Page 235 of 237 FirstFirst ... 135 185 225 233 234 235 236 237 LastLast
Results 7,021 to 7,050 of 7086
    GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by W8isGR8 View Post
    You can do all of them if you want, or none. It's all personal preference. What's the goal?
    Thought you'd never ask.

Not looking to get super big but just put on a decent amount of muscle. Maybe get a six pack. Looking into the diet approaches and I think I want to main gain with intermittent fasting.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GeneralSerpant View Post
    Thought you'd never ask.

Not looking to get super big but just put on a decent amount of muscle. Maybe get a six pack. Looking into the diet approaches and I think I want to main gain with intermittent fasting.
    This plan is rough but it works:

IF diet + GVT(high volume training)

Starve all day, do a huge workout (try not to pass out), eat a huge meal post-workout

Maximize nutrient partitioning
    I don't know either lol

demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Dominik View Post
    It's scary to think there are people posting on this site who were born after we joined.

I'm not sure what year I joined here, but I have been divorced going on 10 years and I think I joined while married...lots has happened in 10 years but pretty much all for the better. No complaints.
    Have you done something today to take yourself to the next level?

Always thinking of making $$ crew

Help Others. Be Humble. Life is Great.

W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) W8isGR8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by demike View Post
    I'm not sure what year I joined here, but I have been divorced going on 10 years and I think I joined while married...lots has happened in 10 years but pretty much all for the better. No complaints.
    Bro.....it literally has your join date under your pic
    I don't know either lol

GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GeneralSerpant has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Weirdly enough not on mobile.

demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) demike has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Im using mobile,so isn't showing. What's my date say?
    Have you done something today to take yourself to the next level?

Always thinking of making $$ crew

Help Others. Be Humble. Life is Great.

Originally Posted by demike View Post
    Im using mobile,so isn't showing. What's my date say?
    Jun 2008
    I don't know either lol

Did Jeff Nippard, Mike Israel, and now Greg Doucette just start lifting yesterday?

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Jun 2008
    Class of '05
    J.L.C. Apr 2005
    W8isGR8 Jun 2005
    Lencho Nov 2005

Did Jeff Nippard, Mike Israel, and now Greg Doucette just start lifting yesterday?
    While there's a lot of great information most "content creators" on social platforms have something to sell. Keep that in mind.

The basics work and there's no reason to make training and diet more complicated unless you're at an advanced level (most people aren't) or an athlete where exercises are more specific with periodization to peak for certain events, etc.

If your goal is building muscle and general strength settle on a basic program/split and simply add weight/reps with the occasional maintenance or deload week when you're feeling fatigued or take a week off. If you're concerned about form on certain exercises record a video and ask for feedback. Warm up properly.

For the first couple of years I did 3-5 sets x 10 reps on everything and was in the gym 5-6 days a week. I was fortunate to have the gym across the road from my apartment in the city and I could sleep as much as I wanted. Shoveled in the protein and calories, got results, and gained about 60lbs — my starting point was probably 30lbs underweight. It didn't matter if there was a better way, it was working because I put 100% in. Once I joined here I'd look at what other people were doing, experiment with it in the gym to see if it worked for me while allowing enough time for it to actually produce results, rinse repeat. Continue doing what worked and discard what didn't.

If I had a peak it was probably 2010 given I was eating as much as a pro strongman but nearly 14 years on, eating a lot less, I could go back in a time machine and keep pace with that guy today. In some areas I'm stronger and have a lot more endurance. So for me a big key to all this was longevity. I could have chased specific numbers, torn a bunch of sh*t, and be a wreck today. Those who did that get my full respect but I enjoy training too much for that. It's like you can tune a car to ridiculous power levels and have a lot of fun with it but for how long? Just my 2 cents.

While there's a lot of great information most "content creators" on social platforms have something to sell. Keep that in mind.

The basics work and there's no reason to make training and diet more complicated unless you're at an advanced level (most people aren't) or an athlete where exercises are more specific with periodization to peak for certain events, etc.

If your goal is building muscle and general strength settle on a basic program/split and simply add weight/reps with the occasional maintenance or deload week when you're feeling fatigued or take a week off. If you're concerned about form on certain exercises record a video and ask for feedback. Warm up properly.
    Well even a gym or weights is somewhat overrated imo. You're talking about muscle mass which will indubitably require serious lifting to get the best there is to offer, but that's also of the most dedicated training for that specific of a purpose. On the way to those strength levels, the manner of which you train is mostly fungible whether it's weights or just calisthenics here and there. 98% of the weight gain is considerably soft in the mid run for muscle alone.

For the first couple of years I did 3-5 sets x 10 reps on everything and was in the gym 5-6 days a week. I was fortunate to have the gym across the road from my apartment in the city and I could sleep as much as I wanted. Shoveled in the protein and calories, got results, and gained about 60lbs — my starting point was probably 30lbs underweight. It didn't matter if there was a better way, it was working because I put 100% in. Once I joined here I'd look at what other people were doing, experiment with it in the gym to see if it worked for me while allowing enough time for it to actually produce results, rinse repeat. Continue doing what worked and discard what didn't.
    Just the way that I've paced my workout and worked exclusively on leveraging capability, there's not really anything that I see as not really working for me in the gym. That's particularly nice at this point when I can think of exercises that have wrekt me in the past and then just kind of reissue them as regular workout protocols.

If I had a peak it was probably 2010 given I was eating as much as a pro strongman but nearly 14 years on, eating a lot less, I could go back in a time machine and keep pace with that guy today. In some areas I'm stronger and have a lot more endurance. So for me a big key to all this was longevity. I could have chased specific numbers, torn a bunch of sh*t, and be a wreck today. Those who did that get my full respect but I enjoy training too much for that. It's like you can tune a car to ridiculous power levels and have a lot of fun with it but for how long? Just my 2 cents.
    The actual training proficiency is much less temporal than the body weight. Coordination needs to be upkept by its own right, but it tends to stick around the most in spite of nutritional discrepancies.

So now all Ipads and Iphones have USB instead of the lightning cable. Another example of the government flexing its power over the business just trying to protect its product design.

Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) Orlando1234977 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Class of '05
    J.L.C. Apr 2005
    W8isGR8 Jun 2005
    Lencho Nov 2005
    Class of '06
    Orlando1234977
    Ossizzen
    Thread OP Chazzy 1864
    the taab kid

Been eating a lot less cals too. Mostly through a large increase of vegetables to go with the meat, as opposed to fries and all the high carb alternatives. Something that was never considered in earlier years. Makes a big difference.
    DR. 3time
    Wisconsin Badgers, Green Bay Packers, Milwaukee Bucks
    ~Cobra Kai Crew~

flex Magazine June 2008 spirit3530's Avatar
    spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Class of '05
    J.L.C. Apr 2005
    W8isGR8 Jun 2005
    Lencho Nov 2005

For some reason, I decided to post today? ... haven't thought about the forum in a while.
    Cha Cha Cha

Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz Dominik has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by spirit3530 View Post
    For some reason, I decided to post today? ... haven't thought about the forum in a while.
    How have you been Sage?

Can't do a drive by post without giving the old crew an update.

spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spirit3530 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How have you been Sage?

Can't do a drive by post without giving the old crew an update.
    Well, I have been good, literally "living my best life". Lots of world traveling. Raising kids, became a grandpa ... becoming weaker

How are you doin?
    Cha Cha Cha

Class of '05
    J.L.C. Apr 2005
    W8isGR8 Jun 2005
    Lencho Nov 2005

Anyways, the topic at hand was lengthened partials as a mass building technique. The detail now is that studies have given evidence to lengthened partials being most proficient of mass building techniques employed to supplement training, such as forced negatives, pyramids, etc... The interesting detail has to do with lengthened partials being more effective than doing the full rep at the same range, which is an interesting tidbit if I do say so myself.

Anyways, the topic at hand was lengthened partials as a mass building technique. The detail now is that studies have given evidence to lengthened partials being most proficient of mass building techniques employed to supplement training, such as forced negatives, pyramids, etc... The interesting detail has to do with lengthened partials being more effective than doing the full rep at the same range, which is an interesting tidbit if I do say so myself.
    I prefer to focus on full range of motion so I don't develop any weaknesses that could increase the injury risk. Occasionally I'll do higher reps and focus more on the part of the ROM that targets the muscle but let's say you're doing chest and you focus on the bottom half doing those partials — what if your tris become weaker and when you increase the weights you pull something at the back of your arm locking it out?

Something I try to do is when I have a heavy day where I might make form adjustments to lift more weight like more of an arch on seated shoulder press or using some momentum on heavy bent over rows I'll make sure to then back the weight off and use textbook form.

For example I'll do most of my BB rows hips back, almost parallel to the floor, keeping everything under tension, head still, and that's good for around 2 1/2-3 plates a side for sets of 10. But going beyond that for more than 5 reps requires me to loosen up the form a bit. Both are effective. I haven't followed a program in a long time so I base everything off how I feel warming up. If I feel strong and I haven't gone heavy in a while I might go for a PR. A program can't take into account sleep, stress, diet, etc. I don't want to go into the gym feeling like crap and attempt a PR just because it's telling me to. Conversely there have been times I felt flat when I walked in, didn't eat, etc., but after a few sets felt good and ended up hitting a PR.

Well, I have been good, literally "living my best life". Lots of world traveling. Raising kids, became a grandpa ... becoming weaker

How are you doin?
    Becoming a grandpa. Now that's a big deal. Congratulations.

Doing okay here. Training 4x a week and playing guitar late at night. Need to make time for landscape photography which was another enjoyable hobby.

The main emphasis is on lowering stress. Sometimes all it takes is hanging out with a friend when a game is on and shooting the sh*t.

Becoming a grandpa. Now that's a big deal. Congratulations.

Doing okay here. Training 4x a week and playing guitar late at night. Need to make time for landscape photography which was another enjoyable hobby.

The main emphasis is on lowering stress. Sometimes all it takes is hanging out with a friend when a game is on and shooting the sh*t.

Right on!

Getting old has it's perks. Are you any good at the guitar?
    Cha Cha Cha

Are you any good at the guitar?
    Not sure how to define good but I started when i was 12. Had a long break from around when I joined here until 2016.

Posted this in the guitar thread a few days ago.

The most important thing is playing an instrument really clears your mind. When I started playing again as mentioned earlier I felt better for it. Without getting too deep I think something we can tend to ignore as we get older with more responsibilities, focusing more on others, etc. are the things that make us happy. Might be a hobby you only have half an hour to do after work for example or a few hours on a weekend, but it gives you something to look forward to.

Not sure how to define good but I started when i was 12. Had a long break from around when I joined here until 2016.

Posted this in the guitar thread a few days ago.

The most important thing is playing an instrument really clears your mind. When I started playing again as mentioned earlier I felt better for it. Without getting too deep I think something we can tend to ignore as we get older with more responsibilities, focusing more on others, etc. are the things that make us happy. Might be a hobby you only have half an hour to do after work for example or a few hours on a weekend, but it gives you something to look forward to.
    I get what you mean. I started socially dancing argentine tango and traveling to do it. I don't compete at it but it clears my mind.

The other perk is friends all over the world and eating their food.
    Cha Cha Cha

I prefer to focus on full range of motion so I don't develop any weaknesses that could increase the injury risk. Occasionally I'll do higher reps and focus more on the part of the ROM that targets the muscle but let's say you're doing chest and you focus on the bottom half doing those partials — what if your tris become weaker and when you increase the weights you pull something at the back of your arm locking it out?

Something I try to do is when I have a heavy day where I might make form adjustments to lift more weight like more of an arch on seated shoulder press or using some momentum on heavy bent over rows I'll make sure to then back the weight off and use textbook form.

For example I'll do most of my BB rows hips back, almost parallel to the floor, keeping everything under tension, head still, and that's good for around 2 1/2-3 plates a side for sets of 10. But going beyond that for more than 5 reps requires me to loosen up the form a bit. Both are effective. I haven't followed a program in a long time so I base everything off how I feel warming up. If I feel strong and I haven't gone heavy in a while I might go for a PR. A program can't take into account sleep, stress, diet, etc. I don't want to go into the gym feeling like crap and attempt a PR just because it's telling me to. Conversely there have been times I felt flat when I walked in, didn't eat, etc., but after a few sets felt good and ended up hitting a PR.
    Is there a lot of carryover? Either within a muscle group or between them?

A lot of what you’re saying makes more sense now in days, but yeah I stick more to homing in on more precise form and only go into HI or explosiveness selectively.

The more I’ve done it though, the more I notice that form modulations on one exercise for one muscle group tend to work for marking improvements for different muscle groups even.

I get what you mean. I started socially dancing argentine tango and traveling to do it. I don't compete at it but it clears my mind.

The other perk is friends all over the world and eating their food.
    They have Zumba! at my gym.

Is there a lot of carryover? Either within a muscle group or between them?

A lot of what you’re saying makes more sense now in days, but yeah I stick more to homing in on more precise form and only go into HI or explosiveness selectively.

The more I’ve done it though, the more I notice that form modulations on one exercise for one muscle group tend to work for marking improvements for different muscle groups even.

They have Zumba! at my gym.
    Well... another way to sweat...
    Cha Cha Cha

So now all Ipads and Iphones have USB instead of the lightning cable. Another example of the government flexing its power over the business just trying to protect its product design.
    Good, f**k "proprietary" crap that serves no actual purpose other than making money. Standardization FTW
    I don't know either lol

The most important thing is playing an instrument really clears your mind.
    Finally came to the realization that I fall somewhere on the Autism spectrum because of this exact thing. I've always enjoyed the peace that come with zoning out while practicing a piece over and over. Exactly the same reason I love the gym, my ADHD brain gets hypnotized by the repetition and I can finally have some inner peace.

I've never felt comfortable calling myself a musician, but music production has really been my passion lately. I can create songs but its the tweaking of things in the arrangements and post-production that is really exciting now.

After getting used to my 7-string my next purchase is going to be a 5-string bass so I can match. Possible 8-string in the future, those variable-scale guitars look interesting.
    I don't know either lol

Good, f**k "proprietary" crap that serves no actual purpose other than making money. Standardization FTW
    Nothing's faster than lightning though.

After getting used to my 7-string my next purchase is going to be a 5-string bass so I can match. Possible 8-string in the future, those variable-scale guitars look interesting.
    Nice. I think I mentioned to you before that I regret not getting a white Ibanez Universe (UV7PWH) back in the day. Used market is crazy these days.

Last edited by Dominik; 12-14-2023 at 12:52 AM.

Nice. I think I mentioned to you before that I regret not getting a white Ibanez Universe (UV7PWH) back in the day. Used market is crazy these days.

I'd kill myself before I dealt with re-stringing a 7-string with a floyd rose lol
    Last edited by Dominik; 12-14-2023 at 12:52 AM.
    I don't know either lol

I'd kill myself before I dealt with re-stringing a 7-string with a floyd rose lol
    Not that difficult if you do it one string at a time. I block mine.

Cons: You need a tool to hold a saddle in place for intonation and you can't adjust the height (without shims).
    Pros: Fine tuners. Ergonomics. Most comfortable bridge I've played by a mile. Tuning stability when locked and blocked. Mick Thomson from Slipknot used a fixed version of that bridge.

Thumbs up

I burned 1700 calories today per the numbers on the screens.