Alex876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Cant seem to build muscle..

Hi everyone im new here and joined this community looking for some answers hopefully you guys can enlighten me.. First of all im 23 and i have lived pretty much my entire life as a sedentary being until 6 months ago when i decided that i needed a change and sign in for the gym. my chilhood days i was a fat kid until around 16 after i got taller and lost around 30 pounds, since then ive had a skinny fat type of body im 6'1 feet tall and when i started gym i was weighting 160 i was looking to get some lean mass lifting weight. My brother has always been a gym guy so it was easy for me he showed me how to properly lift and to gradually up weights so i could get stronger and bigger,and to be consistent about it, from day one i knew that i wanted results i had to eat properly and so i did by eating complex carbs fat and right amount of proteins. I was shooting to gain 2 pounds a week the number people say you should go for when bulking, cool so i was gaining strength week after week and steady 2 pounds every 6-7 days, but what i kept seeing in the mirror was me getting fatter and basically no muscle at all after 14 weeks i had gained around 20 pounds so i was 180 and i just didnt feel comfortable so i decided to go on a 3 month cut so i get rid of the fat and then go up again so it would look more esthetic and maybe the belly fat that has being bothering me forever would be gone too. good, 3 months later i was 150 pounds skeleton but the fat belly was still there i just couldnt keep going just so i could lose the belly or i would have ended in the 130s, now im just in this point where im thinking heck wtf am i doing wrong?? I eat right and train hard 4 days a week but still i look worse than an average guy who doesnt even go to the gym.. I would leave you pics but cuz im new cant post them...

AlexGhaznawi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The issue seems to be with your diet. Post up your diet:

Calorie intake per day
    Macro set up per meal (how many grams of carbs, pro, fat)
    Meal frequency
    What foods you're eating to get your macros

When you cut and lose weifht but don't see belly fat drop or body fat reduce it usually means you've taken your body beyond starvation. Your body is preserving fat but losing muscle (where most of weight loss is coming from)

When you bulk, don't go by the scale or a "I have to gain an x amount of weight per week" mentality because this will end up badly. You'll get fat. Go by the mirror and how you look, take progress pics.

You don't have to lose weight to become leaner and you don't need to gain weight to become bigger. It all depends on your diet and how you manipulate carbs.

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    2lbs a week is way too fast.
    1lb a week is the normal goal.
    1lb/2weeks is ideal IMO.

You gained weight too quickly.
    Macros and routine?

Alex876 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My normal routine is

Tuesday: Chest/biceps
    Wednesday: Shoulder/triceps
    Friday: Back/Legs
    Saturday: Chest/Biceps/Triceps

Macros

400Grams of Carbs
    180Grams of Protein
    90Grams of Fat

comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) comps is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Alex876 View Post
    My normal routine is

Macros

400Grams of Carbs
    180Grams of Protein
    90Grams of Fat
    Why are you hitting Chest/bis/tris so often and everything else so little?
    Try getting your frequency per group to be the same and lower your carbs until you're gaining weight very slowly.

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Alex876 View Post
    My normal routine is

Macros

400Grams of Carbs
    180Grams of Protein
    90Grams of Fat
    This isn't a routine it's a split, and it's a pretty terrible one at that. Get on a novice routine. Eat at a reasonable surplus, aiming for 2-3lbs/month
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100) Nofate1992 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Bro if your looking for size mass ect. Eat everything. I dont mean french fries and bs. Im talking 20 eggs at a time 4 cans of tuna tons of peanut butter fruits vegtables ground beef chicken TONS of it..
    He who conquers others is strong; He who conquers himself is mighty.

Lao Tzu