IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question What is the benefit of using power twister bar?

What body parts get benefits of using power twister bar please? While doing regular As following:

/*
    * @Serious Injury:
    * - 01/01/1998: Trained martial art
    * - 01/01/2003: Stop sports completely, Senior software developer, constantly working 20 hours a day.
    * - 17/07/2015: Joined Gym
    * - 17/08/2015: L5-S1 Hernia: Since started to leg press 280Kg (heavyweight lifting was stupid)
    * - 01/04/2016: Without surgery i fixed my Hernia doing cardio, stop heavyweight lifting
    */

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    looks to be full body from this pic:
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ffrink is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    This classic device is guaranteed to attract at least two California blondes in bikinis, at least for a photo shoot.
    ++++++++

"The strong take from the weak but the smart take from the strong." - Pete Carril's father

IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10) IamLoving is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Domicron View Post
    Please, correct me if i am wrong.

Possible benefit:

1 - burn fat? (as cardio)
    2 - upper chest? side chest?
    3 - less traps?
    4 - shoulder front?

Possible injury/numbness?

/*
    * @Serious Injury:
    * - 01/01/1998: Trained martial art
    * - 01/01/2003: Stop sports completely, Senior software developer, constantly working 20 hours a day.
    * - 17/07/2015: Joined Gym
    * - 17/08/2015: L5-S1 Hernia: Since started to leg press 280Kg (heavyweight lifting was stupid)
    * - 01/04/2016: Without surgery i fixed my Hernia doing cardio, stop heavyweight lifting
    */

Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have one similar to the one Arnold used, that I actually received from a wrestling legend, Norm Young, who was a national champ in freestyle, collegiate and I think even Greco in the 60's. The fact that Norm, Arnie and various other people who clearly know their stuff and are in great shape use the classic version pretty much vindicates its utility, in my book. I also have two other power twisters, an 80 kg one and a 100 kg one. As far as I know, the super-heavy power twisters are something of a new "twist" on this piece of equipment and come with a different set of variables. The good thing about them is that they can offer greater resistance, but my experience with the heavy power twisters is that overuse can be pretty rough on the joints, as can the whiplash of a failed rep where they snap forcefully back into position.

PS--I know I am resurrecting a very old thread here, but given the scarcity of heavy power twisters, I'm--I think understandably--eager to find anyone else's two cents on the matter.

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ehhh, I don't think it's anything special. It was a marketable gimmicky item from the '70s era. I'd categorize it right there with the spring stretchy thingies from even earlier. They exist because they don't take up space and your grandmother can buy you one imo. I don't recall Arnold using one anywhere in his real training in Pumping Iron, only in that advertisement for Weider.

gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) gym62richard is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    Ehhh, I don't think it's anything special. It was a marketable gimmicky item from the '70s era. I'd categorize it right there with the spring stretchy thingies from even earlier. They exist because they don't take up space and your grandmother can buy you one imo. I don't recall Arnold using one anywhere in his real training in Pumping Iron, only in that advertisement for Weider.
    I'd agree, back in the 70's was no different to today, we were already being bombarded with so many miracle muscle building devices, chest expanders,Bullworkers etc.

Of course most of these devices being advertised had the backing of
    the likes of Arnie and other strength athletes aligned with the Wider's.

Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Murser is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    That’s for weaklings who don’t yet bend rebar.

Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Domicron has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Kforcer View Post
    I have one similar to the one Arnold used, that I actually received from a wrestling legend, Norm Young, who was a national champ in freestyle, collegiate and I think even Greco in the 60's. The fact that Norm, Arnie and various other people who clearly know their stuff and are in great shape use the classic version pretty much vindicates its utility, in my book. I also have two other power twisters, an 80 kg one and a 100 kg one. As far as I know, the super-heavy power twisters are something of a new "twist" on this piece of equipment and come with a different set of variables. The good thing about them is that they can offer greater resistance, but my experience with the heavy power twisters is that overuse can be pretty rough on the joints, as can the whiplash of a failed rep where they snap forcefully back into position.

PS--I know I am resurrecting a very old thread here, but given the scarcity of heavy power twisters, I'm--I think understandably--eager to find anyone else's two cents on the matter.
    Arnold holding one in a photo doesn't mean that he used one for his gains, though.
    Domicron's Basement Gym and Fun House
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1451901723&viewfull=1#post1451901723

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #60

Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10) Kforcer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Murser View Post
    That’s for weaklings who don’t yet bend rebar.
    Solid point.

daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) daniel327 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kforcer View Post

given the scarcity of heavy power twisters, I'm--I think understandably--eager to find anyone else's two cents on the matter.
    Not scarce at my place. It's so useful that you can have it if you like. Just pay for the shipping.

tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50) tombro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Dan I can have one too?

Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    Not scarce at my place. It's so useful that you can have it if you like. Just pay for the shipping.
    I have three, actually--one that was given to me by a mentor from wrestling and two "heavy" resistance ones I bought recently, an 80 KG and a 100 KG. I actually might buy the 110 KG one off of Amazon, but the shipping is steep on it. I work long hours at my current job--doing security--and often have quite a bit of downtime. Therefore, portable, unobtrusive workout equipment holds quite a bit of utility for me.