wants to do with their diet. The problem with some vegans is the aggressiveness with anyone else who shares a different opinion. I sub to this one channel called Vegetable Police. Came across him when I was doing research on omad. subbed because he was funny and weird and I didn't give a rats ass that he was vegan. Well the reason he went vegan in the first place is because he was trying to heal his gut issues. Spent 10 years trying to heal himself and nothing worked. Recently he did a carnivore diet and immediately felt relief from gut issues. Many of his vegan audience went nutsoid. The poor guy just wanted to be healed and got crucified.

Edit-full on carnivores can be just as bad.

Black eyed fritters sound awesome. I do hope you can get yourself a food processor then you can make falafel too. I had them today, unfortunately they did not do my gut any favors.
    Last edited by phoenix4444; 07-30-2018 at 11:54 PM.

Nice lifting, and you gals and your core work. I can do 45 reps at the most, that is if I am motivated to do it.
    I just do it little, and often. Usually it's two things per session, unless I plank because that's fluffin' enough. lol.
    Ah, I understand why you did not want to make a big deal about eating more plant based. Hey I am down with what anyone wants to do with their diet. The problem with some vegans is the aggressiveness with anyone else who shares a different opinion. I sub to this one channel called Vegetable Police. Came across him when I was doing research on omad. subbed because he was funny and weird and I didn't give a rats ass that he was vegan. Well the reason he went vegan in the first place is because he was trying to heal his gut issues. Spent 10 years trying to heal himself and nothing worked. Recently he did a carnivore diet and immediately felt relief from gut issues. Many of his vegan audience went nutsoid. The poor guy just wanted to be healed and got crucified.

Edit-full on carnivores can be just as bad.
    Yeah, it was the less aggressive ones that made the topic more approachable for me. I agree that whatever diet one wants to do is their business (I mean, outside of genuine health concerns for family, I don't think my 14 year old brother should have a coffee, and Ramen diet). I know a lot of people on either side can be quite intolerant of the others, so I keep it mostly to myself unless it comes up. Outside of my initial experimenting with it, and sharing how I felt, I don't think I've used the "v" word too much, lol.

I hope general attitudes get better about it, it's awkward for me because of my anxiety issues, being non-confrontational, and generally preferring to fly under the radar. Like it's not a big deal to me, why should it be to others. It's not so bad though, I don't have much of a social life so most of who knows is Jay, my parents and siblings, and some online friends. Got a few comments from my dad, my oldest younger brother was a bit of a chit (barely see him though), and my mom just wanted to know where my calcium comes from lol.

Black eyed fritters sound awesome. I do hope you can get yourself a food processor then you can make falafel too. I had them today, unfortunately they did not do my gut any favors.
    Yeah there's a few recipes I have saved that call for one, including "ice cream" from frozen bananas, and P. I'd settle for just having a blender at the moment though, when I have greens, and sprouts I like knowing I can use them up faster that way if they're not going to last. Easy way to use my unflavored protein too. Plus I wouldn't mind something fruity in the morning when I'm not in the mood for oatmeal (even if PB is my life).

I'd also like a cheap wok, the pans we have aren't great for pan frying stuff.

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There's part of me that thinks about going vegetarian again, well, actually pescetarian (sp?) lol. For two years I stuck to fish, but called myself veggie when I know full-well fish is meat.I don't know why!

I'm not sure what holds me back. I admire you for going plant-based
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

Fullbody - Accessories - Home

Pre: Goblet squats, band stuff, back stretches.

Glute Bridges/Thrusts
    117lbs x 10sec + 8 Thrusts
    117lbs x 10sec + 6 Thrusts

Split Squats
    47lbs x 12
    47lbs x 12
    47lbs x 10
    47lbs x 10
    Sets 1 & 2 alternating sides, back to back, same with 3 & 4

Seated DB Curls
    20lbs x 10
    20lbs x 8
    20lbs x 7

Tricep Overhead Ext
    10lbs x 15
    10lbs x 13
    10lbs x 10

Bridge Press
    40lbs x 6

Core
    60 Reps

Better job on bridge press form, a bit weird trying to pinch my shoulder blades in that position. Shoulder wasn't totally on board, but I managed to get a few out, and focused on squeezing at the top as well. Everything else went pretty standard, just accessory stuff.

---
    Other stuff: I only have online resources for brushing up on/learning more Spanish (i.e. I just use duolingo), and since I get a little bummed that I can't always use it, like when Jay has off work, I'm going to make flash cards with the words I'm learning on there, plus some of the stuff from middle/high school/general vocab, like colors, household items, body parts, foods, etc.

My dad picked up some new Gamecube games (came with the controller he needed), so I got into playing Crash again, before I realized I really want to play FFX again.

Oh, and I found out a small food processor only costs about $20, so I'm thinking that may come first after all. A personal size blender is $15, but I can only really do smoothies with it. With a processor I can make fritters, various patties (including trying my hand at black bean burgers), frozen banana ice cream, and smoothie bowls, so it'd be a lot more versatile. One youtuber I follow is always using hers for fun stuff, so I'd have some good ideas to start with.

Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    There's part of me that thinks about going vegetarian again, well, actually pescetarian (sp?) lol. For two years I stuck to fish, but called myself veggie when I know full-well fish is meat.I don't know why!

I'm not sure what holds me back. I admire you for going plant-based
    Sometimes it's easier to pick a slightly different label than explaining it, especially if you don't eat fish often, because then it's mostly accurate anyway. Though if the environment is one of the reason you'd consider cutting back on meats, I'd go with poultry as your meat source since fishing is so hard on our oceans right now. Of course, if that's not a factor, then from a health standpoint it's a good diet.

And thanks, it's been surprisingly easy, but I never ate much red meat anyway, and I've been enjoying a lot of the substitutes (and lots of beans and peanut butter :3). It can be harder depending on personal tastes, and availability of certain foods though. It can also be pretty daunting when you think of it as "I'll never eat x, y, or z again," for me it was a slow transition taking it one day at a time, so it wasn't so overwhelming. I'd never tell anyone they need to go veggie/vegan, or even flexitarian, but just incorporating more plant based foods/meals throughout the week is never a bad idea. My food pinterest board has some good recipes if you ever want to check some out.

I really appreciate everyone being positive about it, it is a BB forum after all, so I thought there may be at least one "but what about the gains" skeptical comment, lol. You guys are awesome.