pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100) pommesUNDwurst is not very well liked. (-100)

DIY weight and dumbbell rack

Since I am to cheap to pay for a gym-membership I train in the attic of a dorm where I lifed earlier in my student career. They aquired quite some weights over the years, but the place was a mess overall.
    So I decided to build a rack, just to get a little bit of a system into the stuff that was laying around all over the place. I went on a lookout for cheap wood and materials. Most of it I got from old furniture and the waste or scrap (I don't know how to call it in english) of the nearby sawmill. I had to pay for some of the stuff, especially the thicker wood from the sawmill. But it came cheap, summing up to about 20-30€ if you take the consumables into account.

I didn't want to invest to much time into it and didn't really care about the looks. My biggest concern was to make it as stable and durable as possible, wich was achieved. I am pretty happy with the result and most importantly: the mess is gone

Let me know what you think about it. And if you have any questions, feel free to ask.
    Attached Images

dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000) dieselmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Looks great. Very nice and functional. Goal was to clean up the clutter. Seems you did that. Only thing that caught my eye was that the DB handles are laying on the wood. For light DB's not a big deal. But with heavier ones, picking up and placing them back down can be a little tricky without trapping a finger. I'm not criticizing as who am I to say as I'm not taking on any project like this.

Did you notch the wood where the barbells and curl bars sit as to not roll? Tough to see for sure in the pics.

▪█──────█▪ Equipment Crew #64 ▪█──────█▪
    ▪()()-----()()▪ York Barbell Club #83 (DD) ▪()()-----()()▪
    ▪▪█─────█▪▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #83 ▪▪█─────█▪▪
    ▪[M]===[6]▪ Mech6 Crew #14 ▪[M]===[6]▪

Seeking: Knowledge