pavelalpe has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

"low carb" and HIIT

So i am naturally a low carber. I got days where if i dont pay attention i might eat less than 100 grams. I am tracking my calories and macros really well lately, but i have also adopted a more HIIT approach to everything i do.

Lately i been warry of the carbs and eat 200 grams minimum. But in previous weeks i saw that on average i ate less than 150. As matter of fact it was either 3 weeks ago to a month i did Keto.

Everytime I read about HIIT it mentions that its a no no for low carb diets, and vice versa i always read that low carb is driven more for low intensity.

I read different values for what "low carb" is and my concern is that they are also more driven to just an average Joe who doesn't work out.

So my 2 questions is this:
    1. How low of carbs do i have to eat to be too low for HIIT?
    2. Did i potentially mess myself up in previous weeks where i mixed HIIT + Lower Carb diet?

P.S - would also like to add i train fasted even as i upped up my carbs. My opinion is if i get my nutrients and calories in they are stored as glycogen and fat which is what is tapped up when i do HIIT. Its not like i got no glycogen store to do HIIT. Inform me if i am wrong.
    Last edited by pavelalpe; 07-03-2016 at 01:40 PM.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by pavelalpe View Post

So my 2 questions is this:
    1. How low of carbs do i have to eat to be too low for HIIT?
    2. Did i potentially mess myself up in previous weeks where i mixed HIIT + Lower Carb diet?
    1- no way to know . we cant know how much you burn with your daily activities outside HIIT
    2- did you ? you tell us , whats the negative experience that you had ? carbs are optimal source of energy for human body, especially for high intensity work. if you are trying to do things optimally , then up your intake. 200 grams is very low for a 200 lbs guy

In regards to number 2. I dropped down and weighed in at 185 this morning. Feel better, think i look better. Did get more "defined" and veins are appearing more detailed on arms and chest/shoulders. Problem is belly is still around and i feel like for losing 15-20 pounds i would be a little more chizzled than i am.

I guess i will try to pump up my carbs even more to test this out.

magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) magician27 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In regards to number 2. I dropped down and weighed in at 185 this morning. Feel better, think i look better. Did get more "defined" and veins are appearing more detailed on arms and chest/shoulders. Problem is belly is still around and i feel like for losing 15-20 pounds i would be a little more chizzled than i am.

well if you are cutting thats another story . then you will have to do somewhat lower carb. i dont recommend overdoing HITT cardio in general. its just additional stress to body while you are already working with low cals

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

If you need to lose 20 pounds stop worrying about how you look based on how many grams of carbs you eat. Eat well to perform well, stay in a deficit to lose fat. In simple terms, more carbs tends to promote better performance assuming protein and fat needs are met. Varies a lot by the person and what they are doing, how many carbs they need to feel and perform well.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Ironwill2008 is surely doing RDL's and eating eggs and bacon somewhere right now.

Well i already lost the 15-20 pounds as i started at 205 and got down to 185. I am not concerned how i look due to eating carbs. I am more concerned if i ate enough carbs or not now that i am taking more of a HIIT approach.

I expected more out of losing 20 pounds, maybe its that i am not taking into account as to exactly how much i let myself go and exactly what BF i was at 205. Calorie deficit with protein and fat macros in check, just that carbs have been on the lower end than what people suggest especially when it comes to HIIT.

So no i am not worried about how i look just because i eat carbs, but rather if i lost a significant lean mass due to not eating enough carbs while doing HIIT on a calorie deficit.

Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50) Beyondhomegym will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I would pass out

Registered User ErikTheElectric's Avatar
    ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ErikTheElectric has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chances are.. Your "hiit cardio" isn't long or intense enough for you to worry about this op.