nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Is it more important to hit macros or calories?

Hey all-
    so my currents macros are set at 140P/62F/120C and 1600 cal. I do a pretty good job hitting my macros but my calories are short usally anywhere from 50-150 on most days but looking back at myfitnesspal, there are days where Im short even around 200 calories.. Is this okay as long as I'm hitting my macros or do I need to do some major adjusting?

I havent been macro tracking for very long and Im still learning so any suggestions and information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Freiord is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1g of protein = 4 calories
    1g of carbohydrates = 4 calories
    1g of fat = 9 calories

if you hit your macros you also hit your calories.

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Count macros in MFP. Nutritional labels can be off which give you a lower calorie total than what it really contains.

rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rimam1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's six in one hand, half a dozen in the other.

Track macros for body composition.

Track calories if you just care about losing weight.
    Show some love...

www.TheScienceofGettingRipped.com

Registered User RyanJayRobinson's Avatar
    RyanJayRobinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Depends on goals, overall aim for your calories but keeping protein goals at the top of your priorities.

nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) nicolepopz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    Count macros in MFP. Nutritional labels can be off which give you a lower calorie total than what it really contains.
    Ohh okay, this makes sense. Thanks so much!

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nicolepopz View Post
    Ohh okay, this makes sense. Thanks so much!
    Count calories, making sure you hit your protein and fat minimums
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000) Xenuprime is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    Can you elaborate on this? I'm using MFP and when I search for a food I'm eating, I always try to find the one that matches the label. I then weigh my portion in order to determine how much of a serving I'm eating.

Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Mrpb has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Calories.

You don't need to hit your macros. Just make sure you're reaching your minimum fat and protein.
    Recommended science based fitness & nutrition information:
    Alan Aragon https://alanaragon.com/
    Brad Schoenfeld http://www.lookgreatnaked.com/
    James Krieger https://weightology.net/
    Jorn Trommelen http://www.nutritiontactics.com/
    Eric Helms & Team3DMJ https://3dmusclejourney.com/

leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250) leeniepie has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    if you're trying to cut, no issue, if you're trying to bulk, then yeah not hitting calories is an issue.
    sounds like your tracking it a bit off too as macros should=calories if they're right (which yours are). if you're using MFP then make sure you're using the values for the brand of food you're eating and compare with the label - companies change their nutrition info all the time.

macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000) macdawg202 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should be hitting your calories if you hit your macros

But anyways if one was trying to lose weight macros would be more important. Hit minimums in fat and protein to protect your muscles and hormines, with the calorie deficit causing fat loss.

If bulking it'd be more important to hit calories. Just getting your fat and protein minimums won't add muscle if your in a caloric deficit still. And its not like being off of your protein intake one day will destroy your bulking results.
    Adaptogen Science Rep

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/adaptogen-science.html

Instagram: @adaptogenscience --- ********: AdaptogenScience --- Twitter: @AdaptogenSci