Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by y0lked View Post
    Why is exercise A harder than exercise B?

A
    [img]http://www.bodybuilding.com/exercises/exerciseImages/sequences/255/Male/l/255_2.jpg[/im g]

B
    [img]http://peakfatlossandfitness.com/uploads/3/4/5/0/34504677/6432282_orig.jpg[/i mg]
    Because the weight is farther away from your body. So the lever arm is longer, hence the work done is greater.

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Because the weight is farther away from your body. So the lever arm is longer, hence the work done is greater.
    I love you for not using "further".

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    In on EXSC thread. EXSC crew checking in...

Im curious to see if anyone knows the answer to this question...... This was a key concept in my bio mechanics class.

A

B
    Longer lever arm due to the fact that the fulcrum of the elbow is displaced further from the midline of the body.
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000) Jinx8402 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    Could be pinching the ulnar nerve.
    Good call. I never really Googled it before, but when I saw this post I decided to ask. After that Googled and found some similar experiences with pinched/displaced ulnar nerve.
    Past Logs:
    MuscleTech Clear Muscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165816331
    MuscleTech Phosphamuscle: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=166682391

Current Maxes:
    Squat: 315lbs
    Bench: 210lbs
    Deadlift: 405lbs

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hurt my lower back deadlifting. Happened when bar was down during warm-ups, bar wasnt even being lifted(inbetween reps). It was stiff for about 3hrs, was able to goto work and throw cases.

Pain isn't on spine, but to the left of it. Would get tight when I slightly bent over forward. Any idea?
    Last edited by jamesovercome; 07-14-2016 at 10:58 AM.
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) briancl2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    3) Nerves are very sensitive, when they are aggravated they will get very inflamed and cause the muscles they innervate to tighten chronically. If you have a pinched nerve you need to reduce the inflammation and get the corresponding muscles to relax. Intense exercise does not fall in those lines.
    Once the inflammation is down, how do you get the muscles to relax? Hamstring/Glute in my case.

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Jinx8402 View Post
    Good call. I never really Googled it before, but when I saw this post I decided to ask. After that Googled and found some similar experiences with pinched/displaced ulnar nerve.
    I've pinched both ulnar nerves over time. I don't think they ever became untrapped, but I grew used to the numb feeling. But it is easier for my hands to go to sleep.

In fun news, I managed to pinch the radial nerve in my right arm last night doing overhead squats. If it doesn't free itself, that'll be fun times with a mostly numb right arm.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My job requires me to sit in front of a system and do coding. And once I had to do a long session of manual work, where I had to copy/cut and paste data from one tool to another and as I follow the typing norms, used my left pinky finger to press the "CTRL" like infinite time in 2 days. It was like 4 months ago but I do still have pain in that pinky finger and now I'm having issues typing, making a tight fist or even cracking the knuckle. And pain sometimes extends until elbow.
    My Reviews:- http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/supplement-reviews/sakmsb

Evidence Based Gawd scienceoverhype's Avatar
    scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000) scienceoverhype is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im curious to see if anyone knows the answer to this question...... This was a key concept in my bio mechanics class.

A

B
    My answer is active insufficiency.
    NSCA-CPT | S&C Coach @ American Top Team West Pines and Fight Fit USA
    USAPL @ 83 kg | Meet 463/330.7/545.6 | Gym 505/380/585
    Strengh & Conditioning IG @scienceoverhype | Powerlifting IG @bigquiran83kg

y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BJP2k14 View Post
    Where's your credentials?
    In my senior year of study for bachelors in Exercise Science (Strength and Conditioning), will be getting my CSCS certification this year as well.

Originally Posted by bigdogfarmhand View Post
    I took a break for a month a while back cause my body just felt wore out

I figured I would have more energy cause I wasent at the gym every day

The opposite happened and when I took my break after a week or two I felt more tired and less energy

Why?
    You shouldnt stop physical activity completely when taking a "rest". You detrained essentially and you should work back up to your level of conditioning.

Originally Posted by tastan View Post
    Icing for 40 minutes is too long. 5-10 mins is enough.
    5-10 mins is not enough.
    Originally Posted by lee__d View Post
    Thoughts on deloading a single lift, rather than a full deload? I'm basically talking in terms of S/B/D. When two, or even just one lift is still feeling fine and progressing, but the other two are stalling/feeling like crap. Seems like a waste of time to take a full deload to me.
    Depends on how long of a plateau we are talking here but what you are refering to is a very common form of programming. Instead of deloading I would keep reps/sets the same for said stalled lift but drop weight by 10% and use the same progressive loading scheme that got you to plateau. If that doesnt work come back to thread.
    Originally Posted by sakmsb View Post
    Thanks for your reply!

May be Scapula bone it is. And this glides over some other bone beneath it and there is this sound coming from it

And, in my question 2; even the left stomach/belly side is bigger than right :/
    1) sounds like an impingement in the glenoid cavity, work on your shoulder mobility
    2) i have never heard of this, when you stand up are your feet pointing in equal angles? Sit in a chair and cross your foot over your opposite femur, do both sides, is one side harder to cross than the other? If so your hips could be out of alignment. Do you have back pain?
    Originally Posted by Gennesis View Post
    Been wanting to do Rack Pulls for my upper back, when doing fullbody workouts and changing my RDL to Snatch Grip RDL's my upper back blew up. Problem is, I never got to Rack Pull correctly without lower back pain. Mid-shin, below the knee, at the knee, above the knee, everything. Found one where I pulled from about 2 inches above the knee and that felt good, to put into contrast, I could pull 160kg easily with a snatch grip from this position, but 60kg from a lower pin hurts my back instantly. I found out this was due to not being able to load my hamstrings on the movement. With the above the knee one, I could bend my knees more, letting me pull painless.

I'm doing this for mid-upper back hypertrophy and strength by the way, not powerlifting or anything like that. Now, I can pull 130kg RDL's with my back horizontal to the floor and even pausing at my last rep without any discomfort, pain or soreness. No pump, nothing. Yet pulling from the rack always hurts, I can't nail form down and the above the knee version is too tedious to load up and too little ROM for me. Gym doesn't have a lot of plates anways.

When I switched to Snatch Grip RDL's, my best with good form was about 80-90kg's before I hit failure. Given I can pull 130kg with a normal RDL and my upper back soreness back then, I know my hamstrings are way stronger and my upper back still gets the overload. Would it be a good thing to just pull Snatch Grip RDL's for upper back developement? (Lats, Teres Major, Rhomboids, Whole Traps and Spinal Erectors). As I cannot pull from a deadstop on a rack? (Semi Sumo I can because I can load my hamstrings).

Thanks in advance, probably know the answer to my question, just wanted to hear your opinion!

EDIT: I was thinking about accomodating resistance, if I were to perform my Snatch Grip RDL like I would now, I could make it even more upper back focused by adding reverse bands, making the lower portion easier and thus lessening the stress on my low back/hamstrings and putting it on my upper back when locking out. Seems like a great way, FOR ME, to be able to do this lift for MY purpose and goal. Putting some words in caps to accentuate what I want to say, this wouldn't be optimal for the majority of lifters, but in my case, it seems to make the most sense to go about it this way. What do you think?
    Interesting, could you post a video of these circumstances? Im thinking this is a spine issue, possibly hyperextending the spine in an attempt to "get the back tight" which can actually put terrible pressure on your disks. Make sure spine is neutral, your eyes and head should always maintain neutral cervical spine curvature in order to not effect thoracic and lumbar curvatures.

Accommodating resistance isnt a bad idea, again with no video its hard to tell if you have a technique issue (which would actually be better than a movement limitation). How strong/weak are your hammies? Can you do 10 glute ham raises with full knee extension to full knee flexion?
    Originally Posted by MikeWines View Post
    In on EXSC thread. EXSC crew checking in...

Longer lever arm due to the fact that the fulcrum of the elbow is displaced further from the midline of the body.
    This does not affect the bicep since the fulcrum of the lever is still at the elbow and the length of the forearm does not change.
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    No the angle of pull for the biceps remains constant regardless of the distance away from the body during a bicep curl. See active insufficiency from scienceoverhype

Originally Posted by jamesovercome View Post
    Hurt my lower back deadlifting. Happened when bar was down during warm-ups, bar wasnt even being lifted(inbetween reps). It was stiff for about 3hrs, was able to goto work and throw cases.

Pain isn't on spine, but to the left of it. Would get tight when I slightly bent over forward. Any idea?
    Hip allignment, partially herniated disk, muscle spasms (quadratus lumborum or erector spinae)... combination of all of these. Supple leopard has tons on this.

Originally Posted by briancl2 View Post
    Once the inflammation is down, how do you get the muscles to relax? Hamstring/Glute in my case.
    PNF is a great way get muscles to relax. Foam rolling, lacross ball pressure and general stretching will get muscles to relax. Stretch as many times per day as possible for about 1-3 minutes. Streching for 30 minutes at a time once per day is not nearly as effective.
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post
    I've pinched both ulnar nerves over time. I don't think they ever became untrapped, but I grew used to the numb feeling. But it is easier for my hands to go to sleep.

In fun news, I managed to pinch the radial nerve in my right arm last night doing overhead squats. If it doesn't free itself, that'll be fun times with a mostly numb right arm.
    Ouch. Olympic lifts are going out of style quick (unless cross fit)
    My job requires me to sit in front of a system and do coding. And once I had to do a long session of manual work, where I had to copy/cut and paste data from one tool to another and as I follow the typing norms, used my left pinky finger to press the "CTRL" like infinite time in 2 days. It was like 4 months ago but I do still have pain in that pinky finger and now I'm having issues typing, making a tight fist or even cracking the knuckle. And pain sometimes extends until elbow.
    Originally Posted by scienceoverhype View Post
    My answer is active insufficiency.
    Probably carpal tunnel (srs).

Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist (NSCA)

**Dallas Cowboys**
    **Sacramento Kings**
    **San Jose Sharks**

MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MikeWines has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    What's your end goal OP? Working in the S&C field?
    B.S. Exercise Science
    M.S. Applied Sport Science and Exercise Physiology

sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sakmsb has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thanks for your reply!

And, in my question 2; even the left stomach/belly side is bigger than right :/

2) i have never heard of this, when you stand up are your feet pointing in equal angles? Sit in a chair and cross your foot over your opposite femur, do both sides, is one side harder to cross than the other? If so your hips could be out of alignment. Do you have back pain?
    It does feel like feet does point in at same/equal angles. While standing if I see down, I see that my left side of belly(in fact entire left side) is bigger; protruding more out than right side of belly.

Yes, my left leg seems uncomfortable sometimes while crossing leg over the right, even while doing exercises, when lifting legs individually or even together, left leg would not raise totally until chest; Ex:- Hanging leg raise.

Back pain; it is there sometimes at the extreme end of spinal cord when sitting for very long hours on a chari, guess near sacral vertebrae or coccyx; like needling pain.
    Last edited by sakmsb; 07-14-2016 at 01:22 PM.

y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) y0lked has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It does feel like feet does point in at same/equal angles. While standing if I see down, I see that my left side of belly(in fact entire left side) is bigger; protruding more out than right side of belly.

Yes, my left leg seems uncomfortable sometimes while crossing leg over the right, even while doing exercises, when lifting legs individually or even together, left leg would not raise totally until chest; Ex:- Hanging leg raise.
    Could be a pelvic fault issue. I would try the video I posed above and use those methods for a couple of weeks. But in all honesty you should see a doctor and a physical therapist if anything worsens.

**Dallas Cowboys**
    **Sacramento Kings**
    **San Jose Sharks**

Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Foxace36 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Whenever I do Squats or Lunges (Left Side), I get a weird 'click' in my left knee. It isn't painful, but it is really annoying and definitely hinders my workout. I have always had this problem for as long as I can remember. Any idea as to what the cause might be?

Could be a pelvic fault issue. I would try the video I posed above and use those methods for a couple of weeks. But in all honesty you should see a doctor and a physical therapist if anything worsens.
    Regarding back pain; I edited my post, here it is:-

Back pain; it is there sometimes at the extreme end of spinal cord when sitting for very long hours on a chair, guess near sacral vertebrae or coccyx; like needling pain.

I've been to many PTs but nothing they tired has been useful and I've wasted a hell lot of money paying visits to them every other day. I feel like I'm helpless here.

Gennesis has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http ://tinypic. com/r/2hhj1ox/9

Can't put links up yet, sorry! Just remove the spaces.

The video you asked for, my back is straight, I do the valsalva maneauver (not sure of spelled right, English is not my native language) and keep tight, drive my heels into the ground, spreading the floor and pulling the bar close to me. From a deadstop from a rack, this hurts me, conventional hurts me, semi sumo doesn't hurt me, RDL'ing with more weight doesn't bother my the tiniest bit!

I'm an upcoming kinesiology student, been working as a trainer for 2 years but never quite figured out why, well, I think because I can't load my strong hips (always had a big ass, my normal squat is around 130kg for 6, but very hip dominant, my quads are weak in comparison).

Edit: also, I can Barbell Row without any discomfort, anytime I can fully load my hips and hamstrings, I can hang out with my back horizontal to the ground with weight, no problem. Deadstop stuff always hurt me. Going to give the SGRDL's with bands a shot today, see how they feel!

Originally Posted by Foxace36 View Post
    Whenever I do Squats or Lunges (Left Side), I get a weird 'click' in my left knee. It isn't painful, but it is really annoying and definitely hinders my workout. I have always had this problem for as long as I can remember. Any idea as to what the cause might be?
    probably just an articulation issue in the knee joint caused by knee flexion. Use a mirror and do some air squats to try and find out how far out you need to point your knees when descending into a squat in order not to get that click sound.

Regarding back pain; I edited my post, here it is:-

Back pain; it is there sometimes at the extreme end of spinal cord when sitting for very long hours on a chair, guess near sacral vertebrae or coccyx; like needling pain.

I've been to many PTs but nothing they tired has been useful and I've wasted a hell lot of money paying visits to them every other day. I feel like I'm helpless here.
    please watch the videos in my last couple of posts. l5-s1 disk is right at the sacrum and is the most commonly injured/inflammed disk due to about 60% of back flexion/extension ROM occurring at that joint.
    Originally Posted by Gennesis View Post
    http ://tinypic. com/r/2hhj1ox/9

Can't put links up yet, sorry! Just remove the spaces.

The video you asked for, my back is straight, I do the valsalva maneauver (not sure of spelled right, English is not my native language) and keep tight, drive my heels into the ground, spreading the floor and pulling the bar close to me. From a deadstop from a rack, this hurts me, conventional hurts me, semi sumo doesn't hurt me, RDL'ing with more weight doesn't bother my the tiniest bit!

I'm an upcoming kinesiology student, been working as a trainer for 2 years but never quite figured out why, well, I think because I can't load my strong hips (always had a big ass, my normal squat is around 130kg for 6, but very hip dominant, my quads are weak in comparison).

Edit: also, I can Barbell Row without any discomfort, anytime I can fully load my hips and hamstrings, I can hang out with my back horizontal to the ground with weight, no problem. Deadstop stuff always hurt me. Going to give the SGRDL's with bands a shot today, see how they feel!
    The video is upside down and doesnt show your entire body. There are some things you can try here. 1) try to slightly flex your spine (round) just a tad bit before pulling the weight. Certainly im not asking you to round your spine completely or put yourself in a bad position, but try to perform the movement with emphasizing your spinal erectors. Sometimes we as lifters want to make sure everything in our body from the floor to our wrists is in a good body position and is contracted and ready to take on the resistance. BUT how many times do you load your lower back before doing those rack pulls? This could simply be an issue of you overemphasizing other parts of the lift and your erector spinae is lax causing tension on the transverse ligaments which have become fatigued. Also, when you (spread the floor) youre actually trying to turn on your glues via external rotation of the femur, however if done in excess youre actually shortening the hamstrings and causing them to relax. Next time try to preform the rack pulls from pins without the external rotation and load up those spinal erectors and hamstrings and then see how that feels. If you simply cannot perform that exercise pain free than just forget about it. All of those other hip extension/trunk extension movements youre doing are plenty. If you can do them pain free then those are your best bet to add weight to the bar while staying injury free.

**Dallas Cowboys**
    **Sacramento Kings**
    **San Jose Sharks**

DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100) DeeJayAre is not very well liked. (-100)
    My elbows/shoulders click loudly fairly often when I get up from sitting or lying and use my arms to push myself up. Normally only happens if I haven't moved for a while. Is that a problem?

SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hey man nice thread, I have issues squatting and am trying to get as much help as I can (I'm already doing physiotherapy for something else, so I would have to go see another one and spend even more $ which I don't have)

Not gonna bug you with text, just watch my videos and tell me what you think :

Regular :

With Books under heels to help :

Also I have some shoulder problems, we believe it's shoulder impingement and bro I swear to god I think I'm getting worse. Is it possible that the therapist might have given me a stretch/exercise to do at home that is actually making me worse, or is everything given to patients safe to do ?

This one right there is giving me tightness in the back, in the scapular-thoracic region, I will upload a picture and add it to this post so you can see, my left hand (on my left, so your right) is under my glutes like Im sitting on it, and this is supposed to be an upper trap stretch. It gives me tightness on my left scapular-thoracic region, I'd say the trapezius specifically but I'm not sure. Should I stop doing it ?

Let me know if you want to take my case lol (already done 8 visits at the physio and I really don't feel any improvement)
    Attached Images
    Last edited by SmackBang77; 07-19-2016 at 01:54 PM.

apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Exercise science krew checking in
    325 Bench
    495 Dead
    425 Squat
    10 Muscle Ups

*Gf confirmed Top Tier Glow by PWally*

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172441573&p=1462565833&posted=1#post1462565833

apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) apsizzle2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

A

B
    If we're discluding the fact that you can't rock, I'd say it would have to be because the weight is located further from the body/joints then it is when your arm is hanging straight down. For some reason the word for it is slipping my mind. Just learned about it recently.

Edit: effort arm

Double edit: awe fuark was answered above but wrong?

Triple edit: the brah in pic A is using 30s whereas brah in B using like 10s

325 Bench
    495 Dead
    425 Squat
    10 Muscle Ups

Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=172441573&p=1462565833&posted=1#post1462565833

SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SmackBang77 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by apsizzle2 View Post
    Exercise science krew checking in
    wanna help me with my thing brah ?

Originally Posted by SmackBang77 View Post
    wanna help me with my thing brah ?
    If you can tell me in words what's wrong with the squat maybe I can help, can't watch videos ATM no data
    325 Bench
    495 Dead
    425 Squat
    10 Muscle Ups

Log:

If you can tell me in words what's wrong with the squat maybe I can help, can't watch videos ATM no data
    Alright so it's like this :

I can't squat low, but when I force myself to do it I get butt wink (its kinda like lumbar flexion) at the bottom of the squat and sometimes even before.

I made a thread about it if you want to check it out and see what other people have had to say (they made comments about the videos, if you can't watch them). We found out that I can squat lower with a wide stance and elevated heels, but the downside is that my right hip hurts like a bitch.

Also my sacrum is sticking out, I guess from months of squatting with butt wink or maybe just genetics idk brah

EDIT: also my knees crackle

Alright so it's like this :

I can't squat low, but when I force myself to do it I get butt wink (its kinda like lumbar flexion) at the bottom of the squat and sometimes even before.

I made a thread about it if you want to check it out and see what other people have had to say (they made comments about the videos, if you can't watch them). We found out that I can squat lower with a wide stance and elevated heels, but the downside is that my right hip hurts like a bitch.

Also my sacrum is sticking out, I guess from months of squatting with butt wink or maybe just genetics idk brah

EDIT: also my knees crackle
    I'm still in school so my advice will be limited compared to others. Firstly I wouldn't worry about the knees crackling unless it's actually painful. A large amount of people's knees do that, i started using knee sleeves after some pain happening and it fixed it pretty well. The compression helps. Aside from that, your butt wink could be purely structural and unavoidable. It could also be poor hip mobility, and working on hip mobility never hurts so I'd do it regardless.

Also a little bit of butt wink isn't really that big of a deal. Most people squatting have a little bit of butt wink because it's sometimes necessary to get out of the hole with big weight. Maybe I'll watch your videos a bit later if I can

And whatcha mean your sacrum is sticking out? During squats or at all times of the day? Could just be your SI joint out of place which you could visit a Chiro for (which I do pretty often cause of this problem) and there's also blocks you can buy for like 30-40$ you place under the SI joint and sleep on it, it helps to put/keep it in place
    325 Bench
    495 Dead
    425 Squat
    10 Muscle Ups

Log:

I'm still in school so my advice will be limited compared to others. Firstly I wouldn't worry about the knees crackling unless it's actually painful. A large amount of people's knees do that, i started using knee sleeves after some pain happening and it fixed it pretty well. The compression helps. Aside from that, your butt wink could be purely structural and unavoidable. It could also be poor hip mobility, and working on hip mobility never hurts so I'd do it regardless.

Also a little bit of butt wink isn't really that big of a deal. Most people squatting have a little bit of butt wink because it's sometimes necessary to get out of the hole with big weight. Maybe I'll watch your videos a bit later if I can
    Alright man thanks for the reply, I'll look forward to hear from you again after you watch the vids. My butt wink is very serious I think it made my sacrum pop out, it wasn't like that before.

BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000) BJP2k14 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Prove your credentials.

louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50) louistan100046 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

A

B

A has to work against a stronger resistance due to the downward force being perpendicularly further away from the fulcrum than B, which generates more downward leverage.

Also depends on who is doing the exercise. Many people would use more momentum when doing B, me included. I know I am a wimp.

Hey man nice thread, I have issues squatting and am trying to get as much help as I can (I'm already doing physiotherapy for something else, so I would have to go see another one and spend even more $ which I don't have)

Not gonna bug you with text, just watch my videos and tell me what you think :

Regular :

With Books under heels to help :

Also I have some shoulder problems, we believe it's shoulder impingement and bro I swear to god I think I'm getting worse. Is it possible that the therapist might have given me a stretch/exercise to do at home that is actually making me worse, or is everything given to patients safe to do ?

This one right there is giving me tightness in the back, in the scapular-thoracic region, I will upload a picture and add it to this post so you can see, my left hand (on my left, so your right) is under my glutes like Im sitting on it, and this is supposed to be an upper trap stretch. It gives me tightness on my left scapular-thoracic region, I'd say the trapezius specifically but I'm not sure. Should I stop doing it ?

Let me know if you want to take my case lol (already done 8 visits at the physio and I really don't feel any improvement)
    Dang man hard to tell anything from those videos because you look soo unstable and looks like you're trying to force yourself into a certain position like you've watched a bunch of youtube vids on how to squat. The "right" squat for you is all dependent on how your levers are made up and what feels comfortable. Some people squat high bar, some low bar, some perfectly vertical some crazy tucked. Trying to force your body in a squat to look like a picture is not a good idea. Go squat to how you think feels best and film your best set of 10 reps and that will tell me 1000x more than those other two videos. As for the elevated heel vids, yes you can be more upright and get greater depth due to less ankle dorsiflexion. If you need to squat while standing on 5lb plates then go right ahead. My new training cycle has me going from a low bar squat with TONS of hip flexion to a vertical squat with 5lb under my feet and a high bar position.

As for your scapula, I cant give you solicited medical advice that goes against what your doctors are dsying but here is what I would do if I were you. Get a golf ball or lacrosse ball and shove that thing in between the medial boarder of the scapula and your spine and roll around and make it hurt. The shoulder joint has problems because most ppl dont worry as much about where their scapulas are positioned compared to their knees in a squat. As a result the body will adapt in order to accept the positioning youve placed it in while doing heavy loaded upper body exercises. When muscles get tight they position bones in different planes of the joint capsule and cause pain, tightness and muscle weakness. Start with that lacrosse ball for 10 mins 3x day. Right after the lacrosse ball sit up against a wall, put your arms up like youre going to do a military press and glide your humerus and forearm up the wall without moving your scapula. Your scapulas should be perfectly flat against the wall. Close your eyes while you do this to ensure your upper back is flat, youre in good body posture and that your arms stay against the wall. Check back after you have done this religiously for 21 days straight. Set alarms in your phone if you have to remind yourself.

**Dallas Cowboys**
    **Sacramento Kings**
    **San Jose Sharks**

Originally Posted by DeeJayAre View Post
    My elbows/shoulders click loudly fairly often when I get up from sitting or lying and use my arms to push myself up. Normally only happens if I haven't moved for a while. Is that a problem?
    this is fairly common for beginning lifters, if no pain then you should be fine

**Dallas Cowboys**
    **Sacramento Kings**
    **San Jose Sharks**