Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by calibacker View Post
    Again Sir, this whole thread is a matter of semantics. Whoever said anything about D1 and your 2.4 % includes small schools in Montana, etc and possibly your son's school. Go back and read the original post about bad azz players in Texas and Florida.

The whole argument, as I see it, is about a player who starts for a large school in states like Texas or Florida and will they play against "bad ass" players. The answer to that question is yes they will. No not every starter for these large schools is a college bound player, but most certainly more than an outlier here or there. The recruiting links don't lie (D1, D2, D3, NAIA, NJCAA)

Again, how many 6A games have you been to recently in Texas? I'm guessing the answer to that is zero. There is no way you can make a comment about that.

I will give you that, from your experience with your son and his school , you are right that there probably are not any "bad ass" players, except for an outlier here or there, but this argument is about large schools in a Texas and Florida, which you can't comment on.

I did go back and read over all the posts and find it funny that you just now bring up being a D3 coach and a private coach (whatever that is)...hmmmm

This discussion is over. The numbers don't lie. To sum up if a player starts for a large school in Texas or Florida, they will be playing against some bad ass players.

Capish!
    A) It's capisce
    B) You're right, the numbers don't like. It just seems you don't understand them.
    C) You don't need to go to games at any level to comprehend the numbers.
    D) All of your crap is moot regardless of the numbers since OP is from Virginia...so, what's the point?
    E) "Bad Ass" wasn't the term. Go back and read. Plus, "Bad Ass" is more subjective than "Big Azz." To Krakkerz point, who the hell cares? That's not necessarily a driving factor. Which was my point from the get go. "Big Azz" doesn't necessarily matter, nor is it dictated by where one lives and those "Big Azz" players are outliers.
    F) Why does it matter when I bring it up? A private coach? Pretty sure you're just being purposely daft at this point.
    G) Again, the numbers don't lie. 2.4% of players nationally proceed to D1 college ball. Considering that CA (12% of all FBS bound players), TX (15% of all FBS bound players) and FL (~13.5% of all FBS bound players) all have the largest populations, it's mathematically correct that they would have larger percentages. Again, though, what does that have to do with size of players, or Virginia. Oh right, nothing?

calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    A) It's capisce
    B) You're right, the numbers don't like. It just seems you don't understand them.
    C) You don't need to go to games at any level to comprehend the numbers.
    D) All of your crap is moot regardless of the numbers since OP is from Virginia...so, what's the point?
    E) "Bad Ass" wasn't the term. Go back and read. Plus, "Bad Ass" is more subjective than "Big Azz." To Krakkerz point, who the hell cares? That's not necessarily a driving factor. Which was my point from the get go. "Big Azz" doesn't necessarily matter, nor is it dictated by where one lives and those "Big Azz" players are outliers.
    F) Why does it matter when I bring it up? A private coach? Pretty sure you're just being purposely daft at this point.
    G) Again, the numbers don't lie. 2.4% of players nationally proceed to D1 college ball. Considering that CA (12% of all FBS bound players), TX (15% of all FBS bound players) and FL (~13.5% of all FBS bound players) all have the largest populations, it's mathematically correct that they would have larger percentages. Again, though, what does that have to do with size of players, or Virginia. Oh right, nothing?

Your stats are wrong. The only point I'm talking about is what Sowilson and rick were talking about.

Are you really trying to tell us that high school football in the large schools in Dallas, Houston, Miami, Orlando and Los Angeles is the same as in Idaho and Montana? That's really what your trying to tell us with your stats.

You just dug your own hole and made their point. Thanks.

Again you've never been to a high school game in a Texas or a Florida....so you have no authority to make a comment on the talent played there.

YES you do need to see a game to evaluate the talent level. So all your arguments are void. You lose.

Again, if a player starts for a large high school in Texas or Florida, they will be playing against some bad azz players ..... You can't argue against it .

Game over .... Thanks for playing!
    Last edited by calibacker; 06-22-2016 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Edit

calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100) calibacker is not very well liked. (-100)
    A couple of quotes for you. Again nothing mention about D1 signings. Just talent:

" The state of Florida has always been #1 since the mid 80's. Not only is the state of Florida the #1 state for football, but it also boost the #1 city for football; Miami. You want the best players in the land. This is the place to go.

Texas is a very close second. This state is loaded with players also, but they don't tend to have the just sheer athleticism as players from Florida. They have been in second place behind Florida since the mid 80's and with cities like Houston, Dallas and Galveston its easy to see why they remain so high as a football state. The city of Houston is the #2 city for high school football in the country behind Miami. "

The only quote that is being argued:

If a player starts for a large school in Texas or Florida, they will be playing against some bad azz dudes.

Sowilson even gave you an example of the talent at his sons large high school. There were some bad azz high school players on that team. And he even said it was a middle of the pack school in their district.

Sorry Lucia......there are no stats that you can produce to make this statement false. Has nothing to do with D1 national signings. Especially since you have not been to a game in either of these states recently. No way you can give us an evaluation of their talent level.

Time to move on! As a private coach, I'm sure you have plenty of clients that you need to get ready for the upcoming season.
    Last edited by calibacker; 06-22-2016 at 03:34 PM.

lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Your stats are wrong. The only point I'm talking about is what Sowilson and rick were talking about.

Are you really trying to tell us that high school football in the large schools in Dallas, Houston, Miami, Orlando and Los Angeles is the same as in Idaho and Montana? That's really what your trying to tell us with your stats.

You just dug your own hole and made their point. Thanks.

Again you've never been to a high school game in a Texas or a Florida....so you have no authority to make a comment on the talent played there.

YES you do need to see a game to evaluate the talent level. So all your arguments are void. You lose.

Again, if a player starts for a large high school in Texas or Florida, they will be playing against some bad azz players ..... You can't argue against it .

Game over .... Thanks for playing!
    The stats from the NCAA are wrong? Got it! The problem here continues to be your lack of understanding of statistics and outliers. I can't fix ignorance.

I said nothing about larger schools versus smaller schools, but the overall numbers and the "average" is still average. Your assumptions are poor. I have been to high school games (sadly) in Texas, I lived in Dallas for 4 years. Now what?

I don't need to see a game to evaluate statistics. You are not connecting the dots very well. Now you're saying that where one lives dictates average size? Please. Just stop. You have zero to support that assertion, thus you can't argue that.

The only game that's over if your inability to understand statistics and your ability to create strawmen. I can't compete with either of those.

A couple of quotes for you. Again nothing mention about D1 signings. Just talent:

" The state of Florida has always been #1 since the mid 80's. Not only is the state of Florida the #1 state for football, but it also boost the #1 city for football; Miami. You want the best players in the land. This is the place to go.

Texas is a very close second. This state is loaded with players also, but they don't tend to have the just sheer athleticism as players from Florida. They have been in second place behind Florida since the mid 80's and with cities like Houston, Dallas and Galveston its easy to see why they remain so high as a football state. The city of Houston is the #2 city for high school football in the country behind Miami. "
    I love random quotes with no context or links. Opinion quotes are fun too. I'm talking about real numbers and you share opinions.

Are you serious? Further proof you didn't look at the links I posted that show this to be so. I never stated otherwise. These numbers have more to do with size of the population more than anything. 2.6-8% of 26 million (Texas) > 2.6-8% 8.3 million (Virginia). And wow, you don't say that the 4th largest city in the country produces a ton of college prospects? Weird. Math is hard.

The only quote that is being argued:

If a player starts for a large school in Texas or Florida, they will be playing against some bad azz dudes.

Sowilson even gave you an example of the talent at his sons large high school. There were some bad azz high school players on that team. And he even said it was a middle of the pack school in their district.
    "Bad Azz" and "Big Azz" are still subjective and mean nothing to a kid in Virginia who plays receiver and Corner. None of this is relevant, nor is it the rule. Outliers are still outliers. Again, your lack of understanding of statistics is the issue.

Sorry Lucia......there are no stats that you can produce to make this statement false. Has nothing to do with D1 national signings. Especially since you have not been to a game in either of these states recently. No way you can give us an evaluation of their talent level.

Time to move on! As a private coach, I'm sure you have plenty of clients that you need to get ready for the upcoming season.
    So, what I read here is that since the statistics don't support your assertion, even if you understood them, they must be false. There are a few types of bias with you. Again, it doesn't matter the types of games I've been to, or haven't been to. I'm not arguing that there aren't talented kids. What I'm arguing is that there are more college bound kids from these states more because of population size. I'm also making the point that a kid in Virginia playing Corner and receiver isn't going to regularly have to deal with larger guys/"Big Azz Dudes," which is what started all of this, because of his position. It was a false statement.

I've got time. I'm off this week. I look forward to your next strawman and continued lack of understanding of basic statistics while trying to use "statistics" (would love to actually see your numbers since they don't lie) and opinion quotes to counter real numbers. The more you post, the more your ignorance shows through capisce?

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Lucia you just made the statement that we were all arguing about; Finally.

I knew you weren't ignorant enough to try and make us believe that high school football in Miami, Dallas and Houston was the same as in Billings, Montana.

You are correct , as you stated above, due to the larger populations, the larger schools in states like Texas and Florida, will have more college bound (big azz) kids.

This is the point that SamFort, mrick, Sowilson and myself have been trying to make to you. Not sure why you have a problem accepting it. But alas , you've made the statement we've all been arguing. It appears we're all on the same page now.

To sum it up:

Due to the large populations in the area, large schools (3000 to 5000) in states like Texas and Florida will be able to put on the field at least 5 or 6 big azz dudes, as starters. Not every player of course. It's just the percentages, as you stated.

So if you start for a large school in Texas or Florida, then you will be playing against some big azz dudes.
    Last edited by calibacker; 06-22-2016 at 07:41 PM.

Then you will be playing against some big azz dudes.
    That's an assumption, not a note of truth. Further, OP is from Virginia. College bound doesn't = Large. That's ridiculous.

That's an assumption, not a note of truth. Further, OP is from Virginia. College bound doesn't = Large. That's ridiculous.
    You stated the note of truth in your earlier post. Due to the large populations of the large high schools in such talent rich cities like Dallas, Houston and Miami....schools will be able to field big azz dudes.

So if you start for large schools in such cities as Dallas, Houston and Miami, you will be playing against some big azz dudes.

That's a note of truth.

You stated the note of truth in your earlier post. Due to the large populations of the large high schools in such talent rich cities like Dallas, Houston and Miami....schools will be able to field big azz dudes.

So if you start for large schools in such cities as Dallas, Houston and Miami, you will be playing against some big azz dudes.

That's a note of truth.
    And you still fail to understand assumptions, geography, statistics and outliers....that's the only truth in this thread.

And you still fail to understand assumptions, geography, statistics and outliers....that's the only truth in this thread.

You fail to understand high school football in states like Texas and Florida, because you've haven't seen a large schools program in those states in person. That's a fact. So everything you say is based on your assumption,,,, not fact.

Since your a scoutmaster and have spent a lot of time with 11 year old boys, I would not argue with you on Eagle Scout procedures. That would be an assumption on my part.

We've had several people on this thread give you facts that they have personal experience on. You only give us your opinion.

Once again..,,, due to the large populations of the large schools in talent rich, cities like Dallas, Houston and Miami.....the starters will face big azz dudes week in and week out. Of course not every starter, but much more than an outlier here or there.

That's a fact.
    Last edited by calibacker; 06-29-2016 at 05:12 PM.

You fail to understand high school football in states like Texas and Florida, because you've haven't seen a large schools program in those states in person. That's a fact. So everything you say is based on your assumption,,,, not fact.
    Not at all, that's just an assumption on your part. It would be incorrect. I lived in Dallas for 4 years. But then, you just ignore that stuff and like to say the same thing again and again.

Since your a scoutmaster and have spent a lot of time with 11 year old boys, I would not argue with you on Eagle Scout procedures. That would be an assumption on my part.
    Strawman and not relevant, but your epic research skills are as good as the other guy, mrick40...hmmm. No avi. Epic research skilz. Lacks understanding of statistics. Likes to use ellipses. Created account the day after mrick40 account got banned. Same is same I think.

We've had several people on this thread give you facts that they have personal experience on. You only give us your opinion.
    Anecdotal is anecdotal, not fact.

Once again..,,, due to the large populations of the large schools in talent rich, cities like Dallas, Houston and Miami.....the starters will face big azz dudes week in and week out. Of course not every starter, but much more than an outlier here or there.

That's a fact.
    Nope. Still an assumption and you still don't understand statistics. I'm done unless you have something new to say mrick40. You just keep saying the same BS over and over.

Not at all, that's just an assumption on your part. It would be incorrect. I lived in Dallas for 4 years. But then, you just ignore that stuff and like to say the same thing again and again.

Strawman and not relevant, but your epic research skills are as good as the other guy, mrick40...hmmm. No avi. Epic research skilz. Lacks understanding of statistics. Likes to use ellipses. Created account the day after mrick40 account got banned. Same is same I think.

Anecdotal is anecdotal, not fact.

Nope. Still an assumption and you still don't understand statistics. I'm done unless you have something new to say mrick40. You just keep saying the same BS over and over.

Mrick, SamFort, Sowilson and myself.

You lived in Dallas. How long ago and how many 6A high school football programs did you visit?

Again your stats are null and void. You have zero stats on the states of Texas and Florida.... Only national. Plus like you said college bound does not equal size.

Sir you have never been to a 6A high school football game or visited a program in Texas or Florida. How can you tell us how the competition level is?

Until you visit a game or program in person, you only have an opinion.... And it's wrong. I'll go with people who actually have been there.

Sorry scoutmaster.

Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10) Coachjlr is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey guys,
    A buddy of mine texted me and said I should look at this thread. I will not give any opinions, just give you guys a background of where I work.

I am a high school football coach in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. I coach at a 6A high school (approx 3200 enrollment) in one the most competitive districts in the state. We typically have roughly 200 kids in our football program. We run a Varsity, Junior Varsity, Sophmore, Freshman A, Freshman B and sometimes Freshman C. Of course many drop off each year, but we have a great middle school program that keeps our numbers up each year.

Our assistant coaches typically teach three classes each day, have a varsity football class, freshman football class, planning period and second sport class. Coordinators teach only two classes and head coach/AD does not teach any classes.

As far as talent and recruiting, it's really hit and miss. And yes, size does matter, even more than ability sometimes. Our best player last season was our Will LB. He was a three year starter, made first team All Area and All State honors, but stood only 5'11 195. All we could get him was an NAIA scholarship offer (he subsequently walked on to a D1 program). Our Left tackle, who stood 6'5 290 and in my opinion was a subpar performer, signed with a D1 Mountain West school.

We typically have 5 or so players sign scholarships each year (D1, D2, NAIA, JC). In 2013, we had 9. Several more play D3 or try and walk on to programs.

Being a high school coach can be very tough and demading at times. But I love it. Hope this helps clear up some misconceptions.

Mrick, SamFort, Sowilson and myself.

You lived in Dallas. How long ago and how many 6A high school football programs did you visit?

Again your stats are null and void. You have zero stats on the states of Texas and Florida.... Only national. Plus like you said college bound does not equal size.

Sir you have never been to a 6A high school football game or visited a program in Texas or Florida. How can you tell us how the competition level is?

Until you visit a game or program in person, you only have an opinion.... And it's wrong. I'll go with people who actually have been there.

Sorry scoutmaster.
    LOL. More assumptions and there were state statistics. We can add failure to read the links that did have state stats to your list mrick40. Enjoy the 2nd ban.

Originally Posted by Coachjlr View Post
    Hey guys,
    A buddy of mine texted me and said I should look at this thread. I will not give any opinions, just give you guys a background of where I work.

I am a high school football coach in the Dallas/Ft. Worth metroplex. I coach at a 6A high school (approx 3200 enrollment) in one the most competitive districts in the state. We typically have roughly 200 kids in our football program. We run a Varsity, Junior Varsity, Sophmore, Freshman A, Freshman B and sometimes Freshman C. Of course many drop off each year, but we have a great middle school program that keeps our numbers up each year.

Our assistant coaches typically teach three classes each day, have a varsity football class, freshman football class, planning period and second sport class. Coordinators teach only two classes and head coach/AD does not teach any classes.

As far as talent and recruiting, it's really hit and miss. And yes, size does matter, even more than ability sometimes. Our best player last season was our Will LB. He was a three year starter, made first team All Area and All State honors, but stood only 5'11 195. All we could get him was an NAIA scholarship offer (he subsequently walked on to a D1 program). Our Left tackle, who stood 6'5 290 and in my opinion was a subpar performer, signed with a D1 Mountain West school.

We typically have 5 or so players sign scholarships each year (D1, D2, NAIA, JC). In 2013, we had 9. Several more play D3 or try and walk on to programs.

Being a high school coach can be very tough and demading at times. But I love it. Hope this helps clear up some misconceptions.
    These numbers line up fairly well with the national averages and/or state numbers depending on the number of seniors of that 200 each year.

40mrick is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    6A high schools in Texas, Florida and California, etc. will have "big azz dudes" on the field. Been to one of these games lately?