tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) tooKOOLforSKOOL has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Struggling with brake dust? gtfih

A few years ago, I moved to the city and keeping my car detailed became a major inconvenience. I barely even drove the thing and admittedly, I let it get in embarrassingly bad shape. Especially so, because I consider myself an enthusiast.

Anyways, my wheels looked like shiit. The brake dust was extremely baked on and smooth to the touch and wouldnt come off no matter what. I even took a green scotch pad to it, but no dice. I had tried other dedicated wheel cleaners in the past, but nothing was removing the most stubborn stuff. I was about to give up and pay $500 to get my wheels refinished but for some reason I decided to give Iron-X a try. Here are the results...

This is what my wheels looked like AFTER washing with soap and water twice.

close up- you can see how the wheel looks almost stained a light bronze, brownish color.

The stuff sprays on clear, but turns purple pretty quickly. Smells like absolute shiit, but rinses away pretty well and my driveway doesnt smell anymore.

results/final thoughts- I agitated with a good brush after spraying the wheel and waiting a couple minutes. Do not spray in the sun and dont let the stuff dry on the wheel. With that being said, I am completely blown away by how effective this stuff was. I was not expecting the wheel to end up looking this good. This was after one application of the Iron-X. Im sure I can get the wheel looking brand new with another go around. My only complaints are that the spray doesnt last very long and its pretty expensive stuff. If you have baked on brake dust, I highly recommend trying this stuff.

BJJ crew
    S&P crew
    **Knee Draggers Unite**
    Wristwatch crew
    Firearms crew
    Skins, Caps, O's, Wiz, Terps

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Looks just like the Sonax wheel cleaner I used, good stuff.

http://www.amazon.com/Sonax-230241-W...2e3ef7c012b4fe

If you're worried about brake dust get better pads, srs. It's all in the pads.

You're actually really lucky that it didn't burn into the clearcoat, it's happened to me before and I had to refinish my wheels.
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55
    PL

Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jax05 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    Looks just like the Sonax wheel cleaner I used, good stuff.
    My thoughts exactly...even turns the same color as it reacts with brake dust/iron

Oh, and Sonax smells terrible as well.

GJDM
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit softly.

Registered Abuser mayweathermusic's Avatar
    mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mayweathermusic is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Jax05 View Post
    My thoughts exactly...even turns the same color as it reacts with brake dust/iron

Oh, and Sonax smells terrible as well.

GJDM
    Haven't used Sonax, but I've got a bottle of DUB by Meguiars that works great for half the price. Still smells terrible though.
    NYY NYK NYJ

There are no two words in the English language more harmful than "good job".

mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000) mikebutry is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by KilaByte View Post
    If you're worried about brake dust get better pads, srs. It's all in the pads.
    brembo 6 piston owner.. still dusty as fuk.
    US Army - OIF/OND/OEF/OIR

fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) fmylife4real has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Heard great things about the Autozone Duralast Max brand ceramic pads for my '08 GT500 but haven't tried them myself yet. Stop just as good or better than the stock pads but greatly reduced amount of dust.

snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000)
    Wow...do i know cars too well.

Read title, thought it will be a BMW, was correct in being a BMW...

Solution is oven cleaner brah, don't leave it on for like 10 minutes, but 3-4 while you're washing at a wand wash will do. You can repeat at home if you want perfect and can scrub by hand.

The ultimate and what I would do, is take each wheel off one at a time and do them at home, inside and out.

Stinks like crap, don't eat it.
    SINK Crew (Single Income No Kids)

Who gon' drive? How about we both drive. I love that Sh*t.

KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) KilaByte has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mayweathermusic View Post
    Haven't used Sonax, but I've got a bottle of DUB by Meguiars that works great for half the price. Still smells terrible though.
    They're all pretty similar chemically I'd guess, they all stink and tunr purple (and turn your fingers slippery if you get some on you - corrosive)

Originally Posted by mikebutry View Post
    brembo 6 piston owner.. still dusty as fuk.
    The amount of pistons have nothing to do with the dust showoff
    Me caveman, put round things on bar, lift, pound chest.

2jz, S55
    PL