Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    If the 2380 is including your cardio then I'd say 1900 sounds good, but there are half a dozen ways to slice an apple. Like Tommy said, watching the scale will tell you what you need to know. Just understand water weight will shed off quickly at first and throw off your numbers.

If you're having trouble eating all your calories then add in some snacks or really whatever you want so long as it fits your calorie goal. There aren't any foods off limits. Forget clean vs dirty eating. If you don't get to eat some of the food you enjoy then you'll fall off the wagon. Keep your fats and protein up and you'll be fine.

Good choice on reevaluating your goals. I think you're headed in the right direction.
    Experience, not just theory

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jocoven View Post
    I posted in Nutrition and it was another member that suggested 2200, I thought it was abit high.

Torn between the above poster suggesting 1900 and 1400.
    Always go with the lower number as you'll always be higher than you think. You'll usually be adjusting a month into it. Too high from the start and you waste a month. How tall are you?
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I posted in Nutrition and it was another member that suggested 2200, I thought it was abit high.

Torn between the above poster suggesting 1900 and 1400.
    Just pick one and go with it. You have enough body fat that you will be fine eating 1400 calories rather than the higher amount. And as he wrote, you can always up your calories if you're losing too fast.

jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for responses and helping to set me on the right path!

Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Always go with the lower number as you'll always be higher than you think. You'll usually be adjusting a month into it. Too high from the start and you waste a month. How tall are you?
    I am 5'6.

Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Thanks for responses and helping to set me on the right path!

I am 5'6.
    Great. 5-6 and 1400 is a good number. My 5-2 to 5-4 girls are successful at 12-1300. It really comes down to height as far as calories and where to start. The more fat you carry the bigger the deficit. Let the fat feed you don't you feed the fat...

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10) jocoven is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    Great. 5-6 and 1400 is a good number. My 5-2 to 5-4 girls are successful at 12-1300. It really comes down to height as far as calories and where to start. The more fat you carry the bigger the deficit. Let the fat feed you don't you feed the fat...
    Awesome. 3 days weight training, 2 days cardio. 2 days off. 1400 calories a day and a ton of water. Thank you!

BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've decide to postpone the bikini holiday until next year, thankfully I was able to change the date for just a small cost. I'd rather train hard for a year and get the body I want.

I've now worked out my BMR: 1780 calories/day and TDEE: 2368 calories/day, which I am aiming to eat 2200 calories a day.

It's going to be a struggle for me to fit that many calories in. For example today I had two slices of wholemeal toast with 3 poached eggs for breakfast, green smoothie for lunch and just had a protein pizza. All in all it comes to just under 1400 calories. Not sure what else I can include? Maybe I might have to eat snacks just to get up the calories, any recommendations?

I just wanted to say that this makes me frown.

To each their own. But . . . . I'd just try to enjoy the vacation. It's very admirable that you want to shape your body the way you want to be seen with minimal clothing and you're using that as motivation to succeed, etc.

But, it also sounds like "I'm depriving myself of a vacation this year because I don't feel comfortable in my skin." In the end do what's best for you. If this is what's best for you, it is. You shouldn't have to dress a certain way or have a certain look for others. Provided that you're far away from home, you'll never see any of these people again in your life.

I'll second what others have been saying about 70% diet/30% exercise. Take enough breaks to give your entire body the time to recover, otherwise you can pretty go at this, every day of the week, in the gym or with your shoes on and running/cycling, etc.

I would warn against being too ambitious with the diet, make it a deficit, but a reasonable one. If you lose the weight at 1 pound a week or so. You're going to be less likely to end up an excess skin bib where the belly was.
    ABILITIES: In car mode, his engine emits vibration that causes mechanical failures in other vehicles...can speed to 200 mph...uses concussion cannon in robot mode (for similar breakdown results in other vehicles)

PROFILES: Extreme self-consciousness...thinks everyone is staring at him--even other cars and stoplights...finds heavy traffic nerve-wracking...would prefer to be human so he'd fit in better...prone to leaky fuel pump.

davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BreakdownBBD View Post
    If you lose the weight at 1 pound a week or so. You're going to be less likely to end up an excess skin bib where the belly was.
    Never heard of this before and have a hard time seeing the connection. Do you mind providing your source?

Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hitting calories is easy, OP, peanut butter and milk, loads of calories, I had 700 calories of peanut butter today *oops* 110g of peanut butter. One liter of milk is roughly 500 calories. Incredibly easy to hit your goals, don't limit yourself to only eating typical healthy foods, be sure to enjoy your journey. Best of luck.

BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    Never heard of this before and have a hard time seeing the connection. Do you mind providing your source?

That losing 5lbs a week over a sustained amount of time will make you much more likely to have loose skin over a much slower weight loss?? I had assumed that this was common accepted knowledge. I've read it both here and on many other sites.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/45...-sagging-skin/

I guess I should have stated as opposed to OMG I gotta purge this weight extremely quickly. It also would create more attainable goals while still putting you on a pace to lose ~50lbs over the course of a year.
    ABILITIES: In car mode, his engine emits vibration that causes mechanical failures in other vehicles...can speed to 200 mph...uses concussion cannon in robot mode (for similar breakdown results in other vehicles)

PROFILES: Extreme self-consciousness...thinks everyone is staring at him--even other cars and stoplights...finds heavy traffic nerve-wracking...would prefer to be human so he'd fit in better...prone to leaky fuel pump.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That losing 5lbs a week over a sustained amount of time will make you much more likely to have loose skin over a much slower weight loss?? I had assumed that this was common accepted knowledge. I've read it both here and on many other sites.

I guess I should have stated as opposed to OMG I gotta purge this weight extremely quickly. It also would create more attainable goals while still putting you on a pace to lose ~50lbs over the course of a year.
    I think that the benefit of slower loss in regard to loose skin is that it reduces the lag time between weight loss and skin shrinkage so it isn't as noticeable. But it doesn't prevent loose skin or a skin apron. I lost my biggest chunk of weight (a bit over 50 pounds) over the course of a year and have a skin apron. There's definitely some fat left in it but it's mostly a matter of having carried a lot of fat in my stomach for an extended period of time and genetics. IMO once you've gotten fat and then decided to lose it, the damage is already done. Losing it slowly isn't going to help fix that or prevent further damage.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    People believe it, but it doesn't actually make any sense. You get loose skin after losing weight because all of the fat stretches out the skin. The skin gets damaged as you gain the weight. The fact that it is damaged becomes noticeable once the weight is lost. You don't get less skin damage by losing the weight slower because the damage has already occurred. It's just noticeable faster when people cut aggressively.

This is my favorite article on loose skin.

Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    I think that the benefit of slower loss in regard to loose skin is that it reduces the lag time between weight loss and skin shrinkage so it isn't as noticeable. But it doesn't prevent loose skin or a skin apron. I lost my biggest chunk of weight (a bit over 50 pounds) over the course of a year and have a skin apron. There's definitely some fat left in it but it's mostly a matter of having carried a lot of fat in my stomach for an extended period of time and genetics. IMO once you've gotten fat and then decided to lose it, the damage is already done. Losing it slowly isn't going to help fix that or prevent further damage.
    Truth and I'm on spread!
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

I completely agree with your attainable goal. Still undecided on the rest. Will read some more.

Originally Posted by davisj3537 View Post
    I completely agree with your attainable goal. Still undecided on the rest. Will read some more.
    It's pretty much impossible to do a study on this, unless you have identical twins lose an identical amount of weight, one half as quickly as the other and compare how their skin reacted to the weight loss, everyone's body is going to react differently, and ages plays a large factor as well.

I don't think that you can have the same person lose and gain piles of weight twice, and have a clean study to work from.

Originally Posted by Partyrocking View Post
    People believe it, but it doesn't actually make any sense. You get loose skin after losing weight because all of the fat stretches out the skin. The skin gets damaged as you gain the weight. The fact that it is damaged becomes noticeable once the weight is lost. You don't get less skin damage by losing the weight slower because the damage has already occurred. It's just noticeable faster when people cut aggressively.

This is my favorite article on loose skin.

Truth and I'm on spread!

I'm not a good resource on this from personal experience, I have not lost enough to have "loose skin." Even if I get down to a really good amount of body fat, I still may not have loose skin to deal with.

If person A puts on 100 pounds over 5 years and person B does it in 18 months. Would it not stand to reason that person B would have more stretch marks or more severe stretch marks from the skin being stretched too aggressively. I guess I would have anticipated something similar for someone who lost the weight more gradually, versus more quickly.

I think that there is a point where loose skin is simply going to be a reality when you lose weight. The question is how extremely that loose skin will be and the appearance of such. More thinking about mitigating damage rather than preventing.

musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10) musclefitness11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    those loose skin are nasty... it can cause health problems and it does not look good. it can cause rashes, yeast infections, and back pain. The longer it was stretched out, the less likely it is to bounce back. And as you get older your skin loses elasticity. how to deal with it? ussually they surgically remove the extra skin

Originally Posted by musclefitness11 View Post
    it can cause yeast infections, and back pain.
    Huh?

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB