Kerryblue25 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Squatting while over weight ?

Hi everyone ,

I am doing a exercise routine and it involves lots of squatting and legs exercises. I am having a lot of trouble with completing whole routine and the sets but I am working up a sweat and feel nauseous after ( trying my best and my legs get to the point of giving out ) Should I cut exercise in half ? I am resting my legs every other day. I will start abs tomorrow. I am 5'7 and 195.

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Kerryblue25 View Post
    Hi everyone ,

I am doing a exercise routine and it involves lots of squatting and legs exercises. I am having a lot of trouble with completing whole routine and the sets but I am working up a sweat and feel nauseous after ( trying my best and my legs get to the point of giving out ) Should I cut exercise in half ? I am resting my legs every other day. I will start abs tomorrow. I am 5'7 and 195.
    What routine are you following? You should be following a beginners strength training one, lots to find on the workout or female forums.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

MarthaSimons has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'd say you're overestimating your abilities. I did the same when started training. I guess you need to consult with a trainer or your physician to make sure you're not harming your body.

peterdrill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) peterdrill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you're overweight, don't deep squat. It could be bad for your knees.. Just go to 90 degrees.

anonymous
    think of it like this...

when you first learn how to play ping pong the only thing you focus on is keeping the ball on the table

why? because you know the game cannot continue if you try doing anything else

1. first and foremost make sure you have the proper form
    2. start with body exercises (don't use weights... yet)
    3. build your repetitions if you can only do 4 squats per set on Monday then try for 5 squats on Wednesday

slowly but surely

Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Znik has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like exercise-induced-nausea, play around with your pre-workout meal timing and avoid excessive liquid intake during exercise and see if that helps.
    My story going from obese to fit while battling daily chronic headaches:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155566013&p=1104734533#post1104734533

Summer shred 2015. -final updated posted Sept. 19.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167135911

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you are just starting something requiring using your entire body to move, of course you are going to feel sick and sweat, even more when you are carrying 70 lbs extra.
    Its why people dont like running, they cant make it through the first week when you are so out of shape anything makes you want to puke and you get tired easily.
    if you dont have any illness, it is normal, i used to sweat like a pig myself and feel dizzy when i started lifting.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Partyrocking has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Make sure your routine is a solid one. Play around with meal times if you've been eating close to your workouts. Hang in there. I used to feel like I'd faint each time I deadlifted, but I built the capacity for the lift over time.

Also, who says fat chicks can't do full squats. GTFO!
    You can't help the hopeless.

Fat Girl Gets Fit: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168690083&page=1

Best Gym lifts: 375/225/445
    Best Meet lifts: 358/220.7/441,
    Best Wilks=415 (Old Wilks)
    Best Dots=429.01

Thanks for the replies when is the best to work out and eat ? I didn't eat right before the exercise.

Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    What routine are you following? You should be following a beginners strength training one, lots to find on the workout or female forums.
    Here is what I attempted to do last night. Wall squats 6 sets 30-60 seconds each , runners lunge to knee 4 sets of 10 reps , single split squat 3 sets of 12 reps , chair squat 5 sets of 15 reps, and reverse lunges 4 sets of 15 reps.

I only did the following 3 sets of the wall squats, runners lunge I actually did them all, chair squat only 2 sets. The chair squats had my heart pumping in a good way. Today my legs are sore but not too sore. I have a knee brace for my right knee and it felt really good after the workout. I tried to do my legs Monday without it and it was sore afterwards.

anonymous
    Originally Posted by Kerryblue25 View Post
    Here is what I attempted to do last night. Wall squats 6 sets 30-60 seconds each , runners lunge to knee 4 sets of 10 reps , single split squat 3 sets of 12 reps , chair squat 5 sets of 15 reps, and reverse lunges 4 sets of 15 reps.

I only did the following 3 sets of the wall squats, runners lunge I actually did them all, chair squat only 2 sets. The chair squats had my heart pumping in a good way. Today my legs are sore but not too sore. I have a knee brace for my right knee and it felt really good after the workout. I tried to do my legs Monday without it and it was sore afterwards.
    use some ice packs for the soreness and before you exercise use a heating pad to loosen up

Live2Die has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Die has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Die has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Die has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Die has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Die has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Live2Die has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how is your blood pressure? If you are feeling dizzy, getting your heart pumping could make it worse if your BP is off