Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100)

My gym closed down!

This isn't good or bad (depending on how you look at it), but interested/odd. I usually go to the gym after I get off of work (straight from work to the gym), I get there today, and there's a sign on the door saying "Well's Fargo has foreclosed on this property: closed for business". It's crazy that the owners gave us no warning or head's up. I was pissed but more disappointed/discouraged than anything, today, but I'm looking at it on the bright side; I've been a member of that gym since 2008 and the gym is has been dated for a while. Though I hate that I'm going to have to miss a couple of days of the gym, in the process of going a new one--which won't be as convenient for me, I'll just use the excitement of this *change* and anger/tenacity for more motivation!

But isn't that weird? Out of nowhere?

BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50) BreakdownBBD will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ashe133 View Post
    This isn't good or bad (depending on how you look at it), but interested/odd. I usually go to the gym after I get off of work (straight from work to the gym), I get there today, and there's a sign on the door saying "Well's Fargo has foreclosed on this property: closed for business". It's crazy that the owners gave us no warning or head's up. I was pissed but more disappointed/discouraged than anything, today, but I'm looking at it on the bright side; I've been a member of that gym since 2008 and the gym is has been dated for a while. Though I hate that I'm going to have to miss a couple of days of the gym, in the process of going a new one--which won't be as convenient for me, I'll just use the excitement of this *change* and anger/tenacity for more motivation!

Unlike just about any reputable business when a gym closes down, it's seems it's always without notice. Hopefully you don't have year pre-paid membership there with 11 months left or anything!!

Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100) Ashe133 is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by BreakdownBBD View Post
    Unlike just about any reputable business when a gym closes down, it's seems it's always without notice. Hopefully you don't have year pre-paid membership there with 11 months left or anything!!
    Oh, I see. I did have about 6 months left and was barely halfway through this month. But I did go straight to my bank and get that worked out.

The most frustrating part about this is having to find another gym, while missing a few days in the process. It's the only gym I know and as dated as it was, this gym was one of the biggest in town and more economical. The other gym within the vicinity is smaller, so I don't think I'll choose that one. I already had to ride my bicycle about an hour to get to my gym, and the other big gym is twice as far in distance, so I'll end up having to go further out of my way to get there, but if it's as upscale as they made it sound over the phone, I suppose it'll be worth. Some might suggest that I do home workouts, and I do those, but I feel I have to be in a gym, also; it's like a fortress for me.

This may be a blessing in disguise, though. A change of environment.
    Last edited by Ashe133; 03-09-2016 at 10:33 AM.

SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SWG42 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    there's a sign on the door saying "Well's Fargo has foreclosed on this property:
    Find out if there's going to be an auction!

behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10) behemoth87 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    from the owner's perspective,

they might have felt ashamed and saddenned. Their aspirations turned to ash and can't make enough money to sustain itself. Maybe, just maybe, the shame and dissapointment was stronger than any other force out there and they wanted to close the doors forever not knowing how the gym members feel about this sad event.
    bench: 360
    conventional deadlift: 415
    bent barbell row: 225
    pull ups: 3
    chin ups: 5
    squat: 515
    shoulder press: 225

rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rami999 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Go to another one, just dont quit

denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10) denmarker is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Though I hate that I'm going to have to miss a couple of days of the gym, in the process of going a new one--which won't be as convenient for me, I'll just use the excitement of this *change* and anger/tenacity for more motivation!
    good! maybe a new gym with new people and environment will encourage u more!