Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Vulcan One Basic Bushing Barbell Review

I have two pieces of equipment I just outfitted my home gym with and wanted to provide a substantial review for the community. This is a quick review of the Vulcan One Basic Bushing Barbell. Please ask me questions so I can provide any details that may be needed. Also feel free to point out any mistakes with the review.

Specs:

-20kg Olympic barbell
    -28mm shaft diameter
    -190,000 Psi tested and verified tensile strength
    -Dual knurl markings for the functional fitness/crossfit athlete
    -No center knurling
    -Light knurling
    -Fine sleeve grooves
    -Bronze bushings
    -Double snap ring and one piece sleeve construction
    -3 year warranty

Shaft

The Vulcan One sits right at 28 mm. This barbell used to be 28.5 but has changed to 28 mm. I believe this was done to allow more whip on the Olympic lifts. The focus shifted to provide Olympic lifting at a budget price point. With the dual knurl markings on the shaft, I still consider it a multi-purpose barbell.

Sleeves

There is very slight lateral movement noticed when shaking the bar from side to side.

The sleeves are hard chrome which is a premier choice for sleeves. This increases resistance to damage while maintaining that sexy look. Sleeve finish is important as throwing plates on and off your barbell could chip an inferior design.

Bushings

I always look for bronze bushings in this department. The bushings need to be durable and provide adequate spin for potential use during an Olympic lift. The spin on the Vulcan One Basic is smooth and consistent. This barbell has 4 bronze bushings per sleeve.

Knurl

Knurl is always fairly subjective. Coming from a Powerlifting background I enjoy a pretty rough knurl. With that in mind, my assessment is that the knurl is mild to moderate. It is listed as moderate. For an Olympic barbell, this is the exact amount of knurl you would want. This will allow the hands to move around smoothly when needed on those nimble lifts like clean and jerks. Also, high rep activities will not destroy your hands on mild to moderate knurled barbells. Lastly, the knurl goes nearly all the way to the sleeve and lacks any center knurl.

Markings

Like any multipurpose barbell, the Vulcan One is dual knurled. The edges on the knurl are very clean. If you mix up your lifts between Powerlifting and Oly lifts, multi knurl barbells are the way to go.

Vulcan One Basic Olympic Bushing Barbell Review

Finish

This is the hard chrome variant. Hard chrome gives that subtle, clean, and industrial finish that a barbell should have. In case your wondering and having a hard time keeping up with all the finishes, hard chrome, besides aesthetics, provides increased strength to the bar and increases longevity. It’s truly a great finish. I’m not as fond of those zinc finishes and I recognize that is a personal preference. Hard chrome offers a moderate corrosion resistance. It will not peel or cut, offering a very hard finish. Honestly, if I could have any Olympic barbell finish it would be hard chrome. It’s an expensive finish that doesn’t reflect in the price tag and a very nice touch for Vulcan to offer.

Whip

The Vulcan Basic Barbell has a moderate whip under medium loads according to Vulcan. At this entry level price for a quality bar, I wouldn’t expect much in the way of whip. However, I was surprised with how low of weight some whip was exhibited. Again, coming from a Powerlifting background I notice slight whip maybe more than others. If you are wanting significant whip you may need to look at higher end models. From my experience, the whip is surprising at this price point. This barbell used to be made in 28.5 mm diameter, but now it sits at 28. I believe this has increased its whip, purely speculation as I do not have the previous barbell to compare to.

Vulcan One Basic Womens 15kg Bushing Barbell

This barbell also comes in the women’s 15kg version. I don’t have this barbell for an actual review bit I can help point out the differences so that the male version offers some support in the decision.

Besides the lower weight in the womens version, this version has two variants. The black zinc version and the hard chrome version. Hard chrome will run you $15 more. I highly recommend the hard chrome for not only aesthetics but also durability. The only other difference is that the shaft is 25 mm in diameter which assists smaller hands in properly wrapping around the bar.

Pros

Hard chrome finish is amazing

Offers decent whip for this price range

Great price

Cons

I can’t really think of any. Barbell tubes are hard to open? I don’t expect this barbell to have the refinements of a needle bearing $400 barbell. Therefore, my expectations were more than met.

This is an entry level to intermediate barbell that I believe warrants attention. Not for the hardcore Oluy lifters but for those wanting a more affordable solution instead. A barbell like this, if properly cared for, offers a lifetime of use although it is only warrantied for 3 years. If your looking for an entry level to intermediate budget AND quality barbell, then I believe, The Vulcan One Basic Bushing Barbell will be an excellent choice that you will not be disappointed in. Afain, any questions or complaints feel free to let me know.

Barbell item page link http://www.vulcanstrength.com/The-On...p/v1basbar.htm

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Beyondhomegym View Post
    image codes fixed, you need to use brackets instead of arrows. thanks for the review.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Stasher1 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    This right here is enough of a reason for me to scratch this bar off my list...

3 Year Warranty from bending, breaking, or sleeves departing or seizing. Misuse, abuse, or disassemble voids warranty. This bar is not recommended or warrantied for commercial gym or CrossFit gym use.

Most bars in that price range are suitable for use in commercial gyms, and many come with lifetime warranties. I'm a big fan of Lynx Barbell, and their Hybrid Bearing Bar is in this same price range, has very similar specs, carries a lifetime warranty, and is currently in use in numerous commercial gyms/boxes throughout the country.

http://www.lynxbarbell.com/products/hybrid-bearing-bar
    "What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

"An adult male weighs at least 200 pounds." - Mark Rippetoe

▪█──█▪ Equipment Crew #44 ▪█──█▪

||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #11 ||---||

Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Stasher1 View Post
    This right here is enough of a reason for me to scratch this bar off my list...

Most bars in that price range are suitable for use in commercial gyms, and many come with lifetime warranties. I'm a big fan of Lynx Barbell, and their Hybrid Bearing Bar is in this same price range, has very similar specs, carries a lifetime warranty, and is currently in use in numerous commercial gyms/boxes throughout the country.

http://www.lynxbarbell.com/products/hybrid-bearing-bar
    Lynx bar looks legit. I would say most companies with these entry level bars offer a similiar or even lesser warranty. Although substanial I found this on the lynx wesbite:

"Warranty will be assessed on a case-by-case basis. "Lifetime" is considered to be 10 years from the date of purchase and to the original owner."

Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    image codes fixed, you need to use brackets instead of arrows. thanks for the review.
    I noticed that right after I posted...sorry

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Nice review. Thanks for taking the time to do the write-up. Congrats and good luck with it.
    ▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪
    ▪()()-----()()▪ York Barbell Club #83 (DD) ▪()()-----()()▪
    ▪▪█─────█▪▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #83 ▪▪█─────█▪▪
    ▪[M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #14 ▪[M]===[6]▪

Seeking: Knowledge