Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50)

If I Do Hypertrophy Strength Training Can I also Do Crossfit At The Same Time?

So if I do bodybuilding can I do crossfit later in the day?

Or rather If I do crossfit how much bodybuilding can I do?

Say I wanna do both for 3 weeks.
    Is that too much?
    Keep false accusations out of your sig line

mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000) mike33511 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Manatk View Post
    So if I do bodybuilding can I do crossfit later in the day?
    Sounds like a great way to injure yourself.

TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TimCross69 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    just lol at cross fit

Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50) Manatk will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mike33511 View Post
    Sounds like a great way to injure yourself.
    OK a few questions then
    1) If I only do crossfit how often per week for muscle mass gain?
    2) If I take 3 weeks off bodybuilding for 3 weeks of crossfit will I lose muscle mass?
    Keep false accusations out of your sig line

BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000) BrennanMWhite is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OK a few questions then
    2) If I take 3 weeks off bodybuilding for 3 weeks of crossfit will I lose muscle mass?
    Crossfit and bodybuilding are not mutually exclusive . If anything, crossfit is a type of training that is similar to Olympic training - which some people do for bodybuilding. Crossfit focuses more on the functional spectrum of excercises and bodybuilding is muscle developement

All that to say- you can build muscle either way. If you had a specific program, that would be easier to analyze.
    Current Log | https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173823581
    Store Reviews | http://reviews.bodybuilding.com/supplement-reviews/brennanmwhite

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hey guys, havent you read the crossfit website? Coach says CF is the best program for hypertrophy out there for natural lifters. Coach is never wrong. CF is never wrong.

davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) davik is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could just do a routine which incorporates olympic lifts. Such as starting strength which use power cleans and snatches. Thats a better approach than bodybuilding and crossfit. You can bike or something on your off days

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    OK a few questions then
    1) Look at most males that do crossfit that aren't in the Crossfit Games (aka. The Washed Up Loser Olympics). They just don't have remarkable physiques and the games guys that do have chemical assistance and they are not doing Crossfit as their primary form of training. Crossfit is a road to mediocrity, but it has the marketing juggernaut behind it.

2) Gains are more effected by your diet and caloric surplus to TDEE than they are your specific training regimen. This is another reason crossfit physiques are so mediocre. The lazy paleo mindset just doesn't provide enough calories. This isn't to say that eating paleo can't produce gains, just that it's weak in the basic explanation that crossfit provides. Hell when you look at Castro and Glassman you're not seeing the epitome of gains.

My suggestions are as follows:
    1) Get your diet in check. Caloric surplus to TDEE, meet macros
    2) Find a basic bodybuilding program or even a strength training program (5x5, SS) and do that.
    3) Get plenty of rest and water.

There is zero reason to do crossfit if gaining mass if your goal. It's terrible programming in general, but super bad if mass gains are on the table. In your example, doing the WOD is just extra calories to have to consume each day so you can be at a surplus.

Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    OK a few questions then
    I don't think crossfit is in your best interest if you exclusively want "muscle mass gain." I think you'd be better off just hitting the gym hard with good programming, intensity, and nutrition.

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    1) Look at most males that do crossfit that aren't in the Crossfit Games (aka. The Washed Up Loser Olympics). They just don't have remarkable physiques and the games guys that do have chemical assistance and they are not doing Crossfit as their primary form of training. Crossfit is a road to mediocrity, but it has the marketing juggernaut behind it
    You have proof of this? Most of the crossfit games guy don't look ridiculously built to me. And I'm not sure where you get washed up Olympic losers from, which athlete is making more? I don't see any Olympic lifters on television commercials, but I remember seeing Froning all over TV when he was still competing.

2) Gains are more effected by your diet and caloric surplus to TDEE than they are your specific training regimen. This is another reason crossfit physiques are so mediocre. The lazy paleo mindset just doesn't provide enough calories. This isn't to say that eating paleo can't produce gains, just that it's weak in the basic explanation that crossfit provides. Hell when you look at Castro and Glassman you're not seeing the epitome of gains?
    Not all crossfitters do paleo lol. It is common in that community, but that isn't to say that all of them follow paleo. And I don't know where you get mediocre physiques from...I think you're going to see varied physiques regardless of where you are.

There is zero reason to do crossfit if gaining mass if your goal. It's terrible programming in general, but super bad if mass gains are on the table. In your example, doing the WOD is just extra calories to have to consume each day so you can be at a surplus.
    I'll agree and disagree with this. It's not ideal if mass gaining is your goal. You're better off doing a solid gym program.

Crossfit isn't just about mass gaining. When I think of crossfit I think about strength training, Olympic lifting(which is fun), lots of cardiovascular stuff, great community, you'll make a lot of new friends. Pretty cool place all in all. I tried mixing the two myself and really struggled. If you go heavy at the gym, that will detract from your crossfit workouts, and vice versa. That said, if you eat enough and push your crossfit workouts hard you can certainly gain good mass, but as Luca said, traditional gym programs would probably net more mass.
    Last edited by Strobe57; 06-10-2016 at 08:33 PM.

VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All the crossfit hate, you guys need to get up to speed.

I don't do crossfit anymore, but I did it for about 3-4 months last year. We had two strength coaches who were constantly going to seminars to improve their knowledge of programming, I know they definitely went to seminars by Chad Wesley Smith and Brandon Lily as well as others. With our monthly purchase, we got all of our programming done for us and constant coaching whenever we were training - class sizes were never larger than 12 or so. The programming revolved around strength primarily, with oly lifting thrown in twice/week, and the WODs were basically just complimenting the strength work.

Not all crossfit boxes have you flinging weight over your head with no concern for technique. There were also men and women at the box with really good physiques, as well as people squatting, benching and deadlifting way more than your average gym goer.

Yes there are those dodgy crossfit boxes, but that's just like saying ALL commercial gyms are like planet fitness - not true.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165717061

Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Strobe57 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by VanillaBearB View Post

I don't do crossfit anymore, but I did it for about 3-4 months last year. We had two strength coaches who were constantly going to seminars to improve their knowledge of programming, I know they definitely went to seminars by Chad Wesley Smith and Brandon Lily as well as others. With our monthly purchase, we got all of our programming done for us and constant coaching whenever we were training - class sizes were never larger than 12 or so. The programming revolved around strength primarily, with oly lifting thrown in twice/week, and the WODs were basically just complimenting the strength work.

Not all crossfit boxes have you flinging weight over your head with no concern for technique. There were also men and women at the box with really good physiques, as well as people squatting, benching and deadlifting way more than your average gym goer.

Yes there are those dodgy crossfit boxes, but that's just like saying ALL commercial gyms are like planet fitness - not true.
    Lucia is just an [ignorant] hater.

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

So you were paying a premium price for Olympic weight lifting classes?

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Doing both is fine. Most higher level crossfitters do incorporate a lot of weight training into their routines. It really depends on how you recover. I would place a strong emphasis on your diet and getting a decent nights rest.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Yeah but all commercial gyms don't share the same brand name. Crossfit has a bad reputation because it earned a bad reputation. When you let any one own a Crossfit gym who can pay with no regards to the person's competency, then you get some Crossfit good gyms and a lot of terrible ones. Which ones are the real Crossfit? All of them are because they paid to put Crossfit's name on the door.

Crossfit didn't protect its brand name, so it gets rightfully affiliated with every bad Crossfit that exists.

Whether you love McDonalds or hate it, everyone knows what you're getting when you order a double quarter pounder with cheese. You don't get a burger in one, a fish taco in another, and arsenic in the third.
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 355/185/380
    Best Meet lifts: 352.7/181.6/407.8,
    Best Wilks=370.84

VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000) VanillaBearB is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sigh, i'll reply this once but i'm not getting drawn into an argument over it because like most, it appears that people are fairly narrow minded.

Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    So you were paying a premium price for Olympic weight lifting classes?
    I paid a £55/month fee which included personalised programming and coaching whenever I wanted it during my lifting sessions. I paid £55/month to be taught the basics of olympic lifting from someone who had competed at a fairly high level in crossfit with a background of olympic lifting from rugby. I paid a £55/month fee to be part of a community of supportive lifters who collectively had better form than anyone I had seen in a commercial gym.

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    Yeah but all commercial gyms don't share the same brand name. Crossfit has a bad reputation because it earned a bad reputation. When you let any one own a Crossfit gym who can pay with no regards to the person's competency, then you get some Crossfit good gyms and a lot of terrible ones. Which ones are the real Crossfit? All of them are because they paid to put Crossfit's name on the door.

Crossfit didn't protect its brand name, so it gets rightfully affiliated with every bad Crossfit that exists.

Whether you love McDonalds or hate it, everyone knows what you're getting when you order a double quarter pounder with cheese. You don't get a burger in one, a fish taco in another, and arsenic in the third.
    This is a good point that I do agree with. But the matter of fact is, we don't know what sort of gym OP is going to. We can only advise what he should be looking out for.

The way I see it, crossfit has done wonders for the public. In 2012, more than two-thirds of adults were overweight or obese (i'm not 100% sure about the integrity of the source but here: http://stateofobesity.org/rates/). Even if that isn't a correct number, you will know better than I do about the obesity situation in the US (I'm from the UK).

Crossfit has gained a lot of popularity among the public because it's designed to be "fun" and varied. Whilst it might not be optimal programming for the most part, it has gotten A LOT of people into health and fitness and introduced them to the barbell rather than just cardio machines. If you look at the actual gyms, a lot of them have a tonne of weights and bars and squat racks, they're generally well equipped.

As with all things, I think the people hating in this thread could gain with getting some experience in a decent crossfit box before they judge on their high horses.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=165717061

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Strobe57 View Post
    You have proof of this? Most of the crossfit games guy don't look ridiculously built to me. And I'm not sure where you get washed up Olympic losers from, which athlete is making more? I don't see any Olympic lifters on television commercials, but I remember seeing Froning all over TV when he was still competing.
    They are much larger than the standard crossfit male...VanillaBear being a perfect example. A non-remarkable physique. Pretty standard for most Crossfitters. Inb4, but what about this guy or that guy outliers. As to the washed up loser olympics (Credit Infinite Elgintensity and washed up JUNCO baseball players) where we're going to use one guy as an example of being on TV when the only people seeing that TV are more Crossfitters watching the unremarkably bad programming, acceptability of bad form, and boring spectator sport. It is poorly programmed for the spectator with so much going on at one time. It's really bad.

Regardless, the use of drugs for recovery isn't a secret, nor are the effects they have on their physiques. The women are perfect examples. You can't train like they do in the broad way that is required

Not all crossfitters do paleo lol. It is common in that community, but that isn't to say that all of them follow paleo. And I don't know where you get mediocre physiques from...I think you're going to see varied physiques regardless of where you are.
    LOL. It isn't common, but that's what crossfit sells as the diet and they have videos of people all parroting basic paleo tenets as part of crossfit? Come on. Paleo is what they push as a diet for Crossfitter from Crossfit HQ and Glassman himself, even though he doesn't do it. Reading is fundamental as I didn't say every crossfitter eats paleo. Don't create strawmen.

When I think of crossfit I think about strength training, Olympic lifting(which is fun), lots of cardiovascular stuff, great community, you'll make a lot of new friends. Pretty cool place all in all. I tried mixing the two myself and really struggled. If you go heavy at the gym, that will detract from your crossfit workouts, and vice versa. That said, if you eat enough and push your crossfit workouts hard you can certainly gain good mass, but as Luca said, traditional gym programs would probably net more mass.
    Strength while kipping...sweet. :rollseyes:

I get that you appear to Crossfit, but pretending that you're Olympic lifting and gaining strength that is more "functional" is a joke. Knowshon Moreno is a perfect example of what Crossfit does to a real athletic career.

These "coaches" were going to seminars put on by Crossfit HQ and the excellent programming that Dave Castro can't even do? Or is it the excellent programming that they create videos for technique, preach that form is important, but when it comes time to max or AMRAP form doesn't mean crap, and the Crossfit HQ produced videos condone it...in writing...in the video?

Come on man, it's a joke. You got your programming done with everyone else. It's called a WOD. That's crossfit. Oly lifting for AMRAP? Because that's how Olympians lift, right?

All Crossfit boxes are the same as they are based on the same corporate programming, training (You too can be a coach for $1000 and 48 hours) and marketing. Everyone that I know that does Crossfit says, "Well, my box is different, we don't do that." Please. It's all the same.

Comparing yourself to the average gym goer is the point. They are like the average gym goer. There is nothing remarkable, nor will there be because the programming is trash. Considering that you've abandoned crossfit after 3-4 months is pretty telling. If it were so great and "fun" why stop?

Lucia is just an [ignorant] hater.
    Naw, not really. Just informed and able to critique and see the failures, marketing, poor programming and ability of crossfit to take noobs and make them think it's magic.

Sigh, i'll reply this once but i'm not getting drawn into an argument over it because like most, it appears that people are fairly narrow minded.

As with all things, I think the people hating in this thread could gain with getting some experience in a decent crossfit box before they judge on their high horses.
    One isn't narrow minded because they don't agree with you. You have no idea of the level of understanding someone has, but you dismiss it because you can't really support your position. Since you don't do crossfit anymore, and there is likely a reason so, that doesn't make you a broader individual. It just makes you a guy who did Crossfit at one point.

They are much larger than the standard crossfit male...VanillaBear being a perfect example. A non-remarkable physique. Pretty standard for most Crossfitters. Inb4, but what about this guy or that guy outliers. As to the washed up loser olympics (Credit Infinite Elgintensity and washed up JUNCO baseball players) where we're going to use one guy as an example of being on TV when the only people seeing that TV are more Crossfitters watching the unremarkably bad programming, acceptability of bad form, and boring spectator sport. It is poorly programmed for the spectator with so much going on at one time. It's really bad.
    Of course they're much larger than the standard crossfit male. I'm also sure a professional bodybuilder or powerlifter is bigger than an amateur. Not sure where acceptability of bad form comes from? The coaches are ALWAYS working on improving your form. Maybe you went to some trash crossfit box, but using that ONE box and generalizing "all crossfit is bad. All crossfit has no form, etc" is pretty damn ignorant.

Regardless, the use of drugs for recovery isn't a secret, nor are the effects they have on their physiques. The women are perfect examples. You can't train like they do in the broad way that is required .
    Isn't every athlete at the top taking "drugs?" This just sounds like hate to me.

I get that you appear to Crossfit, but pretending that you're Olympic lifting and gaining strength that is more "functional" is a joke. Knowshon Moreno is a perfect example of what Crossfit does to a real athletic career.
    Ahhh, you hate crossfit because of the "we're functional" bull****, gotcha. It all makes sense now! I don't know anything about how crossfit ruined Moreno's career. He's a goddamn NFL runningback. Their shelf life is what? 2-3 years on average?

Come on man, it's a joke. You got your programming done with everyone else. It's called a WOD. That's crossfit. Oly lifting for AMRAP? Because that's how Olympians lift, right?.
    It's about creating a new challenge. More speed, reps, or weights. Sounds kinda like progressive overload to me.

All Crossfit boxes are the same as they are based on the same corporate programming, training (You too can be a coach for $1000 and 48 hours) and marketing. Everyone that I know that does Crossfit says, "Well, my box is different, we don't do that." Please. It's all the same.

Comparing yourself to the average gym goer is the point. They are like the average gym goer. There is nothing remarkable, nor will there be because the programming is trash. Considering that you've abandoned crossfit after 3-4 months is pretty telling. If it were so great and "fun" why stop?
    All crossfit boxes definitely are NOT the same. While you're generalizing why don't you just say all Muslims are killers? I don't think anyone was saying crossfitters were more special than the average gym goer lol...that's your words bruh.

One isn't narrow minded because they don't agree with you. You have no idea of the level of understanding someone has, but you dismiss it because you can't really support your position. Since you don't do crossfit anymore, and there is likely a reason so, that doesn't make you a broader individual. It just makes you a guy who did Crossfit at one point.
    Have you ever even been to a crossfit box? I'm assuming the answer is no, or maybe you just went to a really bad one, which I'm sure exists, just like bad gyms. Not sure where all the hate is coming from besides plain ignorance. People do fear what they don't understand(this has been proven throughout history).

Of course they're much larger than the standard crossfit male. I'm also sure a professional bodybuilder or powerlifter is bigger than an amateur. Not sure where acceptability of bad form comes from? The coaches are ALWAYS working on improving your form. Maybe you went to some trash crossfit box, but using that ONE box and generalizing "all crossfit is bad. All crossfit has no form, etc" is pretty damn ignorant.
    I get it. You're into Crossfit. There are videos put out by Crossfit HQ that accept the bad form and make excuses for it when the lady starts maxing. It's a video about good form which then throws form out the window when it's actually time to start ego lifting. It isn't ignorant when Crossfit HQ "certifies" a coach in 48 hours and puts out "form" videos with crap form.

Isn't every athlete at the top taking "drugs?" This just sounds like hate to me.
    Not relevant. We're explaining size/physique differences and what is necessary to train and recover enough to do what they do in the washup loser olympics.

Ahhh, you hate crossfit because of the "we're functional" bull****, gotcha. It all makes sense now! I don't know anything about how crossfit ruined Moreno's career. He's a goddamn NFL runningback. Their shelf life is what? 2-3 years on average?
    LOL. There are Crossfit HQ published videos about exactly that. I dislike crossfit because it's a money grab that does more damage than good and is horrendous for anything other than making one good at doing WODs.

The same video with commentary and statistical comparison
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21...ng-program_fun

It's about creating a new challenge. More speed, reps, or weights. Sounds kinda like progressive overload to me.
    Except it doesn't do any of that. The only thing improving is your ability to do a WOD.

All crossfit boxes definitely are NOT the same. While you're generalizing why don't you just say all Muslims are killers? I don't think anyone was saying crossfitters were more special than the average gym goer lol...that's your words bruh.
    Never said they were. I simply pointed out that the problem is systemic and starts at the top with Crossfit HQ. I've also offered, anecdotally, that it's a common thing for Crossfit people to say, "Well, that doesn't happen at my box."

I made the comparison that Crossfit yields a non-remarkable physique for the average crossfit person. The outliers being the Crossfit games people, which you argued, due to chemical assistance.

Have you ever even been to a crossfit box? I'm assuming the answer is no, or maybe you just went to a really bad one, which I'm sure exists, just like bad gyms. Not sure where all the hate is coming from besides plain ignorance. People do fear what they don't understand(this has been proven throughout history).
    Sure, but that's not relevant. I don't need to do Crossfit or even enter a gym to make observations of crappy programming of training and diet. I can observe Crossfit HQ's own videos, I can observe their own "Games" where they allow poor form, I can observe the non-remarkable physiques, I can observe the poor form, I can see clearly that all it takes is $1000 and 48 hours to be a certified and trained "Coach," and I can see the money grab. I don't need to go to a gym to see that.

You keep claiming ignorance, but don't want to hear about your blinders. I get it. You like Crossfit. Cool for you, but that doesn't change the facts of what Crossfit corporate puts out. You keep talking about your gym. I'm not talking about your gym. I'm talking about the system. I'm talking about Glassman and Castro's play at your dollars. Keep them rich bro!

Edit: I want to be clear here. If you like Crossfitting, cool. Go for it. Do I like it? Naw, it's a money grab, it's unsafe, it's only good for making you better at crossfit. Pretty similar to any training methodology.

Where I'm making these comments from with regard to this thread is that Crossfit is not going to do a damned thing if the goal is hypertrophy. Especially if doing the extra workout is going to create a larger caloric deficit. Pretty sure you agreed with that point above.
    Last edited by lucia316; 06-13-2016 at 03:37 PM.

I get it. You're into Crossfit. There are videos put out by Crossfit HQ that accept the bad form and make excuses for it when the lady starts maxing. It's a video about good form which then throws form out the window when it's actually time to start ego lifting. It isn't ignorant when Crossfit HQ "certifies" a coach in 48 hours and puts out "form" videos with crap form.
    I'm pretty sure most people's form breaks down *some* when they're at a new max. This is no different from a powerlifting gym or bodybuilding gym, or even a typical Gold's gym or LA fitness.

LOL. There are Crossfit HQ published videos about exactly that. I dislike crossfit because it's a money grab that does more damage than good and is horrendous for anything other than making one good at doing WODs.
    Who's it doing more damage than good to? You keep throwing out these broad statements without any specific evidence to back it up.

The same video with commentary and statistical comparison
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x21...ng-program_fun.
    I missed where Moreno entered this ;(

Except it doesn't do any of that. The only thing improving is your ability to do a WOD.
    You're right. Strength, conditioning, and explosiveness have no applications to any sports ^_^

Never said they were. I simply pointed out that the problem is systemic and starts at the top with Crossfit HQ. I've also offered, anecdotally, that it's a common thing for Crossfit people to say, "Well, that doesn't happen at my box."
    what problem? It's all in your head bro. If there was such a big problem due to bad form across the board and other nonsense, I'm sure this would create issues long-term for CF.

I made the comparison that Crossfit yields a non-remarkable physique for the average crossfit person. The outliers being the Crossfit games people, which you argued, due to chemical assistance.
    Actually you said due to chemical assistance. The crossfit games people are hardly the outliers.

Sure, but that's not relevant. I don't need to do Crossfit or even enter a gym to make observations of crappy programming of training and diet. I can observe Crossfit HQ's own videos, I can observe their own "Games" where they allow poor form, I can observe the non-remarkable physiques, I can observe the poor form, I can see clearly that all it takes is $1000 and 48 hours to be a certified and trained "Coach," and I can see the money grab. I don't need to go to a gym to see that.
    So you're calling yourself an expert on something that you've never done...interesting. Guess I should start claiming expertise on Law since I watch Law and Order

You keep claiming ignorance, but don't want to hear about your blinders. I get it. You like Crossfit. Cool for you, but that doesn't change the facts of what Crossfit corporate puts out. You keep talking about your gym. I'm not talking about your gym. I'm talking about the system. I'm talking about Glassman and Castro's play at your dollars. Keep them rich bro!.
    For starters, I don't even know who Glassman or Castro are. If the system is so bad then how are there so many good boxes out there? You'd think all the boxes would be just as ****ty as you "claim" the system is. But all I see is opinions, not much fact to back them up.

Where I'm making these comments from with regard to this thread is that Crossfit is not going to do a damned thing if the goal is hypertrophy. Especially if doing the extra workout is going to create a larger caloric deficit. Pretty sure you agreed with that point above.[/B]
    I agreed that crossfit isn't ideal if your only goal is hypertrophy. That isn't to say you can't get big doing crossfit, but I do agree a normal gym routine with proper eating would be better.

I've never really understood the crossfit hate. I haven't met a single person who's given it a real chance who disliked it. That isn't to say it's for everyone, but it's certainly got its own perks. And just like traditional gyms, it's about going to improve yourself. Not sure why that's such a big problem to people...because it's different?

Strobe57, when I was in Afghanistan Crossfit took out more operators than the Taliban. The only way to make Crossfit work is NOT do Crossfit, and implement instead real strength and conditioning programming like all the top "Crossfitters" do.

/thread

I'm pretty sure most people's form breaks down *some* when they're at a new max. This is no different from a powerlifting gym or bodybuilding gym, or even a typical Gold's gym or LA fitness.
    I never said otherwise. I'm saying that Crossfit systemically pushes this in fact, the deadlift video with Courtney Modecki (Still on their youtube channel) is a perfect example. They show proper form and how to do it, then make excuses when her form falls to crap, "Courtney's 'coach' tolerated the loss of her lumbar spine because of their experiences." Wha???? They continue on with her increasing weight as her form continues to fail and she starts hitching the weight and counting the max increases.

This is one example. There are plenty of others including videos with Castro in them with crap form, but hey, they're maxing and increasing the weight even though they can't lift the lower weights.

Systemic encouragement of poor form and things that are going to get people injured.

Who's it doing more damage than good to? You keep throwing out these broad statements without any specific evidence to back it up.
    See above. Considering how proud Crossfit people tend to be of their injuries, it's quite high.

II missed where Moreno entered this ;(
    Well, I mentioned him as an example of what Crossfit does to athleticism when you were listing out how it helps with athleticism and you decided to make comments about how it was just the cycle and short 2-3 year careers (lol) of RBs in the NFL.

IYou're right. Strength, conditioning, and explosiveness have no applications to any sports ^_^
    Indeed they are important, but Crossfit doesn't build that. It builds the ability to do a WOD, low strength versus a traditional strength training program and mediocre conditioning versus a standard program. Again, if winning games was built on the ability to do a WOD, then Crossfit all day. Since sports success is more built around position and sports specific skills sets, Crossfit has zero benefit. Again, this is a Crossfit HQ issue where they purport Crossfit being a superior way to train for your sports.

what problem? It's all in your head bro. If there was such a big problem due to bad form across the board and other nonsense, I'm sure this would create issues long-term for CF.
    The problem with Crossfit being crap for anything other than Crossfit. It does and has created long-term issues. You don't have a mascot like Uncle Rhabdo if there aren't problems. Sadly, people are celebrating this...

Actually you said due to chemical assistance. The crossfit games people are hardly the outliers.
    Indeed. They are, from a physique, strength, recovery, size and fitness perspective, outliers as the average crossfit person is nothing like these folks and a portion of it is due to chemical assistance. I'm not sure this is that hard to understand.

So you're calling yourself an expert on something that you've never done...interesting. Guess I should start claiming expertise on Law since I watch Law and Order
    Strawman and I don't have to do something to understand it, nor do I have to participate to criticize the issues with it. There are plenty of experts on sports that have never played.

For starters, I don't even know who Glassman or Castro are. If the system is so bad then how are there so many good boxes out there? You'd think all the boxes would be just as ****ty as you "claim" the system is. But all I see is opinions, not much fact to back them up.
    So you've done crossfit, or currently do it and don't know the founding fathers. I guess I am pretty expert by comparison. You're throwing out this statement that there are "many good boxes out there," have have no clue as to whether or not that's true. They are generally crappy because of the systemic problems from a corporate standpoint. You claim that all you see if opinions, but simply offer your own as counter. I've offered videos and specific examples to support my point. You've offered, "Well I go to a crossfit gym, so I know."

Do you see the hypocrisy of your statements?

I agreed that crossfit isn't ideal if your only goal is hypertrophy. That isn't to say you can't get big doing crossfit, but I do agree a normal gym routine with proper eating would be better.
    Then why do the vast majority of crossfit men have non-remarkable physiques? But you agree....smh.

I've never really understood the crossfit hate. I haven't met a single person who's given it a real chance who disliked it. That isn't to say it's for everyone, but it's certainly got its own perks. And just like traditional gyms, it's about going to improve yourself. Not sure why that's such a big problem to people...because it's different?
    The hate is real because Crossfit is a ridiculous money grab with poor programming from a training and nutrition standpoint. Your anecdotal experience is not evidence. If you like Crossfit, cool. If your friends like it, cool. Is it "good" for anything other than being good at doing WODs? No. The Crossfit games is a perfect example of this. If Crossfit were so perfect and great, those people participating would only need to do WODs to be successful. This is not the case.

Again, I get it, you like Crossfit. It doesn't negate any of my statements nor make them not true.

Edit: Epic negs bro. You said, "Ignorance is bliss," but don't know the founding fathers of your precious Crossfit....okay bro.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    crossfit? you mean lolfit?

crossfit is a brand first and foremost that incorporates oly lifting, WODS for conditioning and strength training.

If you really want more conditioning you can just do some metabolic complexes after your bodybuilding routine or on a different day. If you want to do oly lifting, well, do oly lifting.
    positivity brah crew
    powerlifting crew
    dont take my posts too srs crew srs
    JFL @ everything crew
    lol @ tradies srs crew