earnestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Vacation HELP!!!

I've entered into the 250kchallenge and I've made great progress. I've been on point with my meal planning and workouts. BUT I'm going on a big family vacation soon and Im a little worried about food. My family loves to eat all kinds of junk. So what can I do to help me from just eating crap with them. I was thinking about packing some meals to have but we will be a the beach and things like that so I'm not going to have a microwave handy everywhere we go. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Learn to practice moderation and enjoy the time with your family; that is far more important than any diet. Get back on your normal plan when you return.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

kingzslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingzslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kingzslayer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I was too on vacation just few weeks back. I control my eating, I ate right and after a while I just ate anything my friends were having. After coming back I hit the gym really hard to get my shape back. You can try that also..

dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dest0 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Since this is for a challenge, I'd say you've got 2 options..either pack your meals before you go as you said. Or use IIFYM to eat what's there within your macros..
    “One of the greatest experiences in life is achieving personal goals that others said would be, ‘impossible to attain.’ Be proud of your success and share your story with others.” -Robert Cheeke

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you've come this far, you already have a sense of what, and how much you should be eating. Use what you have learned thus far to help with portions, and focus on eating similar things to what you have been. I travel quite frequently, and no matter where I go I can always find places that serve meat and vegetables, or salads, etc. i'm hoping your family knows about the challenge and is being supportive of you?
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have no clue what this challenge is, but will offer my thoughts in general.

If you are super strict in what you eat, chances are your family knows about it. Chances are they think youre crazy, especially if they eat a lot of junk as you say. Or at the very least think you are OCD about food.

What I usually do in this situation is roll with the punches. Eat what everybody else eats, just Do so in moderation. IT will blow their minds. They all hav it in their heads that earnestco is some sort of food nazi, but nope, he's just a normal guy eating normal food.

I will add- gaining weight on vacation is normal and not a big deal. It will drop back off within a week or two once you return to normal eating and exercising.

DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000) DGMan99 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Oinkerjnn View Post
    I have no clue what this challenge is, but will offer my thoughts in general.

If you are super strict in what you eat, chances are your family knows about it. Chances are they think youre crazy, especially if they eat a lot of junk as you say. Or at the very least think you are OCD about food.

What I usually do in this situation is roll with the punches. Eat what everybody else eats, just Do so in moderation. IT will blow their minds. They all hav it in their heads that earnestco is some sort of food nazi, but nope, he's just a normal guy eating normal food.

I will add- gaining weight on vacation is normal and not a big deal. It will drop back off within a week or two once you return to normal eating and exercising.
    I actually lost 7 pounds last time I went on vacation, cuz I couldn't train at all I came back weak as ****! OP agree with all of the above posts.

Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Oinkerjnn is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DGMan99 View Post
    I actually lost 7 pounds last time I went on vacation, cuz I couldn't train at all I came back weak as ****! OP agree with all of the above posts.
    Bro you're also 16, eating 5k calories a day, lifting heavy as Fuk.

You could literally eat Pizza Hut big dinner box nightly and still make gains and stay lean.

Us old men need to pay attention to what we eat.

earnestco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's what I don't want to happen. But I know I might slip little just cause i wanna have fun and enjoy the vacation but I can let myself get out of control. I will definitely be hitting the gym hard after the vacation.