Blkipper has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Should I go for the ACE CPT?

I have been studying with the NSCA for 4 months now . I took the exam today and unfortunately failed by 10 points . I know that it's one of the hardest certs to get and I have never been certified before. I also have some college in the sports field . I seen online that ACE is one of the easiest nationally recognized certs out there . Should I try for that first , get used to the personal training profession, then take NSCA again ? should I spend some much time studying for ACE when I studied so much of NSCA? Also is ACE associated with the NSCA ?

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Blkipper View Post
    I have been studying with the NSCA for 4 months now . I took the exam today and unfortunately failed by 10 points . I know that it's one of the hardest certs to get and I have never been certified before. I also have some college in the sports field . I seen online that ACE is one of the easiest nationally recognized certs out there . Should I try for that first , get used to the personal training profession, then take NSCA again ? should I spend some much time studying for ACE when I studied so much of NSCA? Also is ACE associated with the NSCA ?
    It's hard trading in your Mercedes for a Honda, but if the benefits out way the embarrassment then go for it.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Blkipper View Post
    If all you want is a Mickey Mouse certification to get started, ACTION is by far the cheapest NCCA accredited certification available. Lifetime certification for $249 plus a $60 exam fee. That includes books, study guides, etc. Or as low as $59 for just the book, plus $60 exam fee.

I can't post a link so copy/paste their website if you want to check it out. actioncertification.org

Personally, I'd stick with NSCA. Buy the study questions (if you haven't already), see what you need help with, and retake the test.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by amsgator View Post
    If all you want is a Mickey Mouse certification to get started, ACTION is by far the cheapest NCCA accredited certification available. Lifetime certification for $249 plus a $60 exam fee. That includes books, study guides, etc. Or as low as $59 for just the book, plus $60 exam fee.

I can't post a link so copy/paste their website if you want to check it out. actioncertification.org

Personally, I'd stick with NSCA. Buy the study questions (if you haven't already), see what you need help with, and retake the test.
    The NCCA is an embarrassment. As long as the study materials contain words, they will accredited it.

amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000) amsgator is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    The NCCA is an embarrassment. As long as the study materials contain words, they will accredited it.
    And all most big box gyms care about is that you're cert is NCCA accredited cuz insurance. If we are already downgrading to ACE we might as well keep going and save the money.

And all most big box gyms care about is that you're cert is NCCA accredited cuz insurance. If we are already downgrading to ACE we might as well keep going and save the money.
    Good point.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by Ronin4help View Post
    Good point.
    most gyms dont accept ACTION cert even though its accreditted

Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    most gyms dont accept ACTION cert even though its accreditted
    Most gyms aren't big box gyms either. The globo gyms here (which means anywhere they franchise) will take anyone who can sell hours/memberships and is insurable.

Most gyms aren't big box gyms either. The globo gyms here (which means anywhere they franchise) will take anyone who can sell hours/memberships and is insurable.
    This is pretty much true.