ChrisRAnderson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Chris' Getting Shredded w/ PES Log

Hey guys! What's going on? Welcome to my unsponsored PES supplement stack log! I'm going to be logging a few PES goodies for the next couple of months so I'll be reviewing everything honestly here.

A little about me. I'm 34 (turn 35 in a couple of weeks) and am just getting back in the gym after a six-month layoff. MY training history is pretty sporadic at best. I hit the gym hard in college, bulked up to 237 with about 10% bodyfat, but shortly after college I got into triathlon and leaned down to about 175. Then from about 2010 until 2014 I just partied my ass off, drank everyday, did drugs and ate like crap. I changed my life around in April of 2014 and started getting back in the gym, but honestly things have been less than ideal since then. Basically, I've logged two six-months chunks of training then, followed by two six-month layoffs. The first layoff was due to injury (pre-existing back injury) and the second was due to my wife being on bedrest for a couple of months before the birth of our first child. I simply could not find the time to juggle training on top of my 50-hour work weeks, cleaning the house, taking care of her and our dog, and all of the other life chores that come along with marriage and prepping for a kidMomma and baby are fine now, baby is 7 weeks old, so now it's time to get back my physique and my health. At the start of this log, I'm around 215-216 with somewhere north of 20% bodyfat.

My training will basically follow a revolving four-day split:

Day 1 – Shoulders, Bis
    Day 2 – Legs
    Day 3 – Cardio, Abs
    Day 4 – Back, Bis
    Day 5 – Chest, Tris
    Day 6 – Cardio, Abs
    Day 7 – Repeat Cycle

Sure, I'll probably need a recovery day here and there, so I'll make on the fly adjustments to my schedule. Also, I will start with just some basic cardio for now. I'm getting winded climbing both flights of stairs at our house, so I'll probably just walk the treadmill on an incline for a couple of weeks before incorporating any jumprope or bag work.

For my diet, I'll fall a Intermittent Fasting protocol with my feeding windows falling from 12 pm – 8 pm. My macros and calories will start off at:

2,250 Calories
    198 g Carbs
    198 g Protein
    74 g Fat

Since I'd prefer to strip some fat, and the fact that I'm just starting back in the gym, I've decided to start a little low. After I start building in volume and intensity, I will probably add some calories, at least on lifting days.

For my supplements, I will be taking the following:

PES High Volume (2 scoops preworkout)
    PES Erase Pro (1 cap pre bed)
    PES Forskolin-95 (1 cap morning, 1 cap evening)
    PES Select Protein (2 scoops for preworkout meal)

I will also be taking some usual staples such as:
    EFX Kre-akalyn (2 caps preworkout, 2 caps postworkout; 1 cap morning, 1 cap night on off days)
    Scivation Xtend BCAASs (Already had this canister, so I'll switch to PES Amino IV once this runs out)
    Multi

For tracking purposes, I will be weighing myself on my cardio days first thing in the morning. Also, I will be posting progress photos every two weeks. My first photos will come tomorrow evening at the end of Day 2 after my leg workout.

Holler if you have any questions, suggestions or other feedback! Enjoy!
    Last edited by ChrisRAnderson; 05-31-2016 at 08:40 PM.

ChrisRAnderson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Day 1 – May 31 – Shoulders, Bis

3 sets shoulder press machine (warmup) @ 30lbs ,40lbs ,50lbs AMRAP
    4 sets dumbbell lateral raises @ 25lbs x11, 30lbs x 7, 25lbs x 9, 20lbs x 7
    4 sets dumbbell shoulder press @ 40lbs x 11, 45 x 8, 45 x 8, 40 x 6
    4 sets barbell front raises @ 40 lbs x 8,6,6,5
    4 sets dumbbell hammer curls @ 30lbs x 10, 35lbs x8, 35lbs x 8, 30lbs x 6
    4 sets dumbbell uprights rows @ 35lbs x 8,8,8,8
    4 sets reverse barbell curls @ 50 x 12, 60 x 6, 60 x 6, 50 x 6
    4 sets facepulls @ 42.5 x 12, 50 x 8, 50 x7, 42.5 x 8
    4 sets camber cable curls @ 42.5 x12, 50 x 6, 50 x4, 42.5 x 6
    4 sets shrugs w/ 1-second pause at top @ 60 x 15, 70 x 8, 70 x8, 60 x10

All in all, I felt pretty good considering this was my first real workout in a while. I felt a pretty solid pump thanks to the 2 scoops of High Volume I threw down the hatch on my way to the gym. I picked up a can of the "Paradise Cooler" and the taste was amazing. Just for reference, I'll probably bounce around flavors just to see what I like. More to come!
    Last edited by ChrisRAnderson; 05-31-2016 at 08:45 PM.

DebnJes is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can I physically talk to somebody

DebnJes is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Business

Business, I have invested money and whatever program this is and I would like a response.