Closed Thread
    Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)

When to take Potassium supplement.

I'm inquiring as to when would be the most optimal environment for me to take a Potassium supplement. In the morning, evening, with or without food, etc? I currently have Potassium citrate, btw. I'll be starting on approx. 500mg in addition to the ~5000mg I have from food. Does this sound fine?

Thanks.

My heart pumps ETHER CHUCK DIESEL's Avatar
    CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Cold_As_Ice
    I'm inquiring as to when would be the most optimal environment for me to take a Potassium supplement. In the morning, evening, with or without food, etc? I currently have Potassium citrate, btw. I'll be starting on approx. 500mg in addition to the ~5000mg I have from food. Does this sound fine?

Thanks.
    Pot. supplements are a waste. 500mg of Pot. Citrate pills yeilds about 90mg of Pot.

Eat more baked potatoes and bananas post workout. There is no reason to take pot. pills.

delusion of grandeur carcinogen's Avatar
    carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) carcinogen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by CHUCK DIESEL
    Pot. supplements are a waste. 500mg of Pot. Citrate pills yeilds about 90mg of Pot.

Eat more baked potatoes and bananas post workout. There is no reason to take pot. pills.
    I agree.
    Hidden away in a dark corner.

Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cold_As_Ice is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I already eat 3 Sweet Potatoes, 4 cups of green veggies, and plenty of lean protein daily. How would 495mg, 5 pills of 99mg, yeild only 90mg of Potassium? That can't be right.

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Potassium is regulated because people overdosed on it or something to that effect, I think if it's greater than 3% of your daily value of potassium it requires a prescription. One banana will have roughy 5 times the amount of potassium as an over-the-counter supplement.
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

Would taking a half tsp of Sea Salt daily be more benificial in the regulation of electrolytes in my system? I'm excreting a massive amount out through my urine, as I'm currently on a high protein diet. For the amount of protein I eat, I obviously have to compensate by consuming lots of water. But I feel that I'm deluting my electrolytes by doing this. I'm up 2 or 3 times a night pissing, feeling lathargic frequently, etc. What should I do?

BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BringnIt is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Have bloodwork done and see if you require a prescription? Eat bananas?
    Speller Extraordinaire. Don't believe the lies.

CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000) CHUCK DIESEL is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BringnIt
    Have bloodwork done and see if you require a prescription? Eat bananas?
    Eat bananas....yeah.... read my post then post #5

Originally Posted by Cold_As_Ice
    Would taking a half tsp of Sea Salt daily be more benificial in the regulation of electrolytes in my system? I'm excreting a massive amount out through my urine, as I'm currently on a high protein diet. For the amount of protein I eat, I obviously have to compensate by consuming lots of water. But I feel that I'm deluting my electrolytes by doing this. I'm up 2 or 3 times a night pissing, feeling lathargic frequently, etc. What should I do?
    eat less protein. anything more than 1.5g/kg/day has been shown to do more bad than good.

I'm at 1.2g per pound, atm, and I don't eat fruit, generally. Besides, there are better food sources for Potassium, and I'm already eating them.

Bump.

Bump.

When I wake up in the middle of the night to excrete fluid, what should I include in a glass of water to replenish electrolytes? In the past I've tried to include Sea Salt, and my lathargy improved greatly for a period of time.

Any idea's people?

Bump.

force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Unless you have some type of potassium deficiency verified by proper bloodwork OR are full of a non-potassium sparing diruetic there shouldnt be a reason to use a potassium supplement. Most of us here are eating alot of protein and drinking alot of water daily bro your no exception. If your that concerned go get some bloodwork done! too much potassium can be a really bad thing if it wasnt we would still have awesome BB's around like Momo benaziza and a few others...

F.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Arrtman99 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Only idiots get irritated by an Internet forum. I guess I'm temporarily stupid because I'm very irritated that I read that whole damn thing without anyone saying whether you take them in the morning or at night like the guy asked. Always take with food I know that much.

The TITLE of this thread is "When to take Potassium supplement."

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Why are all these posters bumping 11 year old threads?
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

2011 NPC Eastern USA's XCriticalBenchX's Avatar
    XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) XCriticalBenchX has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Why are all these posters bumping 11 year old threads?
    And.. dont we tell people to use the search function all the time, but then get mad when they bump threads??

Mike
    ….

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Arrtman99 View Post
    Only idiots get irritated by an Internet forum. I guess I'm temporarily stupid because I'm very irritated that I read that whole damn thing without anyone saying whether you take them in the morning or at night like the guy asked. Always take with food I know that much.

you are permanently an idiot
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) emergency has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Arrtman99 View Post

if only there were instructions on the label to follow.
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

Willp1214 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Can someone just answer the god damn question? Does it have to be spelled out?

WHAT TIME OF DAY, SHOULD POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS BE TAKEN.

no other input necessary on whether or not the supplements are necessary.

LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000) LDARboyo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Willp1214 View Post
    Can someone just answer the god damn question? Does it have to be spelled out?

WHAT TIME OF DAY, SHOULD POTASSIUM SUPPLEMENTS BE TAKEN.

no other input necessary on whether or not the supplements are necessary.
    Someone's jimmies are rustled!!

Tubycat is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Answer

I’m a nurse, my patients take them in the evening at dinner time, BUT like everyone in this thread your should have your lab Values checked before taking it - to much potassium can cause your Magnesium to drop and vice versa. I have a Magnesium defency verifies by my doc so I’m supposed to take Mag and Potassium. But I only take my potassium with my Bp meds. As for electrolyte just drink Pedialyte.