Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sht matt, pec tendon? Guess I won't be lifting with you in the meet

pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pvsampson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Geez Matt that's no good.Hope you can get it sorted with the surgeon soon and get healing.

Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Smelly bull has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to see this Busta....

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    400# Bulgarian bicep curl

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just dropping in to say I hope your healing goes well.

This may be premature, but I know a guy that tore his bicep and it needed re attachment. He was isolated in a sling for a number of weeks.

While down, he worked his other arm and visually imagined working both. His doctor was amazed as he lost very little size on the injured arm over the healing time. There is some science behind it. Cant hurt!
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So sorry you're going through this. Can't imagine how scary/painful that had to be.

I am completely clueless about this. Is it something you're genetically predisposed to? Something that is a risk factor if you do ____? Something that just happens?
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) pastorgbc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Sorry to see this, Matt. You are a dude and an inspiration to many of us.

I went through a similar injury a year and a half ago. I did not require surgery, but it kept me down for a while.

I'm keeping everything in prayer for you.

Ray
    Beware of practicing your righteousness before other people in order to be seen by them, for then you will have no reward from your Father who is in heaven... so that your giving may be in secret. And your Father who sees in secret will reward you. Matt. 6: 1-4

grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) grubman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Well, that really sucks! I'm sorry man.

I knew a guy that this happened to (bodybuilder and power lifter also). I won't lie, he lost a ton of size while recovering, and that was just something he had to accept without beating his head against a wall (of course, he was very heavy into "supplementation" and stopped using that as well). The good news is, once recovered, he got back to where he was before (with a bit of responsible patience). The injury sucks, the setback sucks, but it's just that, a setback, and in time you'll be right back in the game without a doubt (and we all know how quickly time flies by as we age, so it won't seem like long at all)

So...any other hobbies you have been wanting to dedicate more time to and focus on while taking a break?

Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Firminator4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sorry to see this Matt- I have watched your journey for quite a few years here. I'm sure this is not the end of it - just another hill to get over. Best wishes for a willing surgeon and quick healing!

Firm
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better!"

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard. -A. R. Bernard

"The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places."
    Ernest Hemingway - "A Farewell to Arms"

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by trev71 View Post
    That is basically my exact warm up. So I'm a bit spooked now.. hah.

Damn, GL with the surgery and heal up!
    I wouldn't worry too much. Thanks for the well wishes!

Originally Posted by ElrondHubbard View Post
    Just, just ouch, man. Reading this gave me shivers. I've got no spotter, so I rely on safety bars. But bars or no, that's not something I would want anybody to go through. Hope it all heals up ok and in good time.
    Thanks, Man!

Originally Posted by Old-Time-Lifter View Post
    Dang....................

Heal quick brother.
    Thank You, Roy!

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    I'm so sorry to see this. I'm such a fan, always have been and I have no words. Healing vibes to you my friend and you'll be back even stronger no doubt!
    Thank you for the kind words, Kim. I am a fan of yours as well!

Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Sht matt, pec tendon? Guess I won't be lifting with you in the meet
    Yeah, no Meet for this guy. I'm pretty sure I'm done with PL'ing altogether.

Originally Posted by pvsampson View Post
    Geez Matt that's no good.Hope you can get it sorted with the surgeon soon and get healing.
    Thanks, Pete!

Originally Posted by Smelly bull View Post
    Sorry to see this Busta....

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.
    Thanks, Brother!

Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post
    Just dropping in to say I hope your healing goes well.

This may be premature, but I know a guy that tore his bicep and it needed re attachment. He was isolated in a sling for a number of weeks.

While down, he worked his other arm and visually imagined working both. His doctor was amazed as he lost very little size on the injured arm over the healing time. There is some science behind it. Cant hurt!
    Thanks Justin, I will consider that tactic.

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    So sorry you're going through this. Can't imagine how scary/painful that had to be.

I am completely clueless about this. Is it something you're genetically predisposed to? Something that is a risk factor if you do ____? Something that just happens?
    I'm not sure about genetically predisposed, but my best guess is that it's related to my strength imbalance i have been dealing with for about a year. Thanks, buddy!

Originally Posted by pastorgbc View Post
    Sorry to see this, Matt. You are a dude and an inspiration to many of us.

I went through a similar injury a year and a half ago. I did not require surgery, but it kept me down for a while.

I'm keeping everything in prayer for you.

Ray
    Thanks for the kind words, Ray! I'm glad you pulled through.

Originally Posted by grubman View Post
    Well, that really sucks! I'm sorry man.

I knew a guy that this happened to (bodybuilder and power lifter also). I won't lie, he lost a ton of size while recovering, and that was just something he had to accept without beating his head against a wall (of course, he was very heavy into "supplementation" and stopped using that as well). The good news is, once recovered, he got back to where he was before (with a bit of responsible patience). The injury sucks, the setback sucks, but it's just that, a setback, and in time you'll be right back in the game without a doubt (and we all know how quickly time flies by as we age, so it won't seem like long at all)

So...any other hobbies you have been wanting to dedicate more time to and focus on while taking a break?
    I will be working legs 3x per week and hitting cardio pretty hard. I can devote more time to work as well.

Thanks, Grub!

MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MissHolly has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sorry to see this, Matt. Everything has been said already. Obviously "get well soon" doesn't fit this situation. So I'll just keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best.

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You won't be hitting cardio as hard as you think. Been there, tried it, didn't end well. Focus on diet and keep the fiber intake up. Pain meds slow down your system.
    Make sure you have a place to sleep in an inclined position until you figure out what positions you can sleep in. You'll probably want extra pillows to support that side. Thankfully it's summer time so you can wear shorts and sandals, much easier to put on than socks and long pants.
    Practice doing things one handed too.
    I bought a bunch of those ice packs at CVS that you can refreeze. That way you can ice every hour or 2 and you'll always have a frozen pack.

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by Firminator4 View Post
    Sorry to see this Matt- I have watched your journey for quite a few years here. I'm sure this is not the end of it - just another hill to get over. Best wishes for a willing surgeon and quick healing!

Firm
    Thanks, Firm! I should know something tomorrow about surgery.

Originally Posted by MissHolly View Post
    Sorry to see this, Matt. Everything has been said already. Obviously "get well soon" doesn't fit this situation. So I'll just keep you in my thoughts and hope for the best.
    Thank you, Holly! It's a sad state of affairs, but it is what it is. It's really easy for me to slip into depression right now as I have other crap going on in my life too. Gotta keep moving forward!

Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    You won't be hitting cardio as hard as you think. Been there, tried it, didn't end well. Focus on diet and keep the fiber intake up. Pain meds slow down your system.
    Make sure you have a place to sleep in an inclined position until you figure out what positions you can sleep in. You'll probably want extra pillows to support that side. Thankfully it's summer time so you can wear shorts and sandals, much easier to put on than socks and long pants.
    Practice doing things one handed too.
    I bought a bunch of those ice packs at CVS that you can refreeze. That way you can ice every hour or 2 and you'll always have a frozen pack.
    Thanks, Iceman. When I said hitting cardio hard, I meant until the surgery (if it happens). I realize that I'll be down for a month or so after the surgery. Also, I do quite a bit of stairmaster, which is really low impact, but it annihilates me.

I appreciate the tips. I already have altered my diet as you stated. I practiced using my mouse left handed yesterday.....that was comical.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Another possibility depending on how it goes with the surgeon tomorrow, would be start looking into medical/surgical schools in your area. Procedures are much cheaper at a medical college associated with a hospital when done by students for experience . Its not like they are just turning a bunch of med school kids loose on you with scalpels, since the surgeons running the teaching programs are generally top notch and oversee everything.

Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Wow, some nasty looking bruising you got there, Matt!

I always hate hearing about stuff like this. You were very lucky your spotter was there to hold the bar long enough for the other guys to quickly help get it off you.

I wish you the best for a speedy and full recovery. You'll be back soon.

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Another possibility depending on how it goes with the surgeon tomorrow, would be start looking into medical/surgical schools in your area. Procedures are much cheaper at a medical college associated with a hospital when done by students for experience . Its not like they are just turning a bunch of med school kids loose on you with scalpels, since the surgeons running the teaching programs are generally top notch and oversee everything.
    Not a bad idea at all. Like i was saying, I'm hoping that this well known surgeon will present me with options like you mention. Crossing my fingers.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    Wow, some nasty looking bruising you got there, Matt!

I always hate hearing about stuff like this. You were very lucky your spotter was there to hold the bar long enough for the other guys to quickly help get it off you.

I wish you the best for a speedy and full recovery. You'll be back soon.
    It is pretty ugly isn't it? Yes, I was very lucky. I went in this morning for the first time since the injury and thanked the guy again. He seemed happy to see that I was okay.

Thank you for the well wishes, Louise!

Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Nikonguy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Damn Matt.

Good thoughts for your healing.
    " ----------I`m your Huckleberry......'"

John Adams

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Darn big war wound you managed to get yourself there Matt.

No doubt I wish you good luck with recovery. Also hope you get surgery if needed.

I might get a little anxious when I bench that kind of weight down the line.

(So nah. I will be OK)

Originally Posted by Nikonguy View Post
    Damn Matt.

Good thoughts for your healing.
    Long time no see, Ed.

Thanks for the well wishes, my friend!

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    Darn big war wound you managed to get yourself there Matt.

No doubt I wish you good luck with recovery. Also hope you get surgery if needed.

I might get a little anxious when I bench that kind of weight down the line.

(So nah. I will be OK)
    Haha, yes, the worst kind of war wound...one that'll leave a scar.

You will get there, no doubt. Just be careful when you do.

I keep kicking myself for not racking it after the single. But then logic would say that I would have torn it on the next rep at 360#, which is what I was going to do next.

Thanks for the well wishes, Man!

Quick Update:

Surgeon's office called a bit ago and had a cancellation. My appointment has been moved up to today at 2:15 pm CST. Now I'm getting nervous!

doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) doughnutgut has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Quick Update:

Surgeon's office called a bit ago and had a cancellation. My appointment has been moved up to today at 2:15 pm CST. Now I'm getting nervous!

See you on the other side of recovery Matt.
    Ride it like you just stole it.

anonymous
    As someone who's just had 4 months of healing from a tendon repair (and might have fcked myself up again this weekend by trying to move a wheelbarrow) I can tell you tendon repairs suck, but it's not the end of the world

good luck man (edited my post after re-reading the thread)

ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) ajdahlheimer has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This is where mental strength becomes just as important as physical, Bustas. You'll power through this, buddy. Wish you nothing but the best.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mark1T has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Very sorry to hear this, busta. Best wishes on your appointment and healing.
    Helping one person may not change the world, but it could change the world for one person.

Originally Posted by doughnutgut View Post
    See you on the other side of recovery Matt.
    Not so fast.....

Originally Posted by Halfway View Post
    As someone who's just had 4 months of healing from a tendon repair (and might have fcked myself up again this weekend by trying to move a wheelbarrow) I can tell you tendon repairs suck, but it's not the end of the world

good luck man (edited my post after re-reading the thread)
    I know you have had your troubles with injuries. I admire your tenacity. Thanks, brother!

Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    This is where mental strength becomes just as important as physical, Bustas. You'll power through this, buddy. Wish you nothing but the best.
    Absolutely. We can get through just about anything if we have the right mindset. Thanks, AJ

Originally Posted by Mark1T View Post
    Very sorry to hear this, busta. Best wishes on your appointment and healing.
    Thank you, Mark

Another Update:

Met with the Surgeon yesterday. I found out I have a complete tear of the Pectoralis Major at the tendon juncture. The tendon is still attached to the bone, but the muscle is completely unattached to the tendon. He said it's a bit more complicated this way, but the good news was that he said I have an abundance of muscle which helps with the repair.

The bad news is that they expect payment upfront as I expected since I'm self pay. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. They quoted $12-15K. My boss may help a bit, but......honestly, I just don't know at this time.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive ITT. You guys and gals are great!!

GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GROSO is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    "There is no question that belts assist in generating a few more Newton-meters (or foot-pounds) of torque in the torso through elastic recoil of a bent orso that is stiffened with a belt. However, if a neutral spine is preserved throughout the lift this effect is minimal. In other words, to obtain the maximal effect from a belt, the lifter must lift poorly and in a way that exposed the back to a much higher risk of injury!”

Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Iceman1800 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'd think they'd be willing to work out a payment plan.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Another Update:

Met with the Surgeon yesterday. I found out I have a complete tear of the Pectoralis Major at the tendon juncture. The tendon is still attached to the bone, but the muscle is completely unattached to the tendon. He said it's a bit more complicated this way, but the good news was that he said I have an abundance of muscle which helps with the repair.

The bad news is that they expect payment upfront as I expected since I'm self pay. I'm not sure what I'm going to do. They quoted $12-15K. My boss may help a bit, but......honestly, I just don't know at this time.

Thank you to everyone who has been so supportive ITT. You guys and gals are great!!
    Look up medical tourism, you may be vacationing in India and recovering from this tear! (srs)

Originally Posted by GROSO View Post
    I always use a spotter for anything over 275# and even then I make sure there are people around. Moot point now as I am never doing flat bench again.

Originally Posted by Iceman1800 View Post
    I'd think they'd be willing to work out a payment plan.
    The Surgeon's fee is $2,500 and that is absolutely due upfront--no payment option.

The Surgery Center says it's due upfront, but it also says in small print that they recognize they need to be flexible. As soon as I get the official quote from them, I'll call the business office and ask. Hoping later today.

Originally Posted by x-trainer ben View Post
    Look up medical tourism, you may be vacationing in India and recovering from this tear! (srs)
    No idea what you're talking about, but I don't have the resources to go to India, nor the time off needed.

x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) x-trainer ben has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Well when cost is an issue and Americans need surgical procedures many times medical tourism is used to get badly needed operations over seas. Now i see that you don't have the time off but here is a link explaining what i was referring to.

http://medicaltourism.com/?AspxAutoD...ookieSupport=1