Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40
Results 1,171 to 1,184 of 1184
    jerichoninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi,

I'm new here. Actually, I signed up just to ask this question, but seems to be a good community here.

Anyway, Im 33 years old, 5' 6'' and I fluctuate between 170 and 180. Ive maintained my athletic build and broad shoulders but have managed to become flabby. Newly forming love handles, chest fat especially on the edges etc.... Youve heard this one before. I was kind of a freak athlete in high school. At age 16 I was 5' 5'' 160 lbs and benching around 300, running a 4.6 40, you get the picture.

So, the dillema I have here is that I love to exercise. The wife and I work opposite schedules and have a toddler so I am absolutely restricted to working out at home. I own maxi climber which I love for cardio and sets of 5, 10, and 20 lb dumbells. Simple enough, right?

Well freak athleticism aside, I found out around the time that my joints were bad. Very bad. I was born pigeon toed so of course my hips are shifted slightly inward. I stand correctly now but my hips dont.

I had shoulders that liked to come out of socket which Ive had both surgically repaired. They still kind of suck. These were my freshman and junior years. My senior year after finding some level of credence and maintainable shoulders (i guess i should have noted that i played football and thjs exassperated my unknowingy awful joints), my senior year i finally earned a spot on the defensive line and long story short i dislocated my kneecap and a piece of the cap broke and that was the end of football. I didny really want to play anyway, but my dad pretty much made me.

Anyway, Ive managed to do a lot of working out since then, but given my circumstances and equipment, how can i work my chest and back effectively? Im aware of how far my limitations are as far as a doctors opinion goes. Back strengthening is my main concern, around the rear and rear anterior deltoids. Push ups are no problem as Im able to modify to do them effecfively, so I the back is my only concern. My bad. Something easy on rotator cuffs is a plus. Sorry for the Novella, thank you for your time and considsration.

Sorry

jerichoninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I forgot to add I also do some yrg yoga, samples from insanity workout, and some pretty tough core exercises. None of that seems to be problematic.

fattydomar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

need help and opinions

my name is josh. im 43 years old. currently im 5;8 and 260 lbs. i have fatty liver disease, i dont leave my house due to other reasons and type 2 diabetic. i have a older bowflex and a few free weights and treadmill to work out with. i need to lose weight or my fatty liver disease will kill me. im disabled and trying to eat healthier is expensive, i want to do this with no suppliments. any recomendations before it kills me? thanks josh

thafiona13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi, I don't know if your still doing this but I was wondering how a 15 year old teen girl should train. I read online that teens between 12-15 shouldn't lift heavy as it makes you shorter and diminishes bone strength or smth. What is your thought on this, if this is your area of expertise?

0a0w0z is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why does my abs hurts every exercise while my other muscles don't hurt as much?

Issysbn is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there I have a problem. I have a muscle imbalance but the thing is I have been gyming for like 4 months and both my arms look the same size but my right arm just can't do as much reps as my left even though my right arm is my dominant arm. When I'm trying to work on my right arm then it just can't go past a certain point

scrappy1233 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have a question, i lost 65 pounds by intermittent fasting and a calorie deficit with cardio, recently i add weightlifting.im not trying to really add muscle just tone up what i already have. My question is there any benefit to weight training in a calorie deficit?

RK7697 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How do I make my workout with no equipment harder? I follow a video since my schedule doesnt allow me to go to a gym.

bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000) bojanglez34 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I’m not sure what I did but I think my pec is so tight it’s making my trap and shoulder have some pain. My right upper side of my body including the side of my neck is so stiff what should I be doing to loosen it up and increase my rom? And also when externally rotating my right shoulder I get a dull ache
    Definitely not 48 I’m 21 idk how to change

kylejames13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    Ask away. This thread will be nice for any basic or advanced questions as well as help me develop my knowledge and proficiency in my field.

background in:
    biomechanics
    kinesiology
    exercise physiology
    athletic injuries
    all kinds of workout programming as well as advanced courses in nutrition

go!

edit: also, anything I feel is interesting i might throw in this thread.

Really struggling with plantar Facia, ex-college athlete now desk job never had the problem before but really struggling with it in both feet for months now.

ryoso has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Rotator cuff impingement and training

I was diagnosed many years ago with a rotator cuff impingement in my right shoulder, but it was no big deal as it was minor and I wasn't weight training or performing heavy upper body labor. The only symptom I would experience was some wicked joint crackling.

Flash forward to three months ago, and I took up semi-serious weight training for the first time in fifteen years. Two weeks ago, after reacclimating well, I transitioned to a moderate, five day push/pull/legs split. During the whole process, I'd experience the occasional crackles in my right shoulder but have no other problems.

Moving on to yesterday: Like my other lifts, I've been bumping up the reps/weight on my shoulder exercises. Also, since the start, I've been performing internal and external rotation cable pulls (~5lb, 1x20) after shoulders were complete. Yesterday, I reached 12lb, 2x15 on front and side lateral shoulder raises and 30lb, 2x15 on rear shoulder. This gym (not my regular one) didn't happen to have a 5lb cable setting on any of their machines, so I went with the 7.5lb weight and slightly lower reps. This morning, my right shoulder isn't just post-exercise sore. It's actually a little bit painful, moreso if I focus on the rotator motions, but I can otherwise still bear weight and have full range of motion, so I'm not concerned about a tear.

That said, I know if I don't at least change up my exercises a little, I can expect my symptoms to get worse, if not turn into a tear. So then, what should I do?

oakley1993 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Im doing the workout program called legs everyday one of the workouts i didnt understand

Deadlift

10 reps (work up to 3max)
    10 reps (work up to 3max)
    5 reps (work up to 3max)
    5 reps (work up to 3max)
    3 reps (work up to 3max)
    3 reps (work up to 3max)
    3 reps (work up to 3max)
    3 reps (work up to 3max)
    3 reps (work up to 3max)
    3 reps (work up to 3max)

What does it mean by work up to 3 rep max

Registered User SimoAleksandrov's Avatar
    SimoAleksandrov is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi there! I was wondering what kind of warm-up do you guys do for Power Cleans? More specifically, what work do you do in order to activate your hips before doing the movement?
    https://simeonaleksandrov.wixsite.com/formandmotion

thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx thelastsonxx
    Is there somewhere I can post my workout and have an opinion on it on?