ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Why is my boss a jerk?

Been working a new job I got a couple weeks ago in a warehouse. Finishing up highschool and I'm working every mon-fri 30+ hours a week. I get that bosses are suppose to be uptight and shiz but today was ridiculous. I was bagging one of the products and as I'm writing the product # on said product, my boss comes over and starts yelling at me and lecturing me about ''standing around'' and that I should always be looking for tasks to complete and if I'm standing around then I'm not going to get to work here... This went on for about 5 mins or so and I was just like WTF.

Obviously I'm still new here and getting the grasp of how everything works and obviously I'm not a 10/10 worker in this location yet, but I feel like I am one of the hardest working at this job out of the people working there and I'm the only one busting a sweat at the end of the day.

I basically got yelled at about not working, even tho I was working... I honestly felt like slapping him in the face.

If this happens again what should I do? Tell him off? Stand my ground? Or just accept that I'm in a lower position and cant do much about it? Or quit

Cliffs:
    OP gets new job
    OP works hard
    Boss gets mad even tho OP worked hard
    This has been thrilling, Ruth.

⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠⎝ ⎠⎝⎠⎝⎠ triglyceride's Avatar
    triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) triglyceride has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    look him deep in the eyes

pause for about 5 seconds, to where a trickle of sweat rolls down his forehead

then say "I wanna suck your dick, no homo"

OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OaklandCali is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Disregard the #2 post. Ask the boss what you are doing wrong. From your perspective you feel that you're doing right but it isn't. Once he explains why tell him that the person who trained you showed you this way. (To deflect) he gets fired then you get a promotion.
    Oakland Raiders

ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ChildOfPoodle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bump

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็ กิิิ Gsxr25's Avatar
    Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Gsxr25 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Welcome to minimum wage jobs aka slave work.
    80% of the time all of the time.

zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) zhengterry has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol just nod and agree with whatever ur boss is saying

do ur work right

if u think hes gonna fire u then just no show

mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mchabs has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you're still a pee on

don't let him be little you. if you're the hard worker you say you are, let it be known.

Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000) Mythenthefang is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by ChildOfPoodle View Post
    Been working a new job I got a couple weeks ago in a warehouse. Finishing up highschool and I'm working every mon-fri 30+ hours a week. I get that bosses are suppose to be uptight and shiz but today was ridiculous. I was bagging one of the products and as I'm writing the product # on said product, my boss comes over and starts yelling at me and lecturing me about ''standing around'' and that I should always be looking for tasks to complete and if I'm standing around then I'm not going to get to work here... This went on for about 5 mins or so and I was just like WTF.

Obviously I'm still new here and getting the grasp of how everything works and obviously I'm not a 10/10 worker in this location yet, but I feel like I am one of the hardest working at this job out of the people working there and I'm the only one busting a sweat at the end of the day.

I basically got yelled at about not working, even tho I was working... I honestly felt like slapping him in the face.

If this happens again what should I do? Tell him off? Stand my ground? Or just accept that I'm in a lower position and cant do much about it? Or quit

Cliffs:
    OP gets new job
    OP works hard
    Boss gets mad even tho OP worked hard
    Found your problem

No hopers who are "bosses" at **** jobs are mad as **** at the world and do anything to belittle people to make themselves feel better

give it 5 years he'll be replaced by a robot
    Natty poverty maintenance crew

Actual economist crew

Austrian school crew

Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tornach has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He is probably there for life and the pay is probably bad?
    Rustling NPCs' jimmies without even trying crew

"I've watched a lot of movies, I know what I'm doing."

"The Best Revenge is Massive Success"

Not going to be a Darkseeker crew.

RIP Duckenheimer
    RIP SemperFudge

bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bezarker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    How you gonna rip it like that son? I don't play that, cause its action, I go... pat, pat, pat 'cause i'm black son! That's right, i'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep. I'm the black sheep, the real black sheep.
    Doodle-it, doodle-it, doodle-it-doo!

TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TheSteve39 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you find yourself in that situation again, politely and professionally explain that you're preparing and finishing up an order.

I agree with some of the other posters that your boss is likely not a happy person and probably sees you (a new, young employee) as an easy outlet for someone to push around.

I disagree, however, with what you mentioned about bosses needing to be uptight. I've had part time jobs and internships when I was younger and I've been working for 7+ years since I've graduated and have had a slew of bosses in my life. Some good, some bad. A good supervisor/manager treats their employees with respect and knows how to motivate and won't belittle you.

If you find that this environment isn't suitable to you, look for a new job while keeping this one. If you're going to college in the fall, treat this job as a stepping stone toward your future but don't burn any bridges, you might need to work there over winter break or next summer for some extra money.

Hope this helps!

Thanks for the info guys. It's actually really good pay for my first job. I make $17.21/hour and it is part of a union. I don't think I will find a better job than this til I am finished school so I was just worried about being fired or something and being pushed around to the point where I leave

WolfZag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WolfZag has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All the bosses are pricks.