jbohabla has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Beginner, need a 5x5 routine

Hello I'm a beginner and I need the best and working 5x5 routine so can please recommend me one?

Also, Ive read that to gain muscle I need to eat and have a caloroc surplus, can anyone please give me an affordable meal? I dont think I can afford having to spend much everyday to have a caloric surplus.

I plan on starting on going to the gym by next week. Thank you for the one's who'll reply to my questions.

Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Havax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For starters, read the stickies; they'll answer the majority of your questions. Find a proven routine, like Stronglifts, ICF, Starting Strength, etc. I have personal experience with Stronglifts, and can say it works well.
    As for caloric surplus, I can't really recommend "affordable meals" but I can recommend some cheap calorie dense foods, but it doesn't mean they'll also be 'healthy', so its your decision if you go with a clean or dirty bulk.
    you can try: Peanut butter, Nuts, Coconut oil, Lots of milk, Flax seed, whole gains, etc.
    B: 200 x 1
    S: 240 (Old) x 1
    D: 375 x 1

So, doing a dirty bulk is cheaper but has more cons than a clean bulk? Done reading the stickies and I think I'll go with ICF.

koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) koweanguy has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jbohabla View Post
    So, doing a dirty bulk is cheaper but has more cons than a clean bulk? Done reading the stickies and I think I'll go with ICF.
    Buy foods in bulk?
    Rice, Potatoes, Chicken, Beans, and such are pretty affordable.

evokinglogos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jbohabla View Post
    Hello I'm a beginner and I need the best and working 5x5 routine so can please recommend me one?

Also, Ive read that to gain muscle I need to eat and have a caloroc surplus, can anyone please give me an affordable meal? I dont think I can afford having to spend much everyday to have a caloric surplus.

I plan on starting on going to the gym by next week. Thank you for the one's who'll reply to my questions.
    ICF 5x5 hands down the best program for linear progression on all lifts which equates to strength and hypertrophy. Eat a ton of Complex Carbohydrates, Fatty Acids, and Amino Acids from economical sources such as beans, rice, oats, lentils, potatoes, bananas, citrus fruit, dried fruit, fruit juices, olive oil, peanut butter, almonds, peanuts, whole avocados, greens, ground beef, steak, pasta, cheese, milk, eggs. I'd definitely recommend a trip to Cosco. This is a narrow selection but it's the most consistent as far as getting enough fuel in to push yourself harder each workout. But yeah if you follow this routine to the tea and ensure that you're taking the right steps to keep yourself anabolic and stress free like making time for Atleast 8-10 hours of sleep, going on bike rides/nature walks, staying hydrated all throughout the day, and nailing your nutrition, then there shouldn't be any reason why your body wouldn't respond to your workouts with strength and muscle mass. BTW if you're thinking about purchasing any supplements, the only stuff that works for me is Maca Root, Creatine Monohydrate and a Vegan Protein powder from sprouts. They definitely help you get in the Zone and aid in recovery after the strenuous but advantageous workouts that Jason Blaha prescribes.
    Last edited by evokinglogos; 04-14-2016 at 05:46 AM.
    The goal is clear. http://youtu.be/Q0ZSMo7q1I8

3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50) 3SchnitzelsAday will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by evokinglogos View Post
    ICF 5x5 hands down the best program for linear progression on all lifts which equates to strength and hypertrophy. Eat a ton of Complex Carbohydrates, Fatty Acids, and Amino Acids from economical sources such as beans, rice, oats, lentils, potatoes, bananas, citrus fruit, dried fruit, fruit juices, olive oil, peanut butter, almonds, peanuts, whole avocados, greens, ground beef, steak, pasta, cheese, milk, eggs. I'd definitely recommend a trip to Cosco. This is a narrow selection but it's the most consistent as far as getting enough fuel in to push yourself harder each workout. But yeah if you follow this routine to the tea and ensure that you're taking the right steps to keep yourself anabolic and stress free like making time for Atleast 8-10 hours of sleep, going on bike rides/nature walks, staying hydrated all throughout the day, and nailing your nutrition, then there shouldn't be any reason why your body wouldn't respond to your workouts with strength and muscle mass. BTW if you're thinking about purchasing any supplements, the only stuff that works for me is Maca Root, Creatine Monohydrate and a Vegan Protein powder from sprouts. They definitely help you get in the Zone and aid in recovery after the strenuous but advantageous workouts that Jason Blaha prescribes.
    Not really. Lots of unnecessary accessory for novices.
    Starting Strength, Stronglifts is where it's at.

Can anyone please recommend me a youtuber that would show proper forms for the workouts in ICF 5X5

evokinglogos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 3SchnitzelsAday View Post
    Not really. Lots of unnecessary accessory for novices.
    Starting Strength, Stronglifts is where it's at.
    True but it's always fun to pump your arms and it wouldn't hurt to hit a core workout at the end
    The goal is clear. http://youtu.be/Q0ZSMo7q1I8