saikyonootoko has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

AdiPower(weightlifting shoes) Sizing Question

Hello everyone!

To those who have bought Adidas AdiPower can you help me with what size I should get? I am very confused because according to the internet I should be getting sa 7.5 US because my foot size is 9.7" x 3.78". However most of my shoes are 9 or 9.5 US although it has allowance in the toe area but tight on the width part. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this thread.

P.P.S. Our country doesn't sell this shoe so I have to order online that's why I need it to be snug/perfect fit as much as possible
    Last edited by saikyonootoko; 06-09-2016 at 09:50 PM.

c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500) c00nc4t is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What was recommended to me was to try on a pair of adidas running shoes, which should be available at many shoe stores. The sizing should be the same as on the Adipowers. I did this and ended up ordering a half-size bigger than what I thought I was going to need, and I'm glad I did because the fit ended up perfect.

MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MonkeyT is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It´s a tough one, because you want such a snug fit it really is a game of luck when getting them online, feet are different even if they are the "same size" as someone elses - with a snug lifting shoe, it makes a difference imo. People seem to have varying experiences, like c00nc4t who went up a half size, I went down half from my usual Adidas shoe size (from what I remember, most people go down a half size, probably because most people have a more relaxed fit in their normal day to day shoes).

I think you need to be wary of width, more than anything. I found the Adipower very tight on the width and exchanged them for Romaleos which fitted me much better. If you have anything of a wide foot I would probably rethink whether to get Adipowers, no-one with wide feet seems to have had good experience with them.

When I bought the Adipower I went down a half size, from my usual Adidas shoe, they were fine for length but width were too tight. This said, my previous Adidas Powerlifts were a tad tight in width when I bought them and they bed in nicely after a few sessions of use - so they will stretch slightly.

In your case, I find it very hard to swallow that you need to go down from 9/9.5 to 7.5 - That is a large jump.

Originally Posted by saikyonootoko View Post
    Hello everyone!

To those who have bought Adidas AdiPower can you help me with what size I should get? I am very confused because according to the internet I should be getting sa 7.5 US because my foot size is 9.7" x 3.78". However most of my shoes are 9 or 9.5 US although it has allowance in the toe area but tight on the width part. Can someone please help me with this? Thanks!

P.S. Sorry if this is the wrong section to post this thread.

P.P.S. Our country doesn't sell this shoe so I have to order online that's why I need it to be snug/perfect fit as much as possible
    ▪██─────██▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #75 ▪██─────██▪

KimeraII has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I don't know about Adipower, but i am sure about Adidas Powerlift 2.0.
    They are always a powerlift shoes.

Adidas are strange about shoe size.
    I suggest to try them because Adidas powerlift shoes wear very tight on toes.

If you can't try them, check about JP size on your sneakers and other gym shoes.
    US and EU size will always change, but JP size will be always the same.

I wear 44 EU and US change between 10-10.5, but for every shoes JP is always 285.
    So my Adidas size is JP 285 = 442/3EU = 10.5US
    To be sure, if you don't already have a pair, try some Stan Smith in some shop. (And if you don't find Adipower in shops, because for example here i can only buy them on line).

BUT it is not all. This is your starting point to know your Adidas sure size.
    I wear 10.5 US Adidas size surely, but my Adidas Powerlift 10.5 size were very tight on toes, so I need US 11.
    I suggest to buy 0,5 more size for powerlifting shoes.

If you must to shop online I suggest to you to buy from Adidas official online store.
    Check about return policy.
    Buy your sure Adidas size (JP size, trying Stan smith in a shoes shop), and if you find them tight on toes, return them and with the money that return you, you can buy Adipower 0,5 more size (from US 10 to US 10.5 for example)