Registered User Blakethesnake13's Avatar
    Blakethesnake13 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

On a budget Diet?

Hey guys just joined the forum so hopefully this is the right thread, I'm starting to work out again but I really want to do it right this time. Id like to know if anyone has a grocery type list of foods I can get or make on a 50-100$ budget, a week. Also just a little info on myself on 6'1 and 160lbs, I have a pretty high metabolism, plan on posting pics soon for my day one. Im looking to gain mass but still have the chiseled look, hopefully that makes sense.
    Last edited by Blakethesnake13; 06-13-2016 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Typo

No Longer Look Like This InItForFitness's Avatar
    InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) InItForFitness has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your goals are typical and should be better defined and kept simple.

Stop focusing on one aspect of your body and focus on full physique development. Also, stop worrying about staying defined and packing on size, odds are you have a lot of room/need to grow a muscle base and should be focusing on that before worrying any about definition. You have to have muscle before you can show it.

As for dieting on a budget...Watch all of these...

Additional Tips
    Look for sales/specials
    Clip coupons
    Buy in bulk
    �USMC (2009-2013) �

▬ *Former* Wanna-Be Powerlifter : Best Total : 1300 (440/320/540) @ 168lbs BW (W/ Wraps) ▬

♦Currently full on dad-bod status (minus the dad part)

*NEW TRAINING LOG* ; https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178104781

lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50) lmcfreekz will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If you can buy bulk, then you can get some serious savings... storage can be a pain in the ass if you're living in the city and space is at a bit of a premium...

Not sure this is the same for your location, but based on where I am, I get best value on:

Protein - chicken breast... cheapest protein out, and just so happens to be my first choice even if it wasn't... canned tuna is my fall back and is getting a lot of love recently since they've been running two for one deals on a brand here... full price isn't great value here, but I always remember getting good value on it over the years in various locations... Eggs... I've always found Dory and Tilapia to be your entry level fish on $$$, but never really got into the habit of eating them...

Veg - frozen peas, loose spinach, tomatoes, onions, snap beans... best bang for my buck on those peas... awesome for nutrition and ease of storage / cooking...

Fruit - I stick to apples, pears and bananas from the store... I get good deals on mangos, dragon fruit, papaya and melon based on where I am, but I've never really got into the habit of buying and eating them...

Carbs - brown rice... I'd buy bigger for cost if I could, but I rarely see it in more than a 2kg option... only the white that comes in big old 10kg bags...

Pick up some spices like chilli, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, turmeric, salt, pepper to make things interesting...

CaraG73 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I can save a lot of money by shopping at Costco. But you have to plan without so that you actually consume all of the food and not let any of that go to waste, otherwise you'll just be losing money