Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Bodyfat battle

GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by deadliftbrah19 View Post
    Your calories appear to be too low for a 5'10 172 lb male.

and are probably putting you in starvation mode. You may lose weight quickly, and then rebound quickly.

I like QuestBars and making Protein bars myself with Muscelology Nitro Pro and Arbonne's Vegan shake combined, and add in nuts and coconut or almond milk.
    Could be right. I weigh myself once a week and, as of last Friday, I have lost two stone in total. My face looks thinner around the eyes and cheeks and, in clothes at least, I look like I've had a tummy tuck.

I have been introducing oatmeal, brown rice and sweet potatoes over the last week. While keto has undoubtedly worked, my main goal was to lose my gut for my wedding and I kinda got carried away. Been good though because my eating has been transformed completely and I now know almost exactly what I need to get my body looking harder and simply better with just a few adjustments here and there.

Will swap pure miscellar casein for a whey/casein protein supplement and, when I can increase my weight training, raise protein intake to just over 1 gram per pound of bodyweight to sharpen up the physique.

And being the old git I now am, will move the threat to the "over-40s" section.

Thanks for all advice and help.

GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) GaryC10 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not been on here for a while - got married end of July and been away a few times since. To recap, did keto for two months or so and got as low as 170lbs with roughly 14% bodyfat [5ft 10].

Not been watching what I eat for obvious reasons since etc and now weigh 178lbs. Most of which I'd guess is water. I started at just over 200lbs, so reasonably happy.

Plan to return to eating clean again in coming days, keeping low carbs [100 to 150g daily], though not repeating keto and keepinp protein about 175g per day.

Would like single-figure BF and more definition by Christmas but this may be too much to ask - hard to train enough with three young kids.

Thanks for reading.
    Bodyfat battle with Keto
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=171252121