Page 187 of 187 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187
Results 5,581 to 5,606 of 5606
    Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Nice setup. I think I'll get one of those Rogue bars. The real money is in those plates.

You're prepared. I never anticipated a situation where all gyms would close. UK just pulled the pin on gyms there. I feel for all the smaller gyms that might not reopen if too many members cancel.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    I have a full gym in my basement with squat rack with pulldown and row stack, leg press, calf press, iron master DBs, imcl-decl benches, various bars, attachments, the whole deal.

Ironically, I've been selling some of it off since I'll be moving soon and don't feel like carting it all half way around the country.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    I wouldn't sweat the lifting gains too much, boyos.
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    I have a full gym in my basement with squat rack with pulldown and row stack, leg press, calf press, iron master DBs, imcl-decl benches, various bars, attachments, the whole deal.
    Well there you go. Certainly no cause for panic at Vox HQ.

I've decided to order a Rogue bar, 12 plates, and a couple of fancy collars. I can live without a rack. Adjustable DBs and incline bench will take care of the rest. I'll miss using cables for certain exercises but might consider using resistance bands.

Looking at other countries it's not a question of if but when lockdown will be enforced. Once the new cases stat starts creeping up and hits some magic number that triggers the next level of restrictions the government will act. I don't want to be stuck in a toilet paper situation when it comes to buying training gear.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am definitely going to invest in a home gym. Never thought it'd be necessary

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by im2manly View Post
    Cage?

This thing is going in dry on the economy. The scope of it is difficult to put into words and there's no end in sight. Whether you click on our news site or USA Today it looks the same. The same headlines.

re: buying training equipment when I went to order a Rogue barbell they were all sold out. Right at that moment the PM announced everything "non essential" would close, including gyms, effective midday today and most likely in effect for 6 months, so I had to act fast since every meathead and his dog was buying up bars and plates. Ended up getting a 2" fat bar not many would want which will work my grip harder anyway. Also ordered a stack of plates so at least I can do some heavy RDLs.

I went and did one final workout visiting a couple of gyms and they were empty. I can see on social media members are panicking they'll be charged while gyms are closed showing little regard that these franchises are owned by everyday people who will be in a deep hole if everyone cancels tomorrow.

Anyway my attitude has changed a lot in the past couple of weeks. Extreme isolation measures are necessary to knock this thing on the head and mitigate further economic damage and casualties. The problem right now is shopping for groceries so maybe the stockpilers got it right since they can hide out and live off frozen food. Given there are strict limits of how much you can buy like only two meat products, etc. it means you've got to visit more often which increases the risk of exposure to this and spreading it.

The big fella here sums it up

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Businesses are allowed to operate with essential staff I thought (operative staff/ maintenance / processing). Supply has a bunch of shocks but I thought commerce was to be generally operative.

Of course it depends on relative area. I'm not even sure if California's general order is consistent with my county's.

This was Bondi beach in Sydney yesterday. So much for social distancing. Forced the government to act.

-=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -=FLEX=- has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    I can see on social media members are panicking they'll be charged while gyms are closed showing little regard that these franchises are owned by everyday people who will be in a deep hole if everyone cancels tomorrow.
    I have 3 memberships to different gyms and they are all big chains.

The real estate market here doesn't really allow for small owner-operator type gyms. A 3,000 square foot unit in a retail plaza is going to run $7k/month just for the lease, plus utilities and insurance. The numbers just don't work here for small gyms like that; they all go bankrupt real quick. I looked into buying one near my house a couple years ago; completed the non-disclosure agreement and everything. Seller said it was profitable with +90k cash flow/year but it was bankrupt with locks on the doors weeks later. The big boys run the numbers game and charge $10/month like planet fitness so that's what the market is now.

Anywho I was going to cancel one of them anyway; the one furthest from my house as I haven't been there in a couple months. I guess I'll have to wait until it open again to do that? No idea how long this lockdown will last but I watched a vid yesterday from the Canadian health minister and she said this is going to continue for months, not weeks, and probably will get more restrictive shortly.

I have no idea how the economy is going to survive with all these people out of work and no end in sight.

We were talking about selling our little townhouse and upgrading. Obviously that's on hold now....

God this is depressing, isn't it?
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Are you also 100% work from home?

According to my models and simulations (no march madness to tinker with) we are very close to where china was 15 days after the 500th case. Their active cases peaked at day 27 (after the 500th). Since it was unseen to them and they're several times more population dense, there's no reason we can't follow suit at the minimum. Like Mr. Silver told Daniel, extreme situations require extreme measures.
    DR. 3time (until they quit, or it'd be DR. 6time)
    Did you really think you can attack Cobra Kai and there wouldn't be any consequences?
    They drew first blood not me
    Brewers, Bucks, Badgers, Packers
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    God this is depressing, isn't it?
    Very much so. Life here is probably quite similar to Canada so I'm always interested in how things are being handled over there. Have they closed schools in your area? They're currently leaving them open here which not everyone is pleased with. Taiwan left schools open and got on top of it.

Originally Posted by Orlando1234977 View Post
    According to my models and simulations (no march madness to tinker with) we are very close to where china was 15 days after the 500th case. Their active cases peaked at day 27 (after the 500th). Since it was unseen to them and they're several times more population dense, there's no reason we can't follow suit at the minimum. Like Mr. Silver told Daniel, extreme situations require extreme measures.
    I don't think Americans would be comfortable with the measures China put in place. You're also talking about a communist country which has much greater control over its people and what is being reported. Are you looking at the same numbers I am? New cases reported have surged in the last 15 hours.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Very much so. Life here is probably quite similar to Canada so I'm always interested in how things are being handled over there. Have they closed schools in your area? They're currently leaving them open here which not everyone is pleased with. Taiwan left schools open and got on top of it.

I don't think Americans would be comfortable with the measures China put in place. You're also talking about a communist country which has much greater control over its people and what is being reported. Are you looking at the same numbers I am? New cases reported have surged in the last 15 hours.

Active cases in china were at 28,985 15~ days after the 500th case. I'm not sure what you're missing.
    Did you really think you can attack Cobra Kai and there wouldn't be any consequences?
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Active cases in china were at 28,985 15~ days after the 500th case. I'm not sure what you're missing.
    I'm not sure why you'd use how a communist country who can hardly be trusted to accurately report anything as a benchmark for the US. Anyway now is not the time to be arguing anything so disregard my comments. It's not looking good for Spain right now. Almost 400 deaths in the last 15 hours, behind Italy.

Everywhere you look people are hurting whether it's financially or health wise. And by health I don't just mean the virus. This is going to exact a massive psychological toll. The last thing people who suffer from depression need is more social distance. This thing has its tentacles in everything. Give it time and it will impact the crime rate as people become more desperate. Flex summed it up — it's depressing.

I'm not sure why you'd use how a communist country who can hardly be trusted to accurately report anything as a benchmark for the US. Anyway now is not the time to be arguing anything so disregard my comments. It's not looking good for Spain right now. Almost 400 deaths in the last 15 hours, behind Italy.

Everywhere you look people are hurting whether it's financially or health wise. And by health I don't just mean the virus. This is going to exact a massive psychological toll. The last thing people who suffer from depression need is more social distance. This thing has its tentacles in everything. Give it time and it will impact the crime rate as people become more desperate. Flex summed it up — it's depressing.
    As far as the reporting, I thought about that too, especially when seeing such a steep decline curve in active cases after their peek. But I think officials from the world health organization would be all over it if it were grossly misstated.
    I'm the last person to boast about communist state, but from a science perspective I think it's helpful to recognize. Especially if we don't get a grip on it anytime soon.
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/03/21/e...ntl/index.html

"Testing and identification of cases, tracing contacts, isolation, these are all measures that WHO proposes and recommends, and they were in place all the time," she said. "And the social distancing is the second component that really also started relatively early."

Rospotrebnadzor, Russia's state consumer watchdog, said Saturday that it had run more than 156,000 coronavirus tests in total. By comparison, according to CDC figures, the United States only picked up the pace in testing at the beginning of March, while Russia says it has been testing en masse since early February, including in airports, focusing on travelers from Iran, China, and South Korea.

That's not to say there were no holes in Russia's defenses. Russia didn't start testing those arriving from Italy or other badly affected EU countries immediately, limiting its controls for arrivals from Europe to taking temperatures and imposing two-week quarantines. The majority of the coronavirus cases reported in Russia were brought from Italy, according to health officials.

Over 43,000 US cases, this is ridiculous. The blueprint to defeat this (for now) is already out there, and china isn't the only one.
    Is Drago's manager right, has our society really become that pathetic and weak? We're not talking years, simply weeks, to follow order for the sake of health.
    Have the black boots on the ground to beat any selfish tardo they see movement from. Better than having our beloved seniors fight for their life in a tent.
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

I heard China did isolation without so much social distancing awareness. That along with them being ground zero, I think it's pretty circumstantial if your numbers deviate from there's too badly.

Like if US reports are temporally consistent with China's then I'd assume that we'd have to go out of our way to screw up and not follow their recovery rates.

Of course I guess, overly strong recovery rate is kind of antithetical to social distancing. Technically you're going to the distance with the virus when you implement distancing in order to preserve hospital infrastructure so it might be a different curve.

Over 43,000 US cases, this is ridiculous. The blueprint to defeat this (for now) is already out there, and china isn't the only one.
    Is Drago's manager right, has our society really become that pathetic and weak? We're not talking years, simply weeks, to follow order for the sake of health.
    Have the black boots on the ground to beat any selfish tardo they see movement from. Better than having our beloved seniors fight for their life in a tent.
    The more people flout these restrictions the longer they'll remain in place and the greater the economic fallout. It's like a festering sore. Let it heal so we can move on.

As bad as it is at least we can take some solace in the fact it's everywhere. We're all in the same boat. So in a strange way it kind of brings us closer since we're all dealing with the same issues.

Apparently covid wasn't really a match for Japan's civil structure.

So I'm tracking the reported cases as per my county's website, and since the 9th it's gone to the mid 20's. Biggest jump was a couple days ago from 15-22. So needless to say it is at a very small percentage of the entire county, and we seem to be just about ahead of the curve as far as social distancing (by time), but I really do tend to wonder how long that count will continue to go up and how daunting it might feel if it steadily crept its way at this rate to like half the county.

im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) im2manly has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Are you also 100% work from home?

Yea been working home since Thursday. Its been tough. I am pretty social and get cabin fever pretty easily. But you'd have to be a dumba55 to not do what they say. My mind was blown at those spring break idjits

I am pretty social and get cabin fever pretty easily.
    Sorting out the training situation with some home gym equipment might help keep you sane. At least you'll have an hour in the day where you feel like you can progress on something rather than just sitting in a chair "consuming" e.g. watching TV.

Now that I've got all the equipment I'm past the stage of missing the gym even if it was weird to see all the lights off. I see this as a challenge to get even better results. I also like the idea of putting the trap bar in the car with a few plates and training near the water somewhere just for a complete change of scenery.

I binge watch tv and do calisthenics all day while episodes are on. Or work with a set of 25 lb dbs.

Sorting out the training situation with some home gym equipment might help keep you sane. At least you'll have an hour in the day where you feel like you can progress on something rather than just sitting in a chair "consuming" e.g. watching TV.

Now that I've got all the equipment I'm past the stage of missing the gym even if it was weird to see all the lights off. I see this as a challenge to get even better results. I also like the idea of putting the trap bar in the car with a few plates and training near the water somewhere just for a complete change of scenery.

haha, manly, do you have time for television during the work day?

Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    I binge watch tv and do calisthenics all day while episodes are on. Or work with a set of 25 lb dbs.
    haha you're fired.
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

Look at the cnn pikers try to steal my content:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/25/healt...day/index.html
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

haha you're fired.