Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Hannah Banana Transforms

*waves to the lovely Female BB community* this is a neat little niche.

Was thinking about starting a thread for about 3 months, honestly the macros micros and the verbiage of weight lifting had me a bit intimidated (will i know what the heck I'm even saying?)

Honestly no, I won't and learn through experience. I'm OK with my otherness.

So today May 4, 2016 and I start.

I've been using the weight machines at Riverside Wellness and Fitness Center, love the gym I am at because the more I've ventured out to use different machines, different things asking staff, women, men of all ages how weight lifting machines work has broken down a barrier that I had.

I've come to find that there isn't a 'click' that I can sense and it might be because it's a hospital based gym and has been around for about 25 years.

I will be undergoing a gastric sleeve surgery this summer and it has been a journey sense September 2015. I am committed to a healthy lifestyle in more then what I say or type but actually do. I've been working with a team of professionals in the weight loss clinic I've been going to sense January of 2016. I've gotten to know the surgeon, the dietitian/fitness expert over the past six months.

I've had to keep my weight in the range of 255-260 with a BMI of 39.5 to 40 for insurance coverage reasons. I don't have any other issues with being obese (because I workout and lift about three to four times a week.) It's been tricky to maintain and build mussel over this time but I committed to it and amazingly have seen some tangible results. In January I had a 49 inch waist and currently it's 43 inches.

The frustrating thing in this time has been when I've lost too much IE. you no longer qualify for surgery etc. (head desk) :/

The last appointment is this 17th of May (thank the Lord.)

Also, I've been educating myself on the surgery, what to expect once in the post op unit the two days after surgery. Gleaned information from other's who have had the sleeve done and taken in their advice as well as support from the team I am working with. It's been about ten months of preparation for this surgery, and life beyond.

Today I will be getting to the gym. I go at odd times not in a scheduled time etc. But again getting there at least 3 to 4 times a week.

Weight machines, I need to wright down the names when I go today and then type them out. It's not in a fast succession but they are controlled reps and about 2 to 3 sets per machine I use. I do split up the lower and upper body each visit, and wait about 60-150 seconds after a set of reps that is heavy. Started out at 10 pounds on each machine, and on most of them I'm up to 60 pounds.

A note about the free weights, I have tried them and still will continue to try them. However, my eye hand coordination is honestly quiet awful. Even with pin's plates would fall off, some on my foot others rolled across the mirrored room. thankfully no one was in the plate's way. (oh boy)

So for the safety of myself and those around me, I've stuck with the machines! some machines use plates and those I've been using a lot recently with the pulleys etc.

One last side note. I asked the question to my team of per pound of body weight one gram of protein. I haven't reached 200 grams of protein a day, not by a long shot. I instead was told by the nutritionist to aim for 180 grams a day. (an overweight weight for me.) Honestly it's been 130 on a good day! ha. Yea.

Anywho, thanks for joining me on this journey and I cannot wait to get to know you gals better.

MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50) MadAlice will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    went to the gym this afternoon from 3pm to 5pm. Feel better (sorta) I'm always pooped after working out. (it's the extra weight.)

nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) nh4000 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Welcome, looking forward to hear your progress.

Originally Posted by nh4000 View Post
    Welcome, looking forward to hear your progress.
    thanks nh400 welcome aboard *toots the horn for the ship*

Powered by Reese's Puffs anandagirl's Avatar
    anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi! I am personally going with approximately 1 gram per pound of lean mass because 200+ grams a day on a cut was far too much of my calorie budget. Body fat estimators are not great though so I shoot for about 1.1 grams per pound of lean mass to account for any variances.

Keep up with the journal! I think it definitely helps to stay on track
    Team Ogre Mascot

IG: anandagirl
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/therealanandagirl
    Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Been working out and writing down what I've been eating religiously sense January of 2016. The last check up at the weight loss center before surgery this summer is this coming 17th of May. I'm so excited! These were hard to take re: the back lordy it was hit and miss but my abdomen, back, arms etc. are in so much better shape then they were 10 months ago. Pre surgery fitness means healing of the new stomach will be that much quicker.

IMG_4386.jpgIMG_4385.jpgIMG_4381.jpg

I'm so excited! My waist is now 44 inches! In January it was 49! I've gotten in as much shape as I can before the surgery this summer. tomorrow is my last weight loss appointment and I will know my surgery date! It is very gratifying to see results for a lot of effort put in.

*waves to the forum*

Well yesterday I brought a small notepad with me to write down what I do while at the gym. I typically will spend 12 minutes on the stair stepper and 15 speed walking at 3.5 mph or on an elliptical stair stepper for 30 minutes or 30 on the treadmill speed-walking. I try to mix up the cardio as much as I can, same for the weights.

The machines I'm on are hammer stregenth MAS incline press 1 set of 15 with at 30 pounds and I rest for 120 seconds (yes I count) :P

The the ISO Lateral Low Row 2 sets of 8 reps with 25 pounds on both ends again I rest for 120 seconds

The ISO Lateral Front Military Press (I love this machine ) 2 sets of 8 with 25 pounds on both ends rest for 120 seconds

Lateral Bench Press again 25 on each end and 2 sets of 8 reps sometimes 25 reps depending again 120 second rest between each set

Squat Machine 8 reps at 80 pounds and sometimes another 4 reps. I take this machine slow and controlled to avoid injury and because my coordination is not that great.

On the other days I use the leg press machine in place of the squat machine 3 sets of 8 reps rest of 60 seconds between each.

I use the abductor machine (looks weird but works) 3 sets of 8 at 60 pounds. (I switch up the days for this machine too.)

And every time I go to the gym I finish off the weights with the pull up/dip machine I am in lust with this thing! My goal is to be able to do a pull up one day without any counterweights!

Then it's ab work for about 10 minutes to finish up with stretching for 15 minutes.

I get to the gym about 3 to 4 times a week, but this is usually what I do when I am there.

I'm heading to my pre operation Nutrition class this afternoon at 1 pm. I've gotten the medial clearance for the gastric bypass! I'm so excited! The month of June 2016 has all my pre operation appointments and surgery should be sometime in late July 2016 or early August 2016.

I know it will be about six months of healing but I will not miss once healed getting so dang tired after workouts...the medications I've been on have hampered my weight and fat-loss goals for about 10 years now...It's been frustrating...

But for the last 11 months I've been preparing for this surgery and the lifestyle change because the buck stops with me. Last September I switched my anti depressant up which was hard as hell...this coming September I'll be healing...the big thing will be giving myself grace to heal up properly...

I'll be posting here for accountability and also on a sleeve forum.

My dad is against the surgery (He's being a protective dad.) I don't bring it up with him, I love him. He's just speaking out of fear. My mother is supportive as is my sister. But I'll be 33 this September. I've prayed about this, asked God, God is OK with it. I've done the homework and the hard work from January to May of this year. Gained mussel mass and lost fat, lost about 6 inches in my waist and have focused on keeping my midsection in good shape getting it into shape etc.

It's exciting and just thought I'd update you gals on the progress! I'll probably hit the gym this afternoon sometime.

my lower back mussels hurt like hell today and they did yesterday. It's been gradually getting worse so I'm listening to my body and just doing some cardio that I enjoy like walking outside or other light stuff. I think a good week and a half should be good perhaps two weeks just to be safe.

I tend to go gung-ho with the weight machines, my form and pace are always controlled but I think I upped the weights too fast. :/ And my new lower back mussels are telling me 'what the ef are you doing to us woman?'

At this point I'm going to be using my body weight for resistance before the gastric sleeve I don't need to be out of commission before hand defeats the purpose.

I'm taking it easy just getting up and walking around every hour or so to keep my back from spazzing again (that hurt something awful.)

So fellow females here, what is your advice for a sore lower back?

I've been resting and it's hurt so bad I've not even been that hungry! I have a really high pain threshold so needless to say walking around like I'm 90 at 32 is not good. (scolds self)

Gallbladder Surgery

Hello Ladies of BB! This coming Monday 25th of July I will be having my gallbladder removed. I chose to have this done so that complications down the road with the gastric sleeve and in general wouldn't arise. I swapped the date for my gastric sleeve with the gallbladder. I love the surgeon that I have because she will absolutely not remove both at the same time. She has time and again told me 'I don't want to be the surgeon to tell you that you 'have' to have a gastric sleeve done.' It's shown the depth of her care and also her conservative approach to bariatric surgeries in general.

I feel confidant going under the knife with her as I've gotten to know her and the weight loss clinic team for well over 8 months now.

I've been taking a break from weight lifting for a couple of reasons. The first is I started to have spasms in my inner and outer legs also in my lower back and inside my buttock mussels. :-/ It hurt like a mofo, and I'm sure many of you ladies can relate to spasm pain. My mussels are still there, I'm using resistance bands at home and have been walking for cardio or a workout DVD at home.

I've put my gym membership on hold until this October 2016 due to both surgeries. I'm thinking of investing in two or three sessions with a personal trainer just to get down some basics once I work my way back up to lifting again (which will be a while I'm guessing six months of healing from both surgeries.)

I wasn't not doing things correctly because I to the best of my knowledge looked up and read on proper form. It could have been from one to many reps or any other number of things. It does no good to go into surgery out of order when the point is to be in as best shape before hand.

Just thought I'd update and let you ladies know where I'm at in this journey we are all in. The journey of wellness/weight lifting/etc. and all of us having a fitter earth-suit so that we can live fuller lives. At least that is how I see it.

anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) anandagirl has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck with the gall bladder surgery!
    Team Ogre Mascot

Accountability Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171177361

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Good luck with the gall bladder surgery!
    Thanks! It went really well actually. Was hell the first day that's normal, now almost three days out I feel 120 percent better. In September I get the gastric sleeve done! Now having under the knife experience with my surgeon I am very confident with her hands doing the gastric sleeve about 8 weeks from now. Now I know to ask for the patch behind the ear for the anesthesia the night before.

I'm now a week out of having my gallbladder surgery I'm also taking a supplement for weight loss it's a catius herb of some sort. At any rate, I have been logging my food faithfully for the last month and I won't lie to myself or the forum I've been struggling with night eating. Not so much after the gallbladder surgery. I'm missing my dog that passed away. Random moments where something will remind me of her, from taking walks alone and seeing a dog or looking over my bed at night out of habit expecting to see her to take her out to the bathroom. It aches so freaking much, balled my eyes out for hours some nights. Some nights all I can do is sob forget food it never comes to mind. Others nights it is fit full sleep because of the surgery and or the pain of her not being here. Both at the same time have been a doozy.

It would be the same as losing a family member or loved one, she brought me so much joy and was around and with me at my worst periods.

My post op follow up for the gallbladder is tomorrow morning at 10:45 I've invited my dad to come along if he wants to. I still am going to go through with the surgery with strengthened resolve.

Before this gets any longer I'll just say that's where I'm at now in every sense. :/

Sorry to hear you are struggling with night eating, and I'm very, very sorry to hear about your pup. I lost my old girl three and a half years ago, and the thought of her stills bring tears to my eyes. I don't know if the feeling ever really goes away, but it does get better. (((HUGS)))
    Team Ogre Mascot

Originally Posted by anandagirl View Post
    Sorry to hear you are struggling with night eating, and I'm very, very sorry to hear about your pup. I lost my old girl three and a half years ago, and the thought of her stills bring tears to my eyes. I don't know if the feeling ever really goes away, but it does get better. (((HUGS)))
    Thank you.

Well I've been slowly going back to the gym. It's been almost two weeks sense my gallbladder was removed. I'm taking a supplement that claims to help with weight loss and can return it and get a refund.

My night eating and portion sizes have improved! I'm using this gallbladder surgery as a 'reset' button of sorts. As I am paying attention to what I eat also how I feel as I've been listening to my body with the workouts it's been helping overall.

I was at 262 down to 257.4.

It'll take time, but I want to give myself an honest last effort before I take the gastric sleeve plunge, I may not even need surgery.