munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000) munichveteran is just really nice. (+1000)

Help me narrow down the possibilities for my shoulder (images attached)

Hi all,

Firstly, I’m not looking for anyone to diagnose me with this post. I know we don’t do that here. I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon last week, and we x-rayed my shoulder, but apparently it’s “the shoulder of a guy my age”. Nothing out of the ordinary or concerning, so for that reason, I’m going for an MRI. This won’t happen for a few weeks, so in the meantime, I’m trying to get an understanding of what the problem MIGHT be.

I want to be able to do some research on the possibilities, so that when I have my consultation I’ll have questions prepared.

I hope that makes sense.

I’ve attached a couple of images and marked the sight of pain with an X (admittedly, it’s a crappy X). The area is incredibly tender to the touch, and I get a similar sensation when I apply pressure to the same spot on the other shoulder blade, but nowhere near as intense.

I’m a beginner lifter (as you can tell from the images), but I’ve spent as much time as possible trying to learn and follow correct form with all my lifts, but until I get this resolved I’m going to take a break for a while.

Would love some feedback and suggestions as to possible issues here.

Thanks
    Attached Images

cfarleyreal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not a doctor or anything close to it but I get pain in the same spotime but spread out a little. Mine is just built up lactic acid. A normal rub down doesn't work on mine and just have my wife use a metal scraper ( im not sure what they are actually called). I got the idea from ankle surgery they would use it on my tendons to get the scar tissue to break up. It hurts like hell while it is happening but it is worth it. I would follow your docs advice and if they say they don't know then I would try the scraping. Just make sure you won't hurt something trying it out

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, don't worry about it (there is nothing you can do right now) and wait for the MRI and orthopedic consult. If you want to drive yourself crazy and like worrying about things then take a look at this http://www.stoneclinic.com/shoulder-self-diagnosis

ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ToPHeR35 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    OP, don't worry about it (there is nothing you can do right now) and wait for the MRI and orthopedic consult. If you want to drive yourself crazy and like worrying about things then take a look at this http://www.stoneclinic.com/shoulder-self-diagnosis
    Yea that drives me crazy and it has such a limited list of possibilities

anonymous
    Originally Posted by munichveteran View Post
    Hi all,

Firstly, I’m not looking for anyone to diagnose me with this post. I know we don’t do that here. I had an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon last week, and we x-rayed my shoulder, but apparently it’s “the shoulder of a guy my age”. Nothing out of the ordinary or concerning, so for that reason, I’m going for an MRI. This won’t happen for a few weeks, so in the meantime, I’m trying to get an understanding of what the problem MIGHT be.

I want to be able to do some research on the possibilities, so that when I have my consultation I’ll have questions prepared.

I hope that makes sense.

I’ve attached a couple of images and marked the sight of pain with an X (admittedly, it’s a crappy X). The area is incredibly tender to the touch, and I get a similar sensation when I apply pressure to the same spot on the other shoulder blade, but nowhere near as intense.

I’m a beginner lifter (as you can tell from the images), but I’ve spent as much time as possible trying to learn and follow correct form with all my lifts, but until I get this resolved I’m going to take a break for a while.

Would love some feedback and suggestions as to possible issues here.

Thanks
    Firstly, I am glad you are seeking some medical evaluation. That is crucial

Secondly, in regards to your picture, the most common cause of pain at that location is tenderness of the insertion of the levator scapulae. Tenderness in this region is typically caused by poor posterior shoulder strength, poor posture, sitting and typing at work, imbalance in the gym between the chest and back. Its usually easily fixed with guided exercises.

Other possibilities are suprascapular nerve impingement, radiating pain from a cervical disc, or RTC tear (although this typically radiates down the arm)