Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

STARTUP VENTURE: Pens and Red Cups [feedback, advice, tips needed (srs)]

Pre-cliffs: I've uploaded a prototype website that teaches people the practice of Flexible Dieting (IIFYM) in a simple manner. I encourage you to read the post first before visiting the website, but for those who can't wait till the end, the website is pensandredcups.com (DONT FORGET TO CLICK ON THE HIGHLIGHTABLE TEXT TO SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU DO!)

The Problem:
    There’s too much conflicting advice on losing weight across the web—a lot of which has no scientific backing—and there’s many people that just don’t know where to start.

Targeted Users & Assumptions:
    Targeted Users: People who will use my site are people who want to get in shape, but for whatever reason, they haven’t.

Assumptions of the website's user's:
    • They have LITTLE TO NO knowledge on fitness
    • They have users have tried to get in shape before but at some point they got DISCOURAGED or CONFUSED
    • They don’t know where to start
    • People in general have SHORT attention spans****
    • People enjoy simplicity****
    • Too much info at once is OVERWHELMING and is off-putting

***NOTE: I have to point out once more that the assumption is that a user of this site knows nothing about fitness so when giving feedback, focus more on the CONCEPT of my website and its layout and NOT on the accuracy of things.

What does my website do and How is it different?
    Well…In a over-simplified sentence which won’t do it justice: It teaches people how to lose weight (or gain muscle).

BORING.

To better explain how my website will shine I’ll provide you below with pictures of fitness websites that are perfect examples of WHAT THIS WEBSITE IS NOT....

The two pictures from above are from a reputable fitness website
    ***NOW PRETEND you are one of our Targeted Users as described above and also take the above Assumptions as TRUE***

Now…What do we get?
    • Pictures that may make one feel intimidated
    • High-quality pictures and many of them
    • Many places to click
    • Ads everywhere
    • Ads that take up a lot of space
    • Ads that take away the attention from the website’s articles
    • The feeling of “where do I start” (given the assumptions above and that you are the targeted customer mentioned above)
    • Nothing on this page is relatable. If I’m an average Joe and I see all those pictures of those huge guys, it could make it seem like being fit is hard to attain.
    • TRUST ISSUES with this site and other sites like these. They’re too flashy and sale-driven that a newbie might wonder if this advice or produce really works of if they’re trying to make a dime off them.

Another fine example...

The picture above is from a website that also preaches iifym. The practices taught here are basically the same as the ones taught on my site. And sure…They have a little nice start button to guide the newbie…BUT THAT’S WHERE THE GUIDANCE
    STOPS.

Below I have attached a photo of what happens if you click on the “Start Here” button:

Yup. That’s right. You’re lead to a landing page the screams “I WANT YOUR MONEY” and is clearly written by someone whose expertise is in writing copy. And it keeps going and going and going. The scroll bar on this page is so tiny due to the MASSIVE amounts of text thrown at the user.

Just like the previous website show, and all the other websites, they are Cluttered with Links, Advertisements, Articles, and No real direction for a newbie to go in. Everyone has conflicting advice. Heck, even some research articles have conflicting advice and so people get stuck in “Where do I start” paralysis or “How do I start paralysis” or “Who should believe paralysis”…you get the point.

The principles that make my site shine:
    • ZERO SCROLLING. Everything they need is in one square on one page.
    • Simplicity
    • No gimmicky stuff
    • No intimidation (kind of like what Planet Fitness did to gyms and their whole “no gymtimidation” marketing campaign)
    • The BASIC INFO they need to know in order TO BE ABLE TO TEACH THEMSELVES how to lose weight is on front page Is ON ONE PAGE. Literally... EVERYTHING they need is on the front page.
    • A more-detailed explanation on a word or sentence will APPEAR to the right side of the screen if they click on said word or sentence.
    • Keyword: APPEAR. This means that our user will NOT BE OVERWHELMED with too much info all at once. If a user does not click on a word or sentence, then the detailed explanation will not appear to the right. Why? I'll give you an example: If I ask you your name you’d probably respond with something like “Jake”, but you most likely wouldn’t tell me your middle name unless I asked you…Same concept here.
    • POINT OF SALE? No. POINT OF INFO! Why waste time giving them info on something they already know? Only reveal more info As Needed.
    • K.I.S.S. (keep it simple stupid)

Why did I choose this website name?

I picked this website name for three reasons:

1) This is not a “diet”. It’s a way of living. It’s tracking calories to get fit. I didn’t want to have the word “diet” anywhere in the website name.

2) I want people to know that Flexible Dieting is something they can do during the week wether they’re using Pens at school or work, and that they’ll be able to continue doing this during the weekend whether someone is out partying and drinking out of a Red Cup or having a family barbecue and drinking soda out of Red Cups. It's a change they can make in their lives and stick with it throughout the whole week

3) Duality of interpretation. Pens and Red Cups can be interpreted differently based off of one's behavioral patters. For instance, for someone in college, pens can represent their school days (Mon - Fri).

4) The most important reason of the three which is a marketing concept called TRIGGERS. I want my website to be triggered in their mind whenever they see Pens or whenever they see a Red Cup.
    • Believe it or not, cheerios gets talked about more often than Disneyland. Why? Because of triggers. Everyone (assuming they don't die) wakes up in the morning and for many, "breakfast" gets triggered -> "cereal" gets triggered -> "cheerios" gets triggered. Cheerios is paired with a Trigger that has the possibility to be activated 7 days of the week!
    • Rebecca Black's song "Friday" was deemed 'the worst song in history', yet every week, on a particular day, searches for this song SPIKE drastically. If it wasn't obvious enough...Yes, it's because her song has a Trigger (Friday) which is activated every week. It's one thing to go viral and get people talking, it's another thing to KEEP PEOPLE TALKING...and Triggers allow this to happen.

Wot Now?
    Idk...I'm stuck and that's why I came here to post my prototype.
    Any and all (positive/negative) feedback is welcome or any suggestions or tips on how this site could become better.

But most of all, how can I speed up the process of having this website finished? I'm a one-man team and thus far I've coded the whole website on my own, but I just don't have enough web development experience to finish the website within the near future...

I can't teach myself everything and expect to have this site done in less than 1 or 2 years. I feel that would be time inefficient and I would rather allocate my time to market/advertise the website (speaking of which...yes I do have a marketing strategy and I've thought of different ways I could monetize this, but that's a separate matter).

Do I apply to startup-incubators?
    Do I hit up investors?
    Cold call?
    kickstarter?

Hiring a free-lance web developer out of pocket is out of the question because poverty op is poverty and in college.

Cliffs:
    -check out pensandredcups.com
    -feedback/advice/tips?
    -????
    Last edited by JohnDizzle888; 04-14-2016 at 06:33 PM.

Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000) Lolip0p is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Put pics of tranny's on your site or no one will take it seriously

Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    tldr

Read the very end, and i think you need to use wordpress. Find a good theme and plugins and you are set. Also don't stress too much over the specifics. Get a mvp going and build from there.
    lol at chromecels and firefoxcels

brave browser crew

AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AppsBrah is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Skimmed through it. Too late to the party, MFP is leading the market with the majority of their users being fitchicks and fat girls wanting to lose weight. Most young people know it's calories in/out, this ain't 2005

Also, business model? Giving away the basics will get you no userbase since it's a very simple concept. How are you gonna make money?

JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnDizzle888 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Parkerscott View Post
    tldr

Read the very end, and i think you need to use wordpress. Find a good theme and plugins and you are set. Also don't stress too much over the specifics. Get a mvp going and build from there.
    this.

this is why I made a website like mine. "tldr". I know bro I know... I know the pain of looking at walls of text.

but besides that, I don't think wordpress would be the platform for my idea because it's just not as customizable and I don't think templates or the "drag and drop" nature of wordpress would be able to get it done correctly

doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) doughnutking has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Good luck breaking into the hardest industry in the world.... selling diets on de internet.

lol srs.

A good learning experience though.

Originally Posted by AppsBrah View Post
    Skimmed through it. Too late to the party, MFP is leading the market with the majority of their users being fitchicks and fat girls wanting to lose weight. Most young people know it's calories in/out, this ain't 2005

Also, business model? Giving away the basics will get you no userbase since it's a very simple concept. How are you gonna make money?
    "Most young people know"... Well this is not for them, bud. Read the assumptions please.

"How are you gonna make money?"
    you gonna invest in me brah? that's not the concern. but I do appreciate your feedback though!

Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Parkerscott has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by JohnDizzle888 View Post
    this.

this is why I made a website like mine. "tldr". I know bro I know... I know the pain of looking at walls of text.

but besides that, I don't think wordpress would be the platform for my idea because it's just not as customizable and I don't think templates or the "drag and drop" nature of wordpress would be able to get it done correctly
    You really underestimate wordpress then. Its more than just a blog platform. You can make really great responsive websites and ecommerce stores etc etc through wordpress.

brave browser crew

Originally Posted by doughnutking View Post
    Good luck breaking into the hardest industry in the world.... selling diets on de internet.

lol srs.

A good learning experience though.
    I'm not selling diets. My website would automate the process in one go and be able to email their macros and plan straight to them for free.

Also, if you use my calculator and tell my calculator that you're starting off "lean" but your goal is to "cut", then my algorithm will print out a "However, " clause and tell them that it would not be recommended.

the same thing would happen if someone stated on my calculator that they are starting fat and want to bulk

You really underestimate wordpress then. Its more than just a blog platform. You can make really great responsive websites and ecommerce stores etc etc through wordpress.
    It's not that I underestimate wordpress. But like I admitted, I don't have a lot of experience with web dev so I couldn't really have known that wordpress can do what I want it to do until I would have randomly felt like searching google for that answer or until just now that you've replied to my thread.

but hmmm....i'll definitely do more research on wordpress then and see if that's the right platform like you say. but remember, that would be another learning curve i'd have to overcome. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hard work, but I wanna put in the hard work where it really matters.

Not trying to be the electrician, the carpenter, the plumber, etc... nomsayin?

and for crying outloud someone actually go to my site and CLICK ON ONE OF THE TEXTS and see what happens when you do. also TRY OUT MY CALCULATOR, CLICK SUBMIT, THEN CLICK "EMAIL RESULTS" and see what appears on your screen

I didn't post screenshots of my site for a reason, I wanted you guys to experience the UI live

dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dudebruh is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    so how does this make money?

ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) ZMAg has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Reading this thread triggered me. Its working OP
    "I'm not going to be jerked around by some chick who thinks her pussy is going to magically override my sense of self-respect. I'm not a phucking performing seal, I'm not going to do tricks to get a mouthful of fish."

-Azrairc, 2014

🍕Slice of Supreme for Tostee Crew🍕

Originally Posted by dudebruh View Post
    so how does this make money?
    Is that all you're thinking about? like I said, that's not the purpose of this thread. it's a valid question for you to have but you're straying away from the purpose of my site.

and trust me, i've spent a lot of time finding out how i'm gonna monetize the site and how i'm going market and advertise it. I have a personal word doc that carefully plans it all out for myself, but most people can't even sit through my whole post so there's no need to post it here to satisfy your curiosity.

additionally, I'm posting my idea out here to you guys as a FEASABILITY STUDY to see whether my prototype is worth investing more time into or not. I wanna get genuine opinions on my site/idea, not bombarded with money questions LMAO.

I value my time and that's why i want good feedback (non-money wise). Because if it's not a viable product, then i could use up my time on another idea of mine.

actually.... allow your selves to pretend my website was a non-profit website... what advice, suggestions, or feedback would you give then?
    Last edited by JohnDizzle888; 04-14-2016 at 06:37 PM.

here's some screenshots

this is the page when you load the site:

this is what happens if you click on text which turns yellow when you hover:

This is what happens when you use my calc:

this is what happens when you click "email results"

Start's off simple with no walls of text, then adds onto the screen, not all at once, but as is needed

Originally Posted by JohnDizzle888 View Post
    It's not that I underestimate wordpress. But like I admitted, I don't have a lot of experience with web dev so I couldn't really have known that wordpress can do what I want it to do until I would have randomly felt like searching google for that answer or until just now that you've replied to my thread.

but hmmm....i'll definitely do more research on wordpress then and see if that's the right platform like you say. but remember, that would be another learning curve i'd have to overcome. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind hard work, but I wanna put in the hard work where it really matters.

Not trying to be the electrician, the carpenter, the plumber, etc... nomsayin?
    Its not really that big of a learning curve, plus once you learn it you can do all the maintenance yourself relatively easy rather than outsourcing. You can have custom plugins developed for you that you can pretty much paste in as well. Its a very great cms.

Also like people said, how you are going to make money is the biggest issue. If you are making money off "ads" its a terrible idea, if you have any other way of monetization try and see if you can get the sales and if it works scale it up. Just test it out. Find out what the bare minimum is required of your product and go from there and then you can add all the bells and whistles.

brave browser crew

Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Stradevarius has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I really like your concept, and the base design of the site is great, but I think it could still improve its aesthetics at the same time, while still maintaining a minimalist function. The name is throwing me off though, not really sure how it relates. If you'd like to write a guest post for my site on IIFYM, and then link to your site in order to increase your SEO, contact me and we can set something up! (visit my contact page) http://www.strengthcooperative.com/contact/
    All lifts done RAW

523.5 Deadlift (conventional)
    407.7 Back Squat (ATG)
    237.3 Bench Press (powerlifter style, narrow grip, paused)

www.strengthcooperative.com - Endeavoring to provide lifters of all skill levels with the most proven training methods and nutritional strategies tested in the gym and backed by science.

Also work on your copy writing. Thats my opinion, and you can disagree if you like, but I think some better copy would help.

brave browser crew

Originally Posted by imbored205 View Post
    interesting in purchasing some ad space. how much do you charge?

idk m8. DopeAd/10. wood spare a chunk of my site to have that up on there

but there's one bid for ad space lol. maybe that'll calm the demons in all the posters viciously searching for the part in my post where i talk about monetization haha

Also work on your copy writing. Thats my opinion, and you can disagree if you like, but I think some better copy would help.
    YES!!! definitely aware of that. any link suggestions or book suggestions on copywriting

Originally Posted by imbored205 View Post
    strong .txt file format

you need to read up on UI brah.

the luzliest thing is the 5 digits after the decimal. Should just be a whole number.
    can be fixed within seconds brah

you're focusing on the wrong details

Its not really that big of a learning curve, plus once you learn it you can do all the maintenance yourself relatively easy rather than outsourcing. You can have custom plugins developed for you that you can pretty much paste in as well. Its a very great cms.

Also like people said, how you are going to make money is the biggest issue. If you are making money off "ads" its a terrible idea, if you have any other way of monetization try and see if you can get the sales and if it works scale it up. Just test it out. Find out what the bare minimum is required of your product and go from there and then you can add all the bells and whistles.
    why add the bells and whistles if this isn't a good idea?
    and how am I going to know if this is a good idea or not if most people are concerned with monotization.

No, ad space was not what I have in mind, considering that my whole post explains that ads are one of the many reason i felt there needed to be a site like this.

"see if I can get a sale?" make a customer first. not a sale.

"just test it out?" yu foking wot m(7+1)? I am.
    I made a prototype. I made a thread about it trying to get feedback.
    Last edited by JohnDizzle888; 04-14-2016 at 07:13 PM.

Originally Posted by Stradevarius View Post
    I really like your concept, and the base design of the site is great, but I think it could still improve its aesthetics at the same time, while still maintaining a minimalist function. The name is throwing me off though, not really sure how it relates. If you'd like to write a guest post for my site on IIFYM, and then link to your site in order to increase your SEO, contact me and we can set something up! (visit my contact page) http://www.strengthcooperative.com/contact/
    thanks brah. I'd definitely be up for writing a guest post on your site.

and of course, I want to add aesthetics at some point. But what I've learned for working for past startups on my internships is that you wanna get constant feedback throughout the entire process.

If the founders of my previous internship (failed startup) had done that, they wouldn't have lost 250k to develop an app that never took off.

thanks for visiting the site and playing around with it!

winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000) winterbulk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I've got to be honest when I say I think the idea needs revising. I know your principle is to not have gimmicks, be straightforward and simple. However I don't think there's really a big market for that. By this I mean if someone finds your website chances are they either want gimmicks (one simple trick ect.) or you to really elaborate on it like an Alan Aragon. I don't think simple is a bad principle, but I do think it's difficult to simplify something effectively without coming off as gimmicky. Personally I would try and make it as gimmicky as possible "Buckle up motherf*ckers, 1 simple trick to lose fat AND build muscle without working out!!" etc. But that's me and obviously I've never run a website like this before so what do I know..

whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Pictures that may make one feel intimidated - People are attracted to what they want to be. Slim, built, handsome, rich, etc. This is a core of advertising and it works for a reason.

High-quality pictures and many of them - Not a bad thing. Quality connotes value for a lot of peopl

Many places to click - Yes, this is a bad thing, and I agree

Ads everywhere - also a bad thing, takes away from the value of a website if they have ads everywhere

Ads that take up a lot of space - True, but don't confuse this with the idea that you need to fill up all the space

Ads that take away the attention from the website’s articles - Ads have their place, and websites aren't operated/hosted/run for free. Don't see ads as an enemy, see ads as another tool to help people and to help them reach their goals. I'm sure there are products you use and love, and would advertise. Not to make money, per se, but because you believe in the product and what they offer

The feeling of “where do I start” (given the assumptions above and that you are the targeted customer mentioned above) - Parallax scrolling has become so incredibly popular, you find it on so many sites. It essentially allows people to move down/up, and allows you to craft a story for your brand, and control what people see bit by bit.

Nothing on this page is relatable. If I’m an average Joe and I see all those pictures of those huge guys, it could make it seem like being fit is hard to attain. - Pros and cons to this bit. I explained the initial bit in the first point. Now the difficult part is that for some of your visitors that may not be what they want. They may not be the type that look at the buff/slim/etc. and fall into the same line of thinking. But there's a middle ground here. Show them an ideal to reach. Not one that's mediocre, not some guy who just has a bit of size, or is a little chubby, but someone they can genuinely see and look up to and strive to reach. Again, this works well if your entire website/theme follows suit of being an honest and reasonable approach to weight loss.

TRUST ISSUES with this site and other sites like these. They’re too flashy and sale-driven that a newbie might wonder if this advice or produce really works of if they’re trying to make a dime off them. - Only way around this is to have a solid brand that promotes legitimate results and builds trust with its consumers.
    I'm no expert on the matter, but just some opinions in bold.

I will say this, for every 100 people looking into these things, 85 want a get-built/slim/ripped-quick-fix. There's a reason a lot of similar sites with supps and this and that tend to work well.

What you want is doable, but like your IIFYM approach, it isn't going to happen over night.

Regarding investors and the like...good luck. And I think it would be a waste of their time and your time. Build your brand slowly, target the right people, eventually when you prove yourself legit, things will grow from there.

Don't quit your day job.
    2014 Misc Resolution: Negging no pics (screen captures of text don't count as pics)

snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000) snufy is just really nice. (+1000)
    How does your website differ from Scooby's... his is exactly the same, but more detailed?

Originally Posted by winterbulk View Post
    I've got to be honest when I say I think the idea needs revising. I know your principle is to not have gimmicks, be straightforward and simple. However I don't think there's really a big market for that. By this I mean if someone finds your website chances are they either want gimmicks (one simple trick ect.) or you to really elaborate on it like an Alan Aragon. I don't think simple is a bad principle, but I do think it's difficult to simplify something effectively without coming off as gimmicky. Personally I would try and make it as gimmicky as possible "Buckle up motherf*ckers, 1 simple trick to lose fat AND build muscle without working out!!" etc. But that's me and obviously I've never run a website like this before so what do I know..
    that's correct. most people want one simple trick...
    that's why lots of people are attracted to ads that start with "3 EASY STEPS TO..." or "5 TIPS TO MAXIMIZE...." or "GET RESULTS IN JUST 2 WEEKS"

they love that ish. why not give them ONE EASY WEBSITE with simplicity AND NOBODY BASHING THE NOOBS AND PESTERING THEM TO READ THE 30-PARAGRAPH LONG STICKY POST WHICH WILL LOSE THEIR ATENTION....clearly, since I can't even capture the attention of a lot of the repliers here enough to get them to read my whole post.

whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) whitepaper has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    ALso, to get the site setup, best thing to do would do a mock up, or get someone with some photoshop skills to get it going. Copy/mimic aspects of sites you like.

Once you're done that, find someone to build it how you want (make sure you have every little ****ing detail down to the dot of what you want, so you don't get screwed over). You can find people on places like elance, etc. The cheaper the person, the less English they speak (generally, and not always true).

If your website literally is just info and one or two pages, nothing else, and no other functionality, then it will be dirt cheap to do. You can find someone to do it for under $100 for sure.
    2014 Misc Resolution: Negging no pics (screen captures of text don't count as pics)

Originally Posted by snufy View Post
    How does your website differ from Scooby's... his is exactly the same, but more detailed?
    why would people go on vine when they can just go on youtube? they both rely on the similar concept of user-generated video content, except youtube allows longer videos...so why even go on vine right?

it's because i'm not trying to be like scooby's site. sure we have similarities but my site and scoobies site will have more similarities the more you look for them.

don't make me take a screen shot of scooby's website lmaooooo. that alone would answer your question

Originally Posted by whitepaper View Post
    ALso, to get the site setup, best thing to do would do a mock up, or get someone with some photoshop skills to get it going. Copy/mimic aspects of sites you like.

Once you're done that, find someone to build it how you want (make sure you have every little ****ing detail down to the dot of what you want, so you don't get screwed over). You can find people on places like elance, etc. The cheaper the person, the less English they speak (generally, and not always true).

If your website literally is just info and one or two pages, nothing else, and no other functionality, then it will be dirt cheap to do. You can find someone to do it for under $100 for sure.
    I like your idea of getting a mock up first. It aligns with what I believe in which is to test things out and not go all out at first and complete the entire project without some sort of planning. however, I thought i'd take a stab at programming it's functionality since that would save me money, rather than pay someone to photoshop for me and make mock ups. but you got me thinking now, and i just might!

If you really think it's functionality is just one or two pages of info then spare your engergy replying. I haven't even even gone into depth about my calculator functionality nor it's ability to not only email the results to yourself, but to a friend--which I can even go deeper about, and explain the amazingness about it.....

maybe i'll make a second thread in the future about it.

also, if you think that the functionality it has right now, is the only functionality it will ever have then you have a false view of business lifecycles.

Snapchat WOULD'T EVEN EXIST until just recently if they waited to roll out their "filters" before releasing the product
    Last edited by JohnDizzle888; 04-14-2016 at 07:44 PM.