Closed Thread
    bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) bongowongo has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)

Angry I'm not losing any fukkin weight/fat (I was on SSRI's)

From the beginning - Last October I got on a ssri for depression and I was in the middle of a bulk phase, before I knew it, I had gained a lot of weight. About two weeks ago, I've stopped my meds and have been on a cutting phase (I've been trying to cut since January, but it was impossible).

Anyway, so I've been cutting for the past two weeks, been doing my cardio and I'm eating less, but I havnt lost a single lb .. Not even water weight .. I'm constantly hovering at 79-81 kg (Though I think I've lost a bit of bloat) ... But this is really disheartening at the moment, because with the amount of cardio and food I'm eating I really should be losing weight because I've eaten at this much before and have lost weight successfully at a far lighter weight.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do .... Should I just skip a couple lifting days and add full cardio days and aim to lose about 500 cals per session or something? because I'm a total loss and feeling extremely demotivated.

or perhaps this is one of those things where the scale doesnt say chit, but one day I'm gonna wake up and see I've lost 5 kgs out of the blue

And no, I dont count calories, I never did ... I sort of guesstimate my portions and have always successfully lost what I needed to lose based on my portions.
    Sig line can't be a novel

GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000) GSXRMax is just really nice. (+1000)
    SSRI's are incredibly potent drugs that can take quite some time to leave the system.

the best suggestion you'll get is to start counting calories to ensure a correct deficit and wait it out until your hormones come back to a normal balance

Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tyler2106 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bongowongo View Post
    And no, I dont count calories, I never did ... I sort of guesstimate my portions and have always successfully lost what I needed to lose based on my portions.
    This is why you're not losing weight ^

Figure out your caloric intake for weight loss (which can be found in the stickies), track your calories accurately, and you'll lose weight. It's not difficult.
    New England Patriot
    MISC Dynasty League Champion 2018

Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000) Paulie_G is just really nice. (+1000)
    I can't figure out why you'd want to lose weight at 5' 8" 160. I'm 5'7" 181 right now with a 32" waist. Now I could stand to lose a small amount of BF, but if I got down to 160, my body would all but disappear. Are you sure you shouldn't just lift and put on a little more mass?

aneesto has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There with you pal. Got anti-histamines for migraine which are de facto very similar to SSRI and they've made my appetite go crazy, and self-control was just impossible. I didn't think it would be so bad and I would laugh at online reviews of the medicine that people would gain 10 kilos over just a few months. And then boom, it happened to me. I've only put on about 3-4 kg but even with a strict diet and exercise i would lose 0.5 kg per 1.5 weeks. I got my dose reduced and even though i'm not feeling like a fridge-full of food isn't enough my weight is not going away. So thanks for the words of support about the drugs taking long to get out of the system and their impact on hormones reducing. We just have to be patient! Or crash diet with 900kcal per day - it worked for me after I got a tummy bug for a week.

'may the force be with you'

A

rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10) rleatfitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Start counting calories, use myfitnesspal to do this.
    A Personal trainer based in bristol (UK)
    http://rleat-fitness.com/

oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50) oncewasinshape will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    From the beginning - Last October I got on a ssri for depression and I was in the middle of a bulk phase, before I knew it, I had gained a lot of weight. About two weeks ago, I've stopped my meds and have been on a cutting phase (I've been trying to cut since January, but it was impossible).

Anyway, so I've been cutting for the past two weeks, been doing my cardio and I'm eating less, but I havnt lost a single lb .. Not even water weight .. I'm constantly hovering at 79-81 kg (Though I think I've lost a bit of bloat) ... But this is really disheartening at the moment, because with the amount of cardio and food I'm eating I really should be losing weight because I've eaten at this much before and have lost weight successfully at a far lighter weight.

Does anyone have any idea what I could do .... Should I just skip a couple lifting days and add full cardio days and aim to lose about 500 cals per session or something? because I'm a total loss and feeling extremely demotivated.

or perhaps this is one of those things where the scale doesnt say chit, but one day I'm gonna wake up and see I've lost 5 kgs out of the blue

I hope you stopped them under medical supervision. Nasty things can happen.

Intermittent Fasting Crew Varun3k's Avatar
    Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10) Varun3k is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hope you tapered off of the SSRIs and didn't cold turkey, because the withdrawal symptoms are brutal. I also hope your depression is under control, which is more important than cutting depending on how severe it was (or still is).

That said, when I started my latest weight loss journey I was stuck at the same weight for 2-3 weeks, then it plummeted. I was also measuring my abdomen, which was going down by 0.5 inches per week while my weight stayed the same. See how you look in the mirror, measure your waist/stomach, for a couple of weeks at least, and if that isn't changing then there's a problem.

I edited my post a bit after reading yours a bit more carefully and realizing it's probably not the SSRIs, but your lack of calorie counting. You definitely should be counting calories as accurately as possible, either stop being lazy or stop wondering why you're not losing weight.
    Last edited by Varun3k; 03-24-2016 at 06:56 PM.

CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CFitLife has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try lots of Vitamin C. Serious. Studies show it helps.

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Doing that when just coming off SSRI's can be a pretty bad idea as they can mess up your appetite and perception of food intake, and they can cause water retention.

The first part can mess with your calorie intake the latter can hide your calorie intake/weight loss, unless you want to start tracking you are going to have to wait 2-3 weeks or so before knowing what to do.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

I need about tree fiddy davisj3537's Avatar
    davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz davisj3537 has the mod powerz
    Prescription drug discussion is against forum rules. This is something you should discuss with your dr.
    Experience, not just theory