PaigeAlice has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Meal Replacement

So I work in hospitality which means long hours, working through lunch and dinner. On weekends I often don't get to have my dinner until 11pm and end up so hungry or snacking on unhealthy foods. Is there a good supplement I can take as a meal replacement (would only take it 1-2 times a week). I have optimum nutrition whey which I use after workouts, but I wasn't sure if whey is a suitable meal replacement.

mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) mtpaquette has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by PaigeAlice View Post
    So I work in hospitality which means long hours, working through lunch and dinner. On weekends I often don't get to have my dinner until 11pm and end up so hungry or snacking on unhealthy foods. Is there a good supplement I can take as a meal replacement (would only take it 1-2 times a week). I have optimum nutrition whey which I use after workouts, but I wasn't sure if whey is a suitable meal replacement.
    It is, but whey tends to not be very filling. It also isn't necessary as a "post-work out". Just use it as needed to hit your macros. Timing serves little to no relevance, and especially for some who works out versus high level competitive athlete.

I would suggest one of two things:

1. Make a shake using oats, peanutbutter, fruit, milk, or whatever you want to get more kcals in and be more satisfying.
    2. Try out a MRP like Snytha 6. Taste is bomb, and it's much more filling then whey.
    Supplement a good diet: don't diet on supplements.

MAN Sports Lead Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. Our products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

IG: @eminentandpowerfulco

fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000) fbcpastormk is a name known to all. (+5000)
    There is nothing wrong with whey, especially if you need to add protein to hit your macros for the day. It may not satisfy your hunger for to long. You mentioned that when you get hungry you snack on unhealthy foods. Why not bring healthy snacks to work?
    “I am not where I want to be, but I am not where I used to be”

mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mdritter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I worked those dreaded 12 hour shift for years, best thing I can say is meal prep..cook up food before and plan a few days in advance. You can make a higher calorie shake by adding oats, honey, pb, etc or go the gainer shake route but I shears preferred cooking up a ton of chicken and buying a bunch of those instant rice that you pop in microwave and going that route
    *Nutrabolics Representative *

http://www.nutrabolics.com.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/nbol/nutra.htm

Stay tuned...big things are coming!

PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000) PatrickValo86 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can cook a TON of food and then bring it with you.

OR you can look in a meal replacement shake or even make your own

If you want to make your own find things that work well with your diet (pb, oats, honey, etc) Or you can buy a mass shake like Mass Gainz by IForce Nutrition that has a ton of nutrients and other things in it to help you keep your mass

It all depends on your goals and your wallet
    Lift Big, Eat Big, Live Big

mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mtownballer20 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post

1. Make a shake using oats, peanutbutter, fruit, milk, or whatever you want to get more kcals in and be more satisfying.

2. Try out a MRP like Snytha 6. Taste is bomb, and it's much more filling then whey.
    Recommend bold above. You can make it healthier than buying something, can also add in honey.

Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Misctake7 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by mtpaquette View Post
    It is, but whey tends to not be very filling. It also isn't necessary as a "post-work out". Just use it as needed to hit your macros. Timing serves little to no relevance, and especially for some who works out versus high level competitive athlete.

These are good options. You can also look at meal prepping something quick you can eat or a protein bar. I'd place more emphasis on the meal prepping simply because I'm a believer in whole foods being much more filling and satisfying than supplements. But a bar or blended shake like mtpaquette mentioned would be alternatives as well.
    Progressive overload + progressive eating = gains. Simple as that!

showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) showjo1josh is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    You could pack a quick and easy snack and do the meal replacement shake so you're kind of getting both worlds. That's what I would do if you don't like prepping a lot of food and taking it with you.

VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) VO2Maxima has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Whey is fine, though as mtpaquette stated, it's not very filling. And you'd also only be getting protein, without the other two macros. If you're on the go and can't sit down for 10 minutes to eat a prepared meal you made earlier (which would be the ideal scenario), I'd opt for a meal replacement instead (i.e. the aforementioned Syntha-6, Core MRP, Mass Gainz is a little higher calorie and tending more towards gainer but would work too, and if you're truly *skipping* the meals may be a better option anyway). Or you could stick with the whey and add a granola bar or something else along those lines.
    Olympus Labs Representative

Olympus Lyfestyle: https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/olympus-lyfestyle.html

tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tastan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I also work in the hospital. I find that it's easier to get down a liquid meal sometimes then a whole foods meal, because there are times when you don't have time to eat anything. I make a shake by mixing quick 1 minute oats, whey protein. I don't add anything else to it because I just want to slam my shake quickly and keep going. I try to get my fats from other meals when I get a lunch break and such.
    AI Sports Nutrition Rep
    NPC competitor
    http://instagram.com/tastankul

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/ai/ai.htm
    Facebook.com/AISportsNutrition
    Newsletter: http://forms.aweber.com/form/85/1635053985.htm
    Ask me for samples!

WHEY protein available in Chocolate, Cinnamon roll, Pumpkin pie, Vanilla and Mocha flavors.

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by PaigeAlice View Post
    I would opt for protein bars in your case.

Registered User CONTROLLED LABS's Avatar
    CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CONTROLLED LABS has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    make your life easier and grab a Venture Bar
    Specials & insider info
    https://www.facebook.com/controlledlabs

www.bodybuilding.com/store/clabs/clabs.htm

FREE CL stuff for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=6654831

andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) andrewwww has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Make your own MRP, Whey, Oats, PB, Banana all blended up..its alsoo a quick meal to make less than 5mins.

If you need a powder Nutrabolics Isogainer is a good options with complex carbs and healthy fats ( you can even use half serving 2x/day)

Iforce Mass Gainer, Universal Oats & Whey are 2 other good products
    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/photos/view-user-photos/158620

TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrainerTone has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I wouldn't consider a protein shake a meal replacement. However you can add things to it such as milk, peanut butter, banana, oats etc to up the calories and make it a meal replacement
    Instagram - beyond__fitness__

Registered User RyanJayRobinson's Avatar
    RyanJayRobinson has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely.