Page 3 of 292 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Updating my favorites list based on who we have an actual chance to get. Bye bye Goff

QB: Dak Prescott
    RB: Ezekiel Elliott
    WR: Sterling Shepard
    TE: Ben Braunecker
    OT: Joe Haeg
    OG: Joshua Garnett
    C: Ryan Kelly
    DE: DeForest Buckner
    NT: Vernon Butler
    OLB: Yannick Ngakoue
    ILB: Myles Jack
    CB: VH3
    S: Jayron Kearse

Would be psyched to see on the team as well...

QB: Jeff Driskel
    RB: C.J. Prosise
    WR: Josh Doctson
    TE: Hunter Henry
    OT: Jack Conklin
    OG: Cody Whitehair
    C: Nick Martin
    DE: Chris Jones
    NT: Javon Hargrave
    OLB: Leonard Floyd
    ILB: Nick Kwiatkoski
    CB: Eli Apple
    S: Keanu Neal

Pretty jealous with the Titans picks this year. I think the 2nd round this year has a ton of starer potential and they've got 3 picks in the top 15 of the 2nd round.

Beating my ****ing dick ChaseBromsley's Avatar
    ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000) ChaseBromsley is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Ian Rapoport ********@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #49ers and the #Redskins have emerged as the front-runners for the services of free agent CB Josh Norman, source said.
    TeeHeeZzzZzz

iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) iamgenus has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ChaseBromsley View Post
    Ian Rapoport ********@RapSheet 1m1 minute ago

The #49ers and the #Redskins have emerged as the front-runners for the services of free agent CB Josh Norman, source said.
    Looks like Washington is making the biggest push now. I'm ok not signing him considering I never thought Carolina would let him go but given all our cap room and a need for a shutdown corner I would've been ok with us giving him a big money deal.

I know the big thing Baalke and Chip worry about is how the locker room responds to a guy coming in and making all this money when home grown talent isn't making as much but guys know the way the business is. It's all about hitting free agency at the right time. I think they would understand, especially if it helps them win football games.

I think adding Norman to our secondary(assuming of course he plays the way he has been recently) would make our defense a strength again. This draft has some excellent front 7 talent but may be a bit weaker in the secondary, perfect time to beef up the DL and hope our pass rushers wake up.

Need Carradine to step up this year and it sounds like him dropping that weight has been helpful. I'm excited to see what he can do this year, would actually like to see us extend him to a low money deal the way we've done before with guys like Ian Williams, Ray McDonald, Daniel Kilgore, Alex Boone...guys who didn't do too much but the team felt they were on the verge of something good and we really benefited from those contracts in those good years.

Could be total unrealistic hopes and dreams from me but I think this year those 2013 2nd rounders could finally prove their worth and I'm hoping it won't be too little too late and watch them go to another team and really grow as players.

Oh and if we could sign Norman and have a draft similar to this one here(which has really grown on me)

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nf...ock-draft-v30/

btw that our very own ElMariachi(who's being a ******* by staying away from here btw)

Conklin, Butler and Garnett in the first two rounds would be superb. All 3 guys are perfect fits to this team and you could stop the draft right there and I'd be happy.

hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by iamgenus View Post
    Oh and if we could sign Norman and have a draft similar to this one here(which has really grown on me)

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/nf...ock-draft-v30/

btw that our very own ElMariachi(who's being a ******* by staying away from here btw)

Conklin, Butler and Garnett in the first two rounds would be superb. All 3 guys are perfect fits to this team and you could stop the draft right there and I'd be happy.

I love mock drafts because they're almost NEVER correct and it's amazing watching how much time gets put into something that is utterly pointless. Lol

Originally Posted by hublife View Post
    I love mock drafts because they're almost NEVER correct and it's amazing watching how much time gets put into something that is utterly pointless. Lol
    Not much else going on before the draft bro. No harm in speculating and claiming to be wizard status when you get 20% of it right

membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100) membervoter is not very well liked. (-100)
    No young QB?

Little incentive to plan Sundays around games next season. 3rd Place would be a good season

btw I really think we'll try to move up from that 2nd round pick in order to get a guy with the 5th year option in mind and Denver is the likely target to trade with.

Wouldn't shock me to see the Kap trade involve that pick. Our 2nd rounder + Kap and maybe a 5th rounder for Denver's #30.

That 30th pick would be a great spot to grab someone like Butler, Ogbah or Whitehair.

Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by hublife View Post
    This. Used to be into mock drafts when I was younger but now it's fukking cringe-worthy.

All these updated mocks by Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, it's unbearable. The top 5 is fairly predictable, the top 10 somewhat, the top 25 mostly random and then after that it's completely unknown wtf will happen. I cringe when these "draft experts" call someone a reach or a steal. brb NFL team with a huge employment of real scouts think a guy is worthy of a pick, but some random guy who read a mock draft once upon a time screams "wow terrible pick. Reach."

Originally Posted by Sema2015 View Post
    This. Used to be into mock drafts when I was younger but now it's fukking cringe-worthy.

All these updated mocks by Mel Kiper and Todd McShay, it's unbearable. The top 5 is fairly predictable, the top 10 somewhat, the top 25 mostly random and then after that it's completely unknown wtf will happen. I cringe when these "draft experts" call someone a reach or a steal. brb NFL team with a huge employment of real scouts think a guy is worthy of a pick, but some random guy who read a mock draft once upon a time screams "wow terrible pick. Reach."
    To be fair plenty of teams suck at drafting and one of the best ever was this dude....

IMO it's fun to scout players and have your favorites. Obviously I've made it pretty clear I'm a big draft fan and enjoy throwing out my opinions but I'll never pretend to be 100% right or that I know better than the pros. I've been right about players plenty of times and been way off plenty of times. IMO as long as you don't take it seriously there's no harm in it.

Personally my obsession with Goff this year and the Rams totally fuking over the hope of him being a 49er made me realize I shouldn't get so personally vested in these players cuz very rarely will the team draft the same guy you hope for, especially if they don't have #1 overall.

They drafted a few of my favorites in recent years - Ellington and Busta Anderson last year but they're not guys I'm putting my house on the line in claiming they're going to be all star players.

Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) Sema2015 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    I know some teams aren't good at it. Because it's really hard. But just because teams aren't good at it doesn't mean these "draft experts" or guys on the Internet are either. They're still not as knowledgable as the chit teams.

mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Definitely hoping Tank helps the pass rush playing on the outside this year. Would be a big help.

Also anybody else hear about Nick Moody disappearing. Was supposed to testify against Aldon and is now gone lol. Weird stuff.
    San Francisco 49ers
    San Francisco Giants
    Golden State Warriors
    San Jose Sharks

hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hublife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Beyond thankful the 49ers didn't go full retard for Norman the way the Redskins just did. Thinking that McCloughin might be hitting the bottle again with that $50 mil guaranteed.

Not gonna lie I wish we could've signed him but $50 mil guaranteed is crazy.

It's a moot point now for this draft with Goff/Wentz going 1/2 but this is a good article to reinforce the importance of drafting a franchise QB over all else

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2016/sto...passed-big-ben

Browns would certainly like a do over now.

Draft less than a week away! Should be exciting but no question this one has to be knocked out of the park or we're in for many years of suck.

Now that Goff and Wentz are pretty much off the board IMO the only guy who may possibly be there at #7 who is worth that pick is DeForest Buckner. That includes all the other non QB prospects. Some may think Ramsey is BPA and he may very well be if by some miracle he slides but to me he's a safety and not worth a top 10 pick based on our needs & strengths(which happens to be safety)

Here's how I'm hoping the 49ers approach this draft in some shape or form.

#7 - Trade down. Titans and Jets IMO are the two teams I'd love to see us trade down with. Titans for #15 + 2nd rounder and Jets in a 1st round swap + Muhammad Wilkerson which could kill two birds with one stone.

Grab the best player available at whichever spot we wind up with I'm thinking that will be OL or pass rusher but wouldn't be surprised to see a corner or even WR selected.

My favorites in a trade down scenario - Shaq Lawson, Jack Conklin, Josh Doctson or Vernon Butler

#37 - Trade up. I think this is a great pick to use to move up into the 1st round for a guy the team really likes which allows them to use the 5th year option on a player. I think Denver is a great target to trade up with while including Kaepernick.

My favorites in that situation obviously include anyone left from the group above as well as Noah Spence, Paxton Lynch, Ryan Kelly, Emmanuel Ogbah, Cody Whitehair

2nd round - whether we keep our original pick or pick up one in the original trade from #7

My favorites in the 2nd round on top of the guys above - Joshua Garnett, Jason Spriggs, Jonathan Bullard, Sterling Shepard, Chris Jones

3rd round - Jihad Ward, Dak Prescott, Christian Hackenberg, Javon Hargrave, Christian Westerman, Artie Burns, Le'Raven Clark

4th round - Jaylon Smith(if he falls that far), Yannick Ngakoue, Jeff Driskol, Roberto Aguayo, Braxton Miller, Vadal Alexander, Tyler Matakevich, Malcolm Mitchell

5th rounds + just get the best athlete on the board

I think the more I think about it the less I want us addressing QB early on in this draft after Goff/Wentz were gone. Unless we can get Lynch in the 2nd or trade up into bottom 1st I don't think another QB in this class is worth a pick in the first 2 rounds. I would like to see what Chip Kelly can do with Dak Prescott but early 3rd may be too high for him. I would like to see if we can salvage something out of Jeff Driskol who has all the physical tools but needs coaching up and getting his head right after the Florida disaster. That 4th round comp pick may be a good spot to grab him or Jaylon Smith if he's still there.

One thing we cannot do in this draft is go injury risk/concern early on in the draft or go with more potential than film results early on in the draft. I would also stay away early from any scheme change players so we don't run into another Tank Carradine situation. That's why I'm hoping Joey Bosa is gone before we pick. I've heard the Justin Smith comparisons, I've heard the JJ Watt comparisons and the Jared Allen comparisons. Jared Allen is probably the more accurate one and he was not very good in a 3-4 role. I'd hate to blow an early pick on a guy who gets played out of position and becomes a non contributor because of it.

Baalke was able to make some gambles in prior seasons....can't do that anymore. We need solid players who can contribute sooner rather than later.

Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I kinda agree we should trade down if Buckner isn't there and then trade back up high in the 2nd or very late first to get someone else. Guess we need to hope that Elliot is there at 7 as I see a few teams would want him.

My dream scerneio would to get Wilkerson in a trade back. Doubt it happens.
    LOL @ people who follow politics

Just saw Rotoworld post this

Eagles RT Lane Johnson is relieved new coach Doug Pederson has a more traditional approach toward practice and recovery.
    "With Chip, our practices were pretty much the same, training-camp style from OTAs all the way through, so it wasn’t a progression, it was hit-the-ground running and stay that way the whole year," Johnson said. "I think we’re progressing nice here, taking it step by step, and just taking a better approach. I got kind of worn out towards the end. We definitely felt it." Johnson said he hasn't done much this offseason aside from relaxing and letting his body heal after inking a five-year mega-extension in January.

Does that remind anyone else of Boone's comments post Harbaugh last year?

mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000) mngardne is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iamgenus View Post
    Just saw Rotoworld post this

Eagles RT Lane Johnson is relieved new coach Doug Pederson has a more traditional approach toward practice and recovery.
    "With Chip, our practices were pretty much the same, training-camp style from OTAs all the way through, so it wasn’t a progression, it was hit-the-ground running and stay that way the whole year," Johnson said. "I think we’re progressing nice here, taking it step by step, and just taking a better approach. I got kind of worn out towards the end. We definitely felt it." Johnson said he hasn't done much this offseason aside from relaxing and letting his body heal after inking a five-year mega-extension in January.

Does that remind anyone else of Boone's comments post Harbaugh last year?
    Then we proceeded to suck last year after our practices were ramped down.
    San Francisco 49ers
    San Francisco Giants
    Golden State Warriors
    San Jose Sharks

Originally Posted by mngardne View Post
    Then we proceeded to suck last year after our practices were ramped down.
    Yup...curious how it goes this year.

I'd like to just see growth from our young players. I don't care so much about wins this season...in fact I'd be very happy with a top 3 pick this upcoming season as I think we have a chance at a really good player or possibly put us into position to get a monster draft haul and hope to heck that the team we trade with tanks so we wind up with #1 overall in 2018(Hello Josh Rosen)

I just want to see these last few drafts start to pay off. We have all this cap space and it looks like we're not going to dish out huge bucks for outside free agents and at times I get the reservation but we need our own home grown talent to actually be talented enough to get paid.

Need Tank & Vance to step up this year. Need to see more grown from Ward, Johnson, Acker, Lynch, Hyde, Martin, Thomas(especially those last 2) and need to see Armstead turn into a legit starter on the DL and see if Harold can grow in his 2nd season.

I'm very curious how camp goes with Chip. We don't have a lot of strong leadership on this team. Staley and Bowman are really the only guys on the team who are seasoned vets who guys can look up to which is somewhat scary. Antoine Bethea is the other one but I'm not sure he's on this team a couple of months from now.

That's a lot of youth on the team and not a lot of leadership so things could go well if everyone buys in and plays excited but controlled football or lack of leadership can hurt and everyone kind of does their own thing. Bowman is a very quiet leader not exactly a Ray Lewis in your face hype em up dude. Staley is probably more vocal but two guys can only do so much.

Whatever happens I hope the team doesn't fire Chip(unless he totally loses his chip) after this season. I'd like to at least see us be prepared and say what you will about Chip but his teams have always looked prepared for the most part.

Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Miked1978 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Thursday yet?
    LOL @ people who follow politics

Originally Posted by Miked1978 View Post
    Thursday yet?
    I wish. Took the day off. Getting stitches out and watching the draft. Good times.

If we have Gabbert starting this year idk how much I can watch. Selfish fan of me wants to see a new young QB paired with a young talented receiver. Imagine how fun it was being a Bengals fan when they got Dalton and Green. Not saying drafting QB/WR or vice versa is smart thing for this team, but it'd be pretty exciting to watch.

A lot of you would probably be grossed out by this, but if we could trade back in the 1st and get Treadwell and then later trade up and get Paxton Lynch I'd be so excited.

Originally Posted by Sema2015 View Post
    If we have Gabbert starting this year idk how much I can watch. Selfish fan of me wants to see a new young QB paired with a young talented receiver. Imagine how fun it was being a Bengals fan when they got Dalton and Green. Not saying drafting QB/WR or vice versa is smart thing for this team, but it'd be pretty exciting to watch.

A lot of you would probably be grossed out by this, but if we could trade back in the 1st and get Treadwell and then later trade up and get Paxton Lynch I'd be so excited.
    Honestly I don't think Lynch would be ready to start this season so Gabbert will have to be the guy. Chip Kelly has made worse QBs look pretty good so who knows what he can do with Gabbert.

I think this draft should be used to help our trenches and pass rush for the most part. Maybe try to get a project later in the draft at QB to see if a light can go off - Jeff Driskol with that 4th round comp pick or 5th round makes me curious. Kid was a 5 star talent and if he can wake up could be a legit player.

Overall my eye is on next year's draft in terms of our future QB or the year after depending how bad we are next year. Luke Falk is the kid I have my eyes on now but who knows how next year goes. Josh Rosen is 2 years away from draft eligibility but looked very impressive as a freshman so unless he Hackenbergs it's hard to not see him as #1 overall in 2018.

I think we should trade down from #7 this year unless Tunsil or Buckner is available. Beef up the trenches early and get some athletes later in the draft.

Next year go Luke Falk and Travin Dural.

Keep Gabbert and Kap and let them battle it out.

Draft BPA, OL, OL, BPA rest of picks.

Always has been my stance. Still is.
    San Francisco 49ers
    San Francisco Giants
    Golden State Warriors
    San Jose Sharks

Keep Gabbert and Kap and let them battle it out.

Draft BPA, OL, OL, BPA rest of picks.

Always has been my stance. Still is.
    I respect that but IMO Kap is done here. He probably would be able to do some good things in Chip's offense but his people asking for a trade showed that his head isn't here and I don't know if that can be fixed. He'll abide by his contract and won't be the type of guy to hold out to demand a trade but I think he mentally checked out and I don't want the distraction he could provide. I think we move him either Thursday or Friday. My guess is either the original 3rd rounder from Denver or along with our 2nd rounder to move to that #31 pick they have.

I'm very curious how we approach the draft. Outside the top 2 the top 6 are question marks. Any of these guys are in play at any point - Ramsey, Bosa, Tunsil, Stanley, Jack, Buckner and maybe even Elliot.

To me the two guys who we should draft if they're there are Tunsil and Buckner. Both guys are studs at their respective positions. Tunsil has some recent question marks but I can't imagine he slides. This was the guy pretty much mocked by everyone as #1 overall and the best talent in this class. Hard to see him falling to #7 just because two teams traded up to draft QBs.

Also don't like Conklin moving up draft boards I thought he would've been a good get if we did trade down. If we do move down the options become all over the place. Could target OL, DL, CB, OLB and even WR.

I'm actually pretty content with the talent in this class. The only guys that would disappoint the chit out of me is any QB not named Goff or Wentz or any ILB not named Jack.

Keep Gabbert and Kap and run them both into the ground
    Fixed.

EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) EvilChicken is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm tired with all the draft talk already. I'm good with taking the BPA, it'll be hard for Baalke to mess up a top 10 pick.

Originally Posted by EvilChicken View Post
    I'm tired with all the draft talk already. I'm good with taking the BPA, it'll be hard for Baalke to mess up a top 10 pick.
    Happens probably every year

Just in the last 10 years(removing last years since it's too early to tell) these are the guys who either are complete busts or disappointing for a top 10 pick

2014 - Jadeveon Clowney, Sammy Watkins, Justin Gilbert, Eric Ebron
    2013 - Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel, Dion Jordan, Barkevious Mingo, Jonathan Cooper, Tavon Austin, Dee Miliner
    2012 - Robert Griffin, Trent Richardson, Matt Kalil, Justin Blackmon, Morris Claiborne, Mark Barron
    2011 - Jake Locker, Blaine Gabbert
    2010 - Sam Bradford, Rolando McClain, Tyson Alualu
    2009 - Jason Smith, Aaron Curry, Mark Sanchez, Darrius Heyward-Bey, Eugene Monroe, BJ Raji, Michael Crabtree
    2008 - Jake Long, Darren McFadden, Glenn Dorsey, Vernon Gholston, Sedrick Ellis, Derrick Harvey, Keith Rivers
    2007 - Jamarcus Russell, Gaines Adams, Levi Brown, Laron Landry, Jamaal Anderson, Ted Ginn, Amobi Akoye
    2006 - Reggie Bush, Vince Young, AJ Hawk, Michael Huff, Ernie Sims, Matt Leinart
    2005 - Alex Smith, Ronnie Brown, Braylon Edwards, Cedric Benson, Cadillac Williams, Adam Jones, Troy Williamson, Mike Williams

Some of those are just tragic looking back on it. Couple of years where most of the picks were just awful. 2011 was probably the most talented top 10 in recent history outside the two QBs and Aldon drinking himself out of a possible HOF career.

Sammy Watkins has been good, he's just had a couple of small injuries.