jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Transition out of keto for a few weeks

I'm looking for some sound advice/experiences on what would be the best way for me to transition out of keto for a few weeks. I've been on keto for roughly 4 months and absolutely love it. I've dropped almost 40 lbs (240 - 200lbs) and 12% BF (23 - 11%). However, I'm in the Army and will be leaving for a couple weeks in mid-June for training. This training will be out in the field, living in tents, eating MRE's and other high-carb heated meals so keeping a keto diet is basically impossible. Any type of weight training or running is also impossible, but luckily I should still burn plenty of calories wearing full gear a majority of the days in the heat. Here's my current macros: 2090 calories, 170g F / 120g P / 20g C. Should I start adding carbs and lowering fat in weekly increments a couple weeks before? I don't want to "shock the system" right away as I'm sure it will cause weight gain. The entire 4 months I've been in keto I never did a carb-up or cheat day, so I have no idea how it will affect me. Looking for any personal experiences on this. When I get back the end of June, I plan to get back into keto, so this is just temporary. Thanks!!

repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50) repower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes! Keep the calories the same, but switch carbs for fat slowly. Use 1g of carb per kg of bw at first, and then slowly add up (Also, you can add a little bit of protein since you're not going to be in keto)

For example:

140g P
    90g C
    The rest from fats.

After a week or two, repeat the process until you're in a high carb diet.

jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jasinc81 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by repower View Post
    Yes! Keep the calories the same, but switch carbs for fat slowly. Use 1g of carb per kg of bw at first, and then slowly add up (Also, you can add a little bit of protein since you're not going to be in keto)

For example:

140g P
    90g C
    The rest from fats.

After a week or two, repeat the process until you're in a high carb diet.
    Thanks for the advice! So what kind of carbs should I be adding? Rice/bread/pasta? And should they be before my workout? Or can I just spread them throughout the day?