Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by acrawlingchaos View Post
    From what I read, your fat and protein was all over the place and your intake was too low. How you felt during the diet and the usual binge afterwards could have been vastly different. Your execution was fine, the diet was not. JMO

Execution and follow through? Yes, probably.
    I don't think it would have mattered how much protein/fat I manipulated. I added a lot of leucine. I didn't lose muscle, I lost waist size which was my goal so in that sense it worked. I have gone back to normal eating and my weight has now shot up to over 185lbs. More then when I started. I have added a lot of chest exercises and am hitting the weights again though. I gain muscle/fat relatively easily so it would be different for different people I would imagine. My point is it's not worth doing it for what little you achieve from it long term. Short term is another story.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Xscoot View Post
    No. Its good for someone who needs to lose a quick 10lbs for an event. But if you are serious about bodybuilding then you really shouldn't need to. .
    I came to feel similar to you. Now if I were carrying a lot of fat, it might be worth it to throw this in every once in a while. But the leaner you are the less mobile your fat stores are. When you are fatter, you have a lot more leeway in losing fat. When you are already lean....heck...what is the point.

I found my PSMF very effective, but not worth the toll it took on my body. Come to think of it, I think ACC asked me a question about that..which I never answered..... I have been in the process of a move so I have not been as active on the forums. I'll go back and respond.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) acrawlingchaos has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I just finished one myself, but I didn't take it to the extreme either you or ID have. I got down to 156 on my last go on a normal deficit and leveled out at 159. After 8 weeks I climbed up to 167. My PSMF put me back to 161 and leveled me out at 163.

I am using a PSMF in a different fashion. I am using it to manage bloat as I climb in weight to limit spill over and maybe drop a pound or 2 of fat.

I limit my PSMF to 1 day for every pound of weight I bloat over to a maximum of 10 lbs, keep protein extremely high and kept my calories around 1100. With my last psmf being only 6 days, it wasn't long enough for me to even notice a performance lag.

Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000) Xscoot is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I just finished one myself, but I didn't take it to the extreme either you or ID have. I got down to 156 on my last go on a normal deficit and leveled out at 159. After 8 weeks I climbed up to 167. My PSMF put me back to 161 and leveled me out at 163.

I am using a PSMF in a different fashion. I am using it to manage bloat as I climb in weight to limit spill over and maybe drop a pound or 2 of fat.

I limit my PSMF to 1 day for every pound of weight I bloat over to a maximum of 10 lbs, keep protein extremely high and kept my calories around 1100. With my last psmf being only 6 days, it wasn't long enough for me to even notice a performance lag.
    I have learned to just embrace the bloat. Used to drive me nuts. I have accepted my bloat.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

I don't know whether 1200 cals/day counts as PSMF but for the most part protein is all I ate. Fats/carbs were incidental through things like milk that I mixed my Whey in.

For the next 6 months I'm doing pretty much exactly what you are I think. I currently wear size 32 pants and once they get tight I'll do 1200/day until they aren't tight. Rinse repeat and see how it goes.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

I am using a PSMF in a different fashion. I am using it to manage bloat as I climb in weight to limit spill over and maybe drop a pound or 2 of fat. .
    Just as an aside, I had done some similar things in the past. I can remember dropping during a surplus just to get all the water to drop and make sure I was not picking up too much sub-q.

My only caution is you have to do it long enough to be effective. As I am sure you know, the first week -10 days is really a water shift. It also takes a good bit if time to deplete glycogen. If you are using PSMF in this manner, make sure you go at least long enough (say 3 weeks) that you are not just dropping water/glycogen and then just reloading it. That kind of becomes a pointless endeavor. You mention a 6 day PSMF, and my guess/experience would be you would indeed see a massive swing, but I dont think there would be a lot of fat loss.

I would say 2 weeks would be the shortest effective time to run it for any real fat loss. That would be unless you did something to quickly eat up glycogen stores....and come into the PSMF already depleted.

Just some thoughts.
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) highiso has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I had to come back and check on this thread. Are there no after pics? I thought with all the weight that was cut there would be some pics???

Anyway, I've been cutting since the beginning of March. Keeping calories between 2,000-2,500. I started at 199 and am now down to 185-187 depending on the day. I would like to see where 179 lbs. puts me, I'm giving myself about 5 weeks to get there.

Average diet

Before at 199

After