Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Shane is starting "Fierce Five"

Hey guys,

This is my first post, but have followed BB for quite some time. A quick back ground, I am 27, 5'10 and currently 151 lbs. I have been into fitness and the gym my whole life, but have definitely taken long breaks and slacked off. In February 2016, I learned about IIFYM and decided to give it a shot with my wife... making a life style change. This along with some internal stomach issues (believed to be an ulcer) has allowed me to drop since February 2016 from 166 lbs down to 151 lbs in April 2017. My macros were set up as 40P/40C/20F and shooting for right around 1g protein / lb. This resulted in total caloric intake of around 1750, but due to my stomach issues, I have definitely eaten much less than my goal. I am still fighting a few stomach pains here and there, but believe I am healthy enough to get back into action.

So after quite a bit of research, I decided to give this "Fierce Five" workout a try along with increasing my caloric intake to roughly 2000 calories, but still maintaining the 1g protein / lb. Likely, my new Macros will be 30P/40C/30F, but will adjust depending on initial results and fine tuning. I am definitely still learning the macros and correct caloric intake for my body. My end goal is to put on lean muscle mass and be around 155/160lbs with 12-13% body fat.

Quick Workout Experience:
    Squats - I have always neglected them in the past due to very low flexibility. Will start very low, as my 1 rep max is likely around 140/150lbs. Typically will do 3 sets of 12 at 95lbs.
    Chest Press - Always the exercise I went to, yet still very weak. My 1 rep max is around 145lbs.
    Deadlifts - Another neglected workout due to flexibility and lack of leg workout. 1 rep max around 160lbs

Most of my work out regiments were Day 1 - Chest/Tri, Day 2 - Back/Bi, Day 3 - Leg/Shoulder, Day 4 - Ab/Cardio, then rinse and repeat with the occasional Chest/Back day and Bicep/Tricep Days. Very scattered though and never a formal plan or logging of any sort.

Supplements
    The supplements I will be taking will be minimal, but thought it would be valuable to add on here. Just purchased a multivitamin and creatine, based off a few other posts I read on BB.

Multi: Orange Triad - Just purchased this as my Multivitamin, arrives in 3 days
    Creatine: Ultimate Mono Creatine - Just purchased, arrives in 3 days.
    Protein: ON Gold Standard Whey
    PreWorkout: Genesis Pure E2 - Mom is an IBO, so will have this sparingly from her sample box.

Lastly, I will also be taking some of my mother's MSM / Sulfer.

Pictures
    I have attached a few pictures, but since I am new, it will not allow me to embed the pictures. Please take the time to view them quickly, thanks! I hope to update these once a month.

Tracking & Diet
    I will be updating this with my work out results from the Fierce Five and if followers would like, I will post my diet as well. I track everything using MFP these days, which I am happy to attach onto here for those interested.

Let's Do this!
    Also, I am always looking for advice and willing to learn. Please feel free to comment on changes you believe would be valuable or even if you have motivational words. I am looking forward to trying this journey!
    Attached Images

Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10) Dabrodas is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    WEEK 1 - DAY 1
    Date - 04/18/16
    Body Weight - 152
    Mood - Excited to start the program, decent first workout

Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 95lb
    Notes: Squats are going to be the death of me. Probably started a little too high in weight as I was still a little shaky on the last reps. Main thing for me will be keeping form.

Bench 3x5 - 95lb
    Notes: Fairly easy for the first week. Figured I would keep it light, knowing each 5lb increment will be extreme.

Pendlay Rows3x8 - 55lb
    Notes: First time doing this workout. Really great exercise, wish I knew about it before. Wasn't too hard, but since it was the first times I wanted to focus on form.

Face Pulls 3x10 - 17.5lb
    Notes: Another new workout for me. Not sure I had form right.. weight was probably too heavy as well as I struggled on the last reps. Will have to watch a few more videos on this form.

Seated Calf Raises 2x12 - 25lb
    Notes: Seated variations were the only one open, so jumped on them. Weight wasn't too bad but may be difficult to jump 10 lbs every week.

Tricep Push Downs 2x12 - 32.5lb
    Notes: Of course the rope was taken, so used the angle bar. Did the weight easy, but will have to re-adjust when I can get back with the rope.

Summary
    Overall it was a decent workout. I know I am going to struggle on the leg workouts, but will keep maintaining the weight. The hardest part for me is finding room in the gym without having to wait. Squats are going to be the death of me, but it is about time I started lifting legs correct. Pendlay rows are awesome.. great workout and looking forward to struggling with more weight on this one. For warmups, I did a quick 5 min cardio warm up and then the two stretching videos from Davis' first post. The foam roller and the Agile 8... both were great warm up and stretching videos to follow

Diet
    Check out my nutrition for the day attached. Still a little low on calories, but still having a little bit of stomach issues. Trying to maintain lean foods and healthy foods to hit the macros. Been hovering around 1700 calories the last few months, so will have to see where I can make the jump to 2000.

Thanks for reading!
    Attached Images
    Last edited by Dabrodas; 04-18-2016 at 07:34 PM.

WEEK 1 - DAY 2
    Date - 04/20/16
    Body Weight - 150lb
    Mood - Didn't eat enough yesterday.. Ready to try this workout with my wife tonight!

Workout B

Front Squat 3x5 - 65lb
    Notes: First time doing Front Squats. Took a bunch of warm ups and practice getting the bar right. I finally found the sweet spot at the end and felt good. Weight wasn't too light either, which I thought 65lbs would have been easy.

OHP 3x5 - 45lb
    Notes: Fairly easy for the first week. Used the smaller bar since the wife was with me.. smaller bar + 10 lb weights on each side. I believe to be 45 lb.

Romanian Deadlift 3x8 - 75lb
    Notes: First time doing this workout. Still getting the hang of the correct form. Same thing here, used the smaller bar + 25 lbs on each side. I believe it to be 75lbs total. Screwed up the rep count but still got my 3x8.

Wide Grip Pull Down3x10 - 85lb
    Notes: Familiar with this one! 85lbs was pretty easy... usually do 115 or so but know the weight will jump quick in the coming weeks.

Cable Crunch 2x15 - 37.5lb
    Notes: Pretty easy... weight increasing on this will be tough though.

Barbell Curl 2x10 - 45lb
    Notes: Used the small bar with the wife plus 10 lbs on each side. I believe it was 45lbs total. Struggled on the last couple of the second set... probably too heavy to start the program but we will see!

Summary
    Started with the Agile 8 and foam rolling exercises again.. those work great and get me sweating in no time. The wife decided to try the program with me tonight, so was showing her some of the moves. Trying to convince her to build the strength up since she wants abs! Definitely need to keep working on form while the weight is light. I also received my Universal Creatine today, so started with 3mg of that. Overall, wasn't terrible and I felt like it was a tough workout. It is always difficult to learn new moves though, so just have to keep remembering that and next time it will be even easier. I also need to start stretching on the off days... my legs are always very tight and likely restricting my squat motions.

Diet
    Still not eating enough.. need to increase it. Stomach still isn't fully healed so don't have a major appetite.

Thanks for reading!

Proud of my macros today.. might need just a tad more protein but overall was finally able to eat a bit more than usual today.
    Attached Images

WEEK 1 - DAY 3
    Date - 04/22/16
    Body Weight - 152
    - Feel a little bloated / larger already since I am eating more carbs and likely the creatine has an impact.
    Mood - Holy smokes my hamstrings are so sore!! Not sure how I will be able to even get squats.. a little tired so took some E2 with my creatine before the workout.

Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 95lb
    Notes: Was worried since hamstrings were so sore.. but they felt good and I actually tried to get a bit lower with better range of motion, was a good workout.

Bench 3x5 - 95lb
    Notes: Still easy

Pendlay Rows3x8 - 55lb
    Notes: Still pretty easy and keep working on form

Back fly3x10 - 7.5lb
    Notes: All the cables were taken so I did back fly with 7.5lb DBs, standing but bent over. Wasn't too bad, but I like the face pulls better.

Seated Calf Raises 2x12 - 25lb
    Notes: Still pretty tough.. got all 12 but will be hard moving up in weight.

Tricep Push Downs 2x12 - 25lb
    Notes: Used the rope today.. 25lb and the last few reps were tough but got em out.

Summary
    Today was a good day.. lots of sweat and energy from the E2. The Agile 8 really gets me warmed up prior to the workout, so I will continue to do that and some light stretching. So far so good, I am getting pumped to try increasing the weight next week. Might do some light cardio or abs this weekend, just to keep myself motivated and moving.

EGG FEST THIS WEEKEND!

I am a Big Green Egg fanatic and the egg fest is tomorrow. Will eat anything and everything my stomach can handle!

Thanks for reading!

WEEK 2 - DAY 1
    Date - 04/25/16
    Body Weight - 153.8lb
    Mood - Excited to see how the extra weight this week goes!

Workout B

Front Squat 3x5 - 75lb
    Notes: Got all of these, but man going up in weight is going to be tough. A little rough on my small shoulders, but got pretty low in the squat so felt good.

OHP 3x5 - 50lb
    Notes: Still fairly easy, went well.

Romanian Deadlift 3x8 - 85lb
    Notes: Woo, this is a good one. Weight will increase quick and I probably need to stretch the hamstrings more.

Wide Grip Pull Down3x10 - 90lb
    Notes: Actually started to struggle on this one, just from being out of breath from the RDL. Needed to take longer breaks, but was on a time constraint.

Cable Crunch 2x10 - 42.5lb
    Notes: Messed up and only did 2x10, but still got some done.

Barbell Curl 2x10 - 50lb
    Notes: 50lbs is getting a little too heavy already. The last 3 reps were struggling and took some seconds in between. Got them all done though, so will see what next week brings.

Summary
    Had to do a quicker workout than normal, but was good with the increased weights. Looking forward to workout A on Wednesday.

Diet
    Still not eating enough!! Only had about 1500 calories today 133gP / 133gC / 49gF. Just don't want to eat dirty foods just to eat, trying to eat clean.

Thanks for reading![/QUOTE]

WEEK 2 - DAY 2
    Date - 04/27/16
    Body Weight - ???
    - Didn't have a chance to weigh due to being on the road for work.

Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 105lb
    Notes: Youch! Got all the sets, but also had to do Squats close to last due to machines being available.

Bench 3x5 - 105lb
    Notes: Realized I jumped too much weight after it was done.. not sure if I should fix it or just keep it now?

Pendlay Rows3x8 - 60lb
    Notes: Felt good

Face Pull 3x10 - 20lb
    Notes: Not too hard

Seated Calf Raises 2x12 - 35lb
    Notes: Hurts!! Very weak calf muscles

Tricep Push Downs 2x12 - 30lb
    Notes: Felt good, but couldn't super set due to too many people in the gym.

Summary
    Was tired before the gym, but got it going when I arrived. Agile 8 warmup, but had to skip around routines due to time and which bars were open.

Thanks for reading!

WEEK 2 - DAY 3
    Date - 04/29/16
    Body Weight - 153.8lb
    Mood - Getting in an early workout before golfing all day!

Workout B

Front Squat 3x5 - 75lb
    Notes: Wasn't too bad, still a little rough on my shoulders

OHP 3x5 - 50lb

Romanian Deadlift 3x8 - 85lb
    Notes: Felt good and got them all

Pull Ups 3x8 -
    Notes: People were hogging the pull down machine, so I just did 3 x 8 of pull ups.

Cable Crunch 2x10 - 42.5lb
    Notes: Going up in weight was tough on this one.. might just increase reps next time.

Barbell Curl 2x10 - 50lb
    Notes: Got them all again, but barely!

WEEK 3 - DAY 1
    Date - 05/02/16
    Body Weight - 154
    Mood: Tired, but excited to increase weights again. Starting to get nervous of the leg weights going up! Doing Agile 8 / Limber 11 for warm ups

Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 115lb
    Notes: Got them all, but felt like my legs were going to buckle. Was definitely tough and I am making sure that I keep my good form.

Bench 3x5 - 110lb
    Notes: Starting to get heavy now.. Got all the reps though

Pendlay Rows3x8 - 65lb
    Notes: Felt good

Face Pull 3x10 - 25lb
    Notes: Difficult!

Standing Calf Raises 2x12 - 50lb
    Notes: Had to jump to a standing calf raise machine since every one was on the seated.

Tricep Push Downs 2x12 - 35lb
    Notes: Very tough near the end. Couldn't super set due to too many people in the gym.

Thanks for reading!

Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Charlescheeze is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Keep up the good work Dabrodas, just started the Fierce 5 myself!

Originally Posted by Charlescheeze View Post
    Keep up the good work Dabrodas, just started the Fierce 5 myself!
    Sweet and thank you! Are you starting a journal? If so, I will sub and follow. I'm enjoying it so far, finally gives me some discipline in increasing weight and maintaining the right exercises.

WEEK 3 - DAY 2
    Date - 05/04/16
    Body Weight - 152.8lb

Workout B

Front Squat 3x5 - 85lb
    Notes: Thought this was going to be super hard, but wasn't that bad. My hips were a little sore and need to stretch them more this week.

OHP 3x5 - 55lb

Romanian Deadlift 3x8 - 95lb
    Notes: Felt good and got them all

Pull Down 3x10 - 95
    Notes: Got all of these, a little tough near the end.

Cable Crunch 2x15 - 42.5lb
    Notes: Felt much better this week and got all my reps. Kept the weight the same, will try going up next week.

Barbell Curl 1x10, 1x7 - 55lb
    Notes: Noooo! I failed this set. Was just worn out at the end and 55lbs barbell was just too heavy for me. Looking forward to next week and trying to get this again. I believe if I fail twice, then I drop the weight by 15%.

Thanks for reading!

WEEK 3 - DAY 3
    Date - 05/06/16
    Body Weight - 152.8

Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 115lb
    Notes: Got them all, still a little tough and not sure I am going low enough.

Bench 3x5 - 110lb
    Notes: Felt good got them all no problem and did a good bit of warm up prior.

Pendlay Rows3x8 - 65lb
    Notes: Starting to get a little heavy but not bad at all

Face Pull 3x10 - 25lb
    Notes: Still challenging! Got all the reps tho

Seated Raises 2x12 - 45lb
    Notes: Went back to the seated ones. 45 lbs is hard haha! Not sure I'll be able to go to 55 but I will give it a try.

Tricep Push Downs 2x12 - 35lb
    Notes: still very hard near the end. That rope is a killer. Got all the reps though and going up in weight next week

Thanks for reading

WEEK 4 - DAY 1
    Date - 05/09/16
    Body Weight - 152.1lb
    Got a morning workout in as I am on a flight and gone half of this week. Will push my Wednesday lift day to Thursday and then Friday to Saturday.

Workout B

Front Squat 3x5 - 95lb
    Notes: got lol of these! Was worried about the 95lbs but wasn't bad.

OHP 3x5 - 60lb

Romanian Deadlift 3x8 - 105lb
    Notes: Starting to get heavy for my grip. Was tired from the previous exercises and my grip was slipping near the end. Sucked it up and got them all though.

Pull Down 3x10 - 100lb
    Notes: Got all of these, felt great and beasted through. Didn't struggle near the end like I did last week

Cable Crunch 2x15 - 47.5
    Notes: went up in weight. It actually hurts my arms holding the rope since I am super setting with the biceps curls. Might switch to a different ab workout.

Barbell Curl 1x9, 1x7 - 55lb
    Notes: Failed these again, that is twice in a row. Will be dropping the weight next week to 45lbs as that is around 15%.

Thanks for reading!

No help for this one.... Squid24's Avatar
    Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Squid24 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    in for support
    My Log - https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170367151&page=50

"Muff divers local #69.....no muff too tough....we dive at five"

Fierce 5 Programs ->https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=1266579671#post1266579671

WEEK 4 - DAY 2
    Date - 05/06/16
    Body Weight - 155
    Moved this one to Thursday since I was out at a sales conference all week. Ate like crap and going to have to workout harder to wear it off

Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 125lb
    Notes: Got them all!

Bench 3x5 - 115lb
    Notes: Felt good got them all no problem and did a good bit of warm up prior.

Pendlay Rows3x8 - 70lb
    Notes: Starting to get a little heavy but not bad at all

Face Pull 3x10 - 30lb
    Notes: need to keep this weight next week, form was getting poor near the end.

Seated Raises 2x12 - 50lb
    Notes: only jumped by 5lbs this week, since I am already struggling

Tricep Push Downs 2x12 - 40
    Notes: still very hard near the end. That rope is a killer. Got all the reps though and going up in weight next week

Thanks for reading

WEEK 4 - DAY 3
    Date - 05/14/16
    Body Weight - 155
    Moved to Saturday based on the schedule.

Workout B

Front Squat 3x5 - 95lb
    Notes:

OHP 3x5 - 60lb

Romanian Deadlift 3x8 - 105lb
    Notes: got Em all

Pull Down 3x10 - 100lb
    Notes: Last 2 got tough but got Em all

Ab leg raise 2x15 -
    Notes: decided to do roman chair leg lifts today. Went well but didn't use weight

Barbell Curl 2x10 - 45lb
    Notes: dropped to 45 from last weeks failures. Got all of these no problem so I believe I bump back up next week to 50?

Thanks for reading!

WEEK 5 - DAY 1
    Date - 05/16/16
    Body Weight - 154lb
    Need to get my eating back on track, still off quite a bit of my Macros. Finally getting to some higher weight this week that will be difficult.

Workout A

Squat 3x5 - 135lb
    Notes: Barely got the last reps on the last set, but I got them all.

Bench 3x5 - 120lb
    Notes: Got all of these, but was challenging near the end. Having the wife spot me from here on out.

Pendlay Rows3x8 - 75lb
    Notes: Pretty heavy for 3x8 but got all of these.

Back Fly 3x10 - 10lb
    Notes: No ropes were available so went to back fly. 10b felt pretty good and got all of these

Seated Raises 2x12 - 55lb
    Notes: Only jumped 5lbs again and it was really difficult.

Tricep Push Downs 1x12, 1x10 - 45
    Notes: NOO Failed on tricep push down. Will give it another try on Friday, but it was heavy for me.

Thanks for reading

Update: The seated calf machine I was using has a base weight of 95lbs.. didn't know that, so I have been doing 95 + 50lbs so that is why it seems heavy to me.

Question for others doing Fierce 5. Should I be switching up the exercises? For example, I see others doing deadlifts, leg curls, and varying bicep / tricep exercises. I learned in the past it is good to keep your body confused, but wasn't sure what the take was on a set program. Should I switch it up every now and then or just keep progressing weight in the same exercises?

WEEK 5 - DAY 2
    Date - 05/18/16
    Body Weight - 153

Workout B

Front Squat 3x5 - 105lb
    Notes: woo.. got tough near the end!

OHP 3x5 - 65lb

Romanian Deadlift 3x8 - 115lb
    Notes: Starting to get heavy, feeling it in the hamstrings and lower back a lot more now.

Pull Down 3x10 - 105lb
    Notes: Did a couple warm up sets with lighter weight and got all of these no problem.

Ab leg raise 2x15 -
    Notes: Did a bunch of different Ab workouts tonight including plank, V ups, etc.

Barbell Curl 2x10 - 50lb
    Notes: Bumped back up to 50lbs this week. These are still tough for me! Got all of them, but not sure how I can jump back up to 55 again next week already.

Thanks for reading!

pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10) pender95 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good stuff man! Keep it up, solid progress already!