crys19826 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Preparing for ACE Exam -

Hello, I am currently studying for the ACE Personal Trainer Cert and have a target exam date of August 27th. I am getting deeper into the materials and was hoping for some advice on how/what to study. I'm not looking for an easy way out, just want to be sure I am allocating the proper amount of time to the appropriate material to meet the exam date. I am utilizing flash cards as my main way of studying and have so far found it very helpful. I also purchased an anatomy coloring book to learn the muscles. I also will be purchasing the practice exams 2-3 weeks before my exam.

I have a few specific questions below:
    - The study guide...did you purchase the study guide? I find the chapter practice tests out of the study guide are of a different caliber/feel than the Elite Academy online chapter tests. I don't feel I am getting the same type of test on each. Did you feel this way?
    -The charts...I have a few questions on the charts in the study guides... Do I need to memorize every single chart? If so, HOW did you do this? (Examples, Step Test heart rate categories)
    -Are you able to use a calculator now? I have seen older posts that say no, but newer ones that say you are allowed a calculator.
    - The essentials book...I took over a week trying to learn chapter 1 and it completely overwhelmed me. My idea after that was that I would spend most of my time to study/master what I could learn (the manual). I am curious if you studied this and how helpful it was to know for the exam.
    - Any other tips/advice - blogs that you found helpful, etc.

Thank you all in advance!

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    The ACE exam is designed for beginners so there will probably be a lot of stuff in the study guide that you already know. It just depends on why you are enrolled. Are you just needing the certificate or are you trying to learn. Answer that question and you other questions fall into place.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.

BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500) BC02 is not very helpful. (-500)
    know special pops, muscle actions/involvement during exercise,planes of movement, and energy systems

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BC02 View Post
    know special pops, muscle actions/involvement during exercise,planes of movement, and energy systems
    Basically the whole study guide.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.