Page 4 of 78 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast
    thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GingerHanna View Post
    I think I need to spend some time looking at rows. I just do 1 arm DB rows right now, resting knee and hand on the bench... but finding grip strength is starting to become an issue now I'm at 16kg. Time for some more research!.
    Versa Grips are the best grip assist ever invented, srs. Expensive I know, my current pair have lasted 3 or 4 yrs so far. I use those on pull ups, db rows, Hammer Strength lifts, Lat pulls. You go from getting stuck at a wt because you can't hang on to it to adding oodles of wt and being able to do 3-5 rep sets. It legit lets you focus on working your back/arms and there is zero chance of grip failure. I've done straps before but they're a mega pain in the ass to keep setting up tightly.

Try em, if you guys don't like Versa Grips then I'll majestically gallop through the gym in a wedding dress riding a donkey.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Grip has been becoming an issue for me too, which is why I ordered some cheap straps online to see if they help. I know, cheap isn't always good, but the reviews checked out, and I'm not spending "actual" money on them, so it's not a loss if they suck or I hate using them, lol.

Yeah they do work well, which is also why they suck. lol.

Got my True Grit review up, and hopefully it's all ok, and what they were looking for. If anyone's interested: Link.

I gotta mow the lawn n' chit so I'll get my workout, and rack pic up a little later.
    Nice review

I've never tried a pre-workout. What might lead someone to want to try one? I'm just wondering if I should consider it although I can be caffeine sensitive so I don't want to be bouncing off the walls ha ha!
    - Fallen Angel -

Journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169571783

Training PRs: 170/104/260
    Meet PRs: 149/93/220

Goals: 200/132/300

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Lower Power - Home

Glute Bridges
    87lbs x 60sec
    87lbs x 60sec
    87lbs x 60sec

Squats
    97lbs x 5
    97lbs x 5
    97lbs x 5

Sumo Deadlifts
    127lbs x 3
    127lbs x 3
    127lbs x 3

Bulgarian Split Squats
    42lbs x 8 Per Side
    42lbs x 8 "
    42lbs x 8 "

So today went well. Got to try out the True Grit pre finally, still didn't sit well with my stomach, but it seems most pres do that. Didn't used to be an issues, but whatever, it sill worked well. My full review is in the post up there ^ but, in short, the focus really helped me out. I was more mindful of my glutes activating during bridges, not putting more load on the hammies, and my deadlifts were way better. Reset well each time, and got a good drive through my glutes, and hammies.

Squat posts did what they needed to. So paranoid that the bar will flip when I'm loading on a rack, no matter the weight of the bar. It didn't though, so I'm good. >.< Don't know how high I can go with it, but 97lbs is a solid start. One bucket bubbled a bit because the ground wasn't flat, but it turns out it's pretty irrelevant since my floor is so uneven the flat bucket doesn't sit right either. Oh well, stuffing the gap with old t-shirts seems to work well enough. You'll see what I mean in the picture:

The hooks are a little cockeyed, but I didn't do that part. Still works, still beats BB hack squats. Oh, and that's just where they were sitting at the time, I had to move them to space them out, and get them where I needed. It was just more convenient for the picture to have them together.

Also I'm trying swai today. Better be good stuff, because they did have tilapia this time, but I went with Phoenix's recommendation.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FallenAngel80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Lower Power - Home

Glute Bridges
    87lbs x 60sec
    87lbs x 60sec
    87lbs x 60sec

Squats
    97lbs x 5
    97lbs x 5
    97lbs x 5

Sumo Deadlifts
    127lbs x 3
    127lbs x 3
    127lbs x 3

Bulgarian Split Squats
    42lbs x 8 Per Side
    42lbs x 8 "
    42lbs x 8 "

So today went well. Got to try out the True Grit pre finally, still didn't sit well with my stomach, but it seems most pres do that. Didn't used to be an issues, but whatever, it sill worked well. My full review is in the post up there ^ but, in short, the focus really helped me out. I was more mindful of my glutes activating during bridges, not putting more load on the hammies, and my deadlifts were way better. Reset well each time, and got a good drive through my glutes, and hammies.

Squat posts did what they needed to. So paranoid that the bar will flip when I'm loading on a rack, no matter the weight of the bar. It didn't though, so I'm good. >.< Don't know how high I can go with it, but 97lbs is a solid start. One bucket bubbled a bit because the ground wasn't flat, but it turns out it's pretty irrelevant since my floor is so uneven the flat bucket doesn't sit right either. Oh well, stuffing the gap with old t-shirts seems to work well enough. You'll see what I mean in the picture:
    Nice lifts, Luna

Squat posts looking good, love the wording
    - Fallen Angel -

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Not sure how much those cheaper ones are, but remember the mason jar trick
    As low as ~$15. I'll remember! I can also get a pack of them and make smoothies I can keep in the fridge so I don't have to make one every time.

And thanks for the comment on my review thread.
    Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Versa Grips are the best grip assist ever invented, srs. Expensive I know, my current pair have lasted 3 or 4 yrs so far. I use those on pull ups, db rows, Hammer Strength lifts, Lat pulls. You go from getting stuck at a wt because you can't hang on to it to adding oodles of wt and being able to do 3-5 rep sets. It legit lets you focus on working your back/arms and there is zero chance of grip failure. I've done straps before but they're a mega pain in the ass to keep setting up tightly.

Try em, if you guys don't like Versa Grips then I'll majestically gallop through the gym in a wedding dress riding a donkey.
    I would, but I have chit for cash at the moment.... or most of the time.... I'm perpetually broke. >.< I think those are the ones PR mentioned too. I do want to invest in a pair when I can, because they seem popular, and easier to use.
    Originally Posted by FallenAngel80 View Post
    Nice review

I've never tried a pre-workout. What might lead someone to want to try one? I'm just wondering if I should consider it although I can be caffeine sensitive so I don't want to be bouncing off the walls ha ha!
    Thanks. :3
    It depends, many people don't need one, well, no one needs one, but there are different kinds for different effects. Some are more focused on pump, and increasing your reps/weight, like nitric oxide boosters. Some are primarily stimulants, in which case you'd definitely be off the wall. Some give you more focus, and it sorta makes you more mindful of your workout.

Basically if you can get through your workouts, and don't want to spend money on more supps, then you're fine without them. If you need a pick me up, or are looking for something to assist with your workouts, then you can try a few and see if you like them, and what works best for you.

For me it's a few things. I like ones that help with focus, it helps me to not rush things, and focus on form, and activation. I also dig the ones that give you a good pump because by the end of my workout my muscles feel consistently flexed, lol. Plus when I take it I know I'm not putting it off, supps are expensive (even cheaper ones add up over time), and I'm not wasting them, even free.

Nice lifts, Luna

Squat posts looking good, love the wording
    Yeah, I could have gotten cheaper buckets at Walmart, but then they don't tell me "let's do this" and that's not as awesome. >.<

JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JenSTL4 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Love the squat rack! And the buckets are just perfect!

Ditto Hammie on the versa grips. They are awesome! Hope you cash situation improves so you can get a pair of them

Oh..I love swai!! I'm not much of a fish person, but swai is one that I will tolerate.

Great work out today!!
    My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159386641

2018 goals:
    Lift more than I did in 2017, which won't be hard because I haven't lifted much since March 2017
    Build back the muscle I lost while I went through a "I hate lifting" phase
    Love lifting again

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

The hooks are a little cockeyed, but I didn't do that part. Still works, still beats BB hack squats. Oh, and that's just where they were sitting at the time, I had to move them to space them out, and get them where I needed. It was just more convenient for the picture to have them together.
    Cool squat station! Assuming you're using an Olympic barbell as long as it's set up where the hooks grab right inside where the collars you should be ok as far as not creating crazy tipping points. I have seen people use sawhorses as well for safety/bail out points (with something sticking up on the ends so if the bar is set there it doesn't roll off into the great abyss lol.)
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Oooh I am liking your squat rack!!!
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

Cool squat station! Assuming you're using an Olympic barbell as long as it's set up where the hooks grab right inside where the collars you should be ok as far as not creating crazy tipping points. I have seen people use sawhorses as well for safety/bail out points (with something sticking up on the ends so if the bar is set there it doesn't roll off into the great abyss lol.)
    Thanks, and yep, Oly bar. Only 6ft, but close enough, lol.

Sawhorses would actually be a relatively cheap solution. My plan was to, at some point, get a couple 2x4s and rig something together. either way it'll be a wait, so for now I just squat right next to my bed. Kinda like doing box squats with it being there, and it's ok if I have to drop the weight on it because it's a piece of **** I rarely use anyway. lol
    Originally Posted by viccles007 View Post
    Oooh I am liking your squat rack!!!
    Thanks. And here I was nervous about posting it, because I thought it'd look like chit. >.<
    Originally Posted by JenSTL4 View Post
    Love the squat rack! And the buckets are just perfect!

Ditto Hammie on the versa grips. They are awesome! Hope you cash situation improves so you can get a pair of them

Oh..I love swai!! I'm not much of a fish person, but swai is one that I will tolerate.

Great work out today!!
    Thanks.
    Yeah, my mental situation needs to improve so I can improve my cash situation. Fluffin' illogical, irrational, anxiety disorder bullchit.

I found it interesting, I like the taste, but the texture was different than I'm used to with tilapia. It's not a bad texture though, just unusual. At least now I know I like more than one kind of fish, so I have another option at the store.

viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000) viccles007 is a name known to all. (+5000)

Yeah, my mental situation needs to improve so I can improve my cash situation. Fluffin' illogical, irrational, anxiety disorder bullchit.
    Oh I hear you there. Sometimes wish I could put a fork through my head with some of the illogical, irrational crap my brain comes up with.
    Instagram: vicclesloveskarate
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170156703&p=1416249753#post1416249753
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166758171
    Old log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157799473&highlight=Vic%27s+log

Originally Posted by viccles007 View Post
    Oh I hear you there. Sometimes wish I could put a fork through my head with some of the illogical, irrational crap my brain comes up with.
    I swear every time I'm about to drive, I'm half convinced I'm about to kill someone. >.<

Resident in the Skynet lowroller21212's Avatar
    lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lowroller21212 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    [B] 97lbs is a solid start. One bucket bubbled a bit because the ground wasn't flat, but it turns out it's pretty irrelevant since my floor is so uneven the flat bucket doesn't sit right either. Oh well, stuffing the gap with old t-shirts seems to work well enough. You'll see what I mean in the picture:

Also

Nice job putting that together it looks like you had fun with the squat rack project.
    Gabber Crew since 2005

The path of the Warrior is lifelong, and mastery is often simply staying on the path. - Richard S. Heckler

If you wanna make an omelette you gotta break some eggs - Tyler Durden

#FEECTING

Originally Posted by LunaLifts;1456636393
    It depends, many people don't need one, well, no one [i
    needs[/i] one, but there are different kinds for different effects. Some are more focused on pump, and increasing your reps/weight, like nitric oxide boosters. Some are primarily stimulants, in which case you'd definitely be off the wall. Some give you more focus, and it sorta makes you more mindful of your workout.

Basically if you can get through your workouts, and don't want to spend money on more supps, then you're fine without them. If you need a pick me up, or are looking for something to assist with your workouts, then you can try a few and see if you like them, and what works best for you.

For me it's a few things. I like ones that help with focus, it helps me to not rush things, and focus on form, and activation. I also dig the ones that give you a good pump because by the end of my workout my muscles feel consistently flexed, lol. Plus when I take it I know I'm not putting it off, supps are expensive (even cheaper ones add up over time), and I'm not wasting them, even free.
    I do sometimes wonder about my focus. I know I have things going on right now, but in general my mind is often thinking of what I have to do next in my day which means I'm not necessarily focusing fully on what I am doing. I might have a look round and perhaps try and get a few samples just to see what happens. It could be an interesting experience 0_0
    - Fallen Angel -

GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50) GingerHanna will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I'm going to get them just on the chance to get you galloping through a gym in a wedding dress on a donkey, majestically or not!

Thanks for the tip though. I'll track some down this afternoon and get them ordered. Never used any kind of grips or straps before so it's new territory for me. Not even got a belt and still wonder about that!

I do sometimes wonder about my focus. I know I have things going on right now, but in general my mind is often thinking of what I have to do next in my day which means I'm not necessarily focusing fully on what I am doing. I might have a look round and perhaps try and get a few samples just to see what happens. It could be an interesting experience 0_0
    I like l-carnitine for focus, also called acetyl-l-carnitine. True Grit has l-theanine, which is the first time I've used it, and I think that worked well too. It's supposed to help relax you without causing drowsiness.

Originally Posted by GingerHanna View Post
    I'm going to get them just on the chance to get you galloping through a gym in a wedding dress on a donkey, majestically or not!

Thanks for the tip though. I'll track some down this afternoon and get them ordered. Never used any kind of grips or straps before so it's new territory for me. Not even got a belt and still wonder about that!
    Lol.

I've considered getting a belt too, but not sure how comfortable I'd be wearing one. Might get a cheaper one to see how I feel lifting with one, then decide whether or not I want to invest in a better one. Wouldn't be 100% the same because of the materials, but I'd know if I generally don't like having something there during lifts.

Originally Posted by lowroller21212 View Post
    Nice job putting that together it looks like you had fun with the squat rack project.
    Thanks, and yeah it was fun some of the time. The blister I got from mixing the concrete wasn't, lol. Plus I had to saw off the excess at the top with a fluffin' coping saw, so that took about a half hour per post (my right hand has issues, so I had to stop a lot). Had nothing else but a hack saw with a much duller blade. I don't even know why we have one, it's only use is high school shop classes.
    Well, I guess except for when it's the only decent blade you have to chop off the tops of your posts. >.<
    Last edited by LunaLifts; 08-09-2016 at 07:44 AM.

Upper Power - Home

Decline Push ups
    BW x 8
    BW x 8
    BW x 8

Pendlay Rows
    87lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5
    87lbs x 5

OHPs
    47lbs x 10
    47lbs x 10
    47lbs x 8

BB Curl
    42lbs x 10
    42lbs x 10
    42lbs x 10

French Press
    42lbs x 10
    42lbs x 10
    42lbs x 10

Managed to get an extra rep on OHPs! Almost didn't get the last one up, I was thinking my arms would collapse, and I'd have an awful bruise at best. lol. Rows were heavy as chit, I don't think I was 100% ready for that first set, but they got better. I think my hand threw me off, I have a tiny callous under my pinky on my left hand and it hurt like hell at first, still hurt by the end, but I was over it by then.

Everything else went alright. Found that my stomach doesn't disagree with preworkout so much depending on what breakfast is. Had protein powder + oatmeal and didn't get so nauseous. I'd increase the time between when I eat, and when I take it, but I can't eat much sooner, and I can't workout any later. At least I can eat something that's not so bad beforehand, and save eggs for post workout snacking.

jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jsari23 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah for the squat rack!

I just added hip thrusts in my WO 3 weeks ago, I do some bridge or thrust variation at the start of every workout, for those 60 second thrusts are you just doing 3 sets of one rep but holding that for 60 seconds???? (OMG)
    instagram: @mackitten
    cats ;) instagram: @khanthebengal

Currently running PR Bulgarian Method template
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170583541&amp;p=1425289591&amp;viewfull=1#post1425289591

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170108803&pagenumber=

You think you know ... what's to come ... what you are. You haven't even begun.

Originally Posted by jsari23 View Post
    Yeah for the squat rack!

I just added hip thrusts in my WO 3 weeks ago, I do some bridge or thrust variation at the start of every workout, for those 60 second thrusts are you just doing 3 sets of one rep but holding that for 60 seconds???? (OMG)
    Yeah, it's easier for me to hold a lighter weight for longer than it is for me to do high weights for reps. I don't have a bench, a chair doesn't work too well, and forget trying to use a bed, lol.
    I have been working on holding my glutes better the whole time, they tend to try and quit on me towards the end, putting more load on my hammies. While I want good hammies too, my glutes can't be lazy lol.