TribeLove is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Training for Ironman Lake Placid (Tribe Love)

With Ironman Lake Placid being a just over a year away, I am convinced training for the Ironman will be an endurance event of its own – for that I am excited. So that I stay inspired and learning as much as I can throughout this process, I have decided to do my own programming. My lifting background is not extensive; however, I have competed in a triathlon and a USAPL powerlifting competition. Otherwise, for this upcoming week I’ll be focusing on foundational exercises (e.g., squats and presses) while building up my walking/running endurance. My approach for the improving my run is to 1) increase my distance walking, then 2) improve my distance running at a six-mile per hour pace. Once I can maintain a six-mile per hour pace for one hour, then I will work on increasing the pace to a 7 miles per hour. All this, God willing! My goal is to avoid injury and build a strong foundation of aerobic capacity this winter. In the coming weeks, I hope to provide some starting measurements, so I can track progress, etc. All this, God willing!

Finally, my prayer for training will be one of thanksgiving: Praise be to you, LORD, the god of our father Israel, from everlasting to everlasting. Yours, LORD, is the greatness and the power and the glory and the majesty and the splendor, for everything in heaven and earth is yours. Yours, LORD, is the kingdom; you are exalted as head overall. Wealth and honor come from you; you are the ruler of all things. In your hands are strength and power to exalt and give strength to all. Now, our God, we give you thanks and praise your glorious name.

Alas, the work out I have planned for this week:

Monday
    2-mile run @ 6 mph pace
    Front Squat: 5 x 45 lbs. | 5 x 95 lbs. | 5 x 135 lbs. | 5 x 5 @ 165 lbs.
    Push-ups: 5 x 20
    Pull-ups: 10 x 10

Tuesday
    2-mile run @ 6 mph pace
    Jump Rope: 5 x 5 minutes
    Agility Ladder: 3 x 5
    Sprint: 3 x 5

Wednesday
    2-mile run @ 6 mph pace
    Back Squat 5 x 45 lbs. | 5 x 95 lbs. | 5 x 135 lbs. | 5 x 5 @ 165 lbs.
    Chin-up: 10 x 10
    Rows: 5 x 45 lbs. | 5 x 65 lbs. | 5 x 75 lbs. |

Thursday
    2-mile run @ 6 mph pace
    Rower: 3 x 5 minutes
    Climber: 3 x 5 minutes

Friday
    2-mile run @ 6 mph pace
    Bench Press: 5 x 45 lbs. | 5 x 95 lbs. | 5 x 135 lbs. |5 x 5 @ 155 lbs. |
    Dips: 10 x 10
    OHS: 5 x 45 lbs. | 5 x 95 lbs. | 5 x 5 @ 135 lbs.

Saturday
    Clean/Weigh-in Cook/Program

Sunday
    4-mile walk
    May the Spirit of the LORD – of Wisdom and Understanding, Counsel and Might, Knowledge, and fear of the LORD – rest on you. For the fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control.

Hello!

I got behind on sharing an update this week. I wanted to get better organized, so I'll be able to share more with greater ease. So, I created a Box Folder (shorturl.at/CFJW9) wherein I can upload my programming (workouts), and in the future video reviews, measurements, and other training-related updates. So I look forward to continuing our training together.

Otherwise, the prayer for this weeks workout is: "But those who wait on the Lord shall renew their strength. They shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." For an endurance activity like the Ironman, or 52 weeks of training leading to the Ironman, I think this is excellent. For me it speaks to recovery, and possibility. Specifically, to renew one strength gives the impression of recovering what was lost. Then, once your recovered, you shall surpass your former self and go on to "mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint." So seeing as I used to run faster, further, and lift heavier than I do today, this one is quite the inspiration. Although I never really "waited on the Lord." The Lord was more an after thought in my life, so I feel this time around will indeed be better than the last for now I am building muscle mass (that's a reference to Church).

I look forward to sharing some reviews of my training sessions, and more in the ensuing weeks.

Stay well,

Simeon
    Last edited by TribeLove; 09-07-2022 at 05:50 PM.
    May the Spirit of the LORD – of Wisdom and Understanding, Counsel and Might, Knowledge, and fear of the LORD – rest on you. For the fruit of the Spirit is Love, Joy, Peace, Forbearance, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self-control.

Week Three! - Apparently, it takes a minimum of 21 - days for the onset of a new habit. So, if your still with us your doing pretty well. Otherwise, I hope you have been finding inspiration from these workouts. I have decided to change the routine from more a bodybuilding-styled routine (heavy weights and low repetitions) to one tailored for endurance - more repetitions with lighter weights. That said, I have only dropped 20 pounds from the working set, so we should still be moving more weight than the prior week. For the remainder of the month, I anticipate the weight for the working sets will remain unchanged for the Front Squat, Back Squat, Bench Press, and Deadlift, and then increase the number of sets weekly, by one. For the Olympic Lifting Complexes, I will increase the weight weekly. Finally, I am going to start upping the mileage on the run and bike, I have set a near-term goal of a sub 21-minute 5K (3.1 miles), so something to look forward too. Otherwise, I am happy with the results, I am theoretically able to do a sub-7 minute mile (0.86 miles in a little over 6 minutes). So, last weeks prayer really helped. As for this week prayer: "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." Have a wonderful week!

Monday:
    Warm-up: Stretch, Walk, Row, Climb (5 minutes)
    Front Squat: 7 x 45 lbs. | 7 x 75 lbs. | 7 x 95 lbs. | 5 x 7 @ 145 lbs.
    Back: 7 x 45 lbs. | 7 x 75 lbs. | 7 x 95 lbs. | 5 x 7 @ 145 lbs.
    Clean + 3 Push Presses: 5 sets @ 75 lbs.

PM: 1 Mile Sprint

Tuesday:
    Bike: 25 minutes (Tabata)
    Jump Rope 4 x 5 minutes
    Climber: 15 minutes

PM: 2 - Mile (Run)

Wednesday:
    Deadlifts: 7 x 45 lbs. | 7 x 75 lbs. | 5 x 7 @ 145 lbs.
    Rows: 5 x 45 lbs. | 5 x 65 lbs. | 5 x 5 x 75 lbs.|
    Snath + 3 OHS: 5 sets @ 75 lbs.

PM: Hill Repeat (10)
    10 x 10 Push-ups
    10 x 10 Pull-ups

Thursday:
    Bike: 25 minutes
    2 – mile (Run)

Rower: 15-minutes
    Climber: 15-minutes

Friday:
    Bench Press: 7 x 45 lbs. | 7 x 75 lbs. | 5 x 7 @ 145 lbs.
    Dips: 10 x 10
    OHS: 5 x 45 lbs. | 5 x 95 lbs. | 5 x 5 @ 135 lbs.

PM: 3 -Mile Run

Saturday (Rest)

Sunday:
    6 mile (Walk)
    Last edited by TribeLove; 09-12-2022 at 12:07 PM.

Witdrawn from the Ironman

Recently, I withdrew from the Ironman. However, I learned so much. Most importantly, the value of Keeping the Commandments. The motto of the Ironman is: "'All things are possible' for one who believes." This is burrowed from Mark 9:23. John 14 begins, "Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me. John 14:21 says, "He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him." Keeping the Commandments was described in Deuteronomy 6:4 - 9. In addition to training, I focused on studying the Bible, and keeping the Commandments. One such way was in removing idols. Removing what is idol (idle) can save lives. Most (84%) of drug overdoses in America involve multiple drugs (polypharmacy), and this can occur by accidentally grabbing the wrong medication. Otherwise, I was inspired by the verse: Love keeps no record of wrong. I think of expired medication, like a splint, or suture – a record which can be easily expunged through proper disposal, and forgiven by providing healthier options (e.g., superfoods and foods, vs. medicine). After all, medicine is from nature. Otherwise, removing expired foods, seasoning, etc. can also safeguard your health. So, when people say a word to the wise is enough, I suppose there was a time (more recent than the old testament) when the Commandments were more integrated with research (dialect/life), researchers used fewer words, and there was a greater proliferation of Wisdom. One was I keep the Commandments online is avoiding images, using ad blockers, and disabling images in Chrome. However, where I disable advertisements, I try to support the communities through the work I do to promote health. Thank you for reading!

Ecclesiastes 12 – Remember you Creator in the days of your youth!

I do a lot of writing. For many years it was one of my jobs, as I was a doctoral student from the age of twenty-one. Then, it became my sole job. That is when I noticed a change in myself. I lost “weight;” however, not only did I lose weight I lost muscle, and a lot of muscle. Thankfully, that is also when I started reading the Bible, and applying the Wisdom contained in the Bible to resolving problems I had in my life. Ecclesiastes 12: 9 – 13 explains my weight loss. However, I will focus on the final verse. “Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body. Now all has been heard; here is the conclusion of the matter Fear God and keep his commandments.” As anyone who has experienced the dedication required to gain muscle, losing muscle can feel like a great loss. Having lost the muscle, there is a part of me that wishes I had heard this earlier as I would have been more steadfast in applying the commandments to my life. Today, I do this by keeping the commandments, as described in Deuteronomy 6. So, then I thought, if too much writing wearies the body, and has driven my weight loss, what can I do to gain the muscle back. Read Proverbs 16:26 “The appetite of laborers works for them; their hunger drives them on.” Jesus once said, “I have food to eat of which you do not know.” to which the disciples were puzzled. “Who could have brought him food.” Jesus was hungry to spread the word of God. Jesus was a servant of the LORD, as described in Psalm 113 “Praise the LORD, you his servants; praise the name of the LORD both now and forevermore.” However, why do I share this. In the King James Version it is written: “Vanity of vanities, saith the preacher; all is vanity.” Being fit, or athletic, or frequently visiting the gym to lift weights can often come across as vain. You may even get comments of the sorts. However, what I would say is do not limit yourself to the gym. If you go to the gym find a way to involve yourself in physical activity outside. Whatever it is – clean-up a park, a beach, the parking lot of your grocery store, neighborhood, house. Be a laborer. It matters not who knows that you do this labor, but do this labor, so your work will not be for vanity, but for health. You may discover bending at the beach relieves muscle soreness, and you can get a run in on the sand, which is especially good. Then, you will be fulfilling Ecclesiastes 11:2 which say, “Invest in seven ventures, yes, in eight; you do not know what disaster may come upon the land.” You will be fulfilling Ecclesiastes 11:6 Sow your seed in the morning, and at the evening let not your hands be idle, for you do not know which will succeed, whether this or that, or whether both will do equally well. Finally, you will fulfill Daniel 12:3 which says, “Those who are wise will shine like the brightness of the heavens, and those who lead many to righteousness, like the stars for ever and ever.” Should someone knew arrive at your gym, help them, and invite them to those activities you enjoy to keep the commandments. In this way you are teaching them the importance of keeping the commandments (leading them to righteousness), and demonstrating you are wise by helping them to safely workout. You may even learn from them too. Otherwise, I see a lot of value in find how the words of the Bible relate to my life, as it encourages me to continue praying. For example, I want a family. Psalm 112 encourages me. If I am honest in my business I will be blessed. In Hebrews 10 it says: when Jesus came into the world he said, "Sacrifice and offering you did not desire, but a body you prepared for me; with burnt offerings and sin offering you were not pleased. Then I said, "Here I am - it is written about me in the scroll - I have come to do your will, my God." Jesus was quoting from Psalm 40: 6 - 8. So, in the same way I pray to do God's will, and I pray you will too! Otherwise, I share this as going from being a research, to not, is similar to losing muscle. Where you were once "important" attending conferences, etc. your seemingly no longer important. And yet, cleaning a beach enables turtles to thrive. You can feel like your wasting time, and yet you realize your not because, these skills will be those skills you need for keeping your family healthy. What could harm a baby turtle could probably harm a baby. Is not God wonderful. God could teach you how to take care of a baby just by keeping a beach clean. Then, when you have a baby you (your baby, and spouse) can walk along that clean beach. So, perhaps it not the title/occupation which makes one important, but what you do. This begets Psalm 112, "He will be given great honor; however," First, you have to love what the Lord commands! Deuteronomy 5 is a wonderful place to begin to understand what the Lord commands, and then reading the stories of Joseph and Jacob to see how they embodied the Lord's commands as well as the various Proverbs. That has been my approach to Bible study.
    Last edited by TribeLove; 07-24-2023 at 04:51 PM.

Love is Always Next in line with Wisdom, and a thanks gives way to a welcome! Therefore, know this! No news is bad news, only an opportunity to increase learning, gain patience, share joy, and give thanks!