2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Tip...and an important one!

High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Tip...and an important one!

If you're timing your HIIT like this: 25 second sprints with 10 seconds rest between them for a total of X minutes........you aren't really sprinting and you also aren't doing HIIT.

Real HIIT causes enough fatigue from EACH interval that you literally can't start another interval 10 seconds later. For most, they can't even start another interval 60 seconds later.

Here's a fact; if you can do an interval, then start up another interval 10 seconds later, you didn't work hard enough during that interval.

I know there are many people who do this, so this post should open some eyes!
    Have a coaching, training, nutrition question? PM me!

William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) William2018 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Excellent advice. I do HIIT on a high gradient hillside. Start with a jog and when I approach the foot of the hill I run like my life depends on it (axe murderer chasing me up the hill). Takes about 30 seconds, and then I stop and rest. There is absolutely no way I could immediately resume jogging, and no way I could rest for just 10 seconds. My heart is pounding, my breathing is rapid, and the sweat is lashing. I take several mouthfuls of water as I walk back down each time, and about 80 seconds later I'm ready to go again. My school fitness instructor 20 years ago used to tell our class "Don't stop until I see you spit iron." Never realized what he meant until I did HIIT and I could taste blood and metal. I learned that it is caused by the air pressure changing rapidly in the lungs which causes red blood cells to release and they contain iron, which create that distinct metallic taste - and the expression 'spit iron'. I do HIIT 2/3 times per week. Great way to keep metabolism up.

Replies in 1/2 hr - 3 day GeneralSerpant's Avatar
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by William2018 View Post
    Excellent advice. I do HIIT on a high gradient hillside. Start with a jog and when I approach the foot of the hill I run like my life depends on it (axe murderer chasing me up the hill). Takes about 30 seconds, and then I stop and rest. There is absolutely no way I could immediately resume jogging, and no way I could rest for just 10 seconds. My heart is pounding, my breathing is rapid, and the sweat is lashing. I take several mouthfuls of water as I walk back down each time, and about 80 seconds later I'm ready to go again. My school fitness instructor 20 years ago used to tell our class "Don't stop until I see you spit iron." Never realized what he meant until I did HIIT and I could taste blood and metal. I learned that it is caused by the air pressure changing rapidly in the lungs which causes red blood cells to release and they contain iron, which create that distinct metallic taste - and the expression 'spit iron'. I do HIIT 2/3 times per week. Great way to keep metabolism up.
    I've always wondered what that is. I can get them by doing a half-mile on the treadmill before conditioned.

2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2020Wellness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by William2018 View Post
    That's really interesting about the iron taste Thanks for talking about that and I learned something new each day. Your method sounds like true HIIT, which is awesome to see.
    Have a coaching, training, nutrition question? PM me!